BY BIRCHBOX #8 in Subscription Boxes

Join Birchbox to get a monthly delivery of beauty samples that are personalized to you.

Try a variety of products and discover new favorites!

• Is this as good subscription box?4 Answers
  • I just switched from ipsy to Birchbox. Has anyone had bot...19 Answers
  • How much does it cost monthly for this or is there differ...2 Answers
zaneta o.
Fresh Meadows, NY
I signed up to Birchbox basically because I have a new found addiction to subscription boxes but I only want to remain a subscriber of the very best ones for me so if course this means I have to test them all!

I found birchbox to be a decent value. Since I was a new subscriber I was able to get an extra free box. I wasn't a huge fan of the "waiting list" so I did what I had to so I could get my boxes right away. The process took a little over a week or so.

My boxes arrived and were well packaged. It was a box, within a box, within another box. It was almost like one of those gift gags where you just keep opening boxes. I finally got to the box with the goodies in it. The products are all sample sized. I found some of the samples to be generous and some to be on the small side. I'm mostly interested in beauty products and makeup which is what I indicated upon sign up. I received a bunch of hair products and even a dupe of one of the hair products. There was one of the same exact hair care items in each box. That to me seemed a little careless. Not only that but I already have a ton of hair care products so I'm not really interested in receiving them for the moment.

I decided to cancel for now but I might re-subscribe at a later date when I actually start running low on hair care. Since I can't opt out of it I don't want to keep getting more. As for the other samples. They were a little lackluster. I was hoping to get some of the more popular prestigious brands and I did get one or two that I'm familiar with an a fan of but it was coupled with several unknown brands.

