Bioré Self Heating One Minute MaskInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2015

BY BIORÉ

Melt away the stress. Melt away the dirt and oil. Infused with natural charcoal, this thermal mask opens pores and draws out dirt. It finishes with a cooling sensation for tingly-smooth skin in just one minute. Mix this charcoal face mask with water to increase heating action by 2x. Talk about turning up the heat.

• Oil-Free
  • Dermatologist Tested

How to Use:

Before using, please read cautions and usage instructions. For best results, use on clean face.

• Wet Face. Leave face wet – the Bioré® Self Heating One Minute Mask is activated by water.
  • Apply Mask. Dry hands, open single-use packette, dispense contents into hand and apply mask to face. You may add a little water to your fingers to help spread the mask and activate warming.
  • Massage for about 1 minute. As you massage, the mask will heat up. For more heating action or for your preferred consistency, massage in a little water. The mask does not dry/harden.
  • Rinse. After one minute has passed, thoroughly rinse with water to remove the mask

Cautions:

Recommended Usage: May use up to 2-3 times/week.

How it Works:

Heats on contact with water to open pores and draw out pore-clogging dirt and oil, then cools leaving skin tingly smooth and refreshed.

Butylene Glycol, Zeolite, Kaolin, Peg-8, Methyl Gluceth-20, Cellulose, Talc, Fragrance, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Charcoal Powder, Dimethicone, Hydroxypropylcellulose, Menthol, Disodium Edta, Bht.

