- "Great game, intense atmosphere, gripping story line, great environment, battles are incredible, and combat is fluid and fun." in 93 reviews
- "A fun first person shooter within the city of Rapture an eerie underwater distopia full of dangerous junkies and other enemies." in 31 reviews
- "With such a twisted but incredible story behind the whole concept the game takes you into a world like any other and will forever be one of my favorite games to play!" in 27 reviews
- "Honestly this is one of the best games I've ever played because the story was so original and captivating and the concept of this game is really something, although I do have to say the gun play on this one is a little bit average nothing to exciting but it's still a ton of fun!" in 24 reviews
- "This is the only game I have ever played again after completing it the first time, the storyline, graphics and scare factor are amazing, set in a underwater city in the 50's it has you dodging bullets from scary big daddy's from the start to the end!" in 21 reviews
The enemies are very well thought out, and scared and intrigued me to play the game more..I mean, they're not horribly mutated or other worldly monsters, but they're people..people who have gone insane from various circumstances, and with the vast powers down below and nothing to stop them..well, they got to do whatever they want, and that includes butchering people, climbing on ceilings, thinking a gun is your baby, setting people on fire, and so much more..
The overall storyline in itself is also amazing. You had escaped this world once before, but you were brought back in..thrust back into the undersea hell where no one could save you but yourself. There's a few down there who will actually help you out, but most are just completely out for themselves, while you're out to save others, such as the little sisters. You're a true hero, one who has to get his hands dirty and fight against your will..But in the end, you can save the world and spare innocent lives...
or go completely power hungry and unleash hell onto earth from the depths of the sea. Maybe you decide not to be that hero, and instead a villan.
On a final note, the most iconic enemy in the game, the big daddy, is actually quite terrifying. At first he looks like just a normal scuba diver with a drill..that's kinda creepy, but when you actually fight one..oh man, he takes a whole new level on adrenaline rushes. You do not want to scare his little sister..he WILL slaughter you horribly for it. And his back story makes him..well, much more interesting.
All in all, I'd total recommend playing this game, AND it's sequel. They're great games with good length, and good replay value to get both of the endings. Playing them more than once doesn't get boring.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos