Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil uploaded by Harleigh S.Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil uploaded by Rachael K.Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil uploaded by Rachael K.See all 157 photos
5 colors available

BY BENEFIT COSMETICS #7 in Eyebrow Pencils, Gels & Powders

Super easy brow-filling & shaping pencil.

• 12-hour* waterproof** formula
  • 0.34 g Net wt. 0.01 oz.

*instrumental test on 20 panelists

**Instrumental tes.t on 22 panelists

• I have heard nothing but good things ...I have thick brows and I perso... 2 Answers
  • Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil or Ana...I personally prefer the benefi... 3 Answers
  • Very good product, a little swim in t...water tends to remove some/mos... 3 Answers
Photos (157)
Buy on Sephora
Melissa D.
Melissa D.
Highland, CA
A lot of reviews I've read and watched have raved about this product but unfortunately, I have to disagree. It's not my favorite brow product. A little background on my brows: I have sparse, asian brow hairs and oily skin.

Pros:
This pencil is very long lasting. I wore it to gym a few times and all day at an amusement park, testing it through hours of sweat and heat. My brows stayed in place for the most part as long as I didn't touch it. When I blotted (the skin around my eyebrows get pretty oily), not much of the product came off with the oil.

Cons:
The shape of the tip is great when you first open a new pencil. However, with continued use, the sharpness of the tip is lost and it starts to become dull, making it difficult to get the precision it once had. It's hard to define your eyebrows or mimic hair strokes with a dull tip, especially since this pencil is much thicker. So with my sparse brows, I always have to draw out a shape then fill them in. I always have a hard time doing so with this pencil.

If you already have good brows on the fuller side, or if your brows are already shaped and you just need to fill in sparse areas, this would be the perfect and quick pencil for you!! However, if you have brows like mine, I would not recommend this product. I would suggest trying out the Precisely My Brow pencil in this line, or the Brow Wiz from Anastasia.
Sarah T.
Sarah T.
Morrisville, PA
July 1, 2016, 1:12 p.m.
Review for: Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil
I have been using the goof proof for about 3 weeks now. I prefer a more defined and thicker brow so that is why I am only rating 3 stars (and because of the spoolie which I'll get in to later). I got it as gratis from a training that was held where I work. I have been using the color number 3. It is a slight brown with red tones, which is a perfect match for my red hair. Goof Proof is going to be best for the person who already has a brow and just needs to fill in patches. It is only waterproof while on top of hair, not skin. The product goes on very smoothly and a light touch goes a long way. It's very blendable which is nice. However I do recommend using another spoolie other than the one attached to the pencil, it took all of my product OFF. I had to redo my entire eyebrow. The other thing I like about Goof Proof is that is does have more product then some other brands (.34 g vs Anastasia Brow Definer's .2 g).
Mary O.
Mary O.
Ever since I learned how important brows are to one's face looks, I have struggled with finding an eyebrow pencil that matches my brown eyebrows-I even used eyeliner pencils to fill in my eyebrows at my most desperate (I know, I know-not a great idea, but you have to learn somehow).

Luckily Benefit came out with this wonderful eyebrow pencil collection. I was skeptical at first, but I got a sample from Sephora and I was hooked! It is very easy to use and you only need a few swipes to get the desired effect. And you can easily correct mistakes by swiping your finger along your brows' perimeter with your finger or a cotton swab. This product is great for those like me who just want to have natural filled in brows, not the brick eyebrows currently on trend. It may be $24, but I use it every day and it is worth every penny and lasts for several months, even with daily use.
Kelsie A.
Kelsie A.
Tonkawa, OK
July 6, 2016, 11:55 a.m.
Review for: Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil
Not quite sure how I feel about this. The color payoff is great, I'm not too wild about the shape. It's similar to the Anastasia Brow Definer, but a lot more creamy. Apparently the formula is supposed to stick to only the hair, and not so much on the skin (hence the name goof proof). So you apply it to the hairs you have, no problem! Except... I like to overdraw my brows since I hardly have any. This product makes it difficult to do that, and I usually go back to my DipBrow from ABH. This is a perfect product for someone who is a beginner and wants to start filling in their brows! Not so much for someone who tends to overdraw their brows.
Trisha F.
Trisha F.
Charlottesvle, VA
This is my go to brow pencil. It comes in 4 shades. The shades are numerically labeled from 1, the lightest to 4, the darkest. I purchase the shade 3 and this is great color for anyone that has medium to dark brown brows. The angle at which the brow pencil is dispensed (twist up) is perfect for drawing and filling in sparse areas as a means of creating an arched brow. Ergonomically it is user friendly and easy to wrap your fingers around the pencil. The product itself is pigmented enough that a few small strokes achieve a noticeable filled in brow. This is a great product for anyone looking to create naturally soft and filled in brows.
Christy W.
Christy W.
Liberty, TX
June 12, 2016, 1:19 p.m.
Review for: Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil
Wow. I got to try this free from Ulta and was completely blown away. It is so easy to use! I have very sparse brows and this looks so natural and it stays on all day long. I was using ABH but this is my new favorite. I have already purchased the full size from Benefit since they had a 2 day special to get it before it's released. The staying power of this is solid, even in the 99 degree Texas heat! I also love how it doesn't draw on like a pencil, if that makes sense. Like the line isn't as thin as the ABH one, I feel like it fills in my brows a lot quicker because of that. Benefit has raised the bar on brows :)
Alyssa R.
Alyssa R.
Twp Washinton, NJ
July 6, 2016, 9:19 p.m.
Review for: Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil
This just doesn't really work for my brows
I got a sample of this from Ulta and thank god I got a sample before I forked out $24 dollars for this. This just didn't work for me. Know mind you I don't have a lot of experience with eyebrow products. But I felt like this doesn't work for my brows, it'svery waxy and not a lot of pigment. My brows needs to be filled in and shaped with product. This fills in my brows just a little bit. I think it would work best with someone who has full brows and just needs a little bit of product to fill in their brows. I will not be purchasing the full size version of this product.
Rachel H.
Rachel H.
July 20, 2016, 10:38 p.m.
Review for: Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil
Benefit did a great job with their newest brow launch but the pigmentation on this brow defined isn't as solid as the Anastasia Beverly Hills one, but it makes it nearly impossible to mess up and make your eyebrow look sharpie. Furthermore, I do prefer the spooley on this than the abh one. In addition, I think the packaging is more sturdy and its actually really cute. Another plus the formulation of the Benefit brow product stays on longer than the abh brow wiz. Overall, great buy and the price is a slight difference between the abh line. Note: If you're an ethical vegan benefit isn't cruelty free, but abh is.
Lin K.
Lin K.
Las Vegas , NV
I got a sample of this in medium 3 from sephora. This wasn't IT for me.. I like to really draw out my brows, and have been using ABH's brow pomade and brow wiz to do so. I prefer a thinner pencil, the shape of this pencil was a little difficult for me to use and found myself having to carve it out with my concealer to get the shape I wanted. The color pay off is great though, but use a light hand! I wouldn't recommend this to those who like to define and really shape their brows, but will to those who just like/need that little extra "uuumph" to fill in those bald patches in their already full natural brows.
Deborah M.
Deborah M.
Arlington, TN
July 28, 2016, 7:15 p.m.
Review for: 01 Light
The benefit pencil I used for a couple of years was just discontinued. I loved it because it was a gel in a pencil. I could just swipe on, remove excess by pinching it off brows between thumb and forefinger. Then just run spoolie through brows and finished. Not sure what all these versions are. Different shades on pencils? I use the light shade as I am blonde. I will have to choose a new type of pencil because mine was discontinued. They have so many kinds, it is confusing. I want something really easy, no drawing hairs, or powders that have to be set. I want EASY and PERFECT, like the old product!!
Elizabeth L.
Elizabeth L.
Katy, TX
Is it the best brow pencil?
Aubrey C.
Aubrey C.
Asheville , Nc
I have been looking for something for my eyebrows. I don't wanna make them too bold, would this be a good product to start with?
Anna M.
Anna M.
San Diego, CA
Compare it to the Anastasia brow pencil please !! Which one is better
Amber W.
Amber W.
Dallas , Nc
How long does this product last on your eyebrows? It says 12 hours but does it last the whole 12 hours?
Marisol H.
Marisol H.
Katy, TX
Do you prefer pencil products or cream products like the Kabrow for your brows? Why? Thank you in advance ☺️