BY BETTY CROCKER #21 in Sprinkles & Decorations

Betty Crocker® Black Decorating Cake Icing.

Fun decorating for cakes.

Create classic cakes!

4 tip styles.

Soft whipped. Decorate in minutes. see more...

Buy on Walmart
Shannon M.
I got this to decorate a cake, I sprayed it on top of fondant and it was easy and looked good. (Make sure you do a good covering.) I don't know if I used to much but it made the icing/fondant taste really bad. Almost like I sprayed PAM on it. I never repurchased and don't plan to.
Kendra J.
Lakewood, WA
Foodie Expert
I am a big baker and am a fan of making everything from scratch. However, black is a very hard color to achieve and I'm not opposed to getting a little help now and again. Not the best taste, so I would recommend just using it for accents here and there.
Abby S.
Appleton, WI
Personally, I am not a fan of this icing. I love how easy it is to use to decorate and it is especially nice to use with young children present. But the taste of this icing is extremely fake tasting and you must supervise the child otherwise they will be stained by this frosting.
Justyne D.
Foodie Expert
These containers break very easily and the black frosting easily leaks, smears, and stains other frosting and decorating items in a baked good. I also don't recommend for those classy tea parties or formal business get togethers, as they make your teeth and lips stain very easily
becky r.
Metairie, LA
Wonderful flavor, not sick sweet. was so easy to use also! it didn't cake up in the package like some products do! it was super to be able to write with it also as I've got arthritis and this was just so easy to decorate with!
Miranda L.
Mcloud, OK
This is a hit and miss for me. I like the fact of it being in a piping bag but you don't get enough product. The icing also comes off a little greasy. Love the packaging though!!
Dakota B.
Las Vegas, NV
It's a decent icing the my grandma has used on and off from my childhood, it is quite sweet and easy to use but it is crusty once it dries on the cake. They are very very pigmented and messy when on hands and mouths.
Jahan B.
Marietta , GA
Foodie Expert
I bought this icing for my friend's birthday cake that I was making. It was very easy to use but you have to work fast so it won't dry out.
BEKAH S.
hope mills
Foodie Expert
Super easy to use when decorating cakes and cookies, the only think that i don't care for is that it has a aftertaste that i don't care for.
Tabitha B.
South Boston, MA
Foodie Expert
I love this product line they are simple to use and a great way to decorate with a wide verity of colors
becky r.
Metairie, LA
Ail this product in future come with decorative tips?would be willing to pay more if that were included with the frosting!
Jennifer G.
Westerly, RI
Foodie Expert
Does this leave your mouth black after eating
Barbara D.
I gave only used Wilton cake decorating coloured gels and combine different colours to get exactly the right colour. Is the a liquid?
Lindsay G.
Hazleton, PA
I'm always looking for new ways to decorate cakes and cupcakes but I haven't been able to find a decorative icing that's actually easy to use, especially for a beginner. Any tips on how to use this? Is there a better brand out there than Betty Crocker?