BY BIOSSANCE

Which skin type is it good for? Normal Oily Combination Dry Sensitive A weightless gel moisturizer infused with squalane and probiotic technology to help restore a naturally healthy-looking and beautiful complexion. Solutions for:- Dryness- Redness- Dullness and uneven textureIf you want to know more… This 100 percent plant-derived moisturizer acts as a barrier, protecting skin from moisture loss. The probiotic technology helps to support the skin barrier and health of the skin to reduce the effects of daytime stressors. The complexion is left looking brighter and more balanced. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates- Phthalates This product is non-toxic, fragrance-free, mineral oil-free, dermatologist tested, noncomedogenic, and suitable for all skin types, including sensitive. Research results: In a clinical study with 33 women age 18-69, 28 days, using twice daily: After 3 days of use: - 73% of the subjects showed a 14% reduction in water loss, resulting in healthier skin barrier - 81% of the subjects showed a 6% decrease in redness After 28 days of use:- 94% of the subjects showed a decrease in redness and rosacea and an increase in radiance and even complexion After 3 days of use:- 81% of women say that skin is softer- 78% of women say that skin is healthier and more hydrated- 75% of women say that skin is smoother- 72% of women say that skin feels more balanced After 28 days of use:- 91% of women say that skin appears healthier- 89% of women say skin is softer- 85% of women say that skin appears dewy and more supple

Biossance Squalane + Probiotic Gel Moisturizer
  • "I love squalene moisturizers but especially this one. Hydrates my skin without making it oily. I definitely notice the moisturizing effects for at least 24 hours and sustained with long term use." in 6 reviews
Emma D.
Livingston
I love this moisturizer!!! I have so much trouble finding a moisturizer that isn't too heavy (my skin hates fatty alcohols and is generally extremely clog prone) and lighter gel formulas never do enough. I've recently been mixing in a few drops of the Jordan Samuel Skin Hydrate Serum or layering the two and my skin just looks and feels so much healthier. I had a few days between when I used up my sample and when I got my travel size and my skin was significantly more red, irritated, dehydrated (this was pre-Hydrate serum so I just had aloe and squalane oil to use) for the few days I didn't have it.
For people with sensitive, acneic combination or oily skin, I would say it's nearly perfect. It scores all 0s on CosDNA except for 1s on Squalane and Dimethicone, so those are the main things to consider. For dehydrated and/or combo skin I would recommend layering with a hydrating serum, and for dry skin, I think it would be an amazing moisturizer to add a few drops of oil to at night, and/or layered with a hydrating serum in the morning.
Other things to consider: doesn't smell strongly of anything, comes in a tub which makes me generally wary about cleanliness and the effectiveness of the probiotics, sinks in quickly and doesn't leave a tacky layer or anything
sonya n.
palmdale
love this product and what it does for my face. light weight and moisterizing
nice packaging
found them thru Sephora Play Biossance Squalane + Probiotic Gel Moisturizer ill be a repeat customer
gentle on my sensitive skin

