Think this is clogging my pores... anyone else feel this?
il y a 3 ans

6 answers

Benton Aloe & Salicylic Acid Toner, I love this toner. I bought it for my acne-prone skin and it’s done wonders to my skin. just it needs to use only evening because of strong concentrations of BHA. Active Ingredients: 80% Barbados Aloe Leaf Juice, hyaluronic acid, snail mucin, salicylic acid (BHA) 0.5% Toner: has an antibacterial effect, soothes the skin, helps relieve inflammation and redness, accelerates skin regeneration, fights acne, moisturizes, strengthens the skin structure, normalizes the sebaceous glands, cream penetration 37% higher, restores the natural balance of pH. Does not contain: parabens, alcohol, benzophenone, steroids, artificial flavors and dyes.
il y a 2 ans
It absolutely could cause your pores to clog but that would be due to a sensitivity to one of the ingredients. This product is NOT an exfoliator so it cannot cause purging. The pH of Benton BHA Toner is only around a 6 - this is FAR too high for the salicylic acid to be effective so there no way it’s causing a purge or exfoliating the other answers mention. (Frankly, printing BHA on the label is a bit misleading and false advertising as the BHA is essentially about effective as water in this formulation.) SA is not effective unless the pH is around a 3 or 4. Also, unlike the US and other countries, South Korea allows only a max of .5% SA - compare that amount to something like Stridex in the red tub which contains 2.0% SA! So you’ve got a tiny amount of acid in an almost neutral solution. It’s got the same acidic power of pouring a glass of water on your face that contains about a dropper full of RAIN WATER (which has a value of anywhere from 5.5 - 6) in it. Back to your question - I don’t see anything that jumps out as a common comedogenic, BUT since skin is so varied and no two people have the exact same sensitivities, it is entirely possible that there is something in here that could be clogging you up - I’ve heard of people getting CCs from HA, aloe, snail mucin...you name it, it will cause a sensitivity or someone will claim it broke them out. If you know of other products or ingredients that have caused the same reaction, check Incidecoder, cosdna, skinskool, or a comparable ingredient decoder site so you can compare exactly what you’ve putting on your face and start to deduce what the possible culprit could be. Good luck to you! By the way, I don’t care for this product myself but some people swear it is soothing, reduces redness, and can help heal blemishes quickly. I haven’t experienced any of that. All I know is my face does not like one or more of the Ingredients b/c it always feels tight and uncomfortable after I apply it. As always, YRMV.
il y a 2 ans
It should not, because BHA is supposed to unclog. So here are a few things to consider: 1) Do wait 15-20 minutes after you apply it to put another product on the ski? If not, start waiting and you will see a difference. 2) What is the product you use after it? 3) How do you apply it? 4) How long have you used it? I only started to see results after almost 2 months of daily use!
il y a 2 ans
All skin could react differently to products. This was a pretty good toner for my skin. Is there another new product you are trying out for your regiment? Could you be purging? Or there could be an ingredient that your skin may be sensitive to.
il y a 2 ans
BHA is for unclogging the pores, that's weird. Maybe its the texture. 🤔
il y a 2 ans
Maybe there's an ingredient that your skin doesn't like. I wouldn't think a toner would be something to clog your pores but I am not an expert
il y a 3 ans