BY BENEFUL

Good ingredients is what you'll find at the heart of our Healthy Puppy recipe. We take our #1 ingredient, real farm-raised chicken, and blend it to perfection with whole grains and accents of vegetables. It’s 100% nutrition, a taste your growing puppy will love, plus DHA to help support healthy brain and vision development.

Feeding Guidelines:

Recommended Daily Feeding Amounts: The recommended feeding amounts are based on using a standard 8 oz/250 ml measuring cup which contains approximately 97 g of Purina Beneful Healthy Puppy.

Feeding Weaning Pups: Puppies start to nibble on solid foods at 3 - 4 weeks of age.  Keep moistened Beneful Healthy Puppy (three parts kibble to one part water) available to puppies at all times until fully weaned (6 - 8 weeks of age).

Feeding Growing Pups: After weaning, Beneful Healthy Puppy can be fed moistened or dry at the same time every day - very young puppies three times a day, older puppies twice a day.  Use the feeding guidelines shown here, but remember individual needs can vary.  Feed to maintain ideal body condition as shown.  Slight appetite changes and occasional digestive upsets are normal in puppies.  If upsets become severe or linger longer than a day or two, contact your veterinarian.

Feeding For Reproduction: Beneful Healthy Puppy provides the extra nutrition needed by reproducing females in stages of gestation and lactation.  Food consumption may vary during gestation, so feed the amount needed to maintain the pregnant female's good body condition. Food intake may double or even quadruple during lactation.

Feeding Tips:

• When switching your dog to Beneful Healthy Puppy, please allow 7 - 10 days for the transition.  Gradually add more Beneful Healthy Puppy and less of the previous food to your dog's dish each day until the changeover is complete.  This gradual transition will help avoid dietary upsets.
  • Provide adequate fresh water in a clean container daily.

• For your pet's health, see your veterinarian regularly.

Ingredients: Chicken, chicken by-product meal, corn gluten meal, whole grain corn, barley, whole grain wheat, rice, soybean meal, beef fat naturally preserved with mixed-tocopherols, poultry by-product meal, glycerin, egg and chicken flavor, poultry and pork digest, fish oil, iron oxide (color), calcium carbonate, salt, oat meal, dried peas, dried carrots, potassium chloride, MINERALS [zinc sulfate, ferrous sulfate, manganese sulfate, copper sulfate, calcium iodate, sodium selenite]VITAMINS [Vitamin E supplement, niacin, Vitamin A supplement, calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hydrochloride (Vitamin B-6), Vitamin B-12 supplement, thiamine mononitrate (Vitamin B-1), Vitamin D-3 supplement, riboflavin supplement (Vitamin B-2), menadione sodium bisulfite (Vitamin K), folic acid, biotin], choline chloride, L-Lysine monohydrochloride, DL-Methionine.

Beneful Healthy Puppy is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for all life stages including growth of large size dogs (70 lbs. or more as an adult).

Brenna J.
Ardmore, TN
I love this food for my puppy because it is affordable and my dog loves it. I bought it from Walmart and it is easy to find. My puppy doesn’t even take a second to breathe while chowing down on this food!
Kristin L.
Don't have much of a opinion yet since we just got 2 puppies and trying to see if they like the food. So far they have but it's only been 2 handfuls. I like the fact it's made with real meat
Camille O.
Perris, CA
My dog really likes this food! Whenever I give this to him, he always finish his food fast and licks the bowl. Will definitely repurchase and recommend to others.
Amber W.
Springtown, TX
1920 reviews
I fed this dog food brand to my chihuahua for about 7+ years. She seemed to
love it and it was her preference over all other dog foods. It did not
cause any noticeable health problems and seemed to be adequate
nutrition. I would not recommend this dog food to others only because of
news articles and stories in relation to this brand of dog food.
However, based off my own experience - I don't see an issue with anyone
using it either. To each their own!
Mari H.
Bethpage
Good ingredients and she loves it! Maybe too much ;) Our puppy is a 12 pound lab mix, 13 weeks old. The bag is a good size, and even at the rate she eats it lasts for a couple of weeks. The pieces are a good size for little puppy mouths.
Anastasia Z.
Bethel, PA
Our Australian Shepherd loves this food. I’ve never fed him anything else, so it’s possible he just loves all food but, we had to buy one of the bowls to slow him down from eating this.
Larissa W.
Chester, IL
My dog absolutely loves this food. I've had no problem what so ever with it! I've seen on the news it with nails glass etc. but I have not came across any of that. I have 3 dogs and all of them are on beneful. I would definitely recommend this, its a great price too!
Jennifer L.
My puppy is 4 months old now and he loves this dog food! At first it was a bit hard to get him use to it because we switched to a different brand but now he loves it! He loves the chicken because it's like a treat for him so he likes to play with it. I recommended this product! :)
carla C.
Las Cruces, NM
I bought this for my puppy when I first got her, I've had her for 4 months already and she completely stopped eating this puppy food after a month I believe.
𝕒𝕞𝕒𝕟𝕕𝕒 𝕔.
Grapevine, TX
For some reason Buzz FREAKS over this food. We recently changed his food to this and he practically runs to to his bowl to scarf this down in 2 seconds.