BY BIORÉ #13 in Face Scrubs

Got combination skin? This easy-to-use, powder-to-foam formula with natural baking soda is effective at removing dirt and oil, but gentle on skin. Dial up or dial down this scrub's intensity by adding water.

• pH Balanced Formula
  • Oil-Free
  • Dermatologist Tested
  • Powder Scrub Activates with Water

How to Use:

Wet face. Dispense a quarter sized amount of powder into hands. Add water to activate the cleanser. More water will soften cleansing action. Massage over entire face. Rinse thoroughly.

Cautions:

Avoid eye contact. If contact occours, rinse thoroughly with water. Do not apply to broken skin. Discontinue use if rash or irritation occours. Keep out of reach of children.

How it Works:

This concentrated powder scrub with natural baking soda gently cleanses pores 2.5x better versus a basic cleanser, while exfoliating without overscrubbing. Best if used 2-3 times a week.

Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Citric Acid, Sodium Carboxymethyl Starch, Silica, Panthenol, Sodium Citrate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Fragrance, Menthol.

• Bioré Baking Soda Cleansing Scrub what do you think about...1 Answers
  • Baking soda is a good exfoliater on its own, how is this ...2 Answers
  • How does this differ from regular baking soda? Is it wort...2 Answers
Reviews (1962)
  • "I bought this a few weeks ago and I really like it. A little powder goes a long way. I put maybe a quarter size on my palm and use a couple drops of water so I can keep it thick. I have sensitive skin and I've had no problems with it. My skin feels very smooth and clean after it. However, it does feel a little dry afterwards so I'll put lotion on in spots, but that may be because it's winter outside and all the air is dry. May not be the actual product causing that. Not sure. I do think this is a great product they added to their line. " in 34 reviews
Rachel N.
The baking soda in this Biore scrub gets deep into your pores removing dirt and oils. The texture goes from a powder to a foamy substance. Just add water to the scrub until you get the texture that works for you. I love that while scrubbing, it eventually dissolves to prevent you from over scrubbing! So it's gentle on the skin and great for keeping your face looking clean and feeling refreshed. It clears acne and blackheads like magic. Don't use it on broken skin unless you want to irritate it. It's best if you use it 2-3 times a week instead of everday. You can apply a moisturizer after use for dry skin if needed. I think it's way better than most cleansers and it leaves your skin feeling softer after just a few uses! Overall this is a great cleansing scrub and I'd definitely recommend you try it if you haven't already.
H Y.
Thanks to @bioreus for sending me this free product to to try; I have been using this product both day and night for the past 3 weeks or so. Due to constant weather changes, I have a couple dry patches on my face & this product seems to help with my dry patches. This product also keeps any oils I may have in check.
This product is a powder form which dissolves into a foamy consistency once water is added. What I like about this product is that you can control the “abrasiveness” of the exfoliant by adding more or less water to the powder. One con I do have is that it leaves a filmy feel on my face as I rinse, so I always feel as if I haven’t rinsed off the product completely (even though I have). There's a citric scent & a slight cooling feel on the face. Overall, while I enjoy using this product, I don’t think there’s anything particularly special about it.
Katie C.
Winter Haven
I received a full-sized free sample of   Bioré Baking Soda Cleansing Scrub from PinchMe and was very skeptical because I'd never used a powdered cleansing scrub before. What I liked most about this product was that you could determine the consistency of the facial cleanser by controlling the amount of water added to the powder. Listening to my skin, some days I needed a thicker scrub to exfoliate my dry skin while other days I would add a little extra water to create a thinner cleanser to eliminate grime and dirt. I also feel like the less water you add to the powder the harsher the chemicals feel on the face, so if you have sensitive skin, you can alter the product to fit to your personal skin care needs. I find that after washing the cleanser off my face is a little on the dry side but since I use a facial moisturizer it didn't bother me as much. I'd definitely recommend this to my friends and be willing to purchase again.
hannah M.
Clayton
