BY BIORÉ #42 in Facial Cleansers

Absorbs oil & clears breakouts.

• Favorite drugstore face wash?? Mine is Biore® Charcoal Acne Clear...3 Answers
  • I love this face wash. It helps with my oily dry skin. Does anyon...2 Answers
  • Is it normal after the first few days to break out which I usuall...3 Answers
Buy on Jet.com*
Kelly M.
San Juan Capo, CA
I have used the Biore pore strips multiple times in the past with great results so I was a bit curious as to how well this cleanser would work. I ended up picking this up at Walmart for my son and he has seen great acne clearing results from it. He is 13 and is at that age where acne starts showing up. He started using this cleanser, and I would say it started clearing up the majority of his acne within a week or so. I myself have had a bad breakout recently and I started using it as well. This product helped to reduce and soothe my existing acne, but since I had more of a cystic acne type breakout it took a little bit longer for it to clear it up compared to my son’s acne. The cleanser itself is charcoal black, and it contains a small amount of exfoliating particles, which work well for gentle exfoliation. If left on the skin for a few seconds you start to feel a cool/tingly sensation, which is quite soothing especially on very sore cystic acne. Both my son and I did not experience any drying or skin irritation with this product, which is great because our skin can be a bit sensitive to facial cleansers at times. It is a powerful cleanser that works well at clearing/reducing acne, yet it is gentle enough to use 2x a day or more. It comes with a pump, which makes it very easy to use, and you get a fairly decent amount of product (6.77 FL OZ) for about $6.50. There are several other products in this line that I would like to give a try since I liked this cleanser so much. I would highly recommend this product to anyone who is in need of a great facial cleanser and who suffer from mild to severe acne.
Alicia L.
Albuquerque
Compared to other charcoal cleansers I have used I will say this is right up there with a BIG name brand people are talking about a lot lately. As for the drugstore, I would say this is the best charcoal cleanser I have used. The one by another big drugstore name was just useless. I did not feel it cleansed all that well and definitely not deep pore cleansing for sure. It also made my skin oilier. Biore is in a pump bottle which makes it very convenient to use, it does not make a huge mess all over my bathroom like some charcoal cleansers do. It really removes my face makeup well, with the only exception of my waterproof mascara which it does remove well just sometimes there will be the slightest smudges left under my eyes which my baby oil takes care of quickly. I love that it provides a fresh cooling sensation, it is not overwhelming at all just a slightly cool feeling. I love this feeling on my skin. I am glad that it is not intense and does not become so cool that it hurts to rinse with water on your face like some do. This one is just the right amount. It makes me feel fresh in the morning and clean and soothed for bed. It doesn't clear my blemishes but I do see it helping in preventing them by cleansing the skin well. My complexion is starting to look a bit brighter with continued use. I do wish it actually did something for my oil but it sadly does not.
Erin H.
San Francisco, CA
I’m so confused about this product.
When I first used it, my skin was extremely flushed red and irritated. I put it down for a while and came back to it months later.
When I started using it again, because I had no other cleanser, I felt pretty good about it. It made my skin feel clean but slightly irritated. In the beginning it was pretty drying around my nose and mouth, so i couldn’t use it without moisturizer. After a while, it’s like my skin got used to it?

Overall I can’t say I noticed that this specifically helped my acne.

These are two photos of my acne almost exactly a year apart. After many trial runs and sample bottles I feel like I haven’t come very far.
I’m struggling with this and can’t help but feel bummed at the lack of progress I’ve made. Definitely will be switching cleansers and changing things up in the new year. Open to recommendations.

Might buy again if I have no other option, but hasn’t really provided the results I’m desperately looking for.
Kathy B.
Luthersburg, PA
this is the worst facial product i have EVER used and I would give it 0 stars if i could. It is the most harsh facial cleanser I have ever used in my entire life.. my boyfriend bought it and i saw it in the shower so i was like okkk lets give this a try!! BOY DO I REGRET IT! I got out of the shower and my face starting burning so badly.. like horribly.. the worst pain I have ever felt on my face. it felt worse than the time my face got sunburned so badly that it blistered. worse than that. it looked like I had been in the sun without sunscreen for an entire week, it was sooooo red. then I could feel my face start swelling up. my lips started swelling and I started to freak out a little. it stung SO BADLY! my boyfriend came in and found me in tears and was like oh no hunny did you use the biore that stuff is tough and burns, so clearly he had the same outcome I did with this product, just not as severe. I dont know if i am allergic to it or what... but I took a benadryl and the swelling went down and the pain went away. but seriously, do not waste your money on a product that hurts SO BADLY! don't do it!
Aileen H.
Windsor Mill, MD
This Biore cleanser does a very good job at cleansing the face, especially if you have been wearing makeup for the day. It has a tingly sensation which leaves the skin feeling fresh and clean after washing it off. The pump is very convenient as you can easily control the amount of product dispensed, especially because you only need less than half a pump for your entire face.The only downside to this product is that it had left my skin feeling dry a couple of times. However, this can be quickly solved with a face moisturizer. As this product only requires a small amount each time, the bottle lasts quite long and is great value for money! A quick tip - use a small amount and massage into your face until it foams up!
Karina R.
Freeport, NY
This soap is excellent for anyone with oil skin and black heads! Its super cold so your skin feel tightened after you rise it off and dry. It helped me with my blacks heads. I love that its a smooth charcoal soap and not gritty. My skin is sensitive so even a little grit hurts if I use it. It also smells really good and it lasts forever because only one pump is needed for the whole face! It also is not that expensive so it's a great buy.
Victoria C.
I bought this because the price was so good and I have used charcoal products before that worked, but after trying this for a week or so I don't think I will repurchase much less finish the bottle. The texture is nice and it's great for exfoliating, but this is NOT for every day use. I used this every other day or every third day and my face still felt over exfoliated and dry and my oily skin was flaking and scaling up after using this. I wanted to like this so much, but my skin reacted badly to it. I have used charcoal bar soap before for my acne and noticed my skin clear up within days, but the bar soap just isn't practical and I feel that a lot of product is wasted that way. I wanted a bottled liquid version that I could use in and out of the shower. The packaging on this product is great, but I just couldn't get past how my sin reacted
Aly h.
So I've had trouble skin for awhile I started breaking out on my cheeks, large pores, oily skin I've tried other products but this here works wonders!! I love the way it cleans my pores I can feel them open and my face is super clean! It help with my pores, and I'm less oily!!! For a cheap price you get a lot of product, and I love how it has a pump, the smell is like citrus or something to me. Give it a try!!
Julia R.
Topeka
I WAS SO EXCITED TO USE THIS BECAUSE I WAS SO SURE THAT IT WOULD WORK BUT DO YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENED? MY FACE TURNED SO RED AND ITCHY AND SOOOOOOO DRY FOR D A Y S. Literally I’ve never had skin THAT dry. I was absolutely miserable. Soo I’m just going to say that it is was too harsh on my skin lmao. It did make my face feel nice for awhile though. Like right after use. Tingly and minty. But yeah.. drying.
Maria R.
ave maria, FL
ive been using this facial cleanser for about a year now and it’s nice, but it’s not spectacular. the price of it is nice and you can get it almost anywhere, but it just didn’t do everything i was hoping for. it did bring down my acne a little, but not as much as it promised.
courtney p.
courtney p.
Lacy W.
Miller, MO
Sabrina S.
Canyon Cntry, CA
Karen S.
Does this leave your skin feeling dry?