Bioré Pore Penetrating Charcoal Bar
Bar soap that exfoliates and washes away grime and pore-clogging gunk.
Charcoal? For my face? You bet. Natural charcoal is known to degunk pores. Infused with refreshing peppermint oil and exfoliating jojoba beads, this unique formula works to make skin smooth and 2.5x cleaner than a basic cleanser.
- With Natural Charcoal, known for its ability to draw out and trap deep-down impurities
How to Use:
Wet hands with warm water and work bar into a white lather. Massage lather gently across face. Rinse thoroughly. Use up to twice daily. If dryness occurs, reduce usage.
For external use only. Avoid eye contact. If contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with water. Keep out of reach of children.
How it Works:
- The natural charcoal powder draws out impurities
- Scrubbing jojoba beads gently exfoliate for smooth skin
- Natural peppermint oil leaves skin feeling tingly fresh
Sodium Palmate, Water, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Sorbitol, Palm Kernel Acid, Menthone Glycerin Acetal, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Carbon, Coco-glucoside, Sodium Chloride, Jojoba Esters, Galactoarabinan, Tetrasodium Edta, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Charcoal Powder.see more...
Top Questions See all 221 Q&A
Bioré Pore Penetrating Charcoal Bar
- "Love love love this stuff!!! I recommend this to anyone who suffers acne. It will definitely help to clear the blemishes asap!! It's about 8 bucks which I don't think is too overly priced for this." in 178 reviews
- "I was searching for a new gentle cleanser to try and there was a coupon on this bar for 2 dollars off making it 4 dollars and some change at walmart. I figured it wouldn't hurt to try it.. but i fell in love. i have pretty big pores and i have combination skin. This soap really does get down in my pores and clear out all of the dirt in my skin. It has a peppermint like feel to it, and it definitely doesn't feel good if it gets in your eyes. I love it though. I use it while I am in the shower because I feel like the heat opens my pores and really allows this to get in there and get all the dirt out, then I follow my normal routine. witch hazel and moisturizer. " in 100 reviews
- "So before trying this cleansing bar, I had tried soooo many facial cleansers. My skin had started breaking out horrible when I started using the clarisonic. I couldn't get anything to calm the breakouts. I found this by accident while in Walmart. So I thought well I'll try a bar, thinking that maybe some chemical in the liquid cleansers was contributing to my breakouts. OMG my face is like a night and day difference! I hope Biore never discontinues this bar! Smells great too! Minty fresh. Doesn't over dry and removes make up great. Just be careful around eyes. " in 48 reviews
Charcoal is all the hype right now so I had to get in the action with this cleansing bar. I really liked the gentle exfoliant beads it has in it, it really made me feel like my face got clean. I got a squeak clean feeling when it was washed away. My only gripe was, as per bar rules it gets dried out and cracks and just isn't good one you get down to the last 1/4 of the bar. I'd love to try the liquid wash next!
I needed to change up my daily cleaning routine and I discovered this just the other day at my local drug store. I have pretty sensitive skin and I was very hesitant to try this product out, but I figured what the heck. I'm so happy that I have in cause my face has never felt this clean and soft. Plus I haven't had one break out since I've started using it. Which is a great sign considering I break out very easily.
great product it leaves your face feeling fresh. When applied you feel a nice cooling effect and leaves soft at the end . I did purchase this at Target and it was a good price around $5-$7 for the amount of product you get this is really good. Definitely recommended to family members and friends.
I was initially excited to try this bar because I figured it would be similar to the Lush Coalface bar, but, unfortunately, they were quite different. The granules in the bar are way too harsh on the skin, and it doesn't seem to clear my skin as well as I hoped. But, nevertheless, it still leaves my skin squeaky clean.
I really didn’t see any difference to my pores or blackheads while using this product. In face, it made my face feel even dirtier. It has a minty smell, which really over dried my skin, and not to mention pieces of what I guess is charcoal, which after a while of use makes the soap bar feel like a rock. I recommend using a gentler soap if you have sensitive skin, because this one is way too harsh.
I have normal/oily skin, so I love black charcoal face products. I was excited to try this, as I couldn't get my hands on the Lush Cosmetics Coal Face. Very disappointed. It doesn't remove makeup, but WORST of all, it burns. It burned my eyes every time I used it. There's some sort of menthol that radiates off your face into your eyes.
Favorite new find! Just started using this about two weeks ago and love the fresh scent and how it seemed to clear up a little problem I was having with blackheads on my chin. It exfoliates and you can feel it penetrating your pores! I love the way it makes my skin feel as well. FYI - The bar is black and looks like a brick of charcoal, but the suds are clear. I bought mine at CVS and love it!
Meh... I purchased this and honestly kinda regret it. It's not that great and was honestly a bit too harsh for my dry skin. It gave the feeling like there was residue or something left behind. Like you couldn't rinse it enough. I also didn't really see a difference in my pores.
I recently started using this. I was skeptical about this because I've read that all you really need is soap and warm water to wash your face with but I thought to myself, " Why not". Instantly, I felt the difference on my face. It felt so soft and just clean. Even the color of my skin was noticeably different. My blackheads were still visible but I just started it. So, I can't say much on that.
So I found this bar to be wayyy too gritty for my face, I wasn't expecting it be exfoliating. However, I've been using it for my body and I love it! I used to get a zit on one of my shoulders maybe once a month but not anymore. I only use it one a week and it keeps my skin feeling nice.
Q & A
I have the Biore charcoal gel style cleanser. I was wondering if this bar works better, worse, or the same as the gel style cleanser? Is the bar too harsh for sensitive skin?
Does this exfoliate? And do you think this could take the place of a daily cleanser?
How well does this soap work? Does it leave the face feeling clean?
Is this good for combination skin?
Does this product work to reduce blackheads?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos