BY BIORÉ #49 in Facial Cleansers

Skin acting up? Meet Charcoal. The secret weapon from the Bioré® Skincare Experts. Draw out and trap 2x more dirt and impurities than a basic cleanser with this innovative black cleanser that foams white and rinses clean. Infused with Japanese Skin Purifying Technology, this facial cleanser gives you results after just one use!

• Oil-Free
  • Dermatologist Tested
  • Gentle enough for everyday use
  • Great for oily skin

• Does this work well for blackheads on the nose or are there bette...2 Answers
  • Is this healthy for your face ? Is really good ?1 Answers
  • Does anyone else find it makes your skin dry in burns tingles Sen...3 Answers
Ashley J.
Miami
I picked this up on a whim when I was purchasing a new package of Biore pore strips--I had never tried any of the other products in this line, but several coupons popped up and the price of this item and a couple of others seemed so good, that I just had to try them. I have very dry skin, but it is also extremely sensitive, so I have to be careful with new products. I think I finally have the dryness under control with a whole arsenal of serums and moisturizers, but I'm still trying to find the best cleanser (or combination of cleansers) for my face. I have enlarged pores on my nose and chin and I also have that slightly dimpled skin = peau d'orange on my chin which seems to be tied to blocked glands just under the surface. I have never been able to do anything about that and just figured I was stuck with it (and I've tried dozens and dozens of products from different brands and at many price points). I was concerned about the experiences some reviewers have had regarding rashes and breakouts, so I eased into using this slowly--tried it on my forearms first, and then just a small region of my face...never any problem, so I finally worked up to using this two or three times per week. It is a little too drying for me to use it every day. I've been using this cleanser for a couple of months and I like it a lot; my skin feels very clean and fresh after using it. I pretty much focus on the lower part of my face--cheeks, nose and chin and I avoid the region around my eyes. It is thick and feels a bit tingly; it foams up easily and rinses away easily. After the first few uses, I no longer bother using it on my forehead, since this area is very dry and pores are not a problem there, anyway. I use another, milder cleanser for my forehead and neck. Unexpectedly, I noticed that the appearance of the skin on my chin was slowly improving...the affected area is roughly half the size that it was before--I am hoping with continued use this problem that I have had for years and years finally resolves.Extremely pleased with this very reasonably priced product. I'm SO glad I tried this...I almost didn't--it certainly doesn't seem to work for everyone, but for me at least, it works great! I don't use very much at a time, and the bottle is pretty big--it will probably take me quite a while to use it up, but I plan to buy several bottles to have on hand as a backup just in case.
Kimberly C.
I can't rave enough about this cleanser. I personally STRUGGLE with blackheads and clogged pores and this product has really helped. I use this as my daily cleanser. I wash my face twice a day, wet my face with warm water (to open the pores), clean my face with the product and wash it off with cold water (to close the pores). It takes off all the dirt and oil I have built up throughout the day and nights. When your scrubbing your face the cleanser feels refreshing, it gets almost colder when you have it on, it just feels great and wakes you up. An entire bottle lasts me for a couple of months,I only take one one pump to clean my face. I strongly advice you to use a moisturizer after cleaning your face with this product because it does take off the majority of the oil on your face and your skin is going to need some hydration afterwards. I highly recommend this product!
Aiyana S.
A skincare lady at Ulta convinced me to get this along with another Biore exfoliant (I don't remember what it's called at the moment). I used it all summer and it barely did anything for me. I saw little improvement with my skin over the summer, but at least it didn't make my skin worse!
There were a few things I really loved about this product in particular, though. I loved the cool feeling that it gives you when you wash it off. It really makes you feel refreshed and clean. It's also really quick to clean off. Usually you have to take a little bit to wash off all the product from your face with other cleansers but this only takes like 5 seconds to wash off.
It definitely wasn't worth the price at Ulta. If you're considering buying this I'd definitely recommend that you get it from Wal Mart or Target.
Ashley H.
Big Stone Gap, VA
I purchased this cleanser after reading a review in a magazine saying how great it is for oily skin. I found it at Walmart for less than $6. It has a gel like texture that is black in color, but fades away when rubbing together. When I first started using it, it did give my skin a tingling sensation. I actually enjoy the feeling of it. My daughter however has sensitive skin and cannot handle it. This cleanser seems to do a great job getting my makeup off and cleaning my pores. It did take several weeks before I could tell a difference, but when it did take effect my skin did look clearer and not as oily at all. I use this every night in the shower. I’ve been using the same bottle for the past three months and use every single night so it does last a long time. I will but this again and again!
Ruby V.
Anaheim , CA
I have acne prone combo skin more oily and when I bought this I was going through a rough skin time lol when I tried it the first day I felt a fresh feelings while washing which I liked and the next day I didn’t wake up with a new spot and my other spots got a little smaller. I used it again and all hell broke lose. I kept breaking out more and more and I’m like This said in a week or something g it clears skin well I used it for a couple weeks and immediately returned it. It did nothing. I fell for temptation and bought it again a couple months after cause u know skin changes I change too and I learn how to “use” these face washes well the saaaaame thing happened so ISSA NO I’m like semi sensitive skin type but i wasn’t before
Shay M.
S Ozone Park, NY
Impulse buy: I purchased a two pack from BJ's for less than $10.  I have been using it for about two weeks and it's definitely been saving my skin. I do suffer from acne and for me this beauty helps to maintain a bump free skin. The packaging is cute, simple, clean, and easy to use. I double cleanse in each wash (morning and night), and it thoroughly cleanses my skin from a days wear of makeup, which is super important in a cleanser. It's refreshening on the skin,  doesn't spread the dirt around, doesn't leave a filmy consistency on the skin as some cleansers do, it foams up, and the application is not messy. Also, I have oily skin if that helps and have yet to experience any drying. I hope this helps someone.
amber f.
Beech Grove, IN
I tried this first when it came in a little sample packet in a magazine about 3 years ago and I havent stopped using it since. I credit this cleanser to my skin clearing up. I have had acne for years and nothing helped until I used this product along with a salicylic acid moisturizer.

