Tara C.
Clemmons, NC
Review for: Red Truffle more...
I have heard so many raves about BH's lippies that I decided to try one. Maybe I picked the wrong one for me but I do not like this lipstick. First of all, Red Truffle looks MUCH redder online but in actuality it's got A LOT of brown in it. Too brown for me. So that was a disappointment but hey, ya can't win 'em all. I decided I would try it on anyway and of course, the color was much different that I expected when I bought it but exactly what I expected when I saw it in real life. The pigment is amazing despite me being disappointed about the color. The smell..it smells like modeling clay. It also tastes horrible. I mean, I know it would be an extra cost and more work to flavor lippies like bananas and whipped cream but geez, can we do SOMETHING because this is honestly gross to keep having to taste on my lips and smell all day. It also GOES ON like play-doh..it's just disturbing. I really can't get past any of that when there are better options for the price. I am going to pass this along to someone else. I gave it one star for the price although it's still, imo, not worth it and one star because BH Cosmetics are cruelty-free.