BY BIORÉ #72 in Face Sunscreen

Biore SARASARA UV Aqua Rich Waterly Essence Sunscreen 50g SPF50+ PA+++ for Face and Body.SPF50+ PA+++ sunscreen for face and body.It is Water-base Wash off with regular cleanser.Fresh fruit aroma see more...

• Has anyone been irritated by the alcohol in this?Biore UV Aqua Ri...1 Answers
  • Has anyone used this? Does it leave your skin looking greasy?3 Answers
  • Does it leave a white cast or an oily residue?2 Answers
Buy on Amazon
Samantha F.
Saint Thomas, PA
This sunscreen is an absolute holy grail for me! With a lot of other brands, the sunscreen leaves a gross "tacky" that takes a long time to go away (if it ever does). As a result, I hated putting on sunscreen for the longest time despite knowing that's it's a vital part of maintaining healthy skin.

This sunscreen however, makes me love putting sunscreen on! It really feels like I'm just applying a thin moisturizer. It soaks in quickly and leaves my skin feeling refreshed on top of the other steps in my skin care routine. My skin is combination - mostly dry with oily patches - and this stuff feels great on the dry parts without making the oily areas feel, well, oily.

I highly recommend this sunscreen to anyone who cares about their skin's health, rather they like putting sunscreen on or not. Obviously I can't 100% guarantee that it will match your skin as perfectly as it does mine, but I hope you'll at least give it a chance. At this time, I can't imagine using any other sunscreen regularly. I do still like to test other products out of curiosity, but so far nothing has stacked up to Bioré's AQUA Rich Watery Essence sunscreen.
Courtney W.
Austin, TX
Review for: Other more...
This is my holy grail sunscreen. I've been using it for a few years now and I love it. It dries quickly and does not leave a white cast. It also isn't sticky like other sunscreens. Once it dries, I don't feel it on my face at all. It dries matte for me, so you don't notice it once it is on. I've also never had a problem wearing it under makeup, including primers and other face products. It also plays nicely with any other moisturizers I might use.

I have dry, sensitive skin and I'm also sensitive to fragrances, but this sunscreen has never given me any issues. I've never had a negative reaction to it or experienced a break out from using it. It has a light citrus fragrance, which is nice, but it doesn't linger throughout the day and fades rather quickly. (I consider that to be a good thing, as fragrance in face products usually aggravates my allergies and gives me a headache.)

I do wear a much heavier sunscreen on my face if I expect to be outside for any extended period of time, but this sunscreen works great for regular, daily use.
Jeannine C.
Ithaca, NY
Review for: Smooth Gel Spf 50 90Ml 2015 New Version more...
The Biore Watery Gel of the only daily sunblock I have tried so far that hasn't made me break out. This works well under make up and is great if I am mostly going to be in my office at be just want protection for sorry this. My understanding is that it isn't meant to be when for extended periods of outdoor time, which isn't ideal for me since I work on a college campus and walk between different areas of campus for meetings. I still use it, and add a sun hat in summer. I am really turn on this project, since it seems to work and doesn't break me out, but is also quite perfumed and can be drying. I use motorizer underneath and a hydrating primer out tinted modifier over top and it's mostly fine. I will probably buy this again, but also explore other options.
Alexandra P.
I love this stuff. Love it. It is affordable and weightless with no oily feeling. Best of all it does not have that sunscreen scent so prevalent in western sunscreens. Instead, it has a slight citrus scent. I have dry skin and it doesn't dry me out at all, I also think an oily skinned person could use this. Some people are worried about the alcohol in this... Don't worry about that!

Unfortunately, Japan has changed their laws on the export of sunscreen products. So I no longer feel comfortable buying this because I know someone somewhere on the supply chain would have had to break Japanese law. I wish this wasn't the case!
Prudence L.
This is a great one! It has a light watery gel-like texture that does not require rubbing to absorb into the skin. It dries almost instantly and does not leave a white cast and has a high SPF/broad spectrum protection. It’s not greasy and does not clog the pores; it does not feel as if you have anything on. It’s a great daily SPF to wear alone or under makeup. It’s not a moisturizing SPF and does have some alcohol so those with very dry skin may not prefer it during winter months. I have dry skin and found that it was fine for my skin, especially layered with my daily moisturizer.
Stephanie W.
Flushing, NY
My friend had asked me to buy this sunscreen for her when i was in japan. I asked her what was so special about it and she said that she saw online that a lot of bloggers swear by this product and wanted to try. So that made me want to try. I dont like applying sunscreen bc it always had that sticky feeling but this sunscreen was so watery it felt like i was applying on lotion. It also didnt weigh down my face which was awesome! It is definitely way overpriced in the states to buy this, so id you ever in japan be sure to by yourself one.
Hannah B.
Brooklyn, NY
BEST SUNSCREEN EVER. I’ve been using the 2015 formulation, which comes in the light blue tube pictures. It applies like a dream — so light and fast-absorbing, with the faintest citrus scent that dissipates quickly. Very good for applying makeup on top. Yes, there is a faint alcohol smell because that’s what helps it evaporate so quickly. Also note that it’s not waterproof, so this is a good day-use sunscreen for office workers and such, not so much for outdoorsy types.
allie B.
State College, PA
I wish I could give this 100 stars. This is my holy grail sunscreen! Lots of Western sunscreens were too heavy on me: white cast, sunscreen smell, greasy feeling, broke me out, so on and so forth. But not this one—it’s lightweight, smells nice, and dries down matte. No goopy greasy feeling and definitely no flashback messing up my makeup! I will forever repurchase this sunscreen. It’s a must-have.
Simply S.
I love this because it goes on slightly cloudy but doesn’t take much effort to blend into your skin and make it clear. I am ordering my second tube but I wish that I could find another sunscreen that is matte so that it can help with my oily skin. You can really smell the alcohol in here but overall, I’m going to be sticking to this sunscreen until I find a better one for my oily skin.
Hannah G.
Orwigsburg , PA
this product goes on smoothly and easily, it’s not very thick and not noticeable at all once it’s put on. it doesn’t feel heavy like a lot of sunscreens do and it doesn’t smell like normal sunscreen. it also doesn’t leave a white shadow like a lot of sunscreens do. you don’t need to use a lot to cover the face and i will definitely sontinue using this product.
Elizabeth B.
Boardman, OH
Where can I buy this in the US?
Rachel W.
Has anyone used this? Does it leave your skin looking greasy?
Justine H.
Would this product be good for dry acne prone skin?
Iris C.
Silver Spring, MD
What's the finish of this sunscreen?
Oumaima B.
Does it leave a white cast or an oily residue?