Add a Photo

By BÉSAME COSMETICS
#826 in Lipstick
Carmine is a orange red that changes depending on your skin tone. Vibrant, neutral orange, not too yellow. A red-orange that is very becoming on warm and olive skin tones The most delectable lipstick with a semi-matte finish and one coat full coverage. The highest natural pigment content for a smooth, indelible, feather-proof finish. Reminiscent of the decorative cases used in the 1940s each lipstick is set in a gold plated bullet shaped case, with a protective velvet pouch for storage. Enriched with vitamins A, E and C, aloe and green tea. Our vintage reproduction colors are the exact shades used by your favorite Hollywood starlets.
Photos (11)
Jennifer M.
Jennifer M.
Van Wert, OH
Beauty Junkie Expert
Jan. 19, 2016, 4:48 p.m.
Review for: Red Velvet
I didn't discover Besame cosmetics until last year, I now own everything! Their lipsticks are divine. I can't express how every single shade of their red lipsticks are perfect...they just are. Red Velvet was my first. For starters their lipsticks are shaped in a way for you to line your lips first, then fill in. Secondly, the formula is perfection. Creamy and luxurious, not drying in the least. Yes, you will have to reapply after eating, but with any real lipstick you have to do that anyhow. The bullet is substantial and not cheaply made and don't be surprised if you find yourself needing the entire line.
Heather B.
Heather B.
May 25, 2016, 2:52 a.m.
Review for: Red Velvet
Let's be fair: I'm a comic book nerd who loves vintage fashion: of course I was going to buy the lipstick from Agent Carter. This was my first time trying the brand, and I did enjoy it. The shape of the bullet can be somewhat awkward, especially if you're trying to follow their instructions for application, but it is distinctive. The lipstick is highly pigmented and moisturizing, and lasted for about five hours. There is some transfer, but it is a good satin or demi-matte red, and a must have for nerd girls.
Kathy R.
Kathy R.
Miramar, FL
Feb. 15, 2016, 5:21 p.m.
Review for: Red Velvet
I saw this lipstick on TV on the show Agent Peggy Carter and I thought it was beautiful on the actress. I've never been daring enough to buy a red lipstick but thought "what the heck!" And researched what brand she was wearing. I made my order and I am thrilled to say this shade is beautiful. Very flattering on my medium complexion and lasts quite a while. Even after dinner my lips were stained with my new Velvet Red lipstick!!! Love love love it! Thank you
Jessika C.
Jessika C.
April 15, 2016, 6:55 p.m.
Review for: Red Velvet
Possibly my favorite #redlip ever. It suits all skin tones and feels #glamorous for both the day and night. It is #longwearing, #comfortable, and wears off well. It does transfer, but magically that doesn't necessarily mean that the pigment leaves your lips in any noticeable way. I don't know how they do it, but I've become a big fan of Besame's lipsticks because of this one.
Karyn M.
Karyn M.
Rockport, MA
Feb. 22, 2016, 7:54 p.m.
Review for: Red Velvet
Adore this lipstick! While a little more creamy than what I am used to (I generally wear liquid to matte lipsticks), this stuff stays on even when out drinking. I do suggest getting the Besame lip liner to get those flawless lips. And don't be put off the by the shape of the lipstick. It can be tricky to get used to (at least it was for me), but worth it!
Abby S.
Abby S.
Minneapolis, MN
Feb. 22, 2016, 10:03 p.m.
Review for: Cherry Red
I love Besame lipsticks and Cherry Red is no exception. My bullet has a bit drier of a formula than my other Besames but a lip primer helps in application. These lipsticks come in beautiful colors, have gorgeous packaging, and also have outstanding performance- mine last all day on me. Will continue buying lipsticks from Besame again and again.
Angela N.
Angela N.
Fort Smith
Jan. 6, 2016, 1:53 a.m.
Review for: Red Velvet
Perfect red. Even for a redhead! Maybe there are other perfect reds out there, but none that are so elegantly packaged as this! I feel like a million bucks and get told I have Marilyn Monroe lips when I wear this! It's vegan, highly pigmented, and long lasting. After a while the pointed edge dulls and I need a lip brush, but no matter😀
Shantea W.
March 23, 2016, 4:55 p.m.
Review for: Red Velvet
The formula is great and the color is amazing. The lipstick will transfer onto cups and things but it still stays on lips for hours! You most definitely want to use a lip liner to keep it where it belongs and be careful what you touch with your mouth.
Shantea W.
March 23, 2016, 4:57 p.m.
Review for: Cherry Red
Stays for hours and hours (but will transfer), the color is gorgeous dark red with some dark blue. It's my favorite red out of the 6 or so I regularly use right now. It also seems to have more depth on its own and isn't just flat red.
Sarah V.
Sarah V.
May 18, 2016, 2:49 a.m.
Review for: Red Velvet
Best lipstick on the market!! I can't rave enough about it. Red Velvet is my holy grail for a retro pinup red. I have tried a ton of red lipsticks buy now the search is over
Carissa D.
Carissa D.
Phoenix, AZ
Where can i get this online?
Melody  Q.
Melody Q.
Auburn, IN
How does this compare to other high end lipsticks? And is there a strong crayon scent?
Karissa V.
Karissa V.
Monroe Twp, NJ
What does the color look like? In some photos its orange, others it's an orange toned red, and others its a blood orange.
Julia B.
Julia B.
San Jose, CA
How does this look on pale skin with a blue undertone?
Julie R.
Julie R.
I have brown hair and it's a pixie cut. I also have really pale skin with a more yellow undertone. I really love the look of red lipstick on other people, but I've always been afraid to try it myself. Would it look good with my description?