BY GENERIC

Bigen Permanent Powder Hair Color: No ammonia No hydrogen peroxide required see more...

• How well does this product work on natural hair? 1 Answers
alexis j.
New britain, Connecticut
Isn't this suppose to be for people who usually have allergic reactions to normal hair dye? I guess not because I dyed my mom's hair with this, she was very scared because last time she dyed her hair it was horrible. My mother got a very bad allergic reaction. Her face swelled. rash as well and her ears are blistering and leaking. This has been going on for more than two weeks. I recommend this product to people who haven't experienced any allergic reactions before. But, the color did come out well.
By far not my favorite, is really only good as a touch up to revitalize color. Only works well for color changes if you stay within one to two shades of current color
Kathy T.
Sacramento, CA
Review for: 59 Oriental
A truly black color. I love this color, it is the blackest there is and very easy to apply, but can be a little messy. It makes my hair look and feel very healthy.  It does not wash out, so be aware if you're gonna bleach it after dying it dark. I plan on buying blue black instead.
Bianca S.
Though my hair is dark on its own I like to keep my hair as blackest black as possible. I started dying my hair at about 11-12 and quickly found that after just a few uses of typical chemical-heavy dyes my hair would no longer take their color. I'm not sure how I stumbled upon Bigen but once I tried out their Oriental black color I was hooked. First off, this black is a deep, intense color that seems to stick to the inside o the hair. Secondly, I couldn't get enough of the smell. It smelled like plants all smushed up in the rain (which is almost a perfect description of it). My hair no longer needed a "toxic" sign and I could luxuriate in the smell forever. Once I washed out the dye I could swear my hair felt hydrated and so soft and shiny. I use Bigen still and because it has been so long that I've used it the length of my hair that has had years of treatments will not fade, bleach, or dye any other color. I basically re-dye to keep up on roots and sun lightened hair (the only thing that seems to tragically defeat this supper black color). If you want a dye that is going to give you exactly the color it shows on the box, doesn't smell like a toxic dump, and makes your hair feel amazing, then Bigen dyes are perfect to try.
angie T.
West Orange, NJ
I found after mixing equal parts of tab water (not hot) and equal parts of Bigen powder mix, the mixture becomes somewhat pasty. I applied the mixed color to my hair, the pasty condensity of the color made for easy application and help the color to stay in place. Afterwards, I rinsed and shampooed my hair. Bigen gave me true chocolate hair color. It really matched my roots very well, making my color look very natural. Also, I noticed the longer you leave the color on the darker the color becomes. I recommend only leaving the color on for the recommended time, if you want the true color. Additionally Bigen covers gray very well, you may have to leave it on a little longer on for the grays but overall it covers quite well. After about four to six weeks color is still true.
dawn C.
Was starting to lose a lot of hair, and although I don't blow dry, flat iron or rarely use anything in my hair, dying my hair monthly was the ONE thing I do religiously! was actually looking for henna hair dye and came across this.. it is a bit of a process...im used to liquid dye.. but, was happily surprised at the coverage and color! since I only do my roots, I only used half! money saver on top of it! and no harsh chemicals! yes!!!!
Patricia D.
Yuma, Arizona
Bigen is a powdered permanent hair color, no ammonia or metallic ingredients, no hydrogen peroxide. Just mix with water, it has a great smell. I have used this off and on for about 20 years, it was recommended to my mom by her oncologist as the safest to use while she was undergoing chemo. It's very affordable about $4 at Walmart or $ at Sally's Beauty Supply
BRIDGETTE W.
I love this product. I use it on my mother who is going gray. Gray hair is course and unmanageable and it tends not to absorb hair color well. But this is the real deal. It colored evenly without the green tinge gray hair sometimes get. It is a bit messy to mix but overall good.
Sabrina C.
Hillside, NJ
I remember my grandmother sending me to the store to buy this for her to color her hair. You couldn't tell her nothing when she had her fresh Bigen color and curls. The color was always rich and covered her grays fully.
Shana G.
Dallas, TX
Great cheap dye. It provides great coverage but it will dye your scalp if you are not careful. I also use it to dye my eyebrows. The only downside is it can get super messy if you are not careful.
Miijan D.
How well does this product work on natural hair?