BY PENGUIN PUBLISHING GROUP

From the worldwide bestselling author of Eat Pray Love: the path to the vibrant, fulfilling life you've dreamed of. Readers of all ages and walks of life have drawn inspiration and empowerment from Elizabeth Gilbert's books for years. Now this beloved author digs deep into her own generative process to share her wisdom and unique perspective about creativity. With profound empathy and radiant generosity, she offers potent insights into the mysterious nature of inspiration. She asks us to embrace our curiosity and let go of needless suffering. She shows us how to tackle what we most love, and how to face down what we most fear. She discusses the attitudes, approaches, and habits we need in order to live our most creative lives. Balancing between soulful spirituality and cheerful pragmatism, Gilbert encourages us to uncover the "strange jewels" that are hidden within each of us. Whether we are looking to write a book, make art, find new ways to address challenges in our work, embark on a dream long deferred, or simply infuse our everyday lives with more mindfulness and passion, Big Magic cracks open a world of wonder and joy. see more...

Carolyn B.
Best book I’ve read in a long time. Easy to read stories that stick with you. Knowledge, humor and compassion make this an effective guide book - I’d honestly recommend to anyone - not just artists but any person searching for an inspiring read.
Maria R.
This is the 'Bible' for creative individuals. Elizabeth Gilbert did an amazing job describing the fears and insecurities of people that decide to persue a life in the arts. Her words of wisdom are priceless for someone wanting to chase after their dreams. She uses her own life as an example in the book, her life before she became an accomplished writer. Do you have a dream that you're afraid to chase? This is the book for you. I bought this book used on Amazon, I paid less than eight dollars for it. It's easy to read, and I finished it in one weekend.

Nadine S.
Santa Maria, CA
This is the best book I have read all month ! I'm reading it for the second time because I found it so helpful and insightful! It really gets your creative juices rolling and it's really easy to read and understand! Definitely recommend it !
Lila C.
Poteau
This book is truly inspirational, and it gives you a swift kick in the rear! Elizabeth Gilbert has a way of making you feel comfortable and knows just how to motivate you! I will be reading this book for the second time soon!
Zoe P.
plymouth meeting
One of my all time favorites. I even find myself taking it off the shelf to reread some pages if I feel like I need some inspiration. Elizabeth Gilbert is truly magical.
Amanda L.
I purchased this book on audible and loved every second of it! Absolutely inspirational. I loved the ideas about the way creativity comes to you and how if you ignore it the idea will find someone else to love it into life. ❤️
Kai B.
This is one of the most inspirational books I've ever had the pleasure of reading. I found myself writing down quote after quote in my "inspiration journal". That being said, it was a slightly difficult read. I typically could read a couple chapters at a time before I would lose interest for the day. At points it seems very repetitive, but overall it's definitely worth reading if you enjoy being creative, and especially if you are a writer. I initially read it when a friend lent it to me, but I ended up buying my own copy and rereading parts when I need a little inspiration.
Karley B.
Berlin , NJ
I was extremely drawn into this book by the beautiful cover art. I have heard nothing but good things about this book by my peers. I however had a tough time getting through this book. I think I am a creative soul that's why I thought I would enjoy this book, but I found myself putting off reading which I usually don't do. So as of right now I put the book down & hope to come back to it when it can come to be more relevant in my life.
Alice M.
Opening Big Magic is like having a conversation with Elizabeth Gilbert about living a creative life. No technical mumbo jumbo, just great advice and encouragement. It was just the kick in the pants I needed to start working on all my creative ideas!
Monica O.
I honestly fell in love with this book!! To me it was so well written, she gave her opinion on certain things, but also would consider or talk about other options. Very easy read also!! I would definitely recommend it!