BY BEST DAMN ROOT BEER

Behind the BrewAt Best Damn Brewing Co.., we’re on a mission to bring you the best damn thing you’ve had all day. We called our Root beer mission “Throw back a throwback.” Our delicious, easy-drinking Best Damn Root Beer is aged on real vanilla beans during the brewing process for a full-flavored, well-balanced take on one of our favorite classic tastes. We hope you love it as much as we do. Cheers! see more...

• I hear this stuff is good. Is it true? 1 Answers
  • I hear about this all the time, but I've never had it bef...5 Answers
  • Is this comparable to not your fathers root beer?3 Answers
Ms D.
I purchased a 6 pack of this for an ibotta rebate. Let me say I am highly disappointed. As far as Hard root beers go this is definitely not the best. The flavor isn't strong at all. It actually taste kind of watered down. I'm going to stick with Not Your Father's Root Beer.
Aiyana B.
Clinton, UT
Wow. Tried this last night for the first time and it's incredible! I was kinda nervous but all my friends had said it's amazing and they were right! It tastes like a spiced ale. You can definitely tell there is alcohol but the taste is so sweet, it almost could be mistaken as a regular root beer. I haven't tried this over ice cream but I'm super excited to!
Erin L.
Saint peters , Mo
There seems to be a ton of these hard root beers coming out and of course I feel the need to try every single one. Best damn hard root beer is definitely good but it is far from my favorite, simply because I can taste the alcohol in this drink. It is definitely still worth a try though. I would also recommend the, Not your fathers root beer, as I feel like the alcohol taste is less detectable in it.
Dacy D.
If you're a fan of root beer, you'd like this. There's a slight alcohol taste, but it's not bad. It is hard root beer after all. I don't know if it's because they're in a bottle, but there is a hint of metal or something like that once you get towards the bottom of the bottle. Hopefully the cans don't have that problem, because the flavor really is good.
Kameko H.
The taste of this root beer was disappointing. I did not like it at all. It had to much of a licorice taste in it to me. I prefer Not yours fathers to this. Hopefully someone finds this helpful before spending your money on this product. Also the price point was a little much in my local grocery store.
Marsha P.
Fresno, CA
I was thinking that this tastes so much like root beer that I should have picked up some vanilla ice cream and had a float. It is really is that good. It is 5.5% Alcohol so it is comparable to a beer but tastes much better. All in all I love Best Damn Hard Root Beer and if you have not tried it yet you should
Alli M.
Suwanee, GA
This is pretty good! It tastes just like root beer but isn't overly carbonated. They cost about $9 at Walmart. The only downside to these is that you can drink maybe 2 tops before you start feeling full. They are so sweet but still good. If you don't like the taste of alcohol you should try these for sure!
Hayli Z.
I tried this while on a Budweiser tour, I am not a huge fan of root beer , I'm more of a cream soda person, but this beer tastes almost EXACTLY like root beer. Couldn't even taste the beer in it. It was just like drinking root beer from the can. If you love root beer this is definitely for you.
Brian M.
Cincinnati, OH
It's not bad for what it costs compated to other hard root beers. It does have more of a beer taste than the others, though i think that has more to do with it being about 1/4 as sweet as the others. Probably wouldn't buy it again, I prefer Not Your Father's Root Beer and it is well worth the extra three dollars. Best Damn is drinkable at best
Lydia K.
Fairfax, VA
I love root beer and this stuff is surprisingly great! I was a little apprehensive but al in all its a good taste and keeps that birch flavor strong. It's about the same price as a craft beer 6-pack and some stores offer an ice cream special! I'd definitely try it again & recommend as well.
Tori C.
Adams Center, NY
I hear about this all the time, but I've never had it before. Does it actually taste like root beer? I'm not a huge fan of beer, normally I'll drink Budlight if I drink beer. I love root beer soda though, so I'm just wondering what the taste is actually like.
Christine C.
Can someone compare these to Not Your Father's Root Beer for me, please? And also maybe the Coney Island one? Which is better and why? Also, do you recommend the Best Damn Root Beer in a bottle or a can?
Grace P.
Is this comparable to not your fathers root beer?
Is there caffeine in either best damn root beer or not your father's root beer?
Angela l.
Long Beach, CA
Are these really a hard alcohol root beer like a hard cider or just slightly week with a more root beer taste?