BY BETTY CROCKER

!Sorry, this product has been discontinued.

You'll love the irresistible cheesy deliciousness of Betty Crocker Original Flavor Mac and Cheese.

• How does this compare to Kraft Mac and cheese?1 Answers
  • Has anyone mixed this with something else?1 Answers
  • Is this better or worse then KD?1 Answers
Jennifer D.
Kansas City, MO
We tried this the other night. It is not that bad. The pasta is good quality. The cheese mix blends well together and the kids gobbled it up. It reheats well for leftovers the next day, I am assuming that is due to all the butter that is in it. I am sure you can cut that down to your liking. I honestly like the way it still tastes good after reheating, with the "other" box mac & cheese it doesn't do so well the next day. Overall it is something I would likely purchase again.
Julie H.
Saint Cloud, MN
This is by far my favorite boxed macaroni and cheese!!! I prepare it in boiling milk and let it reduce on simmer for awhile. This makes it really creamy. On the box, this was how it said to prepare it and I never heard of that before. I made a box of Kraft the same way and it wasn't as good as Betty Crocker, although it was better than preparing Kraft normally. I only like the original flavor. The extra cheesy one is gross in my opinion. I even added less cheese from the packet and it still tasted bad. The cheese is a completely different flavor. One downside is that I have a hard time finding this brand in stores.
Mackenzie B.
Charles Town, WV
Yes, this mac and cheese is very cheap, but when we want to save money, this is our go-to brand. This brand calls for boiling the noodles in the milk, and that makes it much creamier. Other brands of mac and cheese that come in a blue box are much drier and not as creamy. The leftovers stay creamy whereas other brands' are so dry you can't even save it. It's super cheap and actually my favorite, so it keeps me happy.
Adriana D.
San Antonio, TX
I bought this one recently since it is cheaper then krafts and it's Betty Crocker, it must be good right? NOPE! I made it for dinner as instructed and it was horrible, first off the smell was that of something extremely old and rotten. The taste was even worse, it wasn't even edible. I thought maybe the milk or butter I used might have been expired or something but no, both still good. I checked the expiration on the Mac n cheese box and it's not until march 2014! Horrible product Not really sure how anyone can actually eat it.
Angel M.
Palatine, IL
I tried the Pizza flavor mac and cheese. I am not sure that I liked it. What I was expecting was for it to be very cheesy, with maybe a tangier flavor... like cheese pizza! But it was more like mildly cheesy, with a somehow olivey aftertaste. I don't really like olives, so I didn't enjoy this so much. If cheese pizza with lots of olives sounds delicious to you, then maybe you would enjoy this more than I did! I gave it a B because I did like it enough to finish the whole box single handedly. But I probably wouldn't buy this flavor again.
Barbara H.
New Florence, MO
I had coupons, and got two boxes super cheap. Made it for lunch for my kids and myself, and GACK! It really doesn't taste cheesy at all, in fact it tastes bland and somewhat ....old? My kids didn't like it, but they did eat it.
Beckie H.
Campbell , Mo
My mom bought a bunch of these boxes because they were cheap and I guess she assumed they would be decent. They were not. We ended up just using the noodles and melting Velveeta in it and throwing the packet of cheese away. It;s worth it to pay a little more for good mac and cheese.
Bonnie L.
Mount Morris, MI
My family likes it alright, I make it the same way as Kraft even though your not suppose to because they liked it better that way but its a little off. I am not sure if its the cheese flavor or the grittiness that I don't like but if it was store brand or this, I would buy this.
Kristine A.
I bought this super cheap thinking it would be like Kraft. Nope. Much more watery and the cheese was pretty bland. I bought two boxes and I haven't cooked the second one yet. Maybe when I'm desperate.
Alyxandra P.
It's cheap so we bought a few boxes and we though the pizza flavor would be good. It wasn't all that flavorful and there was barely anything in the box. It's basically enough for one person
Mikayla K.
Walworth, NY
Has anyone tried this before? If so, is it any good? I always thought betty crocker only had baked good stuff.
Brandyce N.
My son and I are both big Craft Mac n Cheese...so my question is, is Betty Crocker's version just as tasty?
Victoria P.
Where can you find this?
Judy N.
Ruth
Have never tried these. How do they taste?
Jessica K.
Buffalo, NY
Since when does betty crocker have mac and cheese