BY BIORÉ #48 in Facial Cleansers

Skin acting up? Meet Charcoal. The secret weapon from the Bioré® Skincare Experts. Draw out and trap 2x more dirt and impurities than a basic cleanser with this innovative black cleanser that foams white and rinses clean. Infused with Japanese Skin Purifying Technology, this facial cleanser gives you results after just one use!

• Oil-Free
  • Dermatologist Tested
  • Gentle enough for everyday use
  • Great for oily skin

How to Use:

For optimal results use daily. Wet face. Pump cleanser into hands, gently work into a foam. Massage over entire face. Rinse thoroughly.

Cautions:

How it Works:

Draws out and traps 2x more dirt and impurities than a basic cleanser, purifying pores to leave your face deeply cleaned and your skin tingly-smooth.

Water, Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sorbitol, Laureth-­‐4 Carboxylic Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Acrylates/C10-­‐30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Methylparaben, Fragrance, Sodium Hydroxide, Menthol, Polyquaternium-­‐39, Disodium Edta, Propylparaben, Charcoal Powder, Mannitol, Cellulose, Iron Oxides, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Methylisothiazolinone, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose.

• Does this work well for blackheads on the nose or are the...5 Answers
  • Is this healthy for your face ? Is really good ?2 Answers
  • Is this product a good comparison and/or dupe to the Bosc...2 Answers
Bioré Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser
  • "After receiving a free sample of both the Combination Balancing Cleanser & Pore Unclogging Scrub as a promotion from Biore's Facebook page, I began using them both regularly (I used the Cleanser once per day & the scrub twice per week to work with my slightly oily/combination skin which is also very sensitive & acne-prone). After about two weeks, my skin started reacting negatively to the Cleanser so I switched to my previous daily face wash, but I continued with the Pore Unclogging Scrub twice weekly. After my sample was empty, I bought a full bottle (so I must have liked it!) The new & improved Pore Unclogging Scrub (Biore recently re-released it, hence the free samples & new packaging) has a clean scent & creamy texture with small beads that aren't grainy like other scrubs I've tried. This is nice because if the granules are too tough they'll tear your skin which is harmful. The Scrub rinses cleanly & my skin physically feels clean after using it. It also doesn't inflame my skin which is sensitive to smells & has the occasional acne breakout. This product is great for all skin types but is especially perfect for oily/combination skin." in 693 reviews
Emily K.
Frederick, MD
I was very disappointed with this product for a lot of reasons. I understand that charcoal is supposed to be a very important step in cleaning your face and preventing breakouts, and I really tried to give this product the benefit of the doubt. Obviously, your skin goes through stages, especially when you have acne and are trying to get rid of the acne. It is not a fun time-- nor is it going to be overnight. This charcoal cleanser made me break out even MORE than I already was, and I gave this cleanser a good 2-3 week trial before I realized that it was not doing anything for my skin other than stressing me out even more. I have fallen in love with so many other cleansers that really treat my skin and make my skin feel fresh. The smell of the product was not bad, nor did it feel bad on my face-- after washing, it was definitely cooling and I did like that factor. This cleanser gave me a really bad time, and maybe it was drying out my face TOO much considering I do have sensitive/dryer skin. If you have sensitive or dry skin, I would definitely NOT recommend this product to you. It was so disappointing, because I do love Biore and I do support their other products-- but this was just a major let down.
Marilu C.
United States
I only put one star because I had to. I do NOT suggest this product for anyone with sensitive skin. This product buned my face and since it had soo much bubbles while washing it was superrrr hard to wash off completely! It was the worst experience of my life. Please don't use I called the company and they just gave my a coupon for another product. Which after this experience I didn't want anymore of their product's. I've used other face washes and NEVER had this issue so I know it was this product. This was my face and yes in the picture I still had the water from how many times I kept having to rinse the bubbles residues!
Zeenat M.
Memphis, TN
I LOVEE this product. I bought it to see what the hype was about. It’s so cheap and is my new favorite cleanser! I can’t go a day without it! I’ve also bought the equate brand so save a few bucks and it works the same. I use a St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Body Scrub first to get all the dead skin off and the this to get deep in my pores to get the crap I missed. My oily skin is instantly healed and my skin is sooooo soft and bright. My mild acne has gone away too. I love how it tingles your pores so you know it’s working. I’ve recommended this to every man and woman I know!
Savannah T.
Westerville, OH
I’ve used this product for almost a year now, and I just recently switched to something else. The product itself is almost like a gel consistency, it doesn’t smell bad and it is a fairly good price. I personally thought this product was great. But there are some “eh’s,” to it. When you first begin to use it, it feels amazing. Your face feels so fresh and you feel like every pore and dirt particle is just completely swept out. But after an extended period of use you don’t really get that feeling anymore, and it mostly just feels like a normal face wash. It did keep my acne down (considering I have very sensitive skin,) overall the product was great, just a matter of after a while it doesn’t have the same affect.
Shay M.
S Ozone Park, NY
Impulse buy: I purchased a two pack from BJ's for less than $10.  I have been using it for about two weeks and it's definitely been saving my skin. I do suffer from acne and for me this beauty helps to maintain a bump free skin. The packaging is cute, simple, clean, and easy to use. I double cleanse in each wash (morning and night), and it thoroughly cleanses my skin from a days wear of makeup, which is super important in a cleanser. It's refreshening on the skin,  doesn't spread the dirt around, doesn't leave a filmy consistency on the skin as some cleansers do, it foams up, and the application is not messy. Also, I have oily skin if that helps and have yet to experience any drying. I hope this helps someone.
amber f.
Beech Grove, IN
I tried this first when it came in a little sample packet in a magazine about 3 years ago and I havent stopped using it since. I credit this cleanser to my skin clearing up. I have had acne for years and nothing helped until I used this product along with a salicylic acid moisturizer.

