Bioré Pore Penetrating Charcoal Bar
Bar soap that exfoliates and washes away grime and pore-clogging gunk.
Charcoal? For my face? You bet. Natural charcoal is known to degunk pores. Infused with refreshing peppermint oil and exfoliating jojoba beads, this unique formula works to make skin smooth and 2.5x cleaner than a basic cleanser.
- With Natural Charcoal, known for its ability to draw out and trap deep-down impurities
How to Use:
Wet hands with warm water and work bar into a white lather. Massage lather gently across face. Rinse thoroughly. Use up to twice daily. If dryness occurs, reduce usage.
For external use only. Avoid eye contact. If contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with water. Keep out of reach of children.
How it Works:
- The natural charcoal powder draws out impurities
- Scrubbing jojoba beads gently exfoliate for smooth skin
- Natural peppermint oil leaves skin feeling tingly fresh
Sodium Palmate, Water, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Sorbitol, Palm Kernel Acid, Menthone Glycerin Acetal, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Carbon, Coco-glucoside, Sodium Chloride, Jojoba Esters, Galactoarabinan, Tetrasodium Edta, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Charcoal Powder.see more...
Top Questions See all 221 Q&A
Bioré Pore Penetrating Charcoal Bar
- "Love love love this stuff!!! I recommend this to anyone who suffers acne. It will definitely help to clear the blemishes asap!! It's about 8 bucks which I don't think is too overly priced for this." in 178 reviews
- "I was searching for a new gentle cleanser to try and there was a coupon on this bar for 2 dollars off making it 4 dollars and some change at walmart. I figured it wouldn't hurt to try it.. but i fell in love. i have pretty big pores and i have combination skin. This soap really does get down in my pores and clear out all of the dirt in my skin. It has a peppermint like feel to it, and it definitely doesn't feel good if it gets in your eyes. I love it though. I use it while I am in the shower because I feel like the heat opens my pores and really allows this to get in there and get all the dirt out, then I follow my normal routine. witch hazel and moisturizer. " in 100 reviews
- "So before trying this cleansing bar, I had tried soooo many facial cleansers. My skin had started breaking out horrible when I started using the clarisonic. I couldn't get anything to calm the breakouts. I found this by accident while in Walmart. So I thought well I'll try a bar, thinking that maybe some chemical in the liquid cleansers was contributing to my breakouts. OMG my face is like a night and day difference! I hope Biore never discontinues this bar! Smells great too! Minty fresh. Doesn't over dry and removes make up great. Just be careful around eyes. " in 48 reviews
i would only recommend using it about once-twice a week because the exfoliation on this is INTENSE. but it is amazing. it feels so tingly and great, definitely does a good job and deep cleansing, and clears break ups fast. did i mention the tingly minty feeling? its great
If you can’t afford the more expensive lines of skin care this is a good exfoliating cleanser, especially for oily skin. I use it twice a day morning and night and in a matter of days you’ll see results and weeks your skin will be clear! If your face starts to get too dry though only use it once a day and make sure you are moisturizing! Charcoal can be a bit rough since it’s an exfoliant, if you don’t have very oily skin or if you have sensitive skin.
This stuff is AMAZING for clogged pores and acne-prone skin. I have had every skin problem in the book and this was so helpful with my blackheads. Of course it didn't get rid of them fully but what face wash is going to do that? It is amazing for the value and I would definitely recommend it for acne prone skin. I used accutane so I don't have acne anymore so I have switched face washes. This will not be good for you if you have dry or sensitive skin.
I use this soap to deep clean my face and remove my makeup and any dirt that accumulates on my face during the day. This has prevented me from having clogged pores and helps my skin breathe and feel totally refreshed.
Purchased at: Walmart
I used this product in the past before I switched over to the philosophy purity made simple one-step facial cleanser. I found that it kept my skin very clear but it often times really dried it out. The smell was good and the bar was huge. The Bioré Pore Penetrating Charcoal Bar was also very inexpensive.
This is my go-to face wash product! I have very sensitive skin, it's oily, with HUGE pores on the skin under my eyes so needless to say I get a lot of black heads and build up in that area. The charcole bar (when used with light pressure) exfoliates the skin clearing away if not all then most black heads and dead skin. It leaves the skin looking fresh, shiny, and rejuvenated.
This is my holy grail charcoal soap! I came across it at Target years ago and decided to try it and have been using it ever since. It isn't harsh on my skin at all, I can use it on an everyday basis without my skin getting dry and flaky. I use it with Neutrogena's oil free cream acne cleanser 2x a day. It cleans my pores so nicely, makes my skin smooth and perfectly exfoliated.
So far I have been using Biore Charcoal Soap for about a year and my face has never felt any better. When you wash it has a fizzy feeling that gets deep into your pores and smells so minty and its not that expensive, very affordable at Target. I did stop using it to see how another product worked (it didn't) so I have to start all over but its a WONDERFUL product
Purchased at: Target
This one was probably the most damaging to my skin and I didn't even realize it. I would get constant breakouts and wondered what was causing it. This always left my face really dry and would always get everywhere since I would have to foam it up first. I still have some hyperpigmentation from those pimples and acne and am still trying to get rid of it.
Q & A
I have the Biore charcoal gel style cleanser. I was wondering if this bar works better, worse, or the same as the gel style cleanser? Is the bar too harsh for sensitive skin?
Does this exfoliate? And do you think this could take the place of a daily cleanser?
How well does this soap work? Does it leave the face feeling clean?
Is this good for combination skin?
Does this product work to reduce blackheads?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos