BY BENEFIT COSMETICS #38 in Highlighter

Our Soft Focus Highlighter Turns On “watt” Ya Got With A Delicate Champagne Glow That’s Gorgeous. The Cream-to-powder Finish Is A Switch-on “wow” For All Complexions. You’ll Adore The Smooth Applicator.

Luminous Sheen
Soft-focus Look
Apply Solo Or Over Makeup

Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Mica, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Polyethylene, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Soybean Glycerides, Silica, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Unsaponifiables, Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid. N° 05897/N

• Who else loves this as much as I do?5 Answers
  • I can't find this product. Where did u guys purchase it?24 Answers
  • Do you like Watt's Up or High Beam highlighter better?25 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "so easy to throw on and lights up your face! sometimes a little too shiny for what i am going for, but great for a night out" in 496 reviews
  • "it did look nice,i got a sample of this from a subscription box. my only real problem with it is that the undertone didn't suit my skin in the winter,though it looked alright in the summer months. it was a light,buildable cream stick that was easy to use,and could be sheered out for more natural days. if it suited my skin tone better through the fall and winter months amd not just during when i have a tan,i would have purchased a full size,as i quite like the formula. it also stays on well,does good with powder over it,and doesn't make me look textured." in 437 reviews
  • "The little sample sized one I received from Sephora for my birthday gift about 2 years ago, I still have and use everyday to contour my nose and make it smaller <3" in 45 reviews
  • "Not too shimmery, prefer the sample size to full size packaging, just find it easier to apply, a great highlighter, just over expensive" in 39 reviews
  • "Looks great as a highlight shade in the inner corner of the eye or on the brow bone, also works great as a highlight shade (especially with the full size version)." in 34 reviews
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
I honestly don't know how I feel about this. I don't want to give it a low rating over a natural look but I feel like that's not what this was going for when it implies a high watt shine that it doesn't even begin to touch. I feel like the marketing was way off the actual product performance and far beyond the products limitations.
So the outer packaging was adorable. Its like an old school light bulb box with that according style inner packaging. Cute. The actual product packaging seemed to want to resemble some kind of old school bulb but didn't quite get there. Its still cute with its mirrorlike metallic purple/blue/ silver outside packaging and the very cute mod label.
The brush on the other side is all but pointless. Its hard and little with hardly any sponge or space to it to blend out. Its like the worst buffer you've ever used and no one needs to be buffing in highlight like a foundation. It is better diffused and blended by fingers or a fluffy brush that can offer a light touch. The sponge is virtually useless.
The formula here isn't exactly horrid but it is super natural looking. We've got like a suoer natural, champagne colored highlight with white or silver shimmer. Its all very light and natural which can be pretty if thats what you're going for.
It just seems like with a name like Watts Up no one is going to be going for the pretty much invisible highlight. It should have been named differently because its barely there when applied and even less so when blended in just barely.
Its not an oil based product. Its almost like a matte type finish so it won't slide off oily skin or make you more oily and it hasn't broken me out which a lot of cream products tend to do.
Overall I donr think its worth it for 30 bucks but if you can find it during a sephora sale or something like I did for around 15 and not break the bank it could be a nice and natural highlight to add to your makeup arsenal.
Faviola M.
Paramount, CA
I would have given this product a 2 star review but felt that it would have been unfair to do so because this product does give you a light natural glow and that's not the type of glow that I usually go for. If you are looking for a natural glow then this is definitely the product for you but not if you like something that is blinding. I'm also just not a big fan of having to apply highlighters with my fingers and although this comes in a stick form, which allows you to glide it over your face, you still have to use your fingers to blend it out. Because the highlight or isn't blinding, I feel that throughout the day it also does not last. The packaging however is so cute, which Benefit never seems to fail at! Benefit Cosmetics Watt's Up! Cream Highlighter
Rebecca M.
Wichita
