BY BIORÉ #81 in Facial Cleansers

• Clears acne in just 2 days
  • Salicylic Acid Treatment
  • Penetrates pores to control and prevent the development of new acne blemishes
  • Skin Purifying Technology
  • Oil free
  • Dermatologist tested

Warnings:

Purpose: Acne Treatment.

Use: For the treatment of acne.

Store At Room Temperature

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid.

Inactive Ingredients:

• I recently but this product and I am absolutely in love with it! ...1 Answers
  • Favorite drugstore face wash?? Mine is Bioré Charcoal Acne Cleari...3 Answers
  • I love this face wash. It helps with my oily dry skin. Does anyon...2 Answers
Buy on Jet.com*
Ashley J.
Sunrise, FL
I picked this up on a whim when I was purchasing a new package of Biore pore strips--I had never tried any of the other products in this line, but several coupons popped up and the price of this item and a couple of others seemed so good, that I just had to try them. I have very dry skin, but it is also extremely sensitive, so I have to be careful with new products. I think I finally have the dryness under control with a whole arsenal of serums and moisturizers, but I'm still trying to find the best cleanser (or combination of cleansers) for my face. I have enlarged pores on my nose and chin and I also have that slightly dimpled skin = peau d'orange on my chin which seems to be tied to blocked glands just under the surface. I have never been able to do anything about that and just figured I was stuck with it (and I've tried dozens and dozens of products from different brands and at many price points). I was concerned about the experiences some reviewers have had regarding rashes and breakouts, so I eased into using this slowly--tried it on my forearms first, and then just a small region of my face...never any problem, so I finally worked up to using this two or three times per week. It is a little too drying for me to use it every day. I've been using this cleanser for a couple of months and I like it a lot; my skin feels very clean and fresh after using it. I pretty much focus on the lower part of my face--cheeks, nose and chin and I avoid the region around my eyes. It is thick and feels a bit tingly; it foams up easily and rinses away easily. After the first few uses, I no longer bother using it on my forehead, since this area is very dry and pores are not a problem there, anyway. I use another, milder cleanser for my forehead and neck. Unexpectedly, I noticed that the appearance of the skin on my chin was slowly improving...the affected area is roughly half the size that it was before--I am hoping with continued use this problem that I have had for years and years finally resolves.Extremely pleased with this very reasonably priced product. I'm SO glad I tried this...I almost didn't--it certainly doesn't seem to work for everyone, but for me at least, it works great! I don't use very much at a time, and the bottle is pretty big--it will probably take me quite a while to use it up, but I plan to buy several bottles to have on hand as a backup just in case.
Kelly M.
San Juan Capo, CA
I have used the Biore pore strips multiple times in the past with great results so I was a bit curious as to how well this cleanser would work. I ended up picking this up at Walmart for my son and he has seen great acne clearing results from it. He is 13 and is at that age where acne starts showing up. He started using this cleanser, and I would say it started clearing up the majority of his acne within a week or so. I myself have had a bad breakout recently and I started using it as well. This product helped to reduce and soothe my existing acne, but since I had more of a cystic acne type breakout it took a little bit longer for it to clear it up compared to my son’s acne. The cleanser itself is charcoal black, and it contains a small amount of exfoliating particles, which work well for gentle exfoliation. If left on the skin for a few seconds you start to feel a cool/tingly sensation, which is quite soothing especially on very sore cystic acne. Both my son and I did not experience any drying or skin irritation with this product, which is great because our skin can be a bit sensitive to facial cleansers at times. It is a powerful cleanser that works well at clearing/reducing acne, yet it is gentle enough to use 2x a day or more. It comes with a pump, which makes it very easy to use, and you get a fairly decent amount of product (6.77 FL OZ) for about $6.50. There are several other products in this line that I would like to give a try since I liked this cleanser so much. I would highly recommend this product to anyone who is in need of a great facial cleanser and who suffer from mild to severe acne.
Kathy B.
Luthersburg, PA