The brand I did enjoy were Benefit, Coola, and Sunday Riley. The Clarins product was great too but I already own it. Not mad about that because it's a good scrub and now I have a travel size I can take with me when I'm away from home.
Lisa T.
Pantego, NC
I love Birchbox! A few years ago I received a 3 month subscription as a Christmas gift and I fell in love! The boxes are great quality and so cute, many ways to repurpose or organize! But the products included are all legit sample sized ! Each month you receive 5 and some months there’s a bonus! My mom came over and saw my boxes and guess what! Now she’s hooked and I pay for her to get a box each month! I have always loved makeup but was never taught how to actually apply.. just watched friend and mom. And where I lived at the beach there wasn’t an ulta or Sephora! We had cvs or Walmart lol! So drugstore was all I knew. After Birchbox I have learned so many tips, techniques, and how to’s! And with each box I am introduced to a new product! Of course some I don’t like but I give away.. and the ones I do love I purchase! The sample sizes provide plenty of product to find out if you like it and gives you opportunity to try out new looks! And a huge plus is if you are going on vacation you will soon after a few months have almost everything you need in a perfect size!! I love Birchbox and suggest for anyone looking to try new products. I will say that I feel that Birchbox provides more skin care products than the other monthly subscriptions! But that maybe due to how I answered my beauty quiz.. which is how they decide what you receive each month! So 10.68$ a month gives my mom and I something to look forward to and enjoy!
Sandra D.
I was a Birchbox subscriber for about 1.5 years. I ended up canceling because the boxes stopped appealing to me. There began to be more and more tiny samples put in the boxes, and the dreaded foil packets were just happening way too often. I also received perfume samples or samples from the same two or three brands too often. Don't get me wrong, I discovered a few really great brands through BirchBox but eventually I was only finding maybe one or two products from the entire box worth using. Most of the small samples were made even smaller by the tubes being only partially filled. I became disgusted at that point. I mean, if you're gonna send me tiny samples, at least be sure the tubes have enough product in them to try! I will say though, BirchBox did have a nice feature where you could choose at least one of your products for that month from a list of preselected products/samples. That's always nice, but not enough to keep me a paying subscriber.
Shauna C.
I first heard about this from my sister and she said she dropped it for another subscription box, I decided to try it out and it's ok, this coming month will be my second month trying it, i am gonna give it 2 more months to see how it does, they sent me stuff that was so where near what I put on my beauty preferences, something I would never use in a million years, the box is cute but it's just a cardboard box, I use it to store recipes in, not sure what I will do with the next ones. the website is also hard to track your order and the points you get for reviewing and stuff is used for their overpriced shop that I will probably never get anything from.
Jan a.
I do not recommend this subscription they send you an email showing you the products you will receive when the products arrive home they are little tiny things smaller than the free samples you will receive in the store. I call it false advertising. The money you pay for this subscription is better spend somewhere else. This boxes are not personalized, here is why: They don't give you options of the brands neither products you will like to try, in addition they force you to received hair products in every box, especially the dry shampoo How many dry shampoo can a girl try? I had the subscription for 3 months and I only receive 2 product that I liked. Here I add a picture of the last box I revived with only one product I liked. The box they show you in the videos is bigger than the one you revived at home plus most of the product I received where small and tiny that is hard to make up your mind in buying their products. here I add a soda can to show how tiny this samples are.
Theodora Y.
New Hyde Park, NY
I have been a member since July 2016, so about more than 1.5 years. For $10.89 a month the samples I have received are something to my interest which is reasonable for $10. If you are looking for a monthly subscription for just makeup only then this is definitely not for you. I would say Birchbox is meant for those whose focus is generally on skincare and hair that likes to dab on makeup from time to time. Their survey of what you're looking for is very straightforward in which I'm happy for most of the products I have received. It also helps to check what samples they are focusing on giving the next month because they give you the options to choose 1 of the 3 samples or a curated box of knowing exactly what you are getting. The products I've tried are some that I wouldn't go near because of price value but I was happy to try to know if it was worth it or not instead of buying it and regretting it. The makeup is so-so in which it's for people who go for a natural or simple day to day look.
Edgar G.
West Chicago, IL
If you are looking for full sized items, you are looking in the wrong place. Now, i will follow up with I LOVE THIS MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION!! Do not expect much from your first box. The first one is more of a HEY this is what to expect. Then after you complete your survey you get the good stuff. I am ALWAYS happy with my monthly goodies. Being a male it is hard for me to find the right products, so this allows me to try many without burning a hole in my pocket.
brenna f.
Cookeville
I have just recently started receiving Birchbox and so far i like it pretty good. They seem to be alil more skincare based which i sont care for, I'd prefer it have more makeup in it. Sometimes ill get mostly makeup and others mostly skincare so it just depends on the box and it gives alil bit of something for everyone. I dont think they pay to close of attention to the profiles that are made, ive received a few hair items for curly hair when ive put in that i have very straight hair. So far ill be keeping my subscription and ill give it a few more months to see if it gets better. To me its doing good if i like at least 2 or 3 items out of the 5 they send.
Bianca B.
Grand Rapids, MI
I cancelled ipsy a show I got it as a gift, and was interested in trying their biggest competitor, birchbox. I was really excited for my first box and filled out the beauty survey and waited. As soon a second the products were revealed I checked to see, and I was never so dissapointed in my entire life with a subscription box. In fact, I've never been upset with one. When I filled out the survey I noted that I didn't use hair products, perfume, or eyebrow products...and that's exactly what I got. I got a spray to make your hair shiny, a single scent "perfume", an eyebrow pencil, a moisturizer, and a sparkly cc cream. I have everything away except for the moisturizers. God, don't even get me started on their sizes. Pathetic. The biggest item I got was a 1.76 oz moisturizer, the rest were under an oz. The only reason I ended up looking forward to my box was the extra product I got for signing up, Which also dissapointed in size. If you are trying to decide between birchbox or ipsy, go ipsy. The sizes are so much better and you get a bag with each shipment for the same price (I like to donate them to homeless shelters). Overall dissapointed with birchbox.
April N.
This is definitely far from my favorite subscription. I bought this because they were having a sale where if you bought a box, you got a free one. I figured, why not, and went ahead and purchased it. When I got my boxes, I was less than thrilled. Upon opening, I found out that almost all of my products were the exact same in my box, all from brands that I had never heard of before. The only known brand that I had gotten in there was Estée Lauder and it was a FOIL PACKET of a lipstick. A foil packet, really? Now I have 2x the amount of products that I won’t be using and I wasted $10. Really disappointed in the selection of their products and the brands that they offer. If you like main steam brands or want to try products from brands that you know, I wouldn’t recommend this subscription box.
Kali G.
Salem, MA
I just switched from ipsy to Birchbox. Has anyone had both and which one did you prefer? Is there a better monthly subscription box around the same $10/month?
Asia W.
I subscribed to Birchbox for a couple years straight. I cancelled once the points system ended and the samples were getting smaller. What's your favorite subscription box?
Viola D.
HOLDEN, MA
I've been thinking about joining but is it worth it? I don't want to sign up and regret it
Rachael C.
Willis, TX
What is the thing about Birchbox that makes you choose them over other sub boxes?
Crystal R.
Immokalee, FL
So I am currently subscribed to ipsy and Sephora play ! And Ive been dying to try out the birchbox but I keep on receiving mixed reviews on it and I'm not to sure if I'm convinced on it. Can someone please give me their honest opinion on it? Is it worth my money? Or is there something better I haven't heard about that I should try?