BY BIC #10 in Pencils

Bic 8ct mechanical pencil - .7mm lead see more...

• I find the lead on these pencils tend to break like crazy...13 Answers
Elizabeth V.
Richmond, CA
Always a go to and never fails! I love have over the years they have introduced new colors, but have always kept it simple. It isn't ideal for leftys since it smears, but what pencil doesn't? They have always been affordable too!
Emily W.
Atlanta, GA
I am for sure a Mechanical pencil fanatic. These are great and super cheap. I almost always end up breaking off the clip part in stress but who cares. The replacement lead is inexpensive as well which is really nice.
Marisol Z.
Vallejo, CA
Great mechanical pencil. I like buying these in the school year. I like using these because the lead is already inside the pencil and there so great to use. Only thing is when a person is writing it can hurt your finger a little bit.
Breana T.
Ahh the old but goodie. I have been using these BIC mechanical pencils since I was in high school (I am in college now) and will still continue to use these pencils. The lead is perfect width, and the pencil itself is not bulky. The only con I have about these pencils is that the eraser goes by pretty quickly, but thats not a deal breaker for me since I usually keep a pink eraser in my bag anyways.
Jasmin S.
S Ozone Park, NY
I love using lead pencils and one time I bought multiple packs of these and like half of the lead pencils weren't working. It had something to do with the hole at the tip for the lead to be pushed through so you can write -- they weren't cut well enough for the lead to come out, and it was really annoying having to sift through multiple pencils just to find one that works.
William S.
Independence, MO
The gold standard in terms of refillable mechanical pencils. I have never had a bad experience with them. They have a nice and easy to use top clicker with an eraser that you can remove in order to put more lead into the pencil. They write really well and you can use them for all sorts of applications, even art!
Arianna J.
DALZELL, SC
I haven't been in school for 3 years now. But when it was time to go back to school shopping, these are the pencils I wanted. They're super easy to refill, and what I love about the way the eraser is set up, is that you can easily put a pencil eraser over it. Unlike many other mechanical pencils. Love it!
Hannah H.
I love these! Bic mechanical pencils are my absolute favorite! They have very nice erasers, too! The only thing I do not like about these pencils is that the lead eventually needs to be refilled and for that I would rather use a pen! As a mechanical pencil these are the greatest!
Kristin S.
Tacoma, WA
I like BIC products, these pencils are great for adults or older kids. These are not good for elementary students. The lead breaks very easily. They do have a 1.mm lead that is a little better. My recommendation is if you have little kids stick with a normal pencil.
Sabrina M.
Jersey City, NJ
Love these , my choice of pencils . Only thing I dislake is when the lead runs oug. Other then that I recommend this for middle school and up. Since the lead is number two you can even use these pencils during exams . I buy two packs before every semester !
Roseanne P.
Etobicoke, ON
I find the lead on these pencils tend to break like crazy. I find this very annoying. Does anyone else have this problem, or am I just pushing too hard?