BY BIC #47 in Pens

• What is the difference between this package and a normal ...1 Answers
  • Are these pens long lasting?1 Answers
  • Doesn't anyone else think that's a bit sexist? 3 Answers
BIC Pens for Her
  • "I love that bic came out with pens for her, its a nice idea, i mean we all love nice colors and things that are made just for us :) I think these pens wright awesome and they are very pretty colors too, great job on theses pens!" in 6 reviews
  • "I love bic pens i use them for school they write very well and look pretty.I wonder if they would be good for annotating/note-taking." in 3 reviews
Bee K.
Bic caused a stir when they decided to market a line of pens for females in an age where gender neutrality is a hot topic. I never thought I'd see the day when an ink pen is declared sexist. As a female, I'm not offended by the pens though I can see why others are upset. The pastel casings are beautiful and the ink is of average quality, kind of soft. It seems Bic removed the pens from the market, which was a good move. I'll miss the pretty aesthetic.
Heather C.
Lake Village, AR
Here is what I truly dont understand ok, why does putting pastel colors on a pen all of the sudden make it ONLY for women??? Like ok I havent used these pens but thats simply because the advertising behind these is simply demeaning. I mean like what could you possibly be thingkin that implying only females can use these pastel pens could benefit you.
Jess K.
Mineola, NY
Bic, wtf. Really? Having sex specific product lines? Who on earth at your company approved that idea? We’re the regular product lines not good? No one should buy these. This is the dumbest thing over ever seen in my life.
Sky H.
Issaquah, WA
These pens are alright they arent expensive, and personally I've noticed they don't last very long for some reason that's compared to the b i c cheap ones. I do like that they come in a variety of colors other than just the basic black blue and red, you can find them at any store as well.
Angelica M.
Flushing, NY
These are just pens and pushing the idea that women need a different type of pen from men is extremely stupid. I don't think that its promoting a positive influence and quite frankly is just taking advantage of the pink tax. smh. I think bic should straighten themselves out.
Madison M.
Spring, TX
I really don't understand why women need their own label on pens. They are tons of pens out there GENDER NEUTRAL to buy. I hate how big named companies are getting too much into politics. Your products are not about politics, its about quality.
Heather R.
Liverpool, NY
It's kind of a strange concept that there should be a special pen "for HER". I mean, we're used to seeing this kind of shameless marketing on razors and items in the family planning aisle, not writing utensils! None the less, I was literally OUT of pens at work one day and ended up buying a package of two Bic for Her click pens because 1.) my options for pens with a nice thick comfort grip were very limited at the corner bodega by my office and 2.) It was purple - I'm a sucker for purple (darn it - I played into their STUPID marketing!)
Don't get me wrong, the pens actually work great - smooth, seem to be lasting a long time and yes, they are pretty. But the part that kind of burns my biscuits is the marketing concept. Why not just package them as pretty pens that can be used by her, him, or a trained monkey if they want? I mean there are Hims who like pink and purple I suppose. And the real kick in the pants - WHY are they so much more expensive? Are you suggesting that "Her" will pay more for beauty? Way to perpetuate that awful game well beyond the categories of shoes, handbags and beauty products. Next thing you know I'm going to be spending 50% more on something ridiculous like pink rose scented toilet tissue "for her". (Not really. I would never fall for that one... I don't think)
Mary R.
These are just normal pens but made in girly colors so they can sell them for more! They don't write any better and they aren't more comfortable to use. Don't waste your money
Sierra D.
OREM, UT
Someone has answered my gentle prayers and FINALLY designed a pen that I can use all month long! I use it when I'm swimming, riding a horse, walking on the beach and doing yoga. It's comfortable, leak-proof, non-slip and it makes me feel so feminine and pretty! Since I've begun using these pens, men have found me more attractive and approchable. It has given me soft skin and manageable hair and it has really given me the self-esteem I needed to start a book club and flirt with the bag-boy at my local market. My drawings of kittens and ponies have improved, and now that I'm writing my last name hyphenated with the Robert Pattinson's last name, I really believe he may some day marry me! I'm positively giddy. Those smart men in marketing have come up with a pen that my lady parts can really identify with.
Meg F.
Brooklyn, NY
I had the opportunity to try these out when my friend, who thinks he's funny, bought me a pack after I'd finished ranting to him about the utter stupidity of having a "for her" line of pens. Anyway, the pens work well, there's no denying that. It's BIC, so that's not surprising. Yes, the idea of the pens are absolutely ridiculous, not to mention somewhat sexist, but as a product they work very, very well. I do wish the ink itself had been colorful instead of being all-black. You would think that, being "for her" and all, they'd at least make the ink pretty. Maybe then I wouldn't have been so offended.
Zally A.
Beaverton, OR
Is anyone else offended by the sexist marketing of these pens? Why do women need special writing tools now?
Sarah B.
Franklin, LA
What is your favorite thing about the new BIC pens for her?
Jessica H.
Bassett, VA
Does the ink last awhile??
Elana K.
Wait, these are black ink? I thought they were pastels??
Ixhon A.