BY BIORÉ #39 in Facial Cleansers

Skin acting up? Meet Charcoal. The secret weapon from the Bioré® Skincare Experts. Draw out and trap 2x more dirt and impurities than a basic cleanser with this innovative black cleanser that foams white and rinses clean. Infused with Japanese Skin Purifying Technology, this facial cleanser gives you results after just one use!

• Oil-Free
  • Dermatologist Tested
  • Gentle enough for everyday use
  • Great for oily skin

How to Use:

For optimal results use daily. Wet face. Pump cleanser into hands, gently work into a foam. Massage over entire face. Rinse thoroughly.

Cautions:

How it Works:

Draws out and traps 2x more dirt and impurities than a basic cleanser, purifying pores to leave your face deeply cleaned and your skin tingly-smooth.

Water, Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sorbitol, Laureth-­‐4 Carboxylic Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Acrylates/C10-­‐30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Methylparaben, Fragrance, Sodium Hydroxide, Menthol, Polyquaternium-­‐39, Disodium Edta, Propylparaben, Charcoal Powder, Mannitol, Cellulose, Iron Oxides, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Methylisothiazolinone, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose.

• Does this work well for blackheads on the nose or are there bette...3 Answers
  • Is this healthy for your face ? Is really good ?2 Answers
  • Does anyone else find it makes your skin dry in burns tingles Sen...3 Answers
Bioré Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser
  • "After receiving a free sample of both the Combination Balancing Cleanser & Pore Unclogging Scrub as a promotion from Biore's Facebook page, I began using them both regularly (I used the Cleanser once per day & the scrub twice per week to work with my slightly oily/combination skin which is also very sensitive & acne-prone). After about two weeks, my skin started reacting negatively to the Cleanser so I switched to my previous daily face wash, but I continued with the Pore Unclogging Scrub twice weekly. After my sample was empty, I bought a full bottle (so I must have liked it!) The new & improved Pore Unclogging Scrub (Biore recently re-released it, hence the free samples & new packaging) has a clean scent & creamy texture with small beads that aren't grainy like other scrubs I've tried. This is nice because if the granules are too tough they'll tear your skin which is harmful. The Scrub rinses cleanly & my skin physically feels clean after using it. It also doesn't inflame my skin which is sensitive to smells & has the occasional acne breakout. This product is great for all skin types but is especially perfect for oily/combination skin." in 693 reviews
Ashley J.
Sunrise, FL
I picked this up on a whim when I was purchasing a new package of Biore pore strips--I had never tried any of the other products in this line, but several coupons popped up and the price of this item and a couple of others seemed so good, that I just had to try them. I have very dry skin, but it is also extremely sensitive, so I have to be careful with new products. I think I finally have the dryness under control with a whole arsenal of serums and moisturizers, but I'm still trying to find the best cleanser (or combination of cleansers) for my face. I have enlarged pores on my nose and chin and I also have that slightly dimpled skin = peau d'orange on my chin which seems to be tied to blocked glands just under the surface. I have never been able to do anything about that and just figured I was stuck with it (and I've tried dozens and dozens of products from different brands and at many price points). I was concerned about the experiences some reviewers have had regarding rashes and breakouts, so I eased into using this slowly--tried it on my forearms first, and then just a small region of my face...never any problem, so I finally worked up to using this two or three times per week. It is a little too drying for me to use it every day. I've been using this cleanser for a couple of months and I like it a lot; my skin feels very clean and fresh after using it. I pretty much focus on the lower part of my face--cheeks, nose and chin and I avoid the region around my eyes. It is thick and feels a bit tingly; it foams up easily and rinses away easily. After the first few uses, I no longer bother using it on my forehead, since this area is very dry and pores are not a problem there, anyway. I use another, milder cleanser for my forehead and neck. Unexpectedly, I noticed that the appearance of the skin on my chin was slowly improving...the affected area is roughly half the size that it was before--I am hoping with continued use this problem that I have had for years and years finally resolves.Extremely pleased with this very reasonably priced product. I'm SO glad I tried this...I almost didn't--it certainly doesn't seem to work for everyone, but for me at least, it works great! I don't use very much at a time, and the bottle is pretty big--it will probably take me quite a while to use it up, but I plan to buy several bottles to have on hand as a backup just in case.
Kimberly C.
I can't rave enough about this cleanser. I personally STRUGGLE with blackheads and clogged pores and this product has really helped. I use this as my daily cleanser. I wash my face twice a day, wet my face with warm water (to open the pores), clean my face with the product and wash it off with cold water (to close the pores). It takes off all the dirt and oil I have built up throughout the day and nights. When your scrubbing your face the cleanser feels refreshing, it gets almost colder when you have it on, it just feels great and wakes you up. An entire bottle lasts me for a couple of months,I only take one one pump to clean my face. I strongly advice you to use a moisturizer after cleaning your face with this product because it does take off the majority of the oil on your face and your skin is going to need some hydration afterwards. I highly recommend this product!
Marissa T.
Stillwater, MN
Sooo the funny thing is. I’ve been buying it since it was a new product. I had a coupon from something and have been buying it ever since. I have not even changed cleansers until JUST recently. I don’t break out horribly so I’m not reliable for how it works for that. But maybe I don’t break out horribly simply because I’ve been using it for years? It doesn’t dry me out too much at all. I still need a moisturizer afterward but I feel like any and all cleansers do. The thing I will say, is that since I was about 14 I’ve had issues with an oily shoulder area thing. I got a little bit of what people call backne. I still kinda do even now. About once a week I’ll spread it on the back of my neck area and shoulders, and then use a scrubber brush over the cleanser to really get clean. It has helped those areas feel less oily and does work for breakouts there. I love this cleanser a lot. Been buying it for years!
Ashley H.
Big Stone Gap, VA
I purchased this cleanser after reading a review in a magazine saying how great it is for oily skin. I found it at Walmart for less than $6. It has a gel like texture that is black in color, but fades away when rubbing together. When I first started using it, it did give my skin a tingling sensation. I actually enjoy the feeling of it. My daughter however has sensitive skin and cannot handle it. This cleanser seems to do a great job getting my makeup off and cleaning my pores. It did take several weeks before I could tell a difference, but when it did take effect my skin did look clearer and not as oily at all. I use this every night in the shower. I’ve been using the same bottle for the past three months and use every single night so it does last a long time. I will but this again and again!
Naidelyn V.
Let me start off by saying this product specifically says it is for oily prone skin . I have such dry akin and in the winter it is even worse, however i never listen and do as i please regardless . I went and bought a bottle of this because i had heard so many great things from other individuals. I wont lie the first 3 days i brought out bad with this cleanser !!! Mind you i don’t have any acne or breakouts at all unless im on my period and thats only sometimes . Im guessing it was a reaction since i had never used the cleanser before but wow wow wowwwww this thing is absolutely amazing !!!!! I use it everyday to wash off my makeup now and i do not break out. It leaves my skin so soft and literally washes everything away with one pump of the cleanser . I will continue to repurchase this !
Ruby V.
Anaheim , CA
I have acne prone combo skin more oily and when I bought this I was going through a rough skin time lol when I tried it the first day I felt a fresh feelings while washing which I liked and the next day I didn’t wake up with a new spot and my other spots got a little smaller. I used it again and all hell broke lose. I kept breaking out more and more and I’m like This said in a week or something g it clears skin well I used it for a couple weeks and immediately returned it. It did nothing. I fell for temptation and bought it again a couple months after cause u know skin changes I change too and I learn how to “use” these face washes well the saaaaame thing happened so ISSA NO I’m like semi sensitive skin type but i wasn’t before
Shay M.
S Ozone Park, NY
Impulse buy: I purchased a two pack from BJ's for less than $10.  I have been using it for about two weeks and it's definitely been saving my skin. I do suffer from acne and for me this beauty helps to maintain a bump free skin. The packaging is cute, simple, clean, and easy to use. I double cleanse in each wash (morning and night), and it thoroughly cleanses my skin from a days wear of makeup, which is super important in a cleanser. It's refreshening on the skin,  doesn't spread the dirt around, doesn't leave a filmy consistency on the skin as some cleansers do, it foams up, and the application is not messy. Also, I have oily skin if that helps and have yet to experience any drying. I hope this helps someone.
amber f.
Beech Grove, IN
I tried this first when it came in a little sample packet in a magazine about 3 years ago and I havent stopped using it since. I credit this cleanser to my skin clearing up. I have had acne for years and nothing helped until I used this product along with a salicylic acid moisturizer.