I used to use this product everyday, and I loved it, however, if it is not applied with a brush, the product always took of my foundation, and the blender sponge on the bottom would simply wipe the product off. I would like this product better if the packaging were different. Nevertheless, this always gave me a nice glow and was incredibly long lasting!I fell in love with Watts Up! When I began pairing it with Becca's Opal pressed shimmering skin perfector. I enjoyed the Becca highlight and enjoyed the Watts up! Individually, but never achieved that perfect blinding highlight until I paired them. Watts Up! Is my secret for achieving that instagram ready highlight.I first bought this highlighter exactly a year ago. It changed my whole concept of GLO. the application is not best in & of itself, it comes on thick & looks like a shooting star on my cheekbone. However, if you apply it first, blending your foundation into it along with any concealer, it is thinned out nicely & the GLO is eternal!--lasts all day! (I use Perricone MD's "No Foundation Foundation No.1" for a Dewey addition to the GLO, along with Clarins "instant concealer" & YSL's "touch éclat.") I always dot some of the Watt's Up on the tip of my nose, under the swells of my eyebrows, above the ends of my eyebrows, in the dip of my cupid's bow, on the center of my chin below my lip, & of course, on the cheekbones. Blended with a round brush, it looks like you're GLO-ing from the inside-out. Contour with something equally about the GLO like Kevyn Aucoin's "Celestial Bronzing Veil," add a finishing powder highlight like Laura Mercier's "01" & you're all set! <
Michaela C.
Issaquah , WA
The only reason this gets four stars is because I wish the brand was cruelty free however this highlighter is awesome no matter what. It isn’t too natural where you can barely see the glow and it isn’t too intense where you are blinding everyone that walks past you. Trust me I love a blinding highlight but for an everyday glow this is absolutely perfect not to mention that it is a stick so it is extremely easy to use. I do suggest to blend with your finger though because the smudge side gets dirty quickly and is very difficult to clean.
Amber B.
N Cape May , NJ
Watts up holds a special place in my heart because this was my very first highlighter. I sold this product at Ulta so quickly when I used to work for benefit cosmetics. It has a  a champagne peachy undertone that blends onto your skin so easily. It’s so easy to swipe onto your cheeks but I preferred using a sponge/beauty blender to blend on my face. This one is a keeper.
Josie A.
I love this highlighter so much. It's so gorgeous and provides the perfect amount of shimmer wherever you want! I simply use it over moisturizer for a super easy yet beautiful no-makeup makeup look. My one complaint is the staying power. If I apply this in the morning, it's gone within an hour and I have to completely reapply. Since it's nice and portable I'm not hugely concerned about it, but it would be nice if it stayed longer.
Melissa W.
Hunlock Creek, PA
I actually received the Benefit Cosmetic's Watt's Up!  Soft Focus Highlighter, in one of my many beauty subscription boxes.  I was so happy to be able to try it out being I love ALL of Benefit's products!  First, I want to say that the color is amazing.  It has a very subtle rosy, shimmery glow.  It blends easily into the skin for a very natural look.  I use it above and below my eye brows, a swipe down my nose and on top of my cheek bones.   Oh.. I also do a little right above my lip to make my lips look fuller.. try it, it works!  I highly recommend this highlighter!
Michelle T.
Dayton, NJ
A little bit of this goes a long way! I received a sample and I loved the little tiny stick!! It's so easy to apply to anywhere I want and blends easily. My favorite way to apply is to swipe onto my finger first and then dab onto the skin. It gives a very soft and beautiful glow and it lasts all day.
Rebecca R.
Fontana, CA
This product does exactly what it says it’s supposed to do and the color of it is beautiful, but I have oily skin so this product is not something I will repurchase. If you have normal skin I think this would be perfect and same for dry skin. Sometimes I use it as an inner corner highlight and put a powder on top and it works well but as far as on the rest of my face I’ll have to pass.
Amanda G.
Pittsburgh, PA
I know everyone loves this highlighter but for some reason for me, it looks streaky and never blends! I have two of the same sample from sephora and every time I use it I can see where I streaked it on my face and it never blends to a finish that looks like a natural glow.
Jessica O.
Shawnee, KS
Do you like Watt's Up or High Beam highlighter better?
Yusbreili G.
CARACAS
I can't find this product. Where did u guys purchase it?
Carlotta E.
Saint Louis, MO
Is it worth the price? benifet is pricey in my opinion
Teresa L.
I received a sample of this from Sephora. What is the best way and place to apply this? Any tips?
Jenny C.
Has anyone ever used this as a primer shadow on eyes?