BY BIORÉ #33 in Face Masks

Melt away the stress. Melt away the dirt and oil. Infused with natural charcoal, this thermal mask opens pores and draws out dirt. It finishes with a cooling sensation for tingly-smooth skin in just one minute. Mix this charcoal face mask with water to increase heating action by 2x. Talk about turning up the heat.

• Oil-Free
  • Dermatologist Tested

How to Use:

Before using, please read cautions and usage instructions. For best results, use on clean face.

• Wet Face. Leave face wet – the Bioré® Self Heating One Minute Mask is activated by water.
  • Apply Mask. Dry hands, open single-use packette, dispense contents into hand and apply mask to face. You may add a little water to your fingers to help spread the mask and activate warming.
  • Massage for about 1 minute. As you massage, the mask will heat up. For more heating action or for your preferred consistency, massage in a little water. The mask does not dry/harden.
  • Rinse. After one minute has passed, thoroughly rinse with water to remove the mask

Cautions:

Recommended Usage: May use up to 2-3 times/week.

How it Works:

Heats on contact with water to open pores and draw out pore-clogging dirt and oil, then cools leaving skin tingly smooth and refreshed.

Butylene Glycol, Zeolite, Kaolin, Peg-8, Methyl Gluceth-20, Cellulose, Talc, Fragrance, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Charcoal Powder, Dimethicone, Hydroxypropylcellulose, Menthol, Disodium Edta, Bht.

