BY BIORÉ #7 in Facial Sunscreen

New Improved Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Gel SPF 50+ PA++++ gives you longer lasting UV protection with its new waterproof and sweatproof formula! It has strong resistance against water and perspiration and high staying power on skin with UV veil. It also contains Hyaluronic Acid, Royal Jelly Extract & Citrus extract to keep skin hydrated and can be used as a makeup base. Light, watery texture that is easily absorbed and does not leave any sticky after feel. For face only.

• Gentle and allergy tested

• Is that good for oily+acne prone skin?1 Answers
  • Does this sunscreen have zinc or titanium dioxide as an a...2 Answers
  • Will this break me out? I have dry/combination skin that ...6 Answers
Bioré UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence SPF 50+ PA++++
  • "I have sensitive skin and can't use chemical sunscreens. I love this one, it doesn't irritate my skin, doesn't leave a white cast or have a sticky feeling. Just perfect! " in 19 reviews
  • "The BEST sunscreen ever. this is my HG sunscreen. it is a chemical sunscreen so that may turn some people off. this stuff does not make your skin more oily throughout the day and it does not leave your skin feeling dry either. it has hydrating and moisturizing agents and leaves your skin feeling baby soft. it also doesn't give you any flashback with flash photography. it has a light citrusy scent and wears extremely well underneath makeup. " in 11 reviews
  • "This is it, my HG sunscreen at last! I have naturally, very fair, sensitive, combination (but mostly dry) somewhat acne prone skin. To boot, several of my key issues include hyper-pigmentation, and aging prevention. So to find a sunscreen that not only: - protects effectively (gotta have that ++++!) against uva and uvb rays, in addition to: - not leaving a whitish cast, - nor leaving my face a grease trap with dry, flaky patches 😝 - makeup applies smoothly over it (hate when they ball up, ick!), - and it even feels good, as in, you can't feel it once it's been applied! But you know, still check ingredients for your sensitivities. Also, different skin types may = different results. Regardless, this stuff is miles away from any sunscreen I've purchased in the US. It doesn't clog my pores, but I'm careful to double cleanse for complete removal before bed. Oh also, very economically priced! 🤗" in 6 reviews
vivian t.
This stuff right here is AMAZING. I have repurchased this twice already. This will make you ditch american sunscreen forever. To start off it is super light weight and not greasy like American sunscreens. It also has ALOT MORE protection from the sun than all the american sunscreens. To continue this product dosent have a heavy smell that clings onto you the whole day. However it does have a citrusy scent that goes away after applying. After dabbing into the skin you forget that its there because it feels like nothing. THE PRICE IS TOTALLY WORTH IT. BUT if youre looking for a face AND body suncreen i sadly wouldn’t recommend this brcause the size of the bottle is only just the perfect amount for a fave sunscreen rather than the whole body.
Prisci C.
I really enjoy using this sunscreen when my skin is oilier and during the summer months. It’s lightweight, fast drying and doesn’t really smell like anything. It offers great UVA and UVB protection.

It can be somewhat drying for me, especially in the winter, so those with dry skin should beware, this is probably not the sunscreen for you. The formula contains alcohol pretty high up on the list of ingredients and there’s a faint alcohol smell which can also be a deal breaker for some.

Even though this product is from Japan it is extremely affordable, even when ordering from online stores and paying shipping.