The cleanser itself doesnt have too weird of a scent, it has a slight charcoal scent which is slightly minty, so its refreshing and a little invigorating. It is a normal consistency and lathers up well. There are tiny exfoliators that gently exfoliate but it is not harsh at all. It doesnt irritate my skin i the slightest and leaves my face feeling so clean and refreshed.
Melinda M.
Being a girl whose skin is prone to extreme hormonal acne, I tried anything and everything out there to try and keep my skin clean and less oily.  There are a lot of products out there that do the same, but I think that this product is different. It leaves my skin smooth and cleans up all the oil without drying my skin. After washing, it also helps reduce the redness of my acne. It helped prevent future breakouts as well. It is inexpensive for all the benefits, and I would recommend it to others; however, everyone's skin is different, so just because it may have worked for me, it may or may not work for others.
Melissa G.
MAURICE, LA
I bought this because I've heard great things about charcoal and wanted to get it. I regret this purchase. It was buy 1 get free, about $4 for one, it was not worth it. It is a thick gel that doesn't foam up and really just sits on your face while you try to wash it. I use a Sonic facial cleaning brush with it and it removes my makeup but it's only because the brush is doing all of the work. If I try to use it alone, it doesn't work at all. It has not done anything to clean out my pores or prevent blackheads. I used this twice daily for an entire month with no results until I got my sonic brush. It also doesn't leave my face feeling clean at all. It has menthol so my face is left with a slight tingle but it's never felt clean after using this alone, the clean feeling I get is from my brush. I dont recommend this at all. Also, it barely has any charcoal at all. If you want a facial cleanser with charcoal, maybe get something with more in it and you'll get better results.
Alexis E.
Rock Hill, SC
I have always loved products with charcoal, so when I needed a new cleanser, I was super excited to try this. I loved that it makes my face feel extremely clean without making it feel overly dry. I have very dry skin naturally, so face washes that dry it out badly is an issue I run into a lot. This, however, does not. My husband uses this also and didn’t like it at first. He has very oily skin, and he tends to breakout a lot. He said it didn’t dry out his skin enough. He’s been using it for a couple months now, and we can both see a huge difference in his face. It just looks healthier overall.
Megan B.
Puyallup, WA
Originally, I purchased this to be on trend with the charcoal obsession going around. I wanted to see what the hype was, but did not have the greatest of expectations. After one use (and pairing it with my Clarisonic), I was blown away and hooked. My pores were visibly smaller after only a few uses, and my skin felt so clean and tight. I found myself reaching for this cleanser every time, and it quickly replaced my other cleansers in my skincare routine.
The day that I ran out was a sad moment, and I quickly ran out to repurchase a replacement and an extra. I cannot recommend this product enough!
Evelyn V.
Does it create dry skin?
Mandy M.
Rock Hill, SC
How well does this work with dry skin?
Lyn Z.
Cleveland, OH
I'm interested in trying this product where should I go to purchase??
Ashley W.
Has anyone else's face broke out really bad? I feel like I had more blackheads than I began with!
Samantha G.
Toronto, ON
Does this actually work or do strips work better?

back