• This sounds amazing! How hot does this get? I have issues with ...1 Answers
  • Is this a peel mask or a rinse off?4 Answers
  • Wow girls after reading all reviews I definitely wanna try it now2 Answers
Bioré Self Heating One Minute Mask
  • "You have to try this. Forget all the magic properties of charcoal, the mere feeling of this clay mask is enough of a treat. From the first moment you rub this beauty on your skin, it heats up to a delicious warmth that seeps deep within your pores. It feels like nothing else I have tried. A true one of a kind. It comes on slightly sticky, creamy and a rich, navy blue. However as sticky as it puts on, it surprisingly washes off easily which is a good sign of being efficiently water-soluble. Prepare to feel relaxed, rejuvenated, like you have soaked in a peppermint bath for an hour. Although I am sceptical as to the claims of dissolving 2.5 times more dirt, oil and surface toxins, it certainly improves your skin with long term effects. Don’t be disappointed after the immediate effect of one minute as it draws out impurities and is used as a magnet to open pores it appears after use that skin is a bit yucky, tired and red. Don’t fret! After a few minutes skin will settle and after a good nights sleep you will wake up to a fresher, clearer, matter skin that isn’t dry or pasty. The packaging is frankly a disappointment, however for the price it is reasonable. It comes in individual sachets which each contains one use. I find the sachet system wasteful and difficult to extract easily to put onto skin. A tube or pump would be more eco-friendly and easier to use. The price is unbelievable for the product, so there is really no excuse not to try this lovely, original mask, even if just to give it a go for the novelty. As the mask only goes on for one minute, it does not really qualify as a mask because the charcoal properties do not really have enough time to work their magic and properly draw out impurities and absorb oil like a 15 minute mask. However I do not advise to leave it on for more than 1 minute as it will dry out your skin and possibly irritate it. Thin of this as a cleanser part 2 of your skin care regimen weekly. It merely acts as a deep clean system rather than a mask. If you’re looking for a product to efficiently maintain eliminating toxins and impurities I would recommend pairing this will a clay 15 minute mask and a good AHA or BHA exfoliant with a gentle water-soluble cleanser and moisturizer paired to your skin type. One disappointment with this product is the menthol and fragrance. But what is wrong with fragrance you ask? It is a skin-irritant and even if you don’t think you have sensitive skin, all skin should be treated gently as rashes and flaring is not the only reaction of irritation. Skin irritation from fragrances can contribute to ageing, drying of skin, acne and skin imbalance. Although it smells delightfully fresh and pepperminty, fragrance is not skin care. I am completely honest when I say that this is like nothing I have ever tried and I love it." in 192 reviews
Alex C.
Greenville, SC
I received a free sample of Biore' Self Heating One Minute Mask. Because my face is oily with dull, flaky skin I was anxious to see if this product would help my problems. The mask is easy to use. Squeeze the contents into your hand. Spread on your face. Massage and leave on for one minute. Physically following the instructions is not easy. The mask is thick. I had to tug on my face to spread it around. The warm feeling set in as soon as I applied the clay. I rinsed it off after a few minutes. My face still felt warm afterwards. Per instructions I added a litle water to thin the clay. It ran between my fingers. Easier to spread but still slightly stung during and after. But my face did look cleaner and softer. After a few more mask treatments I decided the Biore' Self Heating One Minute Masks negatives weren't worth experiencing just to get a smooth face. I would not buy this product.
Kristin L.
So I don't use many masks, but I'm outside arounddirt a lot and always worry about not being able to clean out my pores. I like that this mask only takes a minute because I have pretty sensitive skin and don't want to react to harsh masks. This mask is super easy to use. Just rinse your face and then rub in for one minute. It's spreads easily and has a nice warming affect when reacting with the water. After a minute, just rinse it right off. Because it doesn't harden like some masks, it's really easy to get it all off. You're left with smooth clean feeling skin! I use it about once a week to really get everything out of my pores and then continue with my normal skincare routine.
Gina R.
Liverpool
I wasn't sure what to expect when purchasing the Biore self heating 1 minute mask at my local grocery store, but I was intrigued and the price was affordable.
I cleansed my face as instructed and applied the mask using a brush. Within the first 10 seconds the heat started. It sure got warm quick. A bit after the minute mark, I was a bit relieved to remove the mask. While my skin felt fresh and clean, I was left with a bit of redness that lasted throughout the day.
I will for sure use/purchase it again when I have a day where I can stay home, or just a day with nothing major going on.
Valerie Ann O.
Dallas, TX
I have to admit I was sceptic at first due to the heating part I wasn’t sure if I’d be go warm for my face since it sensitive. I finally gave in one afternoon an purchased it an as soon as I got home I had to try it. It felt good going on my face it was cool an refreshing at first then gradually it started to warm up. I liked the feeling of tingling as it warmed up I have to say this product is totally worth trying. Once I removed the mask my skin felt amazingly refreshed an it was brighter and smoother. The price is appropriate for this product I believe so give it a try you won’t regret it.
Nikki F.
I truly enjoyed using this Biore self heating one minute face mask! Once I put it on my face an added the water I felt it warm up immediately! It felt so relaxing an good, I felt the warmth go deep in my skin to give me the best possible clean an peaceful feeling, it was simply an fast to use an it feels flawless! I knew this would be something I would definitely use again. It did a great job cleaning out my pores, making my skin soft an cleansed, an it made me feel so blissful an content! I was blown away by the results for sure, I didn't expect it to get so warm either it was the perfect temperature not too hot yet not to cool. I gave one to my friend to try an she loved it too! The pore strips from Biore don't really work for me so I was pleasantly surprised that this did work for me, I felt like I had a mini spa day for my face, it left my face glowing smooth an satisfied! I definitely recommend this product! I'm glad I tried it, I will be buying more of this no doubt! Bioré Self Heating One Minute Mask
Sydnee G.
This didn’t really do anything for me. As a massaged the mask onto my skin as directed, it did heat up. I think it was supposed to soothe my skin and open it up for imperfections to be easily removed, but once removing the mask, my face didn’t look any different. It didn’t feel any different either. The only time my skin really felt any comfort at all was when I was applying it, because it was only warm and soothing as it was lathered. It was pretty cheap and inexpensive, but I don’t think I’d buy it again.
Heidi S.
Prescott
Bioré Self Heating One Minute Mask was hot for like 15 seconds the warm sensation was really nice I felt like that would help open my pores but the warming did not last long enough to warm my whole face, I felt like it was a waste, I tried many ways to get it on my face fast by applying to face with no water ( it’s water activated ) then once I had it all over my face then adding a little water but still 10 to 15 seconds of warmth. I felt like that did nothing it was just for show.
Sarah B.
I’m not much of a mud mask or mask person in the first place. I first discovered this back in college with my roommate and we loved how it would warm up as you used it with some water. My only slight issue is not staying warm long enough to maintain. You do have to get more water to try to keep it warm. I’m just afraid of using excess water and rinsing off the product before I’m done using it. But it is still a really great mask. It leaves my skin very soft and smooth and clean.
Roxanne S.
Gerry, NY
I’m not a huge fan of this. I think my mom got me this and she thought it was suppose else but I still used them. It’s so so, but not really for me. It’s does get pretty “hot” on the face while you leave it on for a minute and wash off after that. My face was a little red after using it but my skin didn’t hurt and it still felt really clean. The price wasn’t bad just not for me. I’d still have others try it cuz it wasn’t awful just not my kind of face mask or face wash etc etc.
Maria G.
Hutchinson, MN
Shana K.
Kettering, OH
How often do you use your masks?
Ariana D.
Stow, OH
Where can you find these masks?
Paige B.
Medina, TN
How warm does this get?
Cintia R.
Would you guys recommend this mask or the Charcoal Pore Strips for blackheads, if you have tried both, how has been your experience with both?
Heather S.
Corry, PA
Does this mask feel like it is "burning"?