BY BETHESDA SOFTWORKS #1 in Xbox Games

Emily C.
Ridgely, TN
I can't say enough about Elder Scrolls open world RPG's as a gamer. This is an amazing game. I love open world RPG's and the Elder Scrolls series are one of the few major open-world western titles available in the USA. The developer is amazing. Open world role-playing games are never bug free, so if you can get past nitpicking that (I mean HUNDREDS of people work on these titles and the game space is vast!) then you will enjoy the game. Sometimes large games like this can get a really bad blocking, or game-breaking bug, that prevent a quest from progressing, etc., but with modern games usually the developers will fix those with a patch. I never even had this issue with the game, but I absolutely love it. It took me awhile to get used to the new UI (updated from the last installment of the series, "Oblivion") but now I actually really like it after years (literally) of playing this. I play role-playing games very slow because I craft a lot and sneak a lot, and try to uncover every nook and cranny, so I thoroughly enjoy large open world games, because I more than get my $60 worth on any title like this playing it for years!
Marlena M.
Skyrim completely took over my life when I first got it. Actually, it still does from time to time. You can never really get tired of playing it because of how much freedom the game gives you. You can easily spend a week just doing side quests or grinding for ingredients, gold, creating potions, enchanting, smiting, and etc. I really liked how you could not be furthering the main storyline at all, and still feel like your accomplishing something in the game.

Skyrim's game play is perfect for my preferred play style. Expansive map, huge amount of quests, epic battles, immersive storylines, freedom to explore just about everything, and so much more.

Personally, I love games that allow you play at your own pace. I like to explore to every inch of a game, grind, and complete every quest possible. I hate being rushed through a game. I get very disappointed if I finish a game too soon. Unlike some other games where there isn't much to explore/do, or the game eventually tries to force you to a new area, Skyrim lets almost everything up to you.

Definitely one of my favorite games.
Connell H.
Las Vegas, NV
I'm a massive Elder Scrolls fan, having played all of the Elder Scrolls games since TES: Arena, and recently a beta tester for Elder Scrolls Online. My favorite game in the Elder Scrolls is Morrowind, and what Morrowind gave to its audience, I expect from all Elder Scrolls games. Skyrim, while delivering a massive, beautiful environment, with interesting gameplay, and okay dynamics, it left much to immersion lore-wise. I wouldn't go as far to say that parts of it were lore-breaking, because it is the canon, but it felt like it ignored crucial universe information. Also them saying that Morrowind was destroyed following the events of the Red Year was heartbreaking, seeing Solstheim was nice, if you played Bloodmoon. I love the Elder Scrolls, and I love Skyrim, but it doesn't feel like part of the series. It's better than Oblivion at least.
This game is definitely worth it! There's a great story line and the graphics are pretty cool. This is a game I probably will never get tired of playing. I got the special edition which was more expensive but definitely worth every penny.
Marie A.
Gamer Expert Level 2
Skyrim has a great story line, a wide world to adventure in and many options.
You get to either choose to be on the dark side, the good side, or in between. These decisions can lead you to new quests and some extra cash. I myself bought a ridiculous amount of houses and though I can't adopt more than 2 children, I would have adopted all of them. The world of Skyrim is enormous and you always find a little section you've never seen before. The one complaint I have is combat, that is pretty ordinary, nothing exciting about it. You can eat 100 potatoes to heal yourself during combat, which, you pause the game for. This almost feels too easy. Dying? No issue, pause the game, eat everything in inventory!

The graphics of the world are beautiful, now your character, not so much! You'll find you want tons of mods to fix that, and eventually you'll become hooked and want mods for everything. That is the amazing thing about skyrim,you can customize anything and everything in the game.

But overall, I love this game, and it will continue to be one of the best games I ever bought.
Vanessa C.
Victorville, CA
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is the fifth installment in a long running RPG series developed by Bethesda Softworks. An ancient threat has returned to the world of Skyrim, a dragon named Alduin the World Eater. With his return he has started to raise other dragons from their graves to wreak havoc across the land and bring the world to an end. The player creates a character from 11 different races and crafts their own story in this open world game. What makes the player able to stop the dragons is the fact that he is "Dovahkiin" in the dragon tongue which translates to Dragon Born, so the player can actually slay the dragons and take their souls so they can not be brought back to life. Dovahkiin have the blood of dragons running through them so they are able to use shouts, which comprise of words of power from the dragons language that are able to affect the world in numerous ways. The game's graphics are descent. You can even customize your character.!! I played this on Xbox 360. My brother and myself agreed that the game can become long/hard/slow/confusing at times.!
Kira S.
Cleveland, OH
Whether or not you've played the earlier games in the Elder Scrolls series, Skyrim will be a wonderful gaming experience. Unlike many single player RPG games with linear storylines, Skyrim will give you some options for where you take your character... but you don't have to take any of them. The world of Skyrim is completely open for you to explore, and the more you explore, the more hidden secrets you discover. The culture and history of the in-game world are deep and fascinating, should you choose to explore them, and the world itself is full of beautiful environments to discover. Gameplay varies immensely depending on what kind of character you choose to play, and what paths you take, giving it near-infinite replayability. If that wasn't enough, there are a staggering number of player-made mods that can alter everything from the game's physical appearance and performance, to new weapons, tools and monsters, to completely new story arcs. I started playing Skyrim the day it was released, and still haven't grown tired of it - it gets my strongest recommendation.
Alyssa H.
Knoxville, TN
This game is my latest addiction. It's almost overwhelming how big the world is. I feel like I'll never run out of places to explore. The Scandinavian-inspired scenery and graphics are breathtaking. The main story-lines are intriguing, but it's the side quests that really make the game, in my opinion, particularly those involving the various factions you can join (Thieves' Guild, Companions, College of Winterhold, Dark Brotherhood). The characters that you interact with are more varied than in any other video game I've played. The work that went into creating this game is remarkable. Such an expansive game is bound to have a few bugs, but the experience is definitely worth it.

Note: I've played both the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions, and while the 360 version is still buggy, the PS3 version is much worse. I would recommend playing this game on the 360 over the PS3 if you have a choice in the matter. Also, save often! That way, if you are hit with a bug, at least you'll be able to recover your game without losing a lot of progress.
Ashley P.
Noblesville, IN
This game is such an amazing game. I played this every single day, for hours upon hours, for months and never got tired of it. The only reason I stopped playing was because other games came out. But I still go back and play this. I have made probably 4 or 5 characters, all different kinds, and I still very much enjoy this game. There are some glitches and things that are really annoying, but even with those glitches I still rate this as an A. I love free roam games that have objectives that you can complete in whatever order you please. The DLC with this game was really fun. Dragonborn was my favorite, and Hearthfire was great too. The Dawnguard DLC wasn't bad, it was quite fun. But every time I go back and play skyrim I complete Dragonborn first. I leave the Dawnguard quests and ignore them.
Brianne K.
How do I even describe this game? All Elder Scrolls games are set back in time and in folklore where depending on what you choose right from the beginning will determine how the rest of the game plays out. I can say that my husband started playing this game first and when I realized that I was secretly wishing I was playing instead of watching him, I created my own profile and started out my Skyrim journey of my own. I would stay up all night completely involved with my different quests. Stealing things for the thieves guild. Trying to increase my magic skills with the mages guild. Going to the different towns. Honestly this game can keep you busy for a very, very long time. I'm interested to see if a new Elder Scrolls is on it's way.
Carrie B.
Morrisville, NC
Vampire or werewolf?
Morgan M.
Mesquite, TX
What is your favorite skill to have?
Maria T.
Surprise , AZ
What did you think of the story ?????
joanne w.