Bioré Self Heating One Minute MaskInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2015

BY BIORÉ #47 in Face Masks

Melt away the stress. Melt away the dirt and oil. Infused with natural charcoal, this thermal mask opens pores and draws out dirt. It finishes with a cooling sensation for tingly-smooth skin in just one minute. Mix this charcoal face mask with water to increase heating action by 2x. Talk about turning up the heat.

• Oil-Free
  • Dermatologist Tested

How to Use:

Before using, please read cautions and usage instructions. For best results, use on clean face.

• Wet Face. Leave face wet – the Bioré® Self Heating One Minute Mask is activated by water.
  • Apply Mask. Dry hands, open single-use packette, dispense contents into hand and apply mask to face. You may add a little water to your fingers to help spread the mask and activate warming.
  • Massage for about 1 minute. As you massage, the mask will heat up. For more heating action or for your preferred consistency, massage in a little water. The mask does not dry/harden.
  • Rinse. After one minute has passed, thoroughly rinse with water to remove the mask

Cautions:

Recommended Usage: May use up to 2-3 times/week.

How it Works:

Heats on contact with water to open pores and draw out pore-clogging dirt and oil, then cools leaving skin tingly smooth and refreshed.

Butylene Glycol, Zeolite, Kaolin, Peg-8, Methyl Gluceth-20, Cellulose, Talc, Fragrance, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Charcoal Powder, Dimethicone, Hydroxypropylcellulose, Menthol, Disodium Edta, Bht.

