BY BÉSAME COSMETICS

Using only the safest and best ingredients we make long lasting lipsticks to give you classic glamour of any era. Encased in a gold lipstick bullet inspired by the tubes of the 1940s, these treasures will look lovely when applied, having everyone turn heads. With our classic lipstick shape designed for form and function, used for many lipsticks in the 1930s and 1940s, you can apply with ease. Use the sharp tips to line lips and the blunt side to fill in color. Blot once or twice with tissue for long lasting wear. Get ready to be admired…...

• High concentration of pigments means a long-wearing lip color
  • No lip pencil needed—lipstick is wedge shaped for perfect shape. Just apply with narrow edge, fill with flat edge, blot with tissue, then reapply
  • Satin-finish makes lips look full and soft, with a refined, velvety finish

Made in the USA.

Buy on Sephora
Lydia G.
St. George
Review for: Velvet 1946, Blood, Victory
These lipsticks are absolutely lovely. I adore the vintage theme, and the packaging is gorgeous. They even smell amazing; just a classic, simple lipstick smell!

Red Velvet is my absolute favorite red lipstick. It was my first from Besame, and I was attracted to it because of the vintage theme, and because Hayley Atwell tweeted about it, of course. It's pigmented, easy to apply, and long-wearing. I apply it, blot, and reapply it to get the best finish, and it's pretty great.

Victory Red and Blood Red are not quite as perfect as Red Velvet, though. They both have a bit of a gritty texture, which was really surprising, since Red Velvet was so smooth. Victory Red is just as easy to work with as Red Velvet, though it doesn't wear as long, and honestly, the color just doesn't work on me. I bought the limited edition version of Victory Red, and the box it came in is so ridiculously cute, I still have it on display on my desk. The pin is also really neat, and it's also on display.

Blood Red, in addition to being gritty, was just difficult to work with. Getting the color to apply evenly was a chore, and I usually ended up taking it off and applying a different shade because I was just never satisfied with it. Because the first two shades were such wonderful quality, I'm going to just assume that Blood Red is just a bad shade, at least until I try more of these lipsticks.

For now, I absolutely adore this brand, and although they're pricey, I'll definitely be purchasing more of these lipsticks.
Jasmine K.
Review for: Merlot 1933, Noir 1930, Blood
Besame has become my go-to brand for every type of makeup, but in the realm of lipstick, they are unbeatable. Every color is a perfect match to an actual vintage color. They are highly pigmented and last all day long with little to no touch ups. With a little dabbing, lip liner, and powder they don't run at all. They also keep my lips moist and smooth rather than getting flaky and dry as the day goes on. Noir, blood red, and merlot are my absolute favorite for Halloween styles. In all honesty, I love every one of their colors and use them everyday all year. For a causal look throughout October, Merlot is perfection. It's such a gorgeous deep red that screams fall. Blood red and Noir are a little more of a specific look, but I love them too! Noir also works beautifully for a 20s/30s look that is simply divine. I cannot recommend a product more highly than I do these lipsticks. I never leave home without one on and I highly suggest you check out Besame Cosmetics Classic Color Lipsticks
April R.
Snowville
Review for: Velvet 1946
This lipstick is my go to red. I have never and I mean never been able to wear res lipstick until I bought this color. Other reds looked orange and weird, but not this. Besame is a quality brand. This red looks great. It’s super pigmented and lasts all day. I always use a balm before applying. No need for lip liner because the end of the lipstick is wedged. Absolutely beautiful shade.
Rebecca V.
Review for: Merlot 1933
Ever since I heard of Besame Cosmetics I knew I needed to have at LEAST one of their products. I'm so glad that I was able to get my hands on the 1933 Merlot lipstick earlier this year! Merlot is a beautiful deep red/ wine, hence the name Merlot, color. I have worn it for every occasion that I have attended and it holds up beautifully! It requires little touch ups and has an amazing staying power. It has a faint vanilla scent to it, but not too much where it can be overbearing and uncomfortable as you're wearing it. The packaging is absolutely gorgeous and stays true to it's vintage influence. It is pricey but it is definitely worth every penny and it will not disappoint.
Aisling B.
Dekalb
Review for: Hot Red 1959
This is my all time favorite brand of lipstick, and if you're a rockabilly/vintage fan, it will be yours as well. It comes in an array of classic colors, named after years from the 20s through the 60s. The colors are gorgeous, creamy, and super pigmented. The shape of the lipstick makes it easy to apply, and the packaging literally makes you feel like a golden age starlet. Besame Cosmetics Classic Color Lipsticks
October L.
Review for: Other
Besame Classic Color Lipstick in Dusty Rose 🌹 This Shade is a true replica of a color from 1969 🌹 I wore this beautiful shade yesterday and it did not disappoint! This formula is comfortable on the lips and wears well. For me this is a beautiful everyday shade, not too bold not too neutral. #lipstick #lotd #octoberlynnkc #lipstickaddict #dustyrose #besame #besamedustyrose #lipstickoftheday #madeintheusa #crueltyfree #mak
Armyn D.
San Diego, CA
Review for: Merlot 1933
I think this is the perfect red for fall and it’s comfortable to wear. It last pretty long for a lipstick and when it fades it leaves a nice stain on the lips where it doesn’t look like you have just lined your lips. The only thing I don’t really like about this product is the shape of the lipstick. I find lipsticks that are this shape are so hard to use. However, the packing is so cute and vintage. If you live in LA and haven’t visited the store I suggest you do. It’s like I traveled back to the 1920s when I walked in.
Sarah T.
Review for: Velvet 1946
Such a luxurious product. It really is for when you want to treat yourself. I love the bullet shape, the packaging, and the color. I got this color because it’s their most popular and I wasn’t disappointed!
Nicolette J.
Review for: Carmine 1931, Tango 1930, Besame 1920, Victory, Hot Red 1959
I️ really love these lip colors. The packing is very beautiful too. As a flight attendant, I️ have to have a great red lipstick that lasts! I️ used to have a purse full of different reds, but since discovering Tango Red, I️ have my signature color! I️ like that I️ can use this as both a liner and a lipstick. I️ get so many compliments and always have people asking what the brand is when they see that I️ can work a long flight without having to reapply.
Cynthia A.
Avoca, PA
Review for: Hot Red 1959
Although a little pricey for a lipstick, this does a fantastic job with its holding power! The color is original to the one that Marilyn Monroe wore, which this company did a great job with replicating. It stays on up to at least 6 hours, which is great for a lipstick! I highly recommend this product to everyone! Definitely will repurchase.
Jane B.
Is it worth it to try out the matchbox testers first or should I just bite the bullet and go for the full size? Has anyone used the matchbox tester and used it to make a decision whether or not to buy the full product?
Cindy H.
Which color is the most universally flattering?
Lindsay D.
Should this lipstick be used with a liner?
Dianne R.
Louisville , KY
These colors are amazing but I can't seem to get them to set right. They smear, bleed and leave traces all over the place. Any recommendations for keeping the color on my lips and not on everything else in the house?
Jill G.
Will this stay on while I eat? That's always the biggest problem I have with lipsticks