I struggle with large clogged pores and black heads on and around my nose. This cleanser not only made my face feel so much more clean, but I could immediately see the difference in my pores. The clogged pores weren’t as dark anymore. This isn’t a permanent solution to clogged pores, but it definitely makes a difference, especially in the freshness feeling of your face. Only other thing is is I would recommend moisturizing well after you use it! It can make your face feel very dry. Definitely will continue using this product!
Briana C.
Louisville, KY
I love this product. It makes my skin feel super smooth, so smooth that my husband actually noticed. I have been using it for quite sometime I think I am like 6th bottle and I use it in rotation with the Biore Charcoal wash as well. I have read articles that the baking soda face washes are actually terrible for your skin but I have found that if I don't ever use this product I get great results. I use about 3 or 4 times a week and I pretty much always use it before a big event or night out. It gives my skins a little extra smoothness that I crave when I am putting on full coverage make up. I'm happy with it. If I have a hormonal break out I tend to stick with the less abrasive Charcoal face wash as a cystic zit doesn't respond well to the exfoliating power of the baking soda. Overall this product comes through when I need it to. I just have to be aware of my schedule and stick to my routine. I recommend this product to everyone who is looking for an exfoliate but remind them moderation is key.
Frances G.
El Paso, TX
I thought this would help me with removing the everyday dirt and oil form my face but it just felt like I was scrubbing my face dry. I will give it that you can control how much product and water you can mix to make it your own but for me it irritated my skin more than ever! I don't have sensitive skin at all but with this I had to stop using so my face could go back to normal. I ended up throwing whatever I had left out. I would not buy again, I definitely wouldn't recommend this to someone that has sensitive skin.
Venetia F.
Las Vegas
This is hands down my favorite cleanser at the moment! It's gentle enough for my sensitive skin but harsh enough to get all the gunk out of my skin. I've repurchased this product twice in the past two years & am about to purchase my third bottle. The packaging is very sensible but could be a little more sturdy. Regardless of the packaging though, i'll continue to be a loyal user! I recommend to everyone with all skin types too. It's hands down the best!
Shay L.
Palmdale, CA
Used this product for a while, has a nice scrub, and love the thought that it has baking soda on it. It does dry your blackheads out (face). So I wouldn’t recommend leaving it on for long period of time. I found it works best when I steam my face in the shower apply the product, bathe and then rub and rinse off.. I found the one in the push top (liquid form) to be easier to use. And won’t get in your eyes or stay on your eyebrows like the powder form does.
Olivia C.
This scrub is a powder that turns into an exfoliating cleanser when wet. The packaging is nice and easy to use. It feels envigorating and refreshing on the skin. It leaves a tingling sensation which I enjoy. Seems like it gets deep into the pores for a thourough clean. It is very gentle at removing excess dry skin and leaves the skin looking radiant. I have already purchased another one, I love it so much and you can’t beat the price!
Carolina A.
Los Angeles, CA
The product smells nice & the fact that it's water activated makes it really fun to use. My face felt fresh, clean, & smooth after using it, & it didn't dry my face which was great. For cleaning, I felt that it did clean my face, but not to the degree I wanted it to & especially given that it's suppose to free your pores. I wouldn't get it again because it didn't meet my expectation, but overall its still a good cleanser.
Kate J.
W Barnstable, MA
Did this feel like it was burning your face when you used It? I love the charcoal face cleanser biore makes but this one really hurt my skin.
Maria K.
Alameda, CA
I want to buy this product soon, I've heard good things! Think it would be gentle enough for someone on acne medication?
Kassandra C.
Tempe, AZ
What does this product actually do? I've been very curious to try this one out but my skin is very sensitive and I do not want to risk it
Angela S.
Do people recommend alternating this with a more powerful cleaner for those of us with bad acne?
Zo G.
im tired of surching for a good scrub is this one good ? i have an oily skin with acne