Bioré Self Heating One Minute MaskInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2015

BY BIORÉ

Melt away the stress. Melt away the dirt and oil. Infused with natural charcoal, this thermal mask opens pores and draws out dirt. It finishes with a cooling sensation for tingly-smooth skin in just one minute. Mix this charcoal face mask with water to increase heating action by 2x. Talk about turning up the heat.

• Oil-Free
  • Dermatologist Tested

How to Use:

Before using, please read cautions and usage instructions. For best results, use on clean face.

• Wet Face. Leave face wet – the Bioré® Self Heating One Minute Mask is activated by water.
  • Apply Mask. Dry hands, open single-use packette, dispense contents into hand and apply mask to face. You may add a little water to your fingers to help spread the mask and activate warming.
  • Massage for about 1 minute. As you massage, the mask will heat up. For more heating action or for your preferred consistency, massage in a little water. The mask does not dry/harden.
  • Rinse. After one minute has passed, thoroughly rinse with water to remove the mask

Cautions:

Recommended Usage: May use up to 2-3 times/week.

How it Works:

Heats on contact with water to open pores and draw out pore-clogging dirt and oil, then cools leaving skin tingly smooth and refreshed.

Butylene Glycol, Zeolite, Kaolin, Peg-8, Methyl Gluceth-20, Cellulose, Talc, Fragrance, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Charcoal Powder, Dimethicone, Hydroxypropylcellulose, Menthol, Disodium Edta, Bht.

