BY BIORÉ #68 in Facial Sunscreen

New Improved Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Gel SPF 50+ PA++++ gives you longer lasting UV protection with its new waterproof and sweatproof formula! It has strong resistance against water and perspiration and high staying power on skin with UV veil. It also contains Hyaluronic Acid, Royal Jelly Extract & Citrus extract to keep skin hydrated and can be used as a makeup base. Light, watery texture that is easily absorbed and does not leave any sticky after feel. For face only.

• Gentle and allergy tested

• Does this sunscreen have zinc or titanium dioxide as an a...1 Answers
  • Will this break me out? I have dry/combination skin that ...6 Answers
Bioré UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence SPF 50+ PA++++
  • "I have sensitive skin and can't use chemical sunscreens. I love this one, it doesn't irritate my skin, doesn't leave a white cast or have a sticky feeling. Just perfect! " in 19 reviews
  • "The BEST sunscreen ever. this is my HG sunscreen. it is a chemical sunscreen so that may turn some people off. this stuff does not make your skin more oily throughout the day and it does not leave your skin feeling dry either. it has hydrating and moisturizing agents and leaves your skin feeling baby soft. it also doesn't give you any flashback with flash photography. it has a light citrusy scent and wears extremely well underneath makeup. " in 11 reviews
  • "This is it, my HG sunscreen at last! I have naturally, very fair, sensitive, combination (but mostly dry) somewhat acne prone skin. To boot, several of my key issues include hyper-pigmentation, and aging prevention. So to find a sunscreen that not only: - protects effectively (gotta have that ++++!) against uva and uvb rays, in addition to: - not leaving a whitish cast, - nor leaving my face a grease trap with dry, flaky patches 😝 - makeup applies smoothly over it (hate when they ball up, ick!), - and it even feels good, as in, you can't feel it once it's been applied! But you know, still check ingredients for your sensitivities. Also, different skin types may = different results. Regardless, this stuff is miles away from any sunscreen I've purchased in the US. It doesn't clog my pores, but I'm careful to double cleanse for complete removal before bed. Oh also, very economically priced! 🤗" in 6 reviews
Virginie L.
Brooklyn, NY
I've never used this until I went to Japan and brought one. It was fairly cheap there and I needed sunscreen. But of course I did look up which sunscreen in Japan was considered good - this was one of them. It was around 6-7 dollars in Japan and I got myself one since I wasn't sure how it would react to my skin especially my face since some products can leave my skin dry and patchy (hate that).
To my surprise when I first used it. It was very light and watery ish, not in a bad way. I was able to easily mix it with my BB cream and apply it onto my face. It made my face look more hydrated as well. I didn't have to use a lot of it. It was good all day and didn't leave my skin oily by the end of the day. I've been using It for about three weeks now and love it. I really wished I brought more and is already worrying about what if I ran out....
vivian t.
This stuff right here is AMAZING. I have repurchased this twice already. This will make you ditch american sunscreen forever. To start off it is super light weight and not greasy like American sunscreens. It also has ALOT MORE protection from the sun than all the american sunscreens. To continue this product dosent have a heavy smell that clings onto you the whole day. However it does have a citrusy scent that goes away after applying. After dabbing into the skin you forget that its there because it feels like nothing. THE PRICE IS TOTALLY WORTH IT. BUT if youre looking for a face AND body suncreen i sadly wouldn’t recommend this brcause the size of the bottle is only just the perfect amount for a fave sunscreen rather than the whole body.
Suki I.
New York
I don't understand how Japanese sunscreen can be so good and the formula hasn't been replicated here in the states.  This gel formula is not sticky, does not leave a white cast, doesn't have that sunscreen smell and in fact has a fresh slight citrusy scent, and sinks into skin so well so that makeup applies on top of it beautifully.  Everyone should be wearing SPF on the daily, and for anyone who complains about how SPF feels on their face, they need to try this stuff.  I used to have to have my mom send me this from Japan, but I can get it on Amazon now which is an added bonus.
Victoria X.
Facial sunscreen has always been hit or miss with me due to my skin's penchant for breaking out and being an oily mess. I bought a pack of 3 of these babies off Amazon after being a longtime lurker on r/skincareaddiction and seeing this product pop up time and time again. Well the reviews weren't lying. This stuff is lightweight and potent! No greasy feeling at all and I haven't had any breakouts. I can tell it gets the job done as I've used it before heading to the beach and have come home with a face slightly paler than the rest of my appendages (no complaints there since hopefully this equates to wrinkle-free skin as I age). I'll definitely be using this product for a long time! :)
saturn r.
I've spent so much time trying out sunscreens that I just couldn't use because they were too greasy, heavy, sticky, whatever. This sunscreen is a dream come true for me! It's really lightweight and absorbs well too. It comes out as a cream but when you rub it in it takes on a watery texture. It has hydrating ingredients which are great for my dehydrated skin, and it doesn't make me oily at all.

