Benefit Cosmetics They're Real Push-Up Liner - Beyond Brown

Create a long-lasting smudge-free look with the They're Real! Push Up Liner from benefit. With a soft AccuFlex™ tip that has been custom angled the eye liner offers precision and control to achieve your desired results whether dramatic or natural. Its flat guard enables you to get even closer to the lashline and the wide handle allows easy application. With a matte gel finish and waterproof formula the Push Up Liner is a make-up essential. E.N. 91% said it was longwearing* 81% said it was waterproof* 88% said it hugged the lashline* 84% said eyes looked visibly larger* *Results observed in a consumer panel survey on 32 women after 2 weeks.

• Anyone know of another liner with a similar rubber applicator? i ...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Kat J.
San Antonio, TX
So, this eyeliner has a lot of controversy. You either hate it, or you love it. I guess I’m somewhere in the middle because I do like it quite a bit, but it’s not my favorite. I’ve received deluxe samples over the years and use them every time.

This is a very pigmented gel liner that glides on pretty easily and doesn’t budge all day long. So that was really nice, knowing that my eyeliner wasn’t going anywhere all day. That also means it’s a little difficult to take off at the end of the day (unless you use Benefit Cosmetics they're real! eye makeup remover). But that wasn’t a dealbreaker for me. You click the bottom of the tube and it dispenses just a small amount out of the angled tip. I liked how easy it was to apply, although I didn’t find it super convenient for a winged eyeliner look because I’m so used to using a brush tip for a crisp line.

Here’s where my opinion of the product wavers,... It can dry out if you don’t use it regularly. It doesn’t always glide so easily depending on how the tube is dispensing that day. It works great for a bold matte eyeliner (both in brown and black), but it has a couple of small flaws that make me hesitate before buying. So try it out for yourself,... See which group of people you belong to. The ones who hate it, or the ones who love it. Once you know which side you’re on, you’ll either never touch this Benefit product again or you’ll buy it all the time. Just see for yourself.
Madi O.
St Augustine, FL
This product is a nightmare! It is very hard to get the product out of the top and if you twist the bottom once or twice a bunch will come out! In addition, some will come out as you're trying to apply this to your eyelid. I feel this eyeliner is not much liquid at all it almost feels like a clay material it gets crusty and is a nightmare to try and apply. My favorite liquid eyeliner pen is by Marc Jacobs it is so easy to apply and it is a TRUE LIQUID eyeliner.
Rhiannon V.
Lannon, WI
This is my favorite liquid eyeliner of all time. I love the highly pigmented black, and the super innovative tip that gives you the perfect wing every time. I have found that regular gel products tend to be messy, and I typically don't like to apply my liner with a brush. This product combines the precision of a chiseled tip pen with the pitch black, crisp finish of a gel product that gives a perfect dramatic look life.
Alphaa G.
Petal, MS
This is the worst eyeliner I've ever bought. You can barely apply it. The tip is hard and the eyeliner is just not good. It is just too thick and also very smudgy. I like the sephora one mainly because it is easy to use.
s p.
This eyeliner is HORRIBLE! It comes out in clumps and it's never a full line. I thought I got a bad product so i went to Macy's benefit counter in Queens NYC and they exchanged it for me after giving me the side eye and talking under their breaths. Never again will I go there to purchase or for service. Turns out the eyeliner is like that. The formula is a "gel pencil" which makes no sense since it comes out in clumps and isn't smooth. I recommend Kat Von D Ink Liner if you want a no hassle wing liner.
Amber P.
Louisville, KY
I've personally owned this eye liner 5-6 times. I loved the consistency of the product, it went on very nicely and smooth. I also really enjoyed this product, also due to its wing liner assistance! The way the product is designed, the shape of the applicator is awesome helping you with the perfect wing look. The only thing that I didn't like about this was once it got old it was harder to use the consistency changed and became a little thicker which caused it to 'clump' when using it. But that was only due to it being 7-8 months old. Yes I would definitely purchase this again multiple times. I think everyone should at least add it to their collection once if not more.
Grace B.
Whitestown, IN
The product is super nice for the first 1-2 wears. I hadn't touched the product for a couple weeks and the tip had dried out, so I wasted a ton of the liner to get to the moist part of the tube. Then it was still coming out in clumps and I had to use a brush to smooth it out. I haven't done anything to make me sweat or cry today and you can see the transfer marks in my photos. On Ulta.com, the brand claims it is water proof and long wearing. I can assure you it is not. I gave it 3-stars because I think if you use it every day, you could probably get better use from the product.
Freya P.
Brooklyn, NY
I remember when this product hit the shelves in black & the beauty community went crazy for it. Once all of the excitement died down people started to realize that's it's not very user friendly. I even relegated mine to the back of the makeup drawer opting to use my trusty gel liner in a pot. Last summer I received a sample sized tube of Benefit They're Real Push Up Liner in brown with my ULTA order &, once again, put it off to the side, essentially forgeting about it. I really like wearing brown eyeliner on days where I'm going for a softer look & I like to apply my brown liner in pencil form. One day, a few months ago, I sit down to do my makeup & decide to go for a soft look (u know, effortless, no makeup makeup that'll take me an hour to achieve) & when I went to apply my brown eyeliner pencil I realized that it was gone! It wasn't in my makeup bag, it wasn't on my vanity, in my makeup drawers, on the floor, no where & with no back ups to be found! A harsh black wing or even thin black line blown out would ruin the look I was going for & I wasn't in the mood to manipulate a brown eyeshadow into eyeliner bc I needed it to stay put for a good 8 hours. So I dug through my makeup drawers again in case I missed something (100 black eyeliners in every formula but not 1 in brown?). But wait! What's this all the way in the back? It's the Benefit They're Real Push Up Liner in brown. I don't have the time or patience to play with this right now but I'm desperate. Then I had an idea ... Instead of applying it straight from the tube & risking ruining my eyeshadow, I'll take a small angled liner brush & pick up a small amount of product from the tube & apply it the way I'd apply my gel liner. Lo & behold it worked like a charm! & I was able to apply exactly what I needed, exactly where & how I wanted & then soften the edges with a synthetic brush (pencil brush on the bottom lash line & small detail brush for the top lash line) before it set. Plus I was able to get this done rather quickly & it looked really, really good! U know when u do your makeup & change just 1 little thing or use a new product for the first time & when it's all done & your face is beat to death, u look in the mirror & go "Oh yaasss, mama! Slay all day!" that's what happened the 1st time I used Benefit They're Real Push Up Liner in brown on a small angled eyeliner brush. I love the way it turned out & I've since purchased the full size & use it regularly.
Carol Z.
Hmmmmm.... Packaging, cute, color of the liner, i like, the application process, not bad, the tip of nice, works well.... decent time lasting a couple of hours (my skin gets oily)....
Why three stars... the product dried out in the wand, I keep on having to remove the dried out gel ....... I got maybe use like 5 uses out of the pen.
Alexandra M.
Portsmouth, NH
I LOVE this eyeliner. The key though- keep this one at home in your bathroom. Traveling around in your handbag or your car, it will get exposed to too many temperature changes and I feel that has ruined mine before. Small strokes are key, don't try to do one line in a big swoop and lift your top eyelid lid UP not OUT when applying. Be prepared with a quality eye makeup remover because this won't budge!
Maysa B.
Colorado Spgs, CO
Anyone know of another liner with a similar rubber applicator? i really liked that part of this liner.