BY BIORÉ #49 in Facial Cleansers

Skin acting up? Meet Charcoal. The secret weapon from the Bioré® Skincare Experts. Draw out and trap 2x more dirt and impurities than a basic cleanser with this innovative black cleanser that foams white and rinses clean. Infused with Japanese Skin Purifying Technology, this facial cleanser gives you results after just one use!

• Oil-Free
  • Dermatologist Tested
  • Gentle enough for everyday use
  • Great for oily skin

How to Use:

For optimal results use daily. Wet face. Pump cleanser into hands, gently work into a foam. Massage over entire face. Rinse thoroughly.

Cautions:

How it Works:

Draws out and traps 2x more dirt and impurities than a basic cleanser, purifying pores to leave your face deeply cleaned and your skin tingly-smooth.

Water, Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sorbitol, Laureth-­‐4 Carboxylic Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Acrylates/C10-­‐30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Methylparaben, Fragrance, Sodium Hydroxide, Menthol, Polyquaternium-­‐39, Disodium Edta, Propylparaben, Charcoal Powder, Mannitol, Cellulose, Iron Oxides, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Methylisothiazolinone, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose.

• Does this work well for blackheads on the nose or are the...4 Answers
  • Is this healthy for your face ? Is really good ?2 Answers
  • Does anyone else find it makes your skin dry in burns tin...4 Answers
Bioré Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser
  • "After receiving a free sample of both the Combination Balancing Cleanser & Pore Unclogging Scrub as a promotion from Biore's Facebook page, I began using them both regularly (I used the Cleanser once per day & the scrub twice per week to work with my slightly oily/combination skin which is also very sensitive & acne-prone). After about two weeks, my skin started reacting negatively to the Cleanser so I switched to my previous daily face wash, but I continued with the Pore Unclogging Scrub twice weekly. After my sample was empty, I bought a full bottle (so I must have liked it!) The new & improved Pore Unclogging Scrub (Biore recently re-released it, hence the free samples & new packaging) has a clean scent & creamy texture with small beads that aren't grainy like other scrubs I've tried. This is nice because if the granules are too tough they'll tear your skin which is harmful. The Scrub rinses cleanly & my skin physically feels clean after using it. It also doesn't inflame my skin which is sensitive to smells & has the occasional acne breakout. This product is great for all skin types but is especially perfect for oily/combination skin." in 693 reviews
Marissa T.
Stillwater, MN
Sooo the funny thing is. I’ve been buying it since it was a new product. I had a coupon from something and have been buying it ever since. I have not even changed cleansers until JUST recently. I don’t break out horribly so I’m not reliable for how it works for that. But maybe I don’t break out horribly simply because I’ve been using it for years? It doesn’t dry me out too much at all. I still need a moisturizer afterward but I feel like any and all cleansers do. The thing I will say, is that since I was about 14 I’ve had issues with an oily shoulder area thing. I got a little bit of what people call backne. I still kinda do even now. About once a week I’ll spread it on the back of my neck area and shoulders, and then use a scrubber brush over the cleanser to really get clean. It has helped those areas feel less oily and does work for breakouts there. I love this cleanser a lot. Been buying it for years!
Naidelyn V.
Let me start off by saying this product specifically says it is for oily prone skin . I have such dry akin and in the winter it is even worse, however i never listen and do as i please regardless . I went and bought a bottle of this because i had heard so many great things from other individuals. I wont lie the first 3 days i brought out bad with this cleanser !!! Mind you i don’t have any acne or breakouts at all unless im on my period and thats only sometimes . Im guessing it was a reaction since i had never used the cleanser before but wow wow wowwwww this thing is absolutely amazing !!!!! I use it everyday to wash off my makeup now and i do not break out. It leaves my skin so soft and literally washes everything away with one pump of the cleanser . I will continue to repurchase this !
Shay M.
S Ozone Park, NY
Impulse buy: I purchased a two pack from BJ's for less than $10.  I have been using it for about two weeks and it's definitely been saving my skin. I do suffer from acne and for me this beauty helps to maintain a bump free skin. The packaging is cute, simple, clean, and easy to use. I double cleanse in each wash (morning and night), and it thoroughly cleanses my skin from a days wear of makeup, which is super important in a cleanser. It's refreshening on the skin,  doesn't spread the dirt around, doesn't leave a filmy consistency on the skin as some cleansers do, it foams up, and the application is not messy. Also, I have oily skin if that helps and have yet to experience any drying. I hope this helps someone.
amber f.
Beech Grove, IN
I tried this first when it came in a little sample packet in a magazine about 3 years ago and I havent stopped using it since. I credit this cleanser to my skin clearing up. I have had acne for years and nothing helped until I used this product along with a salicylic acid moisturizer.

