BY BIOWARE

Bioware Mass Effect
  • "mass effect has made me laugh cry and made a lasting love for shepard the character interactions and the story line make you fall deeper in love with this great game" in 5 reviews
  • "Mass effect (the entire trilogy) is an amazing set of games, they are engaging and allow the plays decisions to affect gameplay, mechanics are great and the cast is nothing short of spectacular, each play through is unique to the player." in 1 review
  • "With great graphics and great game play." in 1 review
  • "This was such a great game!" in 1 review
Dani K.
Springfield, MO
Love this game!! I love how the story can go any different way depending on your actions, that gives it a great replay value. :) it was pretty affordable, I bought it used at gamestop. Definitely recommend.
Jen R.
Northfield, MN
Mass Effect started out really slow for me, but I began the game years after it came out. In fact, I got all three games at once. I slowly started to fall in love with Shepard, which was a little inconvenient because she was not my usual gender preference AND she was digital. Hawkward. After a significant time investment, though, I blew through the remainder of the game eager for it to both continue forever AND end. The dilemma is real for gamers.

Searching planets in the M35 MAKO was time consuming and annoying. I was very pleased when they changed that in future games.

However, overall, this game is incredibly immersive and amazing. The entire series blew me away. If you haven't played ME, you haven't PLAYED.
Jenna W.
Holts Summit, MO
I got my Xbox just so I could play this game and it was totally worth it. The plot was awesome. You have a lot of choices; whether they are good, bad, or neutral. I like the customization options for Shepard and the love interests (courting both can be funny). The Normandy is a beautiful ship along with the many worlds it takes you to. Let me just say that the ending was EPIC. It was one of those perfect moments like how you would feel if you completed your biggest challenge. There were a lot of spine tingling moments throughout this game. I highly recommend it. Great game!
Laura G.
If you haven't played this game, and it's sequels... DO IT! Customize your Shepard or use the default, play as male or female, explore your own unique storyline and romances. Every decision made will effect how your story ultimately ends in the final game. It's amazing and a great repeat play as you can change your style, training, and choices for nearly endless results.
Dina F.
Fantastic game and released shortly after Jade Empire. Mass Effect is a space adventure, it's an action RPG and 3rd person shooter. You do have to aim. The story line is epic and unfolds wonderfully, the characters are great and you feel for all of them. Thankfully in this game Shepard talks so you can flesh out your Shepard better than other games that don't give your character a voice.

Buy it today you won't regret it! And word on the street is you may need this game for ME4 so just play it!
Meredith S.
New Brighton, PA
The first installment in one of my favorite game sagas. The story draws you in and makes you really care for the characters in your party. I liked Urdnot Wrex so much that my son's middle name is Wrex. This was my favorite of the Mass Effect trilogy games. Gameplay is stiff by today's standards but the story makes up for it in so many ways.
Tori N.
Lynchburg, OH
Mass Effect was a well constructed and thought out game. It kept me interested throughout although at some points I did experience a small glitch, which is obvious to happen in most games. All in all the hype this game brought was delivered. Hours and hours of game playing, awesome scenes and entirely sick sound throughout.
Toni F.
Fem Shep all the way! I love this series, I've played each installment mulitple times and still go back for more. The storyline is by far the most intriguing I've encountered in a platform game. The characters are well developed if you take the time to get to know them all. Recommend to any gamer. I am not a FPS gamer but found firing in this series to be very forgiving so don't let that stop you from giving it a try!
Jena D.
Mass effect (the entire trilogy) is an amazing set of games, they are engaging and allow the plays decisions to affect gameplay, mechanics are great and the cast is nothing short of spectacular, each play through is unique to the player. This is truly a sci-fi gem that any gamer would fall in love with.
Dena T.
Lilburn, GA
There is SO much background story in this game! Explanations of racial histories including wars and interactions with other species, vehicle and weapons history and even the history of different planets and locations. Love the D&D feel, love the character interactions and the story line is fun.
Melissa   W.
Who is your favorite character?