BY BETHESDA SOFTWORKS #1 in Xbox Games

Mario I.
Garden City, KS
This game is one of the best games I have ever played! It was almost never ending! I love a good open world game like this one, of course I was playing on Xbox 360 so the graphics weren't the best but when the new remastered version came out I knew I have to get it!!
Nathan C.
I first played Skyrim on Xbox, so it does deserve some love. The controls and UI are good for the Xbox controller. The HUGE downside are the mods, or rather, lack thereof. Mods make the game an entire new animal every single play through. Want a survival horror Skyrim? There are mods for that. Want an anime combat Skyrim? Mods. Still solid game in it's vanilla form.
Rebecca L.
Canton, MI
The storyline will keep you enthralled. You can spend 100+ hours easily in this game. The graphics are gorgeous (even on XBox) so I found myself just staring at the environment around me. You can read books and get back stories or just ignore them and take part in however much or how ever little you want to. It's a very open ended game. HOWEVER, the main story line is pretty short. The game also does eventually feel repetitive and it's a game you'll want to take a break from and come back to. I do wish they had a better sorting system for items and the fighting was not so clunky. If you played Morrowind and/or Oblivion, the same complaints still exist. I still love this game and it's one of my absolute favorites on XBox 360. Some conversations will not make sense (like people tell you to join the college in Winterhold because of your magic, when you are already the archmage) but over all people seem to know what you have accomplished. I loved when I was in a town and a dragon attacked. It makes you feel vulnerable and like no where is safe. When you are in the middle of a fight with bandits or you're killing some random guards, you still band together when a dragon touches down and starts killing all of you. The world is immense, and sometimes a pain to try and explore because of how mountainous it is. You will not be sorry for playing this amazing game. Just expect to want to take breaks after playing it for a long amount of time, as you may eventually get bored.
Lydia H.
Mt Juliet, TN
Skyrim is one of the most visually incredible games I've ever played. The environment and folklore is amazing and the world is so easy to become completely immersed in. There's so much to do and explore and the gameplay is virtually endless. Its an incredible game.
Jennifer O.
Alvin, TX
To this day, this is one of my favorite video games of all time! I love it so much that I bought the edition that came out for the Xbox one as well. There are so many quests that you can choose from and the main quest is a fun one. I love how at the beginning you can choose your character. The only downside is that the dialogue kinda sucks and it’s VERY time consuming.
Michaela C.
Skyrim has an incredible amount of area to explore and interesting quests to complete.  I enjoyed the game play but can't give this a full 5 stars because I had several bug issues that made it impossible for me to complete my game (3 different times!).  I would recommend buying a hard copy instead of a digital download.
Heather C.
San Francisco, CA
Skyrim is an open game where you can hack and slash your way to fame. You are the Dragonborn, you are special, you have a destiny. The choices you make will (slightly) alter the fate of Skyrim. Skyrim is your life away from your life. You can spend months in Skyrim. The story is deep yet open. You go on your way, forge your own path. It may seem a little too open at first, but there is enough guidance to get you back on track.
This game is huge, or at least if feels that way. The game has a quick travel system so you can get to your goals quickly. There are forts to find, herbs to collect, monsters to slay. Plenty of quests but you can also just adventure and find ruins and caves.
You can really choose your play style by using the items or spells. If you want to cast magic and swing a battleaxe, go for it. Wearing heavy armor may slow you down, but it works so well if you want to be up close and personal with your enemies.
Character creation is pretty normal, in some ways the game seems more simple than Oblivion. Spells used to be more complex. Playing a caster is a bit tough, so it can help to mix in some normal weapons.
Skyrim is beautiful as is. You can download mods to make it better, but I really liked it without any tweaking. There were times when I'd enter a beautiful cave and just be taken away by the look of it all. The music is beautiful, at times heart-pounding.

5 stars, would play again. Maybe I'll play again now...
Sherlock R.
Kingman, AZ
(This is a review for the PC version of Skyrim)

Skyrim, like the other Elder Scrolls games, is an open ended RPG that allows you to customize your character and game play exactly the way you want.

While I feel that Skyrim has been slightly "dumbed down" from the earlier Elder Scrolls games. One of the winning changes is the complete removal of classes. Do you want to be a mage who can shoot people in the face with an arrow? You can do that! You can customize the way you play your character down to the traits you choose.

As with the other games, the way you play impacts the world around you. If you played the previous games, it's not as intense as it would have been, but it's still a better RPG experience.

If you are playing this on the PC, you can download and install mods to change (or even "fix") the way you play your game or even how your character looks or how your game runs (I have a unicorn!).

I recommend this game to everyone. If you played Morrowind (TES3), there was a lot of text and younger players may not have been able to enjoy the game. Skyrim doesn't have as much text (I miss this and is a problem for me), but this gives younger players a real chance to play a truly open ended RPG.

Skyrim has an amazing replay value. Even if you explore the world for hours, play through the game, and do many quests. You can make a new character and get completely different quests and get a completely different experience.
Ashlie H.
Salem, IL
Gamer Expert Level 2
I love Skyrim. I do not play very many games but this one is one of my favorites. I love the graphics and that you can choose your character. I love that there are so many choices of things you can choose to do and all the missions. I can play this game for hours.
Nikki R.
This is by far my favorite game to play.  It is easy to get lost in this game for hours while you roam the lands and rob and murder people as you go.  From raiding caves to raiding kingdoms the possibilities of things to do are endless.  Definitely a plus if you have to be on bedrest for a long period of time!!
Carrie B.
Morrisville, NC
Vampire or werewolf?
Morgan M.
Mesquite, TX
What is your favorite skill to have?
Maria T.
Glendale , AZ
What did you think of the story ?????
joanne w.