The cleanser itself doesnt have too weird of a scent, it has a slight charcoal scent which is slightly minty, so its refreshing and a little invigorating. It is a normal consistency and lathers up well. There are tiny exfoliators that gently exfoliate but it is not harsh at all. It doesnt irritate my skin i the slightest and leaves my face feeling so clean and refreshed.
Carrie B.
I bought this product a few months ago at a local pharmacy. I had been noticing alot more blackheads lately and someone suggested I try this paticular face wash. It was very well priced at 5.49$ and it did last more than a month, so it is very budget friendly. I tried it the night I bought it. My first impression was thinking it was easy to spread around since it is like a gel form. I use a washcloth when I wash my face as well, and scrub in tiny circles all over my face to exfoliate well of an evening after wearing make up all day. I gently wash with my figertips of a morning as its easier to just remove the oils from sleeping. I noticed it felt cool, but warm just a few seconds after applying it to my face. It’s the exact feeling of using a toner after washing. It was a very refreshing feeling!
After using it a few weeks, I happen to be scrolling through some pictures on my phone and noticed the difference in my skintone from ealier before using it. It was much brighter and the pores were visibly smaller! It has been everything I have been looking for for so long. I do not get acne and have a dryer skin, so a deep pore cleanser is perfect for my skin type. It leaves my skin baby smooth without it becoming too dry. I have been very pleased with this product and just bought my 3 bottle!
Melinda M.
Being a girl whose skin is prone to extreme hormonal acne, I tried anything and everything out there to try and keep my skin clean and less oily.  There are a lot of products out there that do the same, but I think that this product is different. It leaves my skin smooth and cleans up all the oil without drying my skin. After washing, it also helps reduce the redness of my acne. It helped prevent future breakouts as well. It is inexpensive for all the benefits, and I would recommend it to others; however, everyone's skin is different, so just because it may have worked for me, it may or may not work for others.
Melissa G.
Maurice, LA
I bought this because I've heard great things about charcoal and wanted to get it. I regret this purchase. It was buy 1 get free, about $4 for one, it was not worth it. It is a thick gel that doesn't foam up and really just sits on your face while you try to wash it. I use a Sonic facial cleaning brush with it and it removes my makeup but it's only because the brush is doing all of the work. If I try to use it alone, it doesn't work at all. It has not done anything to clean out my pores or prevent blackheads. I used this twice daily for an entire month with no results until I got my sonic brush. It also doesn't leave my face feeling clean at all. It has menthol so my face is left with a slight tingle but it's never felt clean after using this alone, the clean feeling I get is from my brush. I dont recommend this at all. Also, it barely has any charcoal at all. If you want a facial cleanser with charcoal, maybe get something with more in it and you'll get better results.
Anita C.
Richmond Hill, Ontario
Does this feel drying to the skin?
Michelle C.
Brownsville, ['', '', '']
Which do you think works better for blackheads the charcoal cleanser or the Biore strips. I've only used the strips but find I'm sore after .
Sophie R.
Adelaide, SA
How effective is the product for people with oily skin??
Chloe B.
Clayton, NC
Is this good for sensitive and dry skin?
Darienne T.
Miami Gardens, FL
How does this smell? Does it help with acne? How long before you saw results if so? Pros/cons?