Berry Regular Strength 5-hour ENERGY® Shot uploaded by GeMarques T.Berry Regular Strength 5-hour ENERGY® Shot uploaded by Jessica C.Berry Regular Strength 5-hour ENERGY® Shot uploaded by Jennifer M.

BY 5-HOUR ENERGY #16 in Energy Drinks

It was the first 5-hour ENERGY® flavor, and still one of the most popular. Boasting an effective blend of B-vitamins, nutrients and caffeine, Berry 5-hour ENERGY® started it all in 2004. Want a great pick-me-up? Go retro and order this classic today.

• Fixes tired fast.
  • Gets you back to 100 percent.
  • Sugar free.
  • Four calories.
  • Vitamins, nutrients and about as much caffeine as eight ounces of the leading premium coffee.
  • Drink it in seconds, feel it in minutes, lasts for hours.
  • Portable, and requires no refrigeration

• Does this really give you a boost of energy for 5 hours??1 Answers
  • anyone know if the product works well? I have tried others that ...3 Answers
  • Does anyone else get the shakes after taking this? every time I t...2 Answers
Virginia Y.
Seattle, WA
I've been taking these shots for many years now so I can attest to the fact that when it comes to simply keeping you awake all night and throughout the day. It's literally like taking multiple shots of espresso! You will be wired…!!! So fair warning, you're taking what amounts to a huge cup of coffee, along-side some other ingredients to keep you up, just know what you're getting into. I find 5-hour energy to be very effective when I have a late night of studying or in the morning after I’ve had a late night partying. It really helps me stay awake. However what they're not effective for is working out, and I’ve tried this, and it simply doesn’t compare to a traditional pre-workout.

If you've ever tried to workout while taking huge doses of caffeine or 5-hour energy you'll notice that you'll get very tired and very sore during and after your workout, but you won’t be able to sleep well. If you're planning on taking 5-hour energy to help power you through a work out I suggest trying a pre-workout, like this pre-workout, which is like the ones the Olympic athletes use, instead of this energy shot. There are no harmful fillers or chemical and it's formulated specifically to boost your performance in the gym, instead of just keeping you awake and alert. Some people actually use this pre-workout in lieu of caffeine, but I don't recommend this unless you're working out in the morning. I actually do use this method: I take my pre-workout, then go to the gym, then go to work. The energy I get from the pre-workout lasts throughout midday. I would not recommend taking both at the same time, you will get jittery and feel like crap frankly.