Biossance Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL m in love with this oil! Totally woukd recommend this prodUct.
Aparna V.
cerritos
On the whole, after using this cream for the past 8 weeks, I would say it is a very pleasant moisturizer but I wouldn't repurchase for the price. I have to agree with the claims that this product has made my skin a little softer and glowy for a couple hours after application but that glow soon fades.  On the positive it never broke me out, but I don't think I ever experienced the positives of the probiotics in the gel as my acne stayed relatively the same in severity. I also don't think my skin was quenched as I would get just as oily each day. I'm not sure, I could be nitpicking here but 50+ dollars for a cream, I'm expecting a little more. I've experienced similar results with cheaper creams, like Vichy's Aqualia Thermal Riche.
Emily U.
When I hear the word probiotics, my mind conjures images of yogurt or supplements that support digestive function. In this moisturizer, probiotics also take on a protective function for your skin by supporting essential proteins and enzymes, improving the barrier function of the skin and to assist the renewal process of the outer layer of the skin which will promote brighter, youthful-looking skin. The moisturizing gel also has ingredients such as red seaweed and ginger extract that reduce redness and protect the skin from environmental stressors like UV damage and pollution. The Swiss Garden Cress Sprouts provide a brightening effect to the skin and help with fading dark spots, as well as evening skin tone. Very lightweight with a slight aquatic scent, this formulation immediately absorbs into the skin and it instantly feels soft to the touch. Though I am in the early stages of using this product and can not yet speak to long-time results, when I use this moisturizer, my skin feels more elastic and smooth. When I use this as my nighttime moisturizer, I wake up the next morning with calm, refreshed skin. Perfect as a stand alone for warmer weather, but in cooler weather I will need to put a heavier cream or oil on top of the gel to hydrate my skin further.
Vanessa C.
Irving, TX
When I first purchased this product, two weeks ago, I was very excited.  The rep at Sephora had told me that since I was 35, it would be my best option to try.  I had previously been using Murad moisturizer for the past 12 years.  —She said that this Biossance gel moisturizer would actually minimize my pores.  Now, I look very young for my age, have always taken excellent care of my skin, drink loads of water, etc... However, this product seems to have been making my skin very dry, and has made my pores look bigger (which, I guess bc it’s a natural exfoliate), and seems to be making my skin look a little stretched.  I’m sure, for certain skin types, it works nicely, however it has not been my favorite.  If anyone else seems to be experiencing the same issue, maybe if we switch over to a creamier face wash, that will balance it out.  It does make the skin feel smooth, however just seems a bit harsh at the same time.... Biossance Squalane + Probiotic Gel Moisturizer
Deborah T.
Toms River, NJ
If I could bathe in this is would try this out as your summer face cream a d you wont be disappointed. It is a little pricey but it will last a long time. The sample size jar will last a few weeks. When you put it on it feels like your skin drinks it in. Almost like a gel cream. Does not feel sticky or leave your face feeling tacky. Check their site for samples before you buy or Sephora.I am glad it came in a beauty box. Its now in my top 3.
Hayley C.
I received this product through allure beauty box and it’s been my go-to morning moisturizer before I apply makeup. The consistency reminds me of the Peter Thomas Roth water drench cloud cream. It’s very light so it absorbs into the skin easily but I probably wouldn’t solely rely on it for super dry/dehydrated skin or I would layer something on top. It’s pretty expensive though so I would definitely recommend getting a sample first.
Maggie R.
I  purchased the sample size for about $16 from Biossance in December. I was disappointed because I used it once on my forehead and my forehead dried out. I then researched probiotics in skincare to find out what was going on. Some people don't realized that probiotics in skincare act as exfoliants.

Pros: Contains squalane Nice packaging. Love the green glass. Good at exfoliating.

Cons: To harsh on my dry, sensitive skin

I still use this product, but only once per week because it is so drying. I only recommend this product to people with oily skin and I would advise using caution. Perhaps don't use it every day.  Maybe only use it twice a week.

This product should be advertised a an exfoliant, not a moisturizer.  Biossance Squalane + Probiotic Gel Moisturizer
Tricia S.
Lorain, OH
I use their oil and I fell in love with their products! They have made my dry skin feel so much better, look better and has not caused me any irritation or breakouts. I started to get low on my moisturizer and this is the one I've been waiting for. I tried it out at Sephora and it definitely lives up to the standards of their other products. Feels great going on, has a very clean smell- no perfumy smell. My skin felt so much softer once I put this on. Their products may be pricey, but they seem to last as I have not had to apply a lot of it to get the effect.
Ariel C.
Minneapolis, MN
I recently recieved this product as a sample from Biossance and it definitely met my expectations. Not only is this gel moisturizer very hydrating, it gives you a glow and it's not greasy. At first I was very skeptical because finding a moisturizer for my skin type is very difficult for me. I read so many reviews and what's different tutorials of people using this moisturizer and I was convinced. A little bit goes a long way, I've used this for 4 days straight and still have product in the sample container. My skin has been less dry, more hydrated and supple. I am definitely buying this in full size and I recommend it for all skin types because it actually is good for all skin types. I'm proud to say I finally found a moisturizer that works for me.
Janine F.
Garden City, KS
Is this good on dry skin?
Brandi C.
Las Vegas, NV
Where can you buy this moisturizer?
faiza k.
Is it good for combination skin?
Alicia M.
Columbia , MO
Anyone have any experience using this product?
Marie B.
How well does this product work?