BY BENEFIT COSMETICS #72 in Makeup Remover

Buy now on Sephora
and get 4.0% CASH BACK with
powered by

Specially formulated to remove our bestselling they’re real! mascara & they’re real! push-up liner, this remover is gentle-yet-powerful. It completely lifts away waterproof eye makeup without tugging the delicate eye area. Skin feels soft, smooth and clean beyond belief!

• Creamy gel formula
  • Lifts longwearing mascara & eyeliner
  • Suitable for sensitive eyes & contact lens wearers

Aqua (Water), Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Octyldodeceth25, Acrylates/C1030 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Tocopherol.

Buy on ULTA*
  • "I would recommend this mostly to remove the eye makeup." in 1 review
  • "Usually an eye makeup remover will clean off all your makeup and it will end up on your cotton pad." in 1 review
  • "This doesn't remove very easily at all." in 1 review
  • "This product works so well hoenstly, it takes off all your eye makeup with one swipe of a cotton ball." in 1 review
Kat J.
It was super gentle, didn’t sting my eyes, and got 99% of my eye makeup off. I even used it for a red liquid lipstick and it was a painless quick process.

Definitely works best at removing Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Lengthening Mascara and Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Gel Eyeliner Pen .... But I’m positive it would work great at removing other brands of eye makeup as well (since They’re Real products are known for their stubborn waterproof durability).

My only issue with this makeup remover (and why it loses a star) is that you have to use quite a bit for it to work well. So it seems like a waste since the tube isn’t very big. And I also have found other makeup removers that I love and prefer (like CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm). So if you’re a die-hard Benefit brand fan, go for it. It really is a good product. But if you are looking for a makeup remover that you won’t have to purchase regularly, go for one that comes in a large jar instead of a small tube.
Amista B.
New Lexington, OH
No no no. I bought this because I needed a way to fully remove mascaras since my regular cleanser and cleaning cloths just weren’t cutting it. This stuff immediately burned my eyes and seeped down into my eyes and made my vision blurry and painful. Believe me, I wasn’t trying to get it inside my actual eye but you’d assume a product meant for eye use wouldn’t be so irritating. It was horrible and I immediately returned it.

Use Glossier Milk Jelly cleanser instead. Never hurts!!!
Lucy K.
Franklin
I got this in a little set as a sample size with a sample of They're Real! mascara in black and brown and the matching black eyeliner. This doesn't work very well at all. It gets some of the mascara off but it all deposits right below my eyes and I have to use a different soap or remover to get it off. I gave it two stars because it either leaves half of the mascara on my lashes or moves it to my lower line (technically it did remove some but not very well).
Abby W.
Bellingham
This stuff is legit! It really does easily remove water proof makeup. This is meant for eye makeup but I like to use it all over. It works gently and fast enough to where you’re not just rubbing your eyes a bunch. Just one or two wipes and your makeup is off! I love this stuff.
april n.
Forest Lake, MN
I got a sample size of this & honestly, I really didn’t like it. It’s cream and extremely messy to work with and use. I found that it takes a lot of scrubbing as well to remove even the slightest bit of makeup on your face. It struggles to remove mascara & matte lip products as well.

When using this product, I also noticed a burning sensation after applying it. I do have sensitive skin and had prk corrective surgery, so that could have something to do with it.. Either way, it wasn’t pleasant and I don’t recommend this product.
Amanda C.
Cincinnati
I’m pretty disappointed in this remover. I was super excited at first because it claimed to be ok for sensitive eyes and skin. Not only did it burn my eyeballs, it also did not remove much of the “they’re real” mascara. I had to supplement with my Mary Kaye makeup remover. It was super disappointing for the price, for the volume, and did not live up to the claims. Plus I hate that it is a cream remover. It makes you use more than if it was more of a liquid.
Vivian E.
Parma, OH
Not bad. It is gentle and did not burn my eyes or anything like that. You have to work a little harder for it to work. I was using this to remove the Benefit push up liner and mascara and it took a little while for me. The formula is not as strong as I’d prefer it to be. It can be a little messy.
Tristin R.
Sedro Woolley, WA
This is the BEST eye makeup remover! It has the consistency of a light lotion but very moisturizing and doesn’t sting at all when you accidentally get some in your eye
Ashley D.
Des Moines , IA
This makeup remover is alright but it never fully breaks down my eye makeup so that I can remove it all. It doesn't irritate my eyes which is nice but it is quite greasy and can leave a residue on my face. Overall I probably wouldn't recommend this or repurchase.
Amberjean G.
Kaplan, LA
Received as a gift and I probably won’t be buying. Doesn’t really take off all of my makeup. Even after using this there’s still makeup on my cleansing brush or the cotton balls I use for my toner. There are better makeup remover products out there.
Shawna S.
Is this product worth the money?
Carson T.
Oxford, NC
I have been trying to find a makeup remover that can remove waterproof mascara. i haven't been too successful. has anyone tried this with waterproof? if so how did it work?
Jessica H.
Do you think this remover is worth the money? Is it only for this brand of mascara?
Laci L.
I use the eye liner and mascara already but my current eye make up remover always leaves black smudges under my eyes. Has anyone had that problem with this remover?
KARLA G.
Corona, NY
Is this product worth it or good?

back