I recommend this product for oily or combo skin.
Amanda J.
San Diego, CA
There is no comparison when looking at Asian brand sunscreens vs. Western brand sunscreens. Asian sunscreen is far, far superior- in scent, texture, and strength. I struggled to find a facial sunscreen for months, but I either had irritation to the products or hated how they sat on my face, to the point that I kinda gave up. Biore is actually not my favorite in terms of texture (its very gel-like in consistency and dries quickly but it just isn’t my holy grail COSRX). I do have a bottle I have been trying to use up because I don’t want it to go to waste. Regardless of my opinions on this specific sunscreen it is miles beyond everything else I had tried- Neutrogena, Cerave, Clinique, drunk elephant (to name a few). It is excellent! I highly recommend.
Leah B.
I never really liked applying facial sunscreen and prefer base makeup with spf, but after seeing the BIORE UV AQUA RICH WATERY ESSENCE SPF 50 PA++++ all over Instagram, I decided to give it a try. Oh me, oh my... I have found my HG facial sunscreen! This sunscreen protects the skin from UVA/UVB rays. Upon application, this dries down quickly, doesn't leave a white cast, doesn't make me greasy, and the best part is that it doesn't break me out.
Suki I.
New York
I don't understand how Japanese sunscreen can be so good and the formula hasn't been replicated here in the states.  This gel formula is not sticky, does not leave a white cast, doesn't have that sunscreen smell and in fact has a fresh slight citrusy scent, and sinks into skin so well so that makeup applies on top of it beautifully.  Everyone should be wearing SPF on the daily, and for anyone who complains about how SPF feels on their face, they need to try this stuff.  I used to have to have my mom send me this from Japan, but I can get it on Amazon now which is an added bonus.
Victoria X.
Facial sunscreen has always been hit or miss with me due to my skin's penchant for breaking out and being an oily mess. I bought a pack of 3 of these babies off Amazon after being a longtime lurker on r/skincareaddiction and seeing this product pop up time and time again. Well the reviews weren't lying. This stuff is lightweight and potent! No greasy feeling at all and I haven't had any breakouts. I can tell it gets the job done as I've used it before heading to the beach and have come home with a face slightly paler than the rest of my appendages (no complaints there since hopefully this equates to wrinkle-free skin as I age). I'll definitely be using this product for a long time! :)
Linda W.
Purchased at: Amazon
Great sunscreen for wearing underneath a face full of makeup or on non makeup days.
A little goes a long way.
Shake well before use, it tends to separate a little.
Catie T.
Los Angeles
This is a Japanese cult favorite for a reason. It’s the only sunscreen I swear by and use on a daily basis. It comes in a two pack for $24 (~$12 each), so a decently good value and lasts for a few months. I squeeze a penny sized amount and add to my daily moisturizer every morning. The consistency more watery, hence the name, and less creamy like the typical sunscreens sold here in America. It goes on smoothly, dries quickly, and doesn’t leave a greasy feeling. This is the best! I tell everyone about it!
Jolene J.
I used this sunscreen this past summer and enjoyed the light and watery consistency. It did not break my skin out and carried minimal scent. It was light enough to use beneath makeup. However, I find that my skin gets oily faster when I use it- either alone or with makeup. This is my only complaint. I will likely try out other sunscreens on the market knowing that I can always return and depend on this product to do its basic job of protecting my skin against the sun without breaking me out.
Jenn T.
Seattle
Purchased at: Amazon
The best facial sunscreen!! It has the highest widely available sunscreen rating, where it's rated to protect against both UVA & UVB rays. Most US brands are only SPF rated, which means they're only guaranteed to protect against UVB.

It has an amazing smell, and a creme/gel like texture that goes smoothly onto skin. Not only is this a super strong sunscreen, but it's hydrating! It feels cool and refreshing to put on. It gets absorbed quickly in my experience and there's no white cast at all.

Highly recommend and I can't imagine ordering a different sunscreen.
Meredith B.
Jacksonville, NC
Does this sunscreen have zinc or titanium dioxide as an active ingredient? My husband was told he needs to have at least one of those ingredients for his sunscreen.
Jea W.
I love this product because it’s light on the skin, doesn’t leave a white cast or any residue, and is relatively inexpensive especially if you buy it in bulk. However, the chemical ingredients have come to my attention and was wondering if anyone has found a more natural ingredient sunscreen just as good as this one
anna s.
Formosa, Goiás, Brazil.
Sumaiya A.
does biore sunscreen oxidize?