Bioré Self Heating One Minute Mask
  • "You have to try this. Forget all the magic properties of charcoal, the mere feeling of this clay mask is enough of a treat. From the first moment you rub this beauty on your skin, it heats up to a delicious warmth that seeps deep within your pores. It feels like nothing else I have tried. A true one of a kind. It comes on slightly sticky, creamy and a rich, navy blue. However as sticky as it puts on, it surprisingly washes off easily which is a good sign of being efficiently water-soluble. Prepare to feel relaxed, rejuvenated, like you have soaked in a peppermint bath for an hour. Although I am sceptical as to the claims of dissolving 2.5 times more dirt, oil and surface toxins, it certainly improves your skin with long term effects. Don’t be disappointed after the immediate effect of one minute as it draws out impurities and is used as a magnet to open pores it appears after use that skin is a bit yucky, tired and red. Don’t fret! After a few minutes skin will settle and after a good nights sleep you will wake up to a fresher, clearer, matter skin that isn’t dry or pasty. The packaging is frankly a disappointment, however for the price it is reasonable. It comes in individual sachets which each contains one use. I find the sachet system wasteful and difficult to extract easily to put onto skin. A tube or pump would be more eco-friendly and easier to use. The price is unbelievable for the product, so there is really no excuse not to try this lovely, original mask, even if just to give it a go for the novelty. As the mask only goes on for one minute, it does not really qualify as a mask because the charcoal properties do not really have enough time to work their magic and properly draw out impurities and absorb oil like a 15 minute mask. However I do not advise to leave it on for more than 1 minute as it will dry out your skin and possibly irritate it. Thin of this as a cleanser part 2 of your skin care regimen weekly. It merely acts as a deep clean system rather than a mask. If you’re looking for a product to efficiently maintain eliminating toxins and impurities I would recommend pairing this will a clay 15 minute mask and a good AHA or BHA exfoliant with a gentle water-soluble cleanser and moisturizer paired to your skin type. One disappointment with this product is the menthol and fragrance. But what is wrong with fragrance you ask? It is a skin-irritant and even if you don’t think you have sensitive skin, all skin should be treated gently as rashes and flaring is not the only reaction of irritation. Skin irritation from fragrances can contribute to ageing, drying of skin, acne and skin imbalance. Although it smells delightfully fresh and pepperminty, fragrance is not skin care. I am completely honest when I say that this is like nothing I have ever tried and I love it." in 192 reviews
Loren G.
Henderson, NV
When I received this Bioré self heating one minute mask, for some reason I didnt realize it was heated and that totally threw me off when I was reading the directions for application. So I braced myself and when I put it on, it felt like I used super warm water. It was so weird, I even made a face in the mirror LOL. I kept rubbing it around and it felt awesome. Has a good texture for scrubbing. I washed it off in the sink and it's always a little messy over the sink, but as I was wiping my face dry, it felt soooooo good! I loved loved loved this mask and I felt an immediate difference in it. I loved it omg! I will be buying it next grocery trip. I think next time I use it, It will be in the shower. The one minute time frame is such a perfect amount of time to step out from under the water and use this product quickly and less mess. I love that it doesnt harden, so being in the shower wont make a difference. I cant wait to get a full size of those product. Definitely recommend!
Alex C.
Greenville, SC
I received a free sample of Biore' Self Heating One Minute Mask. Because my face is oily with dull, flaky skin I was anxious to see if this product would help my problems. The mask is easy to use. Squeeze the contents into your hand. Spread on your face. Massage and leave on for one minute. Physically following the instructions is not easy. The mask is thick. I had to tug on my face to spread it around. The warm feeling set in as soon as I applied the clay. I rinsed it off after a few minutes. My face still felt warm afterwards. Per instructions I added a litle water to thin the clay. It ran between my fingers. Easier to spread but still slightly stung during and after. But my face did look cleaner and softer. After a few more mask treatments I decided the Biore' Self Heating One Minute Masks negatives weren't worth experiencing just to get a smooth face. I would not buy this product.
Britt D.
Coeur D Alene, ID
Review for: Charcoal Self Heating more...
I absolutely LOVE the Biore Self heating One Minute Mask. After one use I noticed a difference in my skin. It's not as oily (even the next day) and it already looks a more clear than yesterday. I love how it actually heats up when you apply it and you don't have to wait for it to dry. And the 1 minute time frame to apply, scrub and rinse it off is awesome! No wait for clean/clear skin! And paired with the Biore pore strips you'll never have to worry about clogged pores! This is a total must have skin care product.
Valarie R.
Review for: Charcoal Self Heating more...
WOAH! I’ve tried a few products from bioré before and they weren’t for my skin type, but I got a sample of the self heating mask and decided to try it in the shower one day and it was really cool! Once you squeeze it out of the packet onto your hands you immediately feel it start to warm up, never hot, just a slight warmth like as if someone put a clay mask in the microwave for a few seconds, you rub it into your skin and it feels like there are little granules in it, once I rinsed it off my face felt very cooling and cold, it did not feel dry or tight at all, my skin just felt fresh. I really do think this is a cool quirky little product and I will be repurchasing!
Gina R.
Liverpool, NY
I wasn't sure what to expect when purchasing the Biore self heating 1 minute mask at my local grocery store, but I was intrigued and the price was affordable.
I cleansed my face as instructed and applied the mask using a brush. Within the first 10 seconds the heat started. It sure got warm quick. A bit after the minute mark, I was a bit relieved to remove the mask. While my skin felt fresh and clean, I was left with a bit of redness that lasted throughout the day.
I will for sure use/purchase it again when I have a day where I can stay home, or just a day with nothing major going on.
Steffi E.
W Valley City, UT
Review for: Charcoal Self Heating more...
I received a free sample of Biore Self Heating One Minute Mask for agreeing to write a review. Having used a variety of "mask" products over the years I am always up for trying a new one. I was very curious as to how affective a "one minute" mask would be having used other mask brands that required anywhere from 10-20 minute wait before removing the mask. The directions were simple and easy to follow with pictures to guide you through each step. The mask contains Natural Charcoal known for its ability to draw out impurities and trap them. The product comes in 4 single use packets which I thought was very convenient especially when you travel. After applying the mask to your face you add a little water an massage it in for one minute. This unique formula heats on contact with water to open your pores and draw out pour-clogging dirt and oil. The mask does not dry/harden, which I really liked. I was pleasantly surprised with the light texture and appealing scent of the mask. The more water you added the warmer the mask became. I loved that!!!! After one minute you rinse off the mask and then you get this wonderful cooling sensation leaving skin tingly smooth and refreshing. My face felt wonderful! I used the mask 2-3 times a week as directed. I really liked this product. I highly recommend this mask for individuals who don't always have time for a deep cleansing mask treatment.
Heather I.
Tamarac, FL
Review for: Biore® Self Heating One Minute Mask 0.25 oz. Box more...
I purchased this because I was trying to find a mask for the face that deep cleans and my usual brand wasn’t helping. So I bought this and applied it serveral times on my face and my skin felt really good after. You apply it on your face and it starts off with a cool tingly feeling and then it heats up. After about a minute you rinse it off and my face felt so refreshed and clean. The charcoal products in their collection have been helping my acne and have been clearing up the oils on my face. I will be definitely purchasing this product again.
Heidi S.
Prescott
Bioré Self Heating One Minute Mask was hot for like 15 seconds the warm sensation was really nice I felt like that would help open my pores but the warming did not last long enough to warm my whole face, I felt like it was a waste, I tried many ways to get it on my face fast by applying to face with no water ( it’s water activated ) then once I had it all over my face then adding a little water but still 10 to 15 seconds of warmth. I felt like that did nothing it was just for show.
Maria M.
Hutchinson, MN
Hannah W.
Louisville
This product is so fun to use first off! It’s a great value for its price point and you get the benefits of hydrated skin along with the fun of feeling it heat up as you rub it in! My only complaint is that it’s warm for a short period of time and it feels sooo good when it’s warm. Any longer may be dangerous though so it’s probably for the best. Definitely my favorite face mask to use everyday. The only thing I will say is that if you have oily skin this may not take that away but for people with dry skin or combination skin it’s awesome.
Shana K.
Kettering, OH
How often do you use your masks?
Ariana D.
Stow, OH
Where can you find these masks?
Cintia R.
Would you guys recommend this mask or the Charcoal Pore Strips for blackheads, if you have tried both, how has been your experience with both?
Paige B.
Medina, TN
How warm does this get?
Heather S.
Corry, PA
Does this mask feel like it is "burning"?