Bethesda Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox 360)
Top Questions See all 946 Q&A
- "This is one of my all time favorite games, it's story line is priceless and it's a game that I can keep playing and never get tired of." in 91 reviews
- "The game is basically endless When it comes to side quests so you can beat the main quest and still be able to play and advance in the game. " in 61 reviews
- "The open world allows you to basically do whatever you would like and there are hundreds of tasks and storylines to follow. " in 58 reviews
- "The storyline can seem a little forced at times, but the great thing about it is that you can completely ignore the main story if you want and just play in the world." in 37 reviews
- "With mods you can do literately anything you want to with them I highly recommend this game by far one of the best I've ever played. " in 32 reviews
And then, one day, while I was on my maternity leave, I became bored of Mario Kart. The kiddo was sleeping but I was wide awake, so I figured I'd try out the hated game myself. I'd watched him play it and some of the quests seemed interesting, but I was annoyed that my husband's form of gameplay seemed to be "unlock dragons, ignore the Graybeards, go off and do other things, then restart the game without finishing any questline". I wanted to know what happened *after*, and besides - I really had nothing else to do at that point.
But first, I spent 2 hours on character customization. I was a cat. And I was hooked.
Skyrim has a unique way of making you love it, even if you want to hate it. It's been almost 6 years since release and about 5.75 years since we bought the game, and we just replaced our disk due to some serious cracking and damage (possibly from heat). Our five-year-old grew up watching my husband and I play, and now, he too traipses through the wilderness, his trusty "Girlfriend" by his side, learning the intricacies of human interaction ("Don't you dare attack that guard. He's a friend!" "Oh crap, it's a bandit chief. RUN!!!"). The graphics are still great even after six years, and it's still an immersive story with so much to learn. There's an incredible community that surrounds Skyrim and its modding capabilities, which are also insane. Most of all, it's a family activity for us, bringing us closer together since 2012.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos