Besame Cosmetics Vintage Lipstick

by Bésame Cosmetics

Carmine is a orange red that changes depending on your skin tone. Vibrant, neutral orange, not too yellow. A red-orange that is very becoming on warm and olive skin tones The most delectable lipstick with a semi-matte finish and one coat full coverage. The highest natural pigment content for a smooth, indelible, feather-proof finish. Reminiscent of the decorative cases used in the 1940s each lipstick is set in a gold plated bullet shaped case, with a protective velvet pouch for storage. Enriched with vitamins A, E and C, aloe and green tea. Our vintage reproduction colors are the exact shades used by your favorite Hollywood starlets.

Is the product worth the pricing or it it all about the look and packaging?
Has anyone tried this??! It looks absolutely incredible! I love anything vintage or retro.
Is this just something that you're paying for the pretty packaging or is this actually a quality product worth the money?
Start your review of Besame Cosmetics Vintage Lipstick!
Product Highlights
...that looks good on EVERYBODY! I love how it goes on; it's very smooth and creamy, and it stays put just about all day long if I blot it before I leave the house. This shade was made famous by Hayley Atwell, who wore it on the show Agent Carter. I'm glad she shared that that was what lipstick she was wearing; it deserves all the praise it gets!in 5 reviews
...Marilyn Monroe lips when I wear this! It's vegan, highly pigmented, and long lasting. After a while the pointed edge dulls and I need a lip brush, but no matter😀in 5 reviews
2 months ago
Review for: Red Velvet
Besame cosmetics makes one of the finest lines of lipsticks I’ve ever used. Red Velvet color is a classic 1940’s vintage red color with a blue undertone. The lipstick is opaque and glides on magnificently. Besame makes their lipsticks in a shape that helps to apply the lipstick color without going outside the lip line. This is very hydrating lipstick and the variety of vintage colors is beautiful. I highly recommend any color made by Besame cosmetics.
9 months ago
Besame Cosmetics Vintage Lipstick uploaded by Angie S.
I recently purchased Besame Cosmetics ‘Mickey Mouse Lipsticks and Mirror Set’ in honor of the 90th Anniversary of the creation of Mickey Mouse, and I love it! The set comes with two lipstick shades; one is a PH changing color named ‘Ink and Paint’ that starts out black but changes to varying berry shades depending on your skin & the other is a pure pigment shade named ‘Mickey Mouse Red’. I only tried the red lipstick so far, but so far I love it! I love a bold lip, and this ‘Mickey Mouse Red’ provides that perfect bold cool-tone red with a slight pink undertone.
10 months agoPasadena, CA
Review for: Red Velvet
If you are a vintage lover, then you would ABSOLUTELY love bésame! Gabriella does research and finds colors appropriate for the era and replicated them! The packaging is gorgeous with a unique shape! It smells like vanilla and the color is so creamy and opaque! Love everything about it!
2 years ago
This lipstick is PERFECT! I love the shape of the lipstick for application, it allows for better definition of lines! The colors never fail or rather I have yet to purchase one that I do not adore!
6 months agoEl Monte , CA
I have their vintage lipstick in the shade “chocolate kiss” & it smells of just that, chocolate. The application is smooth & lasting. It lasts longer when you dap slightly on a napkin after applying.
2 years ago
Besame Cosmetics Vintage Lipstick uploaded by Alyssa M.
Besame Cosmetics Vintage Lipstick uploaded by Alyssa M.
Review for: Besame
Me I love my besame lipstick in besame red I recieved this color for Christmas this is hands down the best red lip stick I have ever tried /owned it has great staying power
4 months agoGrand Forks, ND
Gorgeous range of shades from Besame. I have admittedly collected (hoarded) nearly all of the shades, only excluding the ones I just know are not for me. I suggest using a lip liner to avoid bleeding. In certain shades, this lipstick does stain the lips. This is not something that bothers me, but others may mind.
3 years agoOrlando, FL
This is my all time favorite red lipstick! I love that they theme the colors by the era. I purchased my first Besame lipstick after watching Captain America movie and saw peggy Carters beautiful red lip. I loved how beautiful the color was as it stood out on the movie screen. I immediately googled it and saw the beautiful vintage packaging that it came in. I was hooked but that price!!! I sucked it up and ordered its hand made here in the USA out of LA and they were originally developed for the hollywood movie industry. When i received the lipstick it was MORE than i could have ever asked for butter smooth and my lips never dry out. When i went to LA a year later i had to buy more from there star in LA. I am so glad i went in i had so much fun learning about the brand and i always love getting compliments on the perfect red lip and telling people about Besame. Now i am gifting a few this holiday season, i mean after all you have to gift what you know they will love.
3 years agoPorterville, CA
That packaging! It's to die for! It's sooooo pigmented and I love the precision! It's long lasting and beautify crafted. I love everything of this product and it made a great Christmas gift for my loved one, I would buy again
3 years agoShrewsbury, MA
Besame Cosmetics American Beauty, original lipstick color from 1945, is STUNNING. It is the absolutely perfect red for me. Matte finish, comfy to wear, non drying, and long lasting, this is my new favorite lipstick! The first application, I did not follow my normal lipstick protocol of liner and application with a brush. No matter! No feathering, stayed put, even through drinking and eating, with minimal transfer. I got the American Beauty, I gave my mom the Tango Red, which is an orangey-based red that looks absolutely fabulous with her skin tone. I kind of want to buy up as much as I can afford to make sure I always have some in stock. I can do that, right? Someone want to donate to the cause? ;)
Ask a question to the Influenster community...