this is the worst facial product i have EVER used and I would give it 0 stars if i could. It is the most harsh facial cleanser I have ever used in my entire life.. my boyfriend bought it and i saw it in the shower so i was like okkk lets give this a try!! BOY DO I REGRET IT! I got out of the shower and my face starting burning so badly.. like horribly.. the worst pain I have ever felt on my face. it felt worse than the time my face got sunburned so badly that it blistered. worse than that. it looked like I had been in the sun without sunscreen for an entire week, it was sooooo red. then I could feel my face start swelling up. my lips started swelling and I started to freak out a little. it stung SO BADLY! my boyfriend came in and found me in tears and was like oh no hunny did you use the biore that stuff is tough and burns, so clearly he had the same outcome I did with this product, just not as severe. I dont know if i am allergic to it or what... but I took a benadryl and the swelling went down and the pain went away. but seriously, do not waste your money on a product that hurts SO BADLY! don't do it!
Ariel W.
Pretty good face wash! It helped to minimize the look of pores and clear most of my blackheads (I️ had lots). I️ like how it tingles a little on your face to show you it’s working (the dirtier your face, the more it hurts -when I️ first got it it hurt pretty bad). I️ read some bad reviews that it made people break out but it didn’t do that for me. I️ think it depends on your skin type (I️ have oily skin with some redness and blackheads but I️ don’t have that much acne problems).
Aileen H.
Windsor Mill, MD
This Biore cleanser does a very good job at cleansing the face, especially if you have been wearing makeup for the day. It has a tingly sensation which leaves the skin feeling fresh and clean after washing it off. The pump is very convenient as you can easily control the amount of product dispensed, especially because you only need less than half a pump for your entire face.The only downside to this product is that it had left my skin feeling dry a couple of times. However, this can be quickly solved with a face moisturizer. As this product only requires a small amount each time, the bottle lasts quite long and is great value for money! A quick tip - use a small amount and massage into your face until it foams up!
Crystal F.
I've tried so many different face washes and none have helped remove pimples and keep my face clear like this does. This immediately leaves your face feeling soft and deep down clean. I'm not big on the smell of this, but it could be worse. If you're looking for a face wash that helps treat/prevent pimples while providing a deep clean, then this is the product for you.
Victoria C.
I bought this because the price was so good and I have used charcoal products before that worked, but after trying this for a week or so I don't think I will repurchase much less finish the bottle. The texture is nice and it's great for exfoliating, but this is NOT for every day use. I used this every other day or every third day and my face still felt over exfoliated and dry and my oily skin was flaking and scaling up after using this. I wanted to like this so much, but my skin reacted badly to it. I have used charcoal bar soap before for my acne and noticed my skin clear up within days, but the bar soap just isn't practical and I feel that a lot of product is wasted that way. I wanted a bottled liquid version that I could use in and out of the shower. The packaging on this product is great, but I just couldn't get past how my sin reacted
Mallory C.
Kingsville, OH
I did not like this at all!! Mind you I don’t have sensitive skin but this just burned my skin in the shower. It was one of those face products where it feels cold when it’s on and just burns your skin a little bit. It also left it a little dry feeling afterwards. There are better cleansers out there.
Rebekah N.
Winterset
I give this product one star because instead of clearing my skin, it made my skin break out in CYSTIC ACNE. I don’t have cystic acne so this is a nightmare for me. The moment I put the cleanser on my face, it made my face start burning and horrifically breaking out. After a few days, my face is still a burning red although it has gone down a little. I don’t know if it’s because I have sensitive skin, if I’m allergic to salicylic acid, or what. I wanted to try something different and this was cheaper than the normal products I use. I have gone back to using a cream benzoyl peroxide treatment which actually clears my skin without leaving it a burning red, and it seems to be helping. If you have sensitive skin, I would not recommend at all.  Bioré Charcoal Acne Clearing Cleanser
Felicity J.
Douglas
When using this product the key is consistency. I used this everyday for a week and my face was clear of ance. I am prone to getting acne in my T-zone and cheeks. This cleared my skin up and leaves a cool refreshing feeling afterwards. The only thing that you need after using this is a good moisturizer because it dries your skin out. But other than that it's a recommended product.
courtney p.