BY 5-HOUR ENERGY #26 in Energy Drinks

Buy now on Vitamin Shoppe
and get 5.0% CASH BACK with
powered by

It was the first 5-hour ENERGY® flavor, and still one of the most popular. Boasting an effective blend of B-vitamins, nutrients and caffeine, Berry 5-hour ENERGY® started it all in 2004. Want a great pick-me-up? Go retro and order this classic today.

• Fixes tired fast.
  • Gets you back to 100 percent.
  • Sugar free.
  • Four calories.
  • Vitamins, nutrients and about as much caffeine as eight ounces of the leading premium coffee.
  • Drink it in seconds, feel it in minutes, lasts for hours.
  • Portable, and requires no refrigeration

• What's the most you've ever consumed in one day?1 Answers
  • Does this really give you a boost of energy for 5 hours??2 Answers
  • anyone know if the product works well? I have tried othe...4 Answers
Virginia Y.
Seattle, WA
I've been taking these shots for many years now so I can attest to the fact that when it comes to simply keeping you awake all night and throughout the day. It's literally like taking multiple shots of espresso! You will be wired…!!! So fair warning, you're taking what amounts to a huge cup of coffee, along-side some other ingredients to keep you up, just know what you're getting into. I find 5-hour energy to be very effective when I have a late night of studying or in the morning after I’ve had a late night partying. It really helps me stay awake. However what they're not effective for is working out, and I’ve tried this, and it simply doesn’t compare to a traditional pre-workout.

If you've ever tried to workout while taking huge doses of caffeine or 5-hour energy you'll notice that you'll get very tired and very sore during and after your workout, but you won’t be able to sleep well. If you're planning on taking 5-hour energy to help power you through a work out I suggest trying a pre-workout, like this pre-workout, which is like the ones the Olympic athletes use, instead of this energy shot. There are no harmful fillers or chemical and it's formulated specifically to boost your performance in the gym, instead of just keeping you awake and alert. Some people actually use this pre-workout in lieu of caffeine, but I don't recommend this unless you're working out in the morning. I actually do use this method: I take my pre-workout, then go to the gym, then go to work. The energy I get from the pre-workout lasts throughout midday. I would not recommend taking both at the same time, you will get jittery and feel like crap frankly.

In summation, 5-hour energy works like a charm but has its limitations and the drawbacks. If you want something a little more formulated just take a pre-workout like the one I mentioned, or do a little more research into the concept to get an idea of what might work best for you.
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
I have tried these a few times and they never worked for me. I'm not a coffee, tea, soda or general caffeine drinker so I'm thinking maybe you need some sort of addiction or regular intake of caffeine for some caffeine to pick you up like they advertise. Otherwise maybe it's more psychological and it's a placebo effect. I'm not sure.
All I know is that they are super expensive per ounce for a drink, even an energy type drink, and they didn't do one thing for me other than quench my thirst for 10 seconds.
I'm giving it two stars because it tasted decent. The bottle was very easy to find on the go at gas stations. It's very small and therefore very portable. Unlike energy drinks and coffee you can keep this in your purse or pants at work so if it does work for you it's really easy to access it anywhere because it is so easy to carry with you.
It's also a very small amount so it's really easy to drink the entire "dose" at one time which is much easier than a big coffee or energy drink. That's also got to be much healthier than those things on your teeth.
Overall this is a good product but the fact that even drinking 2 or 3 of these at a time doesn't do anything for me at all no matter how tired I am or how awake I am is a huge deal. Therefore I can't recommend it because I've seen no proof that it works even a little bit.
Adam F.
mount vernon, OH
I work a job where I am either in a car for 10 - 12 hours or in an office for 12 - 15 hours a day....so with that being said it is very difficult to have energy and find the energy to finish out the day.

This is always worth the purchase and always good to have on hand for any situation where you're falling asleep while standing.

I have been a musician for many years and have traveled and played countless shows and driven countless miles.

I think about 25% of my warning during those years went towards this glorious hear pumping nectar!
Jessica G.
Owensboro, KY
I first tried this product when I was working 3rd shift. I would drink this on my days off to stay awake and get things done. I love this product, I now drink these when I have a lot to do any zero energy. These give me the enègy I need with out being jittery or getting a severe headache. I have tried other energy drinks and supplements. I always come back to 5 hour energy. It is the best I have tried. I gave it 4 starts only because of the taste. It is tough to say the least. If you can get past that, it is an amazing product.
Mary Kate M.
Leawood
I am not a fan of the 5 hour energy drink. I bought one of them last year. When I drank it, the flavor wasn't very bad, which I was expecting it to not taste great (since energy drinks really aren't my thing) but as the time went only didn't feel anything. The only thing I felt was my heart racing, but I was still sleepy, sluggish, and not very productive. I do not recommend five hour energy.
holley t.
COLUMBIANA, AL
LIfesaver when I use to work in the emergency room. I worked night shift , but I am a mom so being able to sleep during the day was only a cute thought. Most of the time, I would only have 4-6 hours of sleep between shifts. Some days, I could tucker through my shift with some coffee and adrenaline, but some days the lack of sleep would catch up with me. The 5 hour energy is great for a pick me up in conjunction with coffee (I always drink coffee when I wake up so I cannot review without it) . The flavor is not great, but its only a shot so I can tolerate it. I do not recommend depending on these every day, because you have to sleep for your body to restore itself. However, I know that is not always feasible and these little energy shots are great for those days/nights.
Catherine R.
While 5-hour Energy does a good job of giving me a boost of energy and is the one I reach for if I desperately need a pick me up, it tastes disgusting.  I have tried all of the flavors and they all taste like vomit.  They are a means to an end.  I like the fact that they aren't full of weird chemicals like most of them and the "energy" product in them is B-12 and caffeine.  It is better than some of the others out there in that respect.  I also like that it is small and gets finished in two or 3 swallows.  I MUCH prefer that to having to drink a giant energy drink.  Plus it doesn't give me heart palpitations like so many energy drinks.  Another down side is the price.  These bad boys aren't cheap.
Corinne H.
Wilmington, DE
This little bottle packs a big punch. I love having these in my purse and diaper bag for those mornings where chaos gets the better of me and I have to skip my coffee. They are also great for road trips, since unlike a big cup of coffee, these don't make me need to stop at rest stops anywhere near as often, a big plus for a busy mom traveling with kids.
Frankie S.
Sacramento, CA
A product that lives up to its name always makes me happy, as this applies to this product. These are a small quick little bottle that is quality packaging, not the worst tasting and well worth it’s price. If you typically don’t do caffeine, I wouldn’t recommend them bc they can be a bit overwhelming, but as someone that relies on caffeine bc I work overnights, these are a lifesaver.
Tasha W.
Ashland
It really wasn't for me.  It didn't do what I expected it to and it didn't taste good at all to top it off. I drank it and waited and after an hour of not feeling anything I reached for a coffee instead.  That was just the first time I tried it.  I did try a couple more times and I got the same exact response I either reached for a monster or a coffee because it did nothing for me.  I wanted to make sure it wasn't just the day being I guess you could call it a day.
Tasha R.
Fairfield , CA
Does this product leave you feeling jittery and anxious?
Patricia d.
Bristow, VA
I've heard the 5 Hour Energy doesn't have a crash like a Redbull, is that true?? Also, does this have a medicine-ish flavor because that's usually a huge turn off for me.
Tanisha C.
Brooklyn, NY
Has anyone actually timed how long it last. Does it last more than 5 hrs.?
Olivia A.
Rockford , IL
A friend told me about these..Are they good? Do they really work?? I have a sleeping problem can't sleep!
Michelle D.
London, ON
How does it taste? Ive always just used warm milk...

back