BY BIORÉ #32 in Face Masks

Melt away the stress. Melt away the dirt and oil. Infused with natural charcoal, this thermal mask opens pores and draws out dirt. It finishes with a cooling sensation for tingly-smooth skin in just one minute. Mix this charcoal face mask with water to increase heating action by 2x. Talk about turning up the heat.

• Oil-Free
  • Dermatologist Tested

How to Use:

Before using, please read cautions and usage instructions. For best results, use on clean face.

• Wet Face. Leave face wet – the Bioré® Self Heating One Minute Mask is activated by water.
  • Apply Mask. Dry hands, open single-use packette, dispense contents into hand and apply mask to face. You may add a little water to your fingers to help spread the mask and activate warming.
  • Massage for about 1 minute. As you massage, the mask will heat up. For more heating action or for your preferred consistency, massage in a little water. The mask does not dry/harden.
  • Rinse. After one minute has passed, thoroughly rinse with water to remove the mask

Cautions:

Recommended Usage: May use up to 2-3 times/week.

How it Works:

Heats on contact with water to open pores and draw out pore-clogging dirt and oil, then cools leaving skin tingly smooth and refreshed.

Butylene Glycol, Zeolite, Kaolin, Peg-8, Methyl Gluceth-20, Cellulose, Talc, Fragrance, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Charcoal Powder, Dimethicone, Hydroxypropylcellulose, Menthol, Disodium Edta, Bht.