Bioré Self Heating One Minute Mask
  • "You have to try this. Forget all the magic properties of charcoal, the mere feeling of this clay mask is enough of a treat. From the first moment you rub this beauty on your skin, it heats up to a delicious warmth that seeps deep within your pores. It feels like nothing else I have tried. A true one of a kind. It comes on slightly sticky, creamy and a rich, navy blue. However as sticky as it puts on, it surprisingly washes off easily which is a good sign of being efficiently water-soluble. Prepare to feel relaxed, rejuvenated, like you have soaked in a peppermint bath for an hour. Although I am sceptical as to the claims of dissolving 2.5 times more dirt, oil and surface toxins, it certainly improves your skin with long term effects. Don’t be disappointed after the immediate effect of one minute as it draws out impurities and is used as a magnet to open pores it appears after use that skin is a bit yucky, tired and red. Don’t fret! After a few minutes skin will settle and after a good nights sleep you will wake up to a fresher, clearer, matter skin that isn’t dry or pasty. The packaging is frankly a disappointment, however for the price it is reasonable. It comes in individual sachets which each contains one use. I find the sachet system wasteful and difficult to extract easily to put onto skin. A tube or pump would be more eco-friendly and easier to use. The price is unbelievable for the product, so there is really no excuse not to try this lovely, original mask, even if just to give it a go for the novelty. As the mask only goes on for one minute, it does not really qualify as a mask because the charcoal properties do not really have enough time to work their magic and properly draw out impurities and absorb oil like a 15 minute mask. However I do not advise to leave it on for more than 1 minute as it will dry out your skin and possibly irritate it. Thin of this as a cleanser part 2 of your skin care regimen weekly. It merely acts as a deep clean system rather than a mask. If you’re looking for a product to efficiently maintain eliminating toxins and impurities I would recommend pairing this will a clay 15 minute mask and a good AHA or BHA exfoliant with a gentle water-soluble cleanser and moisturizer paired to your skin type. One disappointment with this product is the menthol and fragrance. But what is wrong with fragrance you ask? It is a skin-irritant and even if you don’t think you have sensitive skin, all skin should be treated gently as rashes and flaring is not the only reaction of irritation. Skin irritation from fragrances can contribute to ageing, drying of skin, acne and skin imbalance. Although it smells delightfully fresh and pepperminty, fragrance is not skin care. I am completely honest when I say that this is like nothing I have ever tried and I love it." in 192 reviews
Loren G.
Henderson, NV
When I received this Bioré self heating one minute mask, for some reason I didnt realize it was heated and that totally threw me off when I was reading the directions for application. So I braced myself and when I put it on, it felt like I used super warm water. It was so weird, I even made a face in the mirror LOL. I kept rubbing it around and it felt awesome. Has a good texture for scrubbing. I washed it off in the sink and it's always a little messy over the sink, but as I was wiping my face dry, it felt soooooo good! I loved loved loved this mask and I felt an immediate difference in it. I loved it omg! I will be buying it next grocery trip. I think next time I use it, It will be in the shower. The one minute time frame is such a perfect amount of time to step out from under the water and use this product quickly and less mess. I love that it doesnt harden, so being in the shower wont make a difference. I cant wait to get a full size of those product. Definitely recommend!
Alex C.
Greenville, SC
I received a free sample of Biore' Self Heating One Minute Mask. Because my face is oily with dull, flaky skin I was anxious to see if this product would help my problems. The mask is easy to use. Squeeze the contents into your hand. Spread on your face. Massage and leave on for one minute. Physically following the instructions is not easy. The mask is thick. I had to tug on my face to spread it around. The warm feeling set in as soon as I applied the clay. I rinsed it off after a few minutes. My face still felt warm afterwards. Per instructions I added a litle water to thin the clay. It ran between my fingers. Easier to spread but still slightly stung during and after. But my face did look cleaner and softer. After a few more mask treatments I decided the Biore' Self Heating One Minute Masks negatives weren't worth experiencing just to get a smooth face. I would not buy this product.
Britt D.
Coeur D Alene, ID
Review for: Charcoal Self Heating more...
I absolutely LOVE the Biore Self heating One Minute Mask. After one use I noticed a difference in my skin. It's not as oily (even the next day) and it already looks a more clear than yesterday. I love how it actually heats up when you apply it and you don't have to wait for it to dry. And the 1 minute time frame to apply, scrub and rinse it off is awesome! No wait for clean/clear skin! And paired with the Biore pore strips you'll never have to worry about clogged pores! This is a total must have skin care product.
Kelsey L.
Citrus Heights
The first time that I used these self heating one minute mouse were when I was in a friends bathroom. She decided to bust this out so we can try them and let me just tell you how surprised I was when I applied it to my face. I made sure that my face was rinsed with warm water so that way my pores were open. As I open the package and squeezed the mask out on my fingers didn’t feel very warm at first but is soon as I started rubbing it on my face I was surprised as how hot it actually got! It kind of smells mentally and warm, if that makes any sense. I think this mask is more aesthetically pleasing to do, more than it is actually effective. I do have extremely dry skin to consider so those with oily skin may have a better experience with this.
Valarie R.
Review for: Charcoal Self Heating more...
WOAH! I’ve tried a few products from bioré before and they weren’t for my skin type, but I got a sample of the self heating mask and decided to try it in the shower one day and it was really cool! Once you squeeze it out of the packet onto your hands you immediately feel it start to warm up, never hot, just a slight warmth like as if someone put a clay mask in the microwave for a few seconds, you rub it into your skin and it feels like there are little granules in it, once I rinsed it off my face felt very cooling and cold, it did not feel dry or tight at all, my skin just felt fresh. I really do think this is a cool quirky little product and I will be repurchasing!
Sumiyyea A.
Phoenix, AZ
I received this Bioré Self Heating One Minute Mask as a free sample from PinchMe. The self heating aspect of it really threw me off. I don’t know what I expected but when I applied it felt way too hot to the point where I felt like it was burning me. After it cooled down and I waited the minute and washed it off, my skin felt a bit rough so I thought it didn’t work and I had just went through that whole experience for nothing. However, later my skin felt really smooth so I realized that the mask did work it just takes a bit of time to see and feel the result. I probably wouldn’t purchase this product myself though, because I didn’t like the sensation and I’m not entirely sure the benefits outweigh that.
Gina R.
Liverpool, NY
I wasn't sure what to expect when purchasing the Biore self heating 1 minute mask at my local grocery store, but I was intrigued and the price was affordable.
I cleansed my face as instructed and applied the mask using a brush. Within the first 10 seconds the heat started. It sure got warm quick. A bit after the minute mark, I was a bit relieved to remove the mask. While my skin felt fresh and clean, I was left with a bit of redness that lasted throughout the day.
I will for sure use/purchase it again when I have a day where I can stay home, or just a day with nothing major going on.
Heather I.
Tamarac, FL
Review for: Biore® Self Heating One Minute Mask 0.25 oz. Box more...
I purchased this because I was trying to find a mask for the face that deep cleans and my usual brand wasn’t helping. So I bought this and applied it serveral times on my face and my skin felt really good after. You apply it on your face and it starts off with a cool tingly feeling and then it heats up. After about a minute you rinse it off and my face felt so refreshed and clean. The charcoal products in their collection have been helping my acne and have been clearing up the oils on my face. I will be definitely purchasing this product again.
Karla D.
Plant City, FL
Best deep cleaning pore product I have ever used on my face! I have used all types of products at every level of price point, and the Bioré Charcoal Self Heating Mask is by far the best one I’ve used with the most consistent results. I started using the Bioré Deep Pore
Charcoal Cleanser and the Bioré Pore Penetrating Charcoal Bar last year and liked the results, so I thought I would give this a try as well. As someone who is obsessed with skincare and studies their pores in a magnifying mirror, I absolutely endorse this face mask!
Heidi S.
Prescott
Bioré Self Heating One Minute Mask was hot for like 15 seconds the warm sensation was really nice I felt like that would help open my pores but the warming did not last long enough to warm my whole face, I felt like it was a waste, I tried many ways to get it on my face fast by applying to face with no water ( it’s water activated ) then once I had it all over my face then adding a little water but still 10 to 15 seconds of warmth. I felt like that did nothing it was just for show.
Shana K.
Kettering, OH
How often do you use your masks?
Ariana D.
Stow, OH
Where can you find these masks?
Paige B.
Medina, TN
How warm does this get?
Cintia R.
Would you guys recommend this mask or the Charcoal Pore Strips for blackheads, if you have tried both, how has been your experience with both?
Heather S.
Corry, PA
Does this mask feel like it is "burning"?

back