The cleanser itself doesnt have too weird of a scent, it has a slight charcoal scent which is slightly minty, so its refreshing and a little invigorating. It is a normal consistency and lathers up well. There are tiny exfoliators that gently exfoliate but it is not harsh at all. It doesnt irritate my skin i the slightest and leaves my face feeling so clean and refreshed.
Melinda M.
Being a girl whose skin is prone to extreme hormonal acne, I tried anything and everything out there to try and keep my skin clean and less oily.  There are a lot of products out there that do the same, but I think that this product is different. It leaves my skin smooth and cleans up all the oil without drying my skin. After washing, it also helps reduce the redness of my acne. It helped prevent future breakouts as well. It is inexpensive for all the benefits, and I would recommend it to others; however, everyone's skin is different, so just because it may have worked for me, it may or may not work for others.
Melissa G.
Maurice, LA
I bought this because I've heard great things about charcoal and wanted to get it. I regret this purchase. It was buy 1 get free, about $4 for one, it was not worth it. It is a thick gel that doesn't foam up and really just sits on your face while you try to wash it. I use a Sonic facial cleaning brush with it and it removes my makeup but it's only because the brush is doing all of the work. If I try to use it alone, it doesn't work at all. It has not done anything to clean out my pores or prevent blackheads. I used this twice daily for an entire month with no results until I got my sonic brush. It also doesn't leave my face feeling clean at all. It has menthol so my face is left with a slight tingle but it's never felt clean after using this alone, the clean feeling I get is from my brush. I dont recommend this at all. Also, it barely has any charcoal at all. If you want a facial cleanser with charcoal, maybe get something with more in it and you'll get better results.
Anita C.
Richmond Hill, Ontario
Does this feel drying to the skin?
Michelle C.
Brownsville, ['', '', '']
Which do you think works better for blackheads the charcoal cleanser or the Biore strips. I've only used the strips but find I'm sore after .
Sophie R.
Adelaide, SA
How effective is the product for people with oily skin??
Chloe B.
Clayton, NC
Is this good for sensitive and dry skin?
Darienne T.
Miami Gardens, FL
How does this smell? Does it help with acne? How long before you saw results if so? Pros/cons?