• This sounds amazing! How hot does this get? I have issu...1 Answers
  • Is this a peel mask or a rinse off?4 Answers
  • Wow girls after reading all reviews I definitely wanna tr...2 Answers
Bioré Self Heating One Minute Mask
  • "You have to try this. Forget all the magic properties of charcoal, the mere feeling of this clay mask is enough of a treat. From the first moment you rub this beauty on your skin, it heats up to a delicious warmth that seeps deep within your pores. It feels like nothing else I have tried. A true one of a kind. It comes on slightly sticky, creamy and a rich, navy blue. However as sticky as it puts on, it surprisingly washes off easily which is a good sign of being efficiently water-soluble. Prepare to feel relaxed, rejuvenated, like you have soaked in a peppermint bath for an hour. Although I am sceptical as to the claims of dissolving 2.5 times more dirt, oil and surface toxins, it certainly improves your skin with long term effects. Don’t be disappointed after the immediate effect of one minute as it draws out impurities and is used as a magnet to open pores it appears after use that skin is a bit yucky, tired and red. Don’t fret! After a few minutes skin will settle and after a good nights sleep you will wake up to a fresher, clearer, matter skin that isn’t dry or pasty. The packaging is frankly a disappointment, however for the price it is reasonable. It comes in individual sachets which each contains one use. I find the sachet system wasteful and difficult to extract easily to put onto skin. A tube or pump would be more eco-friendly and easier to use. The price is unbelievable for the product, so there is really no excuse not to try this lovely, original mask, even if just to give it a go for the novelty. As the mask only goes on for one minute, it does not really qualify as a mask because the charcoal properties do not really have enough time to work their magic and properly draw out impurities and absorb oil like a 15 minute mask. However I do not advise to leave it on for more than 1 minute as it will dry out your skin and possibly irritate it. Thin of this as a cleanser part 2 of your skin care regimen weekly. It merely acts as a deep clean system rather than a mask. If you’re looking for a product to efficiently maintain eliminating toxins and impurities I would recommend pairing this will a clay 15 minute mask and a good AHA or BHA exfoliant with a gentle water-soluble cleanser and moisturizer paired to your skin type. One disappointment with this product is the menthol and fragrance. But what is wrong with fragrance you ask? It is a skin-irritant and even if you don’t think you have sensitive skin, all skin should be treated gently as rashes and flaring is not the only reaction of irritation. Skin irritation from fragrances can contribute to ageing, drying of skin, acne and skin imbalance. Although it smells delightfully fresh and pepperminty, fragrance is not skin care. I am completely honest when I say that this is like nothing I have ever tried and I love it." in 192 reviews
Alex C.
Greenville, SC
I received a free sample of Biore' Self Heating One Minute Mask. Because my face is oily with dull, flaky skin I was anxious to see if this product would help my problems. The mask is easy to use. Squeeze the contents into your hand. Spread on your face. Massage and leave on for one minute. Physically following the instructions is not easy. The mask is thick. I had to tug on my face to spread it around. The warm feeling set in as soon as I applied the clay. I rinsed it off after a few minutes. My face still felt warm afterwards. Per instructions I added a litle water to thin the clay. It ran between my fingers. Easier to spread but still slightly stung during and after. But my face did look cleaner and softer. After a few more mask treatments I decided the Biore' Self Heating One Minute Masks negatives weren't worth experiencing just to get a smooth face. I would not buy this product.
Drehanna S.
Atlanta, GA
The Bioré Self Heating One Minute Mask is a product that works really well. You can feel the mask instantly heat up as soon as it is applied to your face. It feels amazing, and the added heat makes you feel like it is really working and taking out all the impurities in your skin. The fact that you only have to keep the mask on for 1 minute makes it easier to be added into anyone's night routine without having to waste a lot of time on any other mask that has to be left on for a long period of time. It doesn't harden or make a mess, so there is no need to worry about messing up the sink with this mask. It also comes in single-use packets which is helpful so that you do not end up using too much or wasting the mask and having it harden up by not using it regularly. Once you rinse it off, your face will feel completely refreshed but not dried out. This is most definitely a product to try from Bioré along with their others.
Britt D.
Coeur D Alene, ID
I absolutely LOVE the Biore Self heating One Minute Mask. After one use I noticed a difference in my skin. It's not as oily (even the next day) and it already looks a more clear than yesterday. I love how it actually heats up when you apply it and you don't have to wait for it to dry. And the 1 minute time frame to apply, scrub and rinse it off is awesome! No wait for clean/clear skin! And paired with the Biore pore strips you'll never have to worry about clogged pores! This is a total must have skin care product.
Valarie R.
WOAH! I’ve tried a few products from bioré before and they weren’t for my skin type, but I got a sample of the self heating mask and decided to try it in the shower one day and it was really cool! Once you squeeze it out of the packet onto your hands you immediately feel it start to warm up, never hot, just a slight warmth like as if someone put a clay mask in the microwave for a few seconds, you rub it into your skin and it feels like there are little granules in it, once I rinsed it off my face felt very cooling and cold, it did not feel dry or tight at all, my skin just felt fresh. I really do think this is a cool quirky little product and I will be repurchasing!
Catherine M.
I received this product as a free sample through PINCHme. I was really disappointed with how ineffective it was. The packaging was nice in that it was an individualized packet and not a jar that breeds germs everytime you reach in to get more product. The package said that it would heat up but even without rubbing the product and just putting it on my face, it got uncomfortably hot. After leaving it on for a minute and washing it off, I didn't feel any cleaner and still had dry skin on my face. I have had better results from other drugstore products in a similar price range. I would not purchase this product.
Chanon C.
White Lake, MI
This is a pretty great mask. The one minute mask comes in little packages. You rip one open, squeeze out the contents and rub it onto your face. After one minute, you wash it off. The mask is a little runny for me (I'm use to clay) and I'm always afraid I'll get it everywhere as I put it on, but as soon as it touches my skin it gets thicker & in turn, it gets warm. I love the feeling of a mask that feels like it's working & this does. Even when I wash it off, my skin feels warm & tingling, & I love how my face looks. It always looks clean and smooth. I noticed a huge difference when I started using this mask 2-3 times a week.
Gina R.
Liverpool, NY
I wasn't sure what to expect when purchasing the Biore self heating 1 minute mask at my local grocery store, but I was intrigued and the price was affordable.
I cleansed my face as instructed and applied the mask using a brush. Within the first 10 seconds the heat started. It sure got warm quick. A bit after the minute mark, I was a bit relieved to remove the mask. While my skin felt fresh and clean, I was left with a bit of redness that lasted throughout the day.
I will for sure use/purchase it again when I have a day where I can stay home, or just a day with nothing major going on.
Jessica S.
I LOVE this mask!! You NEED to have water on your face when you apply this or it is very sticky and hard to apply. But the heating when you apply is such a nice feeling, it does cool off again quickly but it says to rub into skin for the whole minute. Anywhere you rub on your skin, it heats up again. Then it is super easy to get off and it leaves the BEST cool refreshing feeling on your skin! My face improved after one use! I was having terrible breakouts and the next morning after using this mask, those big red pimple were almost completely gone! I got comments from friends and family that my face was looking a lot better! LOVE IT!
Kristy G.
Greenacres, FL
This is one of my favorite face masks of all time for my acne prone skin. The self heating sensation makes your pores open up so it really gets down into your skin and cleanses out all the dirt and makeup and everything else that can get caught in your pores & cause impurities. The heating sensation isn't too intense and has never caused any irritation or dryness. It is super affordable and my skin has improved dramatically since I've added this to my skin regimine. I recommend this to anyone, with any skin type who is looking for a nice deep clean.
Heidi S.
Prescott
Bioré Self Heating One Minute Mask was hot for like 15 seconds the warm sensation was really nice I felt like that would help open my pores but the warming did not last long enough to warm my whole face, I felt like it was a waste, I tried many ways to get it on my face fast by applying to face with no water ( it’s water activated ) then once I had it all over my face then adding a little water but still 10 to 15 seconds of warmth. I felt like that did nothing it was just for show.
Shana K.
Kettering, OH
How often do you use your masks?
Ariana D.
Stow, OH
Where can you find these masks?
Paige B.
Medina, TN
How warm does this get?
Cintia R.
Would you guys recommend this mask or the Charcoal Pore Strips for blackheads, if you have tried both, how has been your experience with both?
Heather S.
Corry, PA
Does this mask feel like it is "burning"?