Arts & CraftsMediaBooksPenguin Publishing Group
Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert (Hardcover) by Elizabeth Gilbert

Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert (Hardcover) by Elizabeth Gilbert

by Penguin Publishing Group

From the worldwide bestselling author of Eat Pray Love: the path to the vibrant, fulfilling life you've dreamed of. Readers of all ages and walks of life have drawn inspiration and empowerment from Elizabeth Gilbert's books for years. Now this beloved author digs deep into her own generative process to share her wisdom and unique perspective about creativity. With profound empathy and radiant generosity, she offers potent insights into the mysterious nature of inspiration. She asks us to embrace our curiosity and let go of needless suffering. She shows us how to tackle what we most love, and how to face down what we most fear. She discusses the attitudes, approaches, and habits we need in order to live our most creative lives. Balancing between soulful spirituality and cheerful pragmatism, Gilbert encourages us to uncover the "strange jewels" that are hidden within each of us. Whether we are looking to write a book, make art, find new ways to address challenges in our work, embark on a dream long deferred, or simply infuse our everyday lives with more mindfulness and passion, Big Magic cracks open a world of wonder and joy.

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert (Hardcover) by Elizabeth Gilbert!
Leslie  T.
Oak Park, CA
Bookworm Expert Level 3
Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert (Hardcover) by Elizabeth  Gilbert uploaded by Leslie  T.
Great read. I kept putting it off, but finally just decided to read it. As someone who is attempting to pursue a creative career, it was very motivational and enlightening. I am going to practice some of the methods and tips mentioned and be open to the creative ideas manifesting.
Nadine S.
Santa Maria , CA
This is the best book I have read all month ! I'm reading it for the second time because I found it so helpful and insightful! It really gets your creative juices rolling and it's really easy to read and understand! Definitely recommend it !
Savia P.
Riverdale, GA
Love this book! It was a great read! A lot of the things said in this book, I’ve advocated for on social media. It was having a conversation with someone who shared the same ideals as me. I LOVE IT. Highly recommend.
Danielle N.
Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert (Hardcover) by Elizabeth  Gilbert uploaded by Danielle N.
I love Liz Gilbert! This is a great book for creatives. It really helps you to get in the correct mindset to work toward you're creative goals and get over some of the fear and resistance you can feel in the process. She makes the concepts so easy to understand and her life experience and stories behind them are captivating.
Liza A.
Wesley Chapel, FL
Bookworm Expert Level 1
Of course things book. Very inspirational. Helped me recenter myself and learn how to appreciate the small things in life again
Zoe P.
plymouth meeting
One of my all time favorites. I even find myself taking it off the shelf to reread some pages if I feel like I need some inspiration. Elizabeth Gilbert is truly magical.
Kai B.
This is one of the most inspirational books I've ever had the pleasure of reading. I found myself writing down quote after quote in my "inspiration journal". That being said, it was a slightly difficult read. I typically could read a couple chapters at a time before I would lose interest for the day. At points it seems very repetitive, but overall it's definitely worth reading if you enjoy being creative, and especially if you are a writer. I initially read it when a friend lent it to me, but I ended up buying my own copy and rereading parts when I need a little inspiration.
Karley B.
Berlin, NJ
I was extremely drawn into this book by the beautiful cover art. I have heard nothing but good things about this book by my peers. I however had a tough time getting through this book. I think I am a creative soul that's why I thought I would enjoy this book, but I found myself putting off reading which I usually don't do. So as of right now I put the book down & hope to come back to it when it can come to be more relevant in my life.
Carolyn B.
Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert (Hardcover) by Elizabeth  Gilbert uploaded by Carolyn B.
Best book I’ve read in a long time. Easy to read stories that stick with you. Knowledge, humor and compassion make this an effective guide book - I’d honestly recommend to anyone - not just artists but any person searching for an inspiring read.
Amanda R.
I purchased this book on audible and loved every second of it! Absolutely inspirational. I loved the ideas about the way creativity comes to you and how if you ignore it the idea will find someone else to love it into life. ❤️

Looking for your answer?