This product was really hard to find online. none of the Amazon pages worked but I found it on YesStyle for about 30 dollars, although I spent 13.

Another thing to mention is the alcohol. It's second on the ingredient list. It's a common thing in Japanese sunscreens and that's what makes them different from American ones. It's why their formulas are so light and non-greasy, and alcohol can actually help products absorb better and is safe if it's formulated properly.
KayLeigh L.
Bioré UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence SPF 50+ PA++++ *HELLO IF YOU HAVE DRY SKIN PSA* I’ve been in Florida for the past week on vacation and I am 1. VERY fair skinned and 2. VERY dry skinned. As usual, I spend most of my vacation outside in the pool and at the beach- in the sun. I take my skincare very seriously and this product is not only an amazing facial SPF but it is so hydrating! My skin feels amazing. This is a Korean beauty, essence. I am truly thankful for this product and it has moved its way to my “staples” section of my vanity. (My sister who has oily skin gave it to me because she hated it so if you are prone to oil, I wouldn’t recommend)
Rachel G.
San Jose, CA
I really love this sunscreen. It goes on clear and dries fast. It DOES have alcohol high in the ingredients so if you have dry skin or are sensitive to that this might not work for you. I have oily skin and it’s never affected me. I just put it on on top of my moisturizer and it feels great. The only issue is finding it available stateside. I know some people buy it off of amazon but I’m too worried about fakes to do that so I just have my husband stock up on it when he’s in Japan.
Rida H.
Hattiesburg, MS
The first sunscreen I ever used that I actually WANTED to use. Perfectly light texture. No white cast. Sits alright under makeup. Only problem is that you don't get much for the price. And sunscreen HAS to be used literally so if you're a college student like me I don't think this is the ideal choice... But it feels so good tho 😭😂 also, has a VERY strong alcohol smell. I don't really mind that but I know that won't sit well on people with sensitive skin.
Emily R.
Pompano Beach, FL
Why don't they sell this in the States?! I live in South Florida and am fair skinned. I've been lax on sunscreen on my face because I hate the sensation of many of the products available in the U.S. Now I don't have to risk burning up! This product is so lightweight its not even noticeable within a minute of applying. There's minimal scent, no white cast, and effective. I purchased my tube from eBay for $9.50.
lauren M.
Blacksburg
I've never been impressed by a sunscreen, until I brought this Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence.  First off, I have a medium complexion. No whitecast!  Yay.  I read some reviews and others with darker complexions had no problems, I figured I'd be safe.  It has a very light, almost citrusy smell.  The scent faded quickly.  It left my skin feeling moisturized and not oily, tight, sticky or weird.  I wish I could just go to the pharmacy and buy this, but I had to buy it on Amazon because it isn't sold in the US.    It wasn't terribly expensive, which is good. The only downside was it took a month to get it to me. I might need to find another route or order in bulk.  I'm not sure yet how long a bottle will last, but I do plan to repurchase this sunscreen.
Sandra K.
Will this break me out? I have dry/combination skin that is sensitive.
Meredith B.
Jacksonville, NC
Does this sunscreen have zinc or titanium dioxide as an active ingredient? My husband was told he needs to have at least one of those ingredients for his sunscreen.