BY BENRIACH

BenRiach Authenticus is the oldest expression in the heavily peated range crafted from three different types of cask: American Bourbon casks, Pedro Ximenez Sherry casks and Oloroso Sherry casks. Richly peated malted barley is used to produce this fascinating single malt, which brings ripe pineapple, fresh mountain herbs and a huge blast of sweet peat. Bottled at 92 proof and of natural colour. see more...

Review (1)
Kristen B.
I am not a fan of peat. At first smell you get a sweet pineapple scent then you get the smokey peat. I tasted a nice chicory flavor with something herby that I couldn't recognize, and honey. It left a really nice lingering taste in my mouth, I truly savored this scotch. It seems like it has a lot going on but it is very well balanced. This whiskey would pair very nicely with a cigar. I believe I paid around $260 for the bottle and was glad I didn't think and just bought it.