Bergan Elite Pet Carrier Elite Pet Carrier

BY BERGAN ELITE PET CARRIER

Bergan Elite Pet Carrier Elite Pet Carrier
Sabrina R.
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
This carrier is so much better than the plastic standard carriers that are sold. They are worth the extra cost because they are easy to transport. I have a small cat so I just put the strap around my shoulder rather than having to hold it on my side. The cat seems to be a little less afraid as well because of all the ventilation and him actually being able to see where he's going rather than trapped in a crate with a small peep hole.
Meghan L.
Cedar Park, TX
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I suggest getting a hard plastic pet carrier because from personal experience these soft ones just don't last as long. My cat somehow managed to rip a whole in this and stuck her head out of it and it choked her and I had to pull over and tear it apart. So just be super cautious and check for wholes if you have this they could escape or get injured!
Jazmin N.
Johnstown, PA
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
I bought this as a temporary carrier for my cat when he needed to go to the vet. He is overweight and about 20lbs. He fit nicely and comfortably in the carrier. The straps made it easier to transport him from my house to the vet. I think a hard carrier is much better than this one for animals that are heavy, after a few uses it really started to show wear so I bought a hard carrier. It was good for temporary use though.
Margaret M.
Rossville, GA
Yes I could carry the cat and it but it wasn't difficult for him to shred the mesh. I also had issues with the bag falling over while trying to travel because someone didn't want to hold still. I ended up having to go find a larger hard plastic crate. My 8lb cat fit into the carrier easily but the chunky boy who is closer to 12 pounds was cramped.
Denise T.
Milwaukee, WI
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
This carrier is amazing! The price is comparable to most plastic carriers, if not slightly more. One of my cats gets distressed when traveling. He will claw at the metal gate on the hard carriers, and ripped out a claw doing so. With this carrier he can move more freely, and I don't need to worry about him damaging his claws.
Delores H.
New Philadelphia
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
This product is great for traveling I took my dog in this from California to Ohio and have used it over and over so many times lightweight easy to clean I would recommend this product very highly
Jennifer T.
New Phila, OH
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I love the bergan elite pet carrier its great for traveling in the car on a bus or even on a plane!! I would recommend it for when you travel with smaller pets!!
Jessica P.
Jamestown, NY
With my first cat, I wanted to find something that I could put on my lap when taking him to the vet. Like most cats, he hated to go and this was less of a barrier between us. My other cat who is now at the rainbow bridge, wouldn't get out of it because he was so comfortable in it. What you don't see that the back doesn't have the mesh and it's nice to turn it around. That way bigger dogs can't see the cat inside. The carpet that's inside can be easily pulled out (it's grounded by Velcro) to be washed in the washer. There's a card board insert that it's connected to and you can take it out to clean. Very easy to do so after each use. Durable and I've had this for almost ten years. My older cat tries to claw his way out through the mesh each time he goes to the vet and there isn't any damage. The only qualm I have is that it doesn't hold leaks in very well. The older one gets grumpy and will pee in it when he realizes where he's going. It doesn't hold that sort of thing in and it will leak!
Marsha R.
Chatsworth, GA
I loved the idea of having a pet carrier that would be easier to use, but after purchasing and using a couple of times; I completely changed my mind! The very first time I used this carrier was to take my four month old kitty to the vet to have her spayed. Once I picked her up and was in route to bring her home, she had an accident. Unlike the crate carriers, the accident spread all over the carrier AND the back seat! I decided that it was because she was a little woozy still and used it again. To my dismay, GiGi didn't like the carrier afterward and since it is a 'soft' material I could FEEL her claws when she was telling me. To me, that was a waste of money as I threw it out and bought a carrier crate to use from now on.
Sara H.
Raeford, NC
I had to fly with my dog a few months ago and was very nervous about what carrier I should use. I purchased the Bergan Pet Carrier from Pet Smart and it was the best purchase I could of made. The mesh around the entire bag is great for the dog to see out but also control the temperature inside. There is a small pocket on the entrance end of the bag which is great for a collapsible water dish or treats. The bag doesn't stand out as being a pet carrier and hardly anyone noticed I was traveling with a pet.
The one thing I did notice was while walking my thigh would know the bag causing the bag to bounce around. I tried to stabilize it as mush as I could but there really wasn't much I could do.
Danielle S.
My cat would never get into a carrier like this or any other kind. Does anyone have any tips on how to calm a cat that is highly resistant to carriers?
Thalia F.
Bridgeport, CT
How do I get my pet in when its really resistant ?
Kandyce H.
Is this okay to take on a flight? I want to take my dog with me and I guess I need to have one that is okay? Just want to make sure they will let me take her and not say I can't because if the bag.
Crystal C.
North Highlands, CA
Just place treats and leave open
Lillian G.
My one cat is HUGE - we're talking a solid 20 pounds, perhaps more at this point. What I'm wondering - will this be able to handle my big heavy cat? My other cat is smaller but acts like he is on speed - and he freaks out in carriers. Is this durable enough to deal with a cat that will be clawing and biting and tossing himself about?