Bioré Self Heating One Minute Mask
  • "You have to try this. Forget all the magic properties of charcoal, the mere feeling of this clay mask is enough of a treat. From the first moment you rub this beauty on your skin, it heats up to a delicious warmth that seeps deep within your pores. It feels like nothing else I have tried. A true one of a kind. It comes on slightly sticky, creamy and a rich, navy blue. However as sticky as it puts on, it surprisingly washes off easily which is a good sign of being efficiently water-soluble. Prepare to feel relaxed, rejuvenated, like you have soaked in a peppermint bath for an hour. Although I am sceptical as to the claims of dissolving 2.5 times more dirt, oil and surface toxins, it certainly improves your skin with long term effects. Don’t be disappointed after the immediate effect of one minute as it draws out impurities and is used as a magnet to open pores it appears after use that skin is a bit yucky, tired and red. Don’t fret! After a few minutes skin will settle and after a good nights sleep you will wake up to a fresher, clearer, matter skin that isn’t dry or pasty. The packaging is frankly a disappointment, however for the price it is reasonable. It comes in individual sachets which each contains one use. I find the sachet system wasteful and difficult to extract easily to put onto skin. A tube or pump would be more eco-friendly and easier to use. The price is unbelievable for the product, so there is really no excuse not to try this lovely, original mask, even if just to give it a go for the novelty. As the mask only goes on for one minute, it does not really qualify as a mask because the charcoal properties do not really have enough time to work their magic and properly draw out impurities and absorb oil like a 15 minute mask. However I do not advise to leave it on for more than 1 minute as it will dry out your skin and possibly irritate it. Thin of this as a cleanser part 2 of your skin care regimen weekly. It merely acts as a deep clean system rather than a mask. If you’re looking for a product to efficiently maintain eliminating toxins and impurities I would recommend pairing this will a clay 15 minute mask and a good AHA or BHA exfoliant with a gentle water-soluble cleanser and moisturizer paired to your skin type. One disappointment with this product is the menthol and fragrance. But what is wrong with fragrance you ask? It is a skin-irritant and even if you don’t think you have sensitive skin, all skin should be treated gently as rashes and flaring is not the only reaction of irritation. Skin irritation from fragrances can contribute to ageing, drying of skin, acne and skin imbalance. Although it smells delightfully fresh and pepperminty, fragrance is not skin care. I am completely honest when I say that this is like nothing I have ever tried and I love it." in 192 reviews
Allie A.
Review for: Biore® Self Heating One Minute Mask 0.25 oz. Box more...
As a product it was very interesting. It is a clay mask and you get a few masks in the package. The warming sensation happens more as friction is added, and isn’t too warm. I wouldn’t say it was any better or worse than a normal clay mask, but it was very enjoyable. It would probably make a great winter gift. It’s a bit pricey, and I do almost wish it came in a tube instead of individual packages, but I don’t have any complaints about the product itself.
Sabrina F.
Austin, IN
Review for: Biore® Self Heating One Minute Mask 0.25 oz. Box more...
I have mixed feelings about this product. When I first started using it it was a dream. I switched out my normal charcoal face mask for this one because I felt like it helped my skin more. Fast forward a couple months and every time I used it my skin started getting more sensitive. It stays red for a longer period of time and it feels like my face has been prone to more break outs. I'm upset. I loved this one!
Megan G.
Framingham
You ever get something that you just REALLY want to love but cant? Yeah that was how I felt about the self heating mask. I loved the tingling heat sensation to it but honestly, I felt like there was no change in my pores after it was done. Personally I feel like a mask has to be on for longer than 1 min to really do the desired affect
Alex C.
Greenville, SC
I received a free sample of Biore' Self Heating One Minute Mask. Because my face is oily with dull, flaky skin I was anxious to see if this product would help my problems. The mask is easy to use. Squeeze the contents into your hand. Spread on your face. Massage and leave on for one minute. Physically following the instructions is not easy. The mask is thick. I had to tug on my face to spread it around. The warm feeling set in as soon as I applied the clay. I rinsed it off after a few minutes. My face still felt warm afterwards. Per instructions I added a litle water to thin the clay. It ran between my fingers. Easier to spread but still slightly stung during and after. But my face did look cleaner and softer. After a few more mask treatments I decided the Biore' Self Heating One Minute Masks negatives weren't worth experiencing just to get a smooth face. I would not buy this product.
Sana J.
atlanta
I didn’t know that bioré had masks until I received one from pinchme.com. They were kind enough to send this mask along with some other things. It has definitely become one of my holy grails! I use it all the time after I take a steam to really cleanse my pores and my face feels very soft after it!
Renee S.
Review for: Biore® Self Heating One Minute Mask 0.25 oz. Box more...
This product is good if you have very oily skin. I have dry sensitive skin and it did tend to burn and irritate my skin a bit. I have used a whole box i bought but it did dry my skin out a bit but i do have dry skin! So i do recommend for oily acne prone skin but maybe not the best for dry skin
Dresden S.
plattsmouth
Purchased at: Walmart
Review for: Self-Heating Mask Absorbs & Purifies The Original One Minute Facial Oil Free Contains 8 Masks 2.08 oz more...
I loved this cleaned my face very well!! I was not a fan of the heating faze though. It kinda made me feel itchy and burning. I feel the packaging is a little rough to open but so worth it in the end if you can handle the heating part. I do not recommend if you have sensitive skin.
Drugstore M.
silver city nm
I love this for when my skin is just not acting right, I'm not even sure it works all that well, but I love the way it warms up my face and leaves my skin feeling fresh after I wash it off with cold water. This is not a necessity for any type of skin but it is nice to use.
Britt D.
COEUR D ALENE, ID
Review for: Charcoal Self Heating more...
I absolutely LOVE the Biore Self heating One Minute Mask. After one use I noticed a difference in my skin. It's not as oily (even the next day) and it already looks a more clear than yesterday. I love how it actually heats up when you apply it and you don't have to wait for it to dry. And the 1 minute time frame to apply, scrub and rinse it off is awesome! No wait for clean/clear skin! And paired with the Biore pore strips you'll never have to worry about clogged pores! This is a total must have skin care product.
Allysa C.
Atlanta
This product is #1. It gave my skin the best feeling during application and after removal. It is super fun to use and great for your skin. It is great for a girl's night or just something to treat yourself with. It is fairly priced. I would buy this again.
Shana K.
Dayton, OH
How often do you use your masks?
Ariana D.
Stow, OH
Where can you find these masks?
Cintia R.
Would you guys recommend this mask or the Charcoal Pore Strips for blackheads, if you have tried both, how has been your experience with both?
Heather S.
Corry, PA
Does this mask feel like it is "burning"?
Paige B.