BY BENEFUL #56 in Dog Food

Beneful brand Dog Food provides the perfect balance of healthful ingredients, quality nutrition and superb taste to help keep your dog happy and healthy. Features Beneful Original Dry Dog Food Moist, meaty chunks with real beef are protein rich to help build strong muscles With wholesome grains & real beef, accented with vitamin-rich vegetables Calcium-enriched for strong teeth and bones Omega fatty acids and antioxidants to help support a healthy immune system 3.5 lb.

• So I've been giving my puppy this food for about five mon...3 Answers
  • I hear that beneful is harmful to dogs is that true???3 Answers
  • Where do you purchase this normally 2 Answers
Lis H.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Honestly not a very good quality food. Will it suffice? Yes. It is nutritionally balanced just enough to market to feed dogs. Will it help your dog live a healthy lifestyle? Not really. There are much better quality foods out there on the market.

I get that this is extremely affordable and not everyone has the money to spend on better dog foods, it can get expensive. However, I used to feed this to my dog years ago and she did do okay on it. I have since then become much more educated on animal nutrition and pet foods (I have worked in multiple pet stores, been a dog food rep, and have a BA in animal science).

The difference in transitioning my dog from Beneful to a higher quality food was incredible. Her coat color became more vibrant, she had significantly less dander, more solid stools, less shedding, the works! I've seen this to be the case with MANY dogs who switch from common grocery store pet foods to better foods. All dogs are individual and some may do fine on Beneful, but believe me they can do even BETTER if they were on a great food!

Again, I completely understand that the price on this food is very low but you get what you're paying for.
Ms.Shali_ C.
Newman, CA
Purina Beneful Beneful Incredibites Dry Dog Food - 3.5 lb I rate this Beneful Dry Incredibites Dog Food 5 magnificent stars because my Maltipom enjoys having it. My dog is small and I was searching for dog food for his size. He has a small mouth and has trouble finishing his food if the size is too big. So I came across these and he does not have no more trouble eating his food due to its small bite sizes. Whenever I find coupons I use them and get a great deal. Usually they'll have coupons (e.g) buy one dog dry dog food and get a free wet food of baneful.
Brittani G.
Montgomery , TX
I have an english bulldog and a labradoodle. We often would take them to play at my mother in laws house where she also has a doodle. We decided to change their food to Beneful as this is what she fed her dog and she would "free feed" so there was always food out and our dogs always managed to eat it and changing dog foods can cause stomach problems. When we made the switch we noticed their coats started to look terrible. Patches of hair was missing, our labradoodle got hot spots right off of the bat and then the bulldog had extreme swelling in her neck area. It was a Sunday and overnight it had grown so much it looked like she had a grapefruit under her skin in her neck. We rushed her to the emergency clinic where the vet immediately asked if we fed this type of food because they saw it so many times. I couldn't believe that he named the food before we even mentioned it. He says that he had even had pets get this more severe and didn't make it. Although he usually recommended a gradual change in food, he demanded that we switch completely and do not feed them another pebble of this food. DO NOT BUY THIS.
Alexxandria H.
La Puente, CA
DO NOT GIVE THIS TO YOUR DOGS. IT WILL END UP KILLING THEM

To Start off Kibble is not great to feed any dog. Its just an alternative.
My dog got sick off of beneful when it was recalled and almost killed him.
The Vet told me because he was eating this food he was getting stones and all that junk.
Because of this food i almost lost one of my best friends and a family member.
It would make him vomit. Eat grass. And then he got odd behaviors before leading him being in the hospital for not pooping and peeing.
Because of this dog food that almost killed him, he has to be on a special dog food diet the rest of his life. Which is basically a raw diet.
Thanks Beneful for almost killing my dog. I hope you shut down sometime soon
Esme M.
Woodbridge, VA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Me encanto este producto para mi perrita . Tengo una chihuahua de 12 anos en edad de perro , y tenemos que estar siempre vigilando su alimentacion ya que con los anos es mas dificil para ellos poder digerir los alimentos y tambien poder masticarlos, con benefull pudimos encontrar muchos beneficios para nuestra bebe y por el brillo de su pelaje podemos notar que esta comida ha sido muy benefica para ella . taltmente recomendado!!
Josseline G.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
, I know people say this or that about different dog foods, but my dog loves this and I personally know of at least 3 couples who have given away different bags of ridiculous organic foods because no dog likes them. As good a food at a decent price as you will get.
Bri Z.
Lafayette, CO
We tried A TON of different dry foods before my picky eater chose this brand. Tested by a true pup, this brand is apparently the best. I do only buy dog food with the ideal ingredients so the choices were among the best brands. Ghost swears by this super yummy and nutritious dry dog food!

See how much he’s grown on his Instagram: @blooeyedghost
Becca L.
Hope Mills
Horrible. I wish I could give this food zero stars. I wanted to try a new dog food and slowly transitioned my dogs onto this because I heard it was supposed to be better than purina dog chow. I was definitely wrong. Beneful made my dogs very sick, vomiting, lethargy, and diarrhea, so bad that I almost lost one of my dogs. Please do not feed your dogs this.
Sara S.
Philadelphia, PA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I wish I could give this negative stars. My dog has been eating Beneful for two days, as we ran out of his other food and I couldn't buy what he normally eats until payday. He's had diarrhea and been vomiting ever since. Like bad, out of nowhere, Exorcist vomiting. I feel awful for him. I really don't recommend it- there's a reason it's so cheap.
Kimberly M.
North Edwards
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Beneful Dry Original Dry Dog Food this is one of my dog's favorite foods to eat. When I'm getting their dog food their tails wiggle so fast that it makes their whole back and wiggle. When I started feeding this to my dogs their coats became much softer and shinier. I would definitely recommend this dog food to other four legged furry baby parents out there.
Nicole C.
Spring Valley, CA
Do you give your dog the same food/brand every day or do you change it?
Krysty S.
Hialeah, FL
Has anyone's dog ever had problems with this specific dog food? My dog is a little chihuahua and lately she's been relieving herself in puddles of blood! She goes all over the house and it's so unlike her. Her sleeping area looks like a murder scene with all the blood. This started a few weeks ago, like two, when she first started eating this food. I'm worried it might be bad, because I've seen horrible articles and reviews.
DAsia W.
Gulfport, MS
Is it just my dog, but does the food sit in the bowl for days before your dog FINALLY eats it?
Rachel G.
Huntsville, AL
Could we get more flavors
Kearson R.
Hoover, AL
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
So I've been giving my puppy this food for about five months but every time after she eats she gets gas, is that normal with this food?