BY BEST DAMN ROOT BEER

Behind the BrewAt Best Damn Brewing Co.., we’re on a mission to bring you the best damn thing you’ve had all day. We called our Root beer mission “Throw back a throwback.” Our delicious, easy-drinking Best Damn Root Beer is aged on real vanilla beans during the brewing process for a full-flavored, well-balanced take on one of our favorite classic tastes. We hope you love it as much as we do. Cheers! see more...

• I hear this stuff is good. Is it true? 1 Answers
  • I hear about this all the time, but I've never had it bef...5 Answers
  • Is this comparable to not your fathers root beer?3 Answers
Brian M.
Cincinnati, OH
It's not bad for what it costs compated to other hard root beers. It does have more of a beer taste than the others, though i think that has more to do with it being about 1/4 as sweet as the others. Probably wouldn't buy it again, I prefer Not Your Father's Root Beer and it is well worth the extra three dollars. Best Damn is drinkable at best
Sawyer W.
BDRB is one of the better hard root beer I have tried. It is full of flavor and is pretty sweet! It does have a mild flavor that malt beverages have. However, it's a good beverage for people who do not prefer the alcohol taste. Overall it is tasty and refreshing. Perfect for a barbeque!
Sasha A.
Nashville, TN
Absolutely not the best damn root beer. These flavored alcoholic "root beers" are all the rage now, and as someone who doesn't really love beer I'm picky about these. This one has a weird after taste and definitely is more "beer" than "root beer". It's drinkable, but Coney Island and Not Your Fathers are definitely better than this one.
Maureene C.
Roseville , CA
If you love beer and root beer, this is for you. When I think of summer time, I think about bbqs, soda, and beer. This hard root brings it to a whole new level. Great for drinking by the pool, for bbqs, and even root beer floats. But don't drink too much of this, it's still alcoholic!
Nikki S.
Not a large fan of traditional "beer" so I set out to find a beverage to suit my tastes. Started with Not Your Father's root beer, AMAZING with the perfect kick. Next, supposedly the Best Damn Root Beer. Absolutely was not the best. I still have 5 of the 6 pack in my fridge. Definitely going to stick with Not Your Father's.
Melissa L.
Tacoma, WA
This tastes exactly like root beer! It's uncanny! My brother isn't a big fan of most alcohol but he loves root beer, we gave him this and he went bananas! He absolutely loved it! It's really delicious and definitely perfect for that person that has a bit of a sweet tooth and isn't a huge fan of the taste of alcohol!
Jennifer A.
Woodbury, MN
I love root beer. I don't care for beer. This tastes too much like beer and not enough like root beer. I was hoping to love this, but I don't think I'll purchase it again. If you don't mind a beer taste and love some root beer flavor, this is for you---Just not for me.
Ana Cameron A.
Tampa, FL
Absolutely terrible! We were so excited to try it and it ended up tasting like horrific cough medicine! I contacted the company and I was told while they appreciate my feedback they will not refund my money or provide a voucher to try any other of their products. In the garbage it goes. Absolutely disgusting!
Haley G.
I can't believe anyone could not like this! Omg, so so good. My husband says he doesn't like the after taste but I don't notice one at all. It doesn't even taste very alcoholic to me - just like a good, cold root beer. I absolutely love this stuff. Top 5 drinks here!
Scott W.
Aurora
It's disgusting. It tastes like someone dissolved a root beer barrel candy in a bottle of zima. It doesn't taste like REAL root beer at all. At least "Not Your Dad's Root Beer" tastes like authentic homemade root beer with the slight ale taste underneath. This stuff, however, is disgusting.
Tori C.
Adams Center, NY
I hear about this all the time, but I've never had it before. Does it actually taste like root beer? I'm not a huge fan of beer, normally I'll drink Budlight if I drink beer. I love root beer soda though, so I'm just wondering what the taste is actually like.
Christine C.
Can someone compare these to Not Your Father's Root Beer for me, please? And also maybe the Coney Island one? Which is better and why? Also, do you recommend the Best Damn Root Beer in a bottle or a can?
Grace P.
Is this comparable to not your fathers root beer?
Is there caffeine in either best damn root beer or not your father's root beer?
Angela l.
Long Beach, CA
Are these really a hard alcohol root beer like a hard cider or just slightly week with a more root beer taste?