BY BIORÉ #62 in Facial Sunscreen

New Improved Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Gel SPF 50+ PA++++ gives you longer lasting UV protection with its new waterproof and sweatproof formula! It has strong resistance against water and perspiration and high staying power on skin with UV veil. It also contains Hyaluronic Acid, Royal Jelly Extract & Citrus extract to keep skin hydrated and can be used as a makeup base. Light, watery texture that is easily absorbed and does not leave any sticky after feel. For face only.

• Gentle and allergy tested

• Does this sunscreen have zinc or titanium dioxide as an a...1 Answers
  • Will this break me out? I have dry/combination skin that ...5 Answers
Bioré UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence SPF 50+ PA++++
  • "I have sensitive skin and can't use chemical sunscreens. I love this one, it doesn't irritate my skin, doesn't leave a white cast or have a sticky feeling. Just perfect! " in 19 reviews
  • "The BEST sunscreen ever. this is my HG sunscreen. it is a chemical sunscreen so that may turn some people off. this stuff does not make your skin more oily throughout the day and it does not leave your skin feeling dry either. it has hydrating and moisturizing agents and leaves your skin feeling baby soft. it also doesn't give you any flashback with flash photography. it has a light citrusy scent and wears extremely well underneath makeup. " in 11 reviews
  • "This is it, my HG sunscreen at last! I have naturally, very fair, sensitive, combination (but mostly dry) somewhat acne prone skin. To boot, several of my key issues include hyper-pigmentation, and aging prevention. So to find a sunscreen that not only: - protects effectively (gotta have that ++++!) against uva and uvb rays, in addition to: - not leaving a whitish cast, - nor leaving my face a grease trap with dry, flaky patches 😝 - makeup applies smoothly over it (hate when they ball up, ick!), - and it even feels good, as in, you can't feel it once it's been applied! But you know, still check ingredients for your sensitivities. Also, different skin types may = different results. Regardless, this stuff is miles away from any sunscreen I've purchased in the US. It doesn't clog my pores, but I'm careful to double cleanse for complete removal before bed. Oh also, very economically priced! 🤗" in 6 reviews
Virginie L.
Brooklyn, NY
I've never used this until I went to Japan and brought one. It was fairly cheap there and I needed sunscreen. But of course I did look up which sunscreen in Japan was considered good - this was one of them. It was around 6-7 dollars in Japan and I got myself one since I wasn't sure how it would react to my skin especially my face since some products can leave my skin dry and patchy (hate that).
To my surprise when I first used it. It was very light and watery ish, not in a bad way. I was able to easily mix it with my BB cream and apply it onto my face. It made my face look more hydrated as well. I didn't have to use a lot of it. It was good all day and didn't leave my skin oily by the end of the day. I've been using It for about three weeks now and love it. I really wished I brought more and is already worrying about what if I ran out....
lauren M.
Blacksburg
I've never been impressed by a sunscreen, until I brought this Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence.  First off, I have a medium complexion. No whitecast!  Yay.  I read some reviews and others with darker complexions had no problems, I figured I'd be safe.  It has a very light, almost citrusy smell.  The scent faded quickly.  It left my skin feeling moisturized and not oily, tight, sticky or weird.  I wish I could just go to the pharmacy and buy this, but I had to buy it on Amazon because it isn't sold in the US.    It wasn't terribly expensive, which is good. The only downside was it took a month to get it to me. I might need to find another route or order in bulk.  I'm not sure yet how long a bottle will last, but I do plan to repurchase this sunscreen.
Tiana C.
Lawrence, KS
This is my absolute favorite sunscreen and best one I’ve ever used! I have sensitive, acne-prone skin, so it was hard finding a sunblock that wouldn’t break me out until this one!

The packaging and bottle are nice and travel-size friendly. The scent of the sunblock is great and doesn’t have that standard sunblock scent, so it isn’t too strong. The texture is smooth and creamy, and also doesn’t feel like standard sunblock, and absorbs right into the skin leaving a matte, no gloss look (which is great for my combo skin when it gets oily). I’ve even used it as a primer for my makeup and it’s great! I’m definitely purchasing more in the future!