In summation, 5-hour energy works like a charm but has its limitations and the drawbacks. If you want something a little more formulated just take a pre-workout like the one I mentioned, or do a little more research into the concept to get an idea of what might work best for you.
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
I have tried these a few times and they never worked for me. I'm not a coffee, tea, soda or general caffeine drinker so I'm thinking maybe you need some sort of addiction or regular intake of caffeine for some caffeine to pick you up like they advertise. Otherwise maybe it's more psychological and it's a placebo effect. I'm not sure.
All I know is that they are super expensive per ounce for a drink, even an energy type drink, and they didn't do one thing for me other than quench my thirst for 10 seconds.
I'm giving it two stars because it tasted decent. The bottle was very easy to find on the go at gas stations. It's very small and therefore very portable. Unlike energy drinks and coffee you can keep this in your purse or pants at work so if it does work for you it's really easy to access it anywhere because it is so easy to carry with you.
It's also a very small amount so it's really easy to drink the entire "dose" at one time which is much easier than a big coffee or energy drink. That's also got to be much healthier than those things on your teeth.
Overall this is a good product but the fact that even drinking 2 or 3 of these at a time doesn't do anything for me at all no matter how tired I am or how awake I am is a huge deal. Therefore I can't recommend it because I've seen no proof that it works even a little bit.
Kristina P.
Lk Havasu Cty, AZ
I love being able to grab this little bottle of tummy energy while I'm chasing down my 2yr old son while at the same time keeping a watchful eye on my 7 month old, not to mention my daughter's 2nd grade homework. It's really does its job and its full of good for you essential vitamins. It doesn't make you all jittery and restless like any drink would do. Plus NO CRASH it slowly ceases. i recommend this highly especially if your like me and chasing lils while cooking and helping with homework.
Chad M.
La Fayette, GA
I used to work 3rd shift and I was usually on 10 hour shifts at a time. I would drink other energy drinks but I would always get a sugar rush and then I sugar crash. Unfortunately that hurts work performance because you can’t perform. 5 hour energies are a great alternative to the unhealthy and bulky energy drinks. It tastes good, gives you energy, and is exactly what it says, a shot. I would take 2 of these and I would be good to go for my nightly routine.
Donna G.
This is great to use. Not only does it allow you to customize your dosage, half of a bottle to maintain or a full bottle to motivate, it is free of unpronouncable chemicals found in most carbonated energy drinks. There are many flavors to choose from but I prefer the berry or pomegranate. They are less than $3 at Wal-Mart and can also be purchased in a multi pack in the pharmacy for even greater savings.
Savannah H.
This is really a staple for me, being a mom of many will leave you mostly exhausted so I do need a giant cup of coffee most days but, some days I like to switch it up and just have one of these, this lil bottle will keep me going until about 8 pm, which for us is thankfully bedtime. The flavor is not great but, it's also not too bad. I highly recommend this if you need a pick me up that actually works.
Corey K.
Saint Paul, MN
At first I was a bit skeptical with trying is, as typically I get my caffeine from natural sources such as coffee or tea.  Having said that, 5-hour Energy Shot gives me as much alertness as a cup of coffee, which is amazing because many other energy drinks don't give me the that same energy.  The only drawback on this is the taste, as the taste is unbearable for me so I have to chug it all at once.  Minus the taste this works as it says it's going to do, as it keeps my alertness high for around 5 to 6 hours.  Would highly recommend for those who don't like coffee or tea.
Mary Kate M.
I am not a fan of the 5 hour energy drink. I bought one of them last year. When I drank it, the flavor wasn't very bad, which I was expecting it to not taste great (since energy drinks really aren't my thing) but as the time went only didn't feel anything. The only thing I felt was my heart racing, but I was still sleepy, sluggish, and not very productive. I do not recommend five hour energy.
holley t.
LIfesaver when I use to work in the emergency room. I worked night shift , but I am a mom so being able to sleep during the day was only a cute thought. Most of the time, I would only have 4-6 hours of sleep between shifts. Some days, I could tucker through my shift with some coffee and adrenaline, but some days the lack of sleep would catch up with me. The 5 hour energy is great for a pick me up in conjunction with coffee (I always drink coffee when I wake up so I cannot review without it) . The flavor is not great, but its only a shot so I can tolerate it. I do not recommend depending on these every day, because you have to sleep for your body to restore itself. However, I know that is not always feasible and these little energy shots are great for those days/nights.
Ehsan K.
San Dimas, CA
Not usually a fan of these types of products but oh my goodness. It's like all the benefits of a heart attack without the annoying possibility of death. There's panic and elation all at the same time. Hope and regret together like old buddies. Confidence and blind stupidity mix together like peanut butter and jelly. All of this for that much needed boost. Well done folks.
Tasha R.
Fairfield , CA
Does this product leave you feeling jittery and anxious?
Tanisha C.
Brooklyn, NY
Has anyone actually timed how long it last. Does it last more than 5 hrs.?
Patricia d.
Bristow, VA
I've heard the 5 Hour Energy doesn't have a crash like a Redbull, is that true?? Also, does this have a medicine-ish flavor because that's usually a huge turn off for me.
Olivia A.
Rockford , IL
A friend told me about these..Are they good? Do they really work?? I have a sleeping problem can't sleep!
Courtney S.
Abingdon, MD
Do you get any ill side effects from drinking these?