Besame Cosmetics Vintage Lipstick

Carmine is a orange red that changes depending on your skin tone. Vibrant, neutral orange, not too yellow. A red-orange that is very becoming on warm and olive skin tones The most delectable lipstick with a semi-matte finish and one coat full coverage. The highest natural pigment content for a smooth, indelible, feather-proof finish. Reminiscent of the decorative cases used in the 1940s each lipstick is set in a gold plated bullet shaped case, with a protective velvet pouch for storage. Enriched with vitamins A, E and C, aloe and green tea. Our vintage reproduction colors are the exact shades used by your favorite Hollywood starlets. see more...

• Is the product worth the pricing or it it all about the look and ...2 Answers
  • Has anyone tried this??! It looks absolutely incredible! I love ...2 Answers
  • Is this just something that you're paying for the pretty packagin...1 Answers
Alyssa M.
Review for: Besame more...
Me I love my besame lipstick in besame red I recieved this color for Christmas this is hands down the best red lip stick I have ever tried /owned it has great staying power
Scarlett D.
San Diego, CA
Review for: Cherry Red, Besame more...
I have purchased these lipsticks in about 6 colors and I haven't found one to disappoint me yet! They wear beautifully, smell nice and look so pretty coming out of your handbag - so classic and elegant and timeless...
Amber M.
This lipstick is PERFECT! I love the shape of the lipstick for application, it allows for better definition of lines! The colors never fail or rather I have yet to purchase one that I do not adore!
Alexis Marie B.
Review for: Red Velvet more...
I love this product! It’s the perfect red shade it lasts a long time! The packaging as well is so cute a lot of celebrities love using these products I myself love them too and they are made with harmless ingredients. The owner cares so much about keeping her clients safe and happy I love it
Amanda B.
Orlando, FL
This is my all time favorite red lipstick! I love that they theme the colors by the era. I purchased my first Besame lipstick after watching Captain America movie and saw peggy Carters beautiful red lip. I loved how beautiful the color was as it stood out on the movie screen. I immediately googled it and saw the beautiful vintage packaging that it came in. I was hooked but that price!!!
I sucked it up and ordered its hand made here in the USA out of LA and they were originally developed for the hollywood movie industry.
When i received the lipstick it was MORE than i could have ever asked for butter smooth and my lips never dry out. When i went to LA a year later i had to buy more from there star in LA. I am so glad i went in i had so much fun learning about the brand and i always love getting compliments on the perfect red lip and telling people about Besame.
Now i am gifting a few this holiday season, i mean after all you have to gift what you know they will love.
amy z.
I have a few of the lipsticks, but the Besame Red is by far my favorite bold lip color. Its a very bright classic red. The staying power is really good and just the overall story and packaging is very appealing! I love this company and their products!
Nancy C.
Porterville, CA
That packaging! It's to die for! It's sooooo pigmented and I love the precision! It's long lasting and beautify crafted. I love everything of this product and it made a great Christmas gift for my loved one, I would buy again
Tiffany H.
Shrewsbury, MA
Besame Cosmetics American Beauty, original lipstick color from 1945, is STUNNING. It is the absolutely perfect red for me. Matte finish, comfy to wear, non drying, and long lasting, this is my new favorite lipstick!
The first application, I did not follow my normal lipstick protocol of liner and application with a brush. No matter! No feathering, stayed put, even through drinking and eating, with minimal transfer.
I got the American Beauty, I gave my mom the Tango Red, which is an orangey-based red that looks absolutely fabulous with her skin tone. I kind of want to buy up as much as I can afford to make sure I always have some in stock. I can do that, right? Someone want to donate to the cause? ;)
Isela C.
Review for: Carmine more...
I've heard about Besame lipsticks (and products in general) for a while now and always wanted to try but wasn't too sure if I wanted to spend so much on a lipstick I've never tried. One day while scrolling through Zulily, I noticed they had this brand on their flash site at a discounted price. Being since I've heard great things about them and wanted to try them for a while I went ahead and bought a few of their products, this being one of them.
Now I've used this lipstick for a month now and I can honestly say that I wish I would have purchased from them sooner! This lipstick is so pigmented, it smells like sweet vanilla, and lasts for a good amount of time. The same of these lipsticks is unique, it almost reminds me of a pyramid. The great part about the shape is that you can really sculpt out your upper lip.

Overall do I recommend this lipstick, you bet ya!
Jennifer M.
Van Wert, OH
Review for: Red Velvet more...
I didn't discover Besame cosmetics until last year, I now own everything! Their lipsticks are divine. I can't express how every single shade of their red lipsticks are perfect...they just are. Red Velvet was my first. For starters their lipsticks are shaped in a way for you to line your lips first, then fill in. Secondly, the formula is perfection. Creamy and luxurious, not drying in the least. Yes, you will have to reapply after eating, but with any real lipstick you have to do that anyhow. The bullet is substantial and not cheaply made and don't be surprised if you find yourself needing the entire line.
Melody  Q.
Auburn, IN
How does this compare to other high end lipsticks? And is there a strong crayon scent?
Carissa D.
Phoenix, AZ
Where can i get this online?
Ciara S.
Beaufort, SC
Is the product worth the pricing or it it all about the look and packaging?
Natasha M.
I've heard great things about this brand recently and the packaging is devine. What kind of texture do these have and how long do they last on a normal wear?
Jaden ..
Has anyone tried this??! It looks absolutely incredible! I love anything vintage or retro.