Skin info: Asian, tan/olive complexion, combination skin type, sensitive acne-prone skin, and post-inflammation hyper pigmentation
Prisci C.
I really enjoy using this sunscreen when my skin is oilier and during the summer months. It’s lightweight, fast drying and doesn’t really smell like anything. It offers great UVA and UVB protection.

It can be somewhat drying for me, especially in the winter, so those with dry skin should beware, this is probably not the sunscreen for you. The formula contains alcohol pretty high up on the list of ingredients and there’s a faint alcohol smell which can also be a deal breaker for some.

Even though this product is from Japan it is extremely affordable, even when ordering from online stores and paying shipping.

I recommend this product for oily or combo skin.
Rachel G.
San Jose, CA
I really love this sunscreen. It goes on clear and dries fast. It DOES have alcohol high in the ingredients so if you have dry skin or are sensitive to that this might not work for you. I have oily skin and it’s never affected me. I just put it on on top of my moisturizer and it feels great. The only issue is finding it available stateside. I know some people buy it off of amazon but I’m too worried about fakes to do that so I just have my husband stock up on it when he’s in Japan.
Rida H.
Hattiesburg, MS
The first sunscreen I ever used that I actually WANTED to use. Perfectly light texture. No white cast. Sits alright under makeup. Only problem is that you don't get much for the price. And sunscreen HAS to be used literally so if you're a college student like me I don't think this is the ideal choice... But it feels so good tho 😭😂 also, has a VERY strong alcohol smell. I don't really mind that but I know that won't sit well on people with sensitive skin.
Helen J.
Chestnut Hill, MA
Can I rate this even higher than 5 stars?! This sunscreen is a game changer! I've always struggled with finding the right daily sunscreen that doesn't clog my pores, feel greasy, smell awful or ruin my makeup. This Bioré sunscreen is unlike any other I've tried! Lightweight with a gel-cream texture that glides onto skin and is completely transparent. Smells faintly like lemons (yum!). Works well with makeup! Not at all greasy! Love this!
Amanda J.
San Diego , CA
There is no comparison when looking at Asian brand sunscreens vs. Western brand sunscreens. Asian sunscreen is far, far superior- in scent, texture, and strength. I struggled to find a facial sunscreen for months, but I either had irritation to the products or hated how they sat on my face, to the point that I kinda gave up. Biore is actually not my favorite in terms of texture (its very gel-like in consistency and dries quickly but it just isn’t my holy grail COSRX). I do have a bottle I have been trying to use up because I don’t want it to go to waste. Regardless of my opinions on this specific sunscreen it is miles beyond everything else I had tried- Neutrogena, Cerave, Clinique, drunk elephant (to name a few). It is excellent! I highly recommend.
Allie O.
I never had the opportunity to try the old formulation of this product, but I do think its a good sunscreen. I switched over from western sunscreens to korean because the western ones would irritate my skin. This sunscreen does not feel like its burning my skin while applying and i can see what a difference it has made.
Janet L.
New York
So lightweight and smell are pretty good too, kind of citrusy. Although this product does says it has a high amount of alcohol it doesn't bother my sensitive skin at all. I've used the Aveeno's daily SPF 15 sunscreen and it broke me out and turn my skin red and dotted. This sunscreen is really watery and feels great on the skin, not oily at all. Also great as a moisturizer, it also kind of brightens your face when applied. There is not much product and is kind of expensive but totally worth it if you hate western sunscreens. This sunscreen also is SPF50+/PA++++, which is crazy but awesome at the same time.
Sandra K.
Will this break me out? I have dry/combination skin that is sensitive.
Meredith B.
Jacksonville, NC
Does this sunscreen have zinc or titanium dioxide as an active ingredient? My husband was told he needs to have at least one of those ingredients for his sunscreen.