The cleanser itself doesnt have too weird of a scent, it has a slight charcoal scent which is slightly minty, so its refreshing and a little invigorating. It is a normal consistency and lathers up well. There are tiny exfoliators that gently exfoliate but it is not harsh at all. It doesnt irritate my skin i the slightest and leaves my face feeling so clean and refreshed.
Melinda M.
Being a girl whose skin is prone to extreme hormonal acne, I tried anything and everything out there to try and keep my skin clean and less oily.  There are a lot of products out there that do the same, but I think that this product is different. It leaves my skin smooth and cleans up all the oil without drying my skin. After washing, it also helps reduce the redness of my acne. It helped prevent future breakouts as well. It is inexpensive for all the benefits, and I would recommend it to others; however, everyone's skin is different, so just because it may have worked for me, it may or may not work for others.
Melissa G.
Maurice, LA
I bought this because I've heard great things about charcoal and wanted to get it. I regret this purchase. It was buy 1 get free, about $4 for one, it was not worth it. It is a thick gel that doesn't foam up and really just sits on your face while you try to wash it. I use a Sonic facial cleaning brush with it and it removes my makeup but it's only because the brush is doing all of the work. If I try to use it alone, it doesn't work at all. It has not done anything to clean out my pores or prevent blackheads. I used this twice daily for an entire month with no results until I got my sonic brush. It also doesn't leave my face feeling clean at all. It has menthol so my face is left with a slight tingle but it's never felt clean after using this alone, the clean feeling I get is from my brush. I dont recommend this at all. Also, it barely has any charcoal at all. If you want a facial cleanser with charcoal, maybe get something with more in it and you'll get better results.
Alexis E.
Rock Hill, SC
I have always loved products with charcoal, so when I needed a new cleanser, I was super excited to try this. I loved that it makes my face feel extremely clean without making it feel overly dry. I have very dry skin naturally, so face washes that dry it out badly is an issue I run into a lot. This, however, does not. My husband uses this also and didn’t like it at first. He has very oily skin, and he tends to breakout a lot. He said it didn’t dry out his skin enough. He’s been using it for a couple months now, and we can both see a huge difference in his face. It just looks healthier overall.
Megan B.
Puyallup, WA
Originally, I purchased this to be on trend with the charcoal obsession going around. I wanted to see what the hype was, but did not have the greatest of expectations. After one use (and pairing it with my Clarisonic), I was blown away and hooked. My pores were visibly smaller after only a few uses, and my skin felt so clean and tight. I found myself reaching for this cleanser every time, and it quickly replaced my other cleansers in my skincare routine.
The day that I ran out was a sad moment, and I quickly ran out to repurchase a replacement and an extra. I cannot recommend this product enough!
Brandi F.
Grayling
I use the bioré charcoal face wash everyday in the shower. My face feels SO clean & smooth. It doesn't leave me feeling oily & dirty like other products I've used. I have sensitive skin & have noticed certain products make my face break out more frequently but this product has done so well to help prevent breakouts & redness. I don't think I've ever found a product this well. A brand this well! I use bioré products the most out of any product because I love the quality! 10/10, highly recommend to everyone. It's also budget friendly & worth every penny.
Holly R.
Cincinnati, OH
I usually think charcoal cleansers are very gimmicky because black products are seen to be very trendy, and don't work very well. However, this cleanser is wonderful! It really does seem to help clean my clogged pores and leaves my face feeling very smooth and moisturized. This product did not seems to help get rid of my acne, just unclog pores but that is fine with me! I love this cleanser and how it makes my face feel.
Anita C.
Richmond Hill, Ontario
Does this feel drying to the skin?
Michelle C.
Brownsville, ['', '', '']
Which do you think works better for blackheads the charcoal cleanser or the Biore strips. I've only used the strips but find I'm sore after .
Sophie R.
Adelaide, SA
How effective is the product for people with oily skin??
Chloe B.
Clayton, NC
Is this good for sensitive and dry skin?
Darienne T.
Miami Gardens, FL
How does this smell? Does it help with acne? How long before you saw results if so? Pros/cons?