Add a Photo

By BÉSAME COSMETICS
#514 in Lipstick
Carmine is a orange red that changes depending on your skin tone. Vibrant, neutral orange, not too yellow. A red-orange that is very becoming on warm and olive skin tones The most delectable lipstick with a semi-matte finish and one coat full coverage. The highest natural pigment content for a smooth, indelible, feather-proof finish. Reminiscent of the decorative cases used in the 1940s each lipstick is set in a gold plated bullet shaped case, with a protective velvet pouch for storage. Enriched with vitamins A, E and C, aloe and green tea. Our vintage reproduction colors are the exact shades used by your favorite Hollywood starlets.
Photos (11)
Toronto, Ontario

Besamé Cosmetic's Red Velvet is the most beautiful red I've tried. It applies beautifully and is very pigmented, so it lasts a long time. It is a Demi-matte finish, extremely comfortable to wear and not drying. It has a light vanilla scent that doesn't linger but doesn't taste like anything.

I have found that it doesn't feather even if I forget lip liner and although not transfer-proof if you blot a couple of times you don't leave lipstick rings everywhere if you're out drinking. I was careful at a recent holiday dinner and made it through a 5-course dinner with my lipstick still looking flawless.

I love that this brand is cruelty-free and a family-owned company from California.

This lipstick is an amazing product! I also own Dusty Rose and it is my favorite for daytime.
Jennifer M.
Jennifer M.
Van Wert, OH

I didn't discover Besame cosmetics until last year, I now own everything! Their lipsticks are divine. I can't express how every single shade of their red lipsticks are perfect...they just are. Red Velvet was my first. For starters their lipsticks are shaped in a way for you to line your lips first, then fill in. Secondly, the formula is perfection. Creamy and luxurious, not drying in the least. Yes, you will have to reapply after eating, but with any real lipstick you have to do that anyhow. The bullet is substantial and not cheaply made and don't be surprised if you find yourself needing the entire line.
Toronto, Ontario

Besamé Cosmetic's Dusty Rose is the most beautiful daytime shade I've tried. It applies beautifully and is very pigmented, so it lasts a long time. It is a Demi-matte finish, extremely comfortable to wear and not drying.

This lipstick is an amazing product! I also own Red Velvet and it is perfection.
Heather B.
Heather B.

Let's be fair: I'm a comic book nerd who loves vintage fashion: of course I was going to buy the lipstick from Agent Carter. This was my first time trying the brand, and I did enjoy it. The shape of the bullet can be somewhat awkward, especially if you're trying to follow their instructions for application, but it is distinctive. The lipstick is highly pigmented and moisturizing, and lasted for about five hours. There is some transfer, but it is a good satin or demi-matte red, and a must have for nerd girls.
Shelby D.
Shelby D.
Warren, MI

I have yet to see a person who wears this lipstick that DOESN'T look good in it. Gloria Hernandez has found the universal shade of red that looks good on EVERYBODY! I love how it goes on; it's very smooth and creamy, and it stays put just about all day long if I blot it before I leave the house. This shade was made famous by Hayley Atwell, who wore it on the show Agent Carter. I'm glad she shared that that was what lipstick she was wearing; it deserves all the praise it gets!
Kathy R.
Kathy R.
Miramar, FL

I saw this lipstick on TV on the show Agent Peggy Carter and I thought it was beautiful on the actress. I've never been daring enough to buy a red lipstick but thought "what the heck!" And researched what brand she was wearing. I made my order and I am thrilled to say this shade is beautiful. Very flattering on my medium complexion and lasts quite a while. Even after dinner my lips were stained with my new Velvet Red lipstick!!! Love love love it! Thank you
Jessika C.
Jessika C.

Possibly my favorite #redlip ever. It suits all skin tones and feels #glamorous for both the day and night. It is #longwearing, #comfortable, and wears off well. It does transfer, but magically that doesn't necessarily mean that the pigment leaves your lips in any noticeable way. I don't know how they do it, but I've become a big fan of Besame's lipsticks because of this one.
Karyn M.
Karyn M.
Rockport, MA

Adore this lipstick! While a little more creamy than what I am used to (I generally wear liquid to matte lipsticks), this stuff stays on even when out drinking. I do suggest getting the Besame lip liner to get those flawless lips. And don't be put off the by the shape of the lipstick. It can be tricky to get used to (at least it was for me), but worth it!
Abby S.
Abby S.
Minneapolis, MN

I love Besame lipsticks and Cherry Red is no exception. My bullet has a bit drier of a formula than my other Besames but a lip primer helps in application. These lipsticks come in beautiful colors, have gorgeous packaging, and also have outstanding performance- mine last all day on me. Will continue buying lipsticks from Besame again and again.
Angela N.
Angela N.
Fort Smith

Perfect red. Even for a redhead! Maybe there are other perfect reds out there, but none that are so elegantly packaged as this! I feel like a million bucks and get told I have Marilyn Monroe lips when I wear this! It's vegan, highly pigmented, and long lasting. After a while the pointed edge dulls and I need a lip brush, but no matter😀
Melody  Q.
Melody Q.
Auburn, IN

How does this compare to other high end lipsticks? And is there a strong crayon scent?
Carissa D.
Carissa D.
Phoenix, AZ

Where can i get this online?
Julia B.
Julia B.
San Jose, CA

How does this look on pale skin with a blue undertone?
Karissa V.
Karissa V.
Monroe Twp, NJ

What does the color look like? In some photos its orange, others it's an orange toned red, and others its a blood orange.
Julie R.
Julie R.

I have brown hair and it's a pixie cut. I also have really pale skin with a more yellow undertone. I really love the look of red lipstick on other people, but I've always been afraid to try it myself. Would it look good with my description?

Join Now