Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Push-Up Eye Liner uploaded by Daniela G.Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Push-Up Eye Liner uploaded by Amanda T.Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Push-Up Eye Liner uploaded by Sancaina S.See all 121 photos
3 colors available

BY BENEFIT COSMETICS

They're Real! Push-Up Eye Liner - It's the first ever lash-hugging gel eye liner in a pen! This matte gel formula won't smudge, budge or dry out, and the innovative soft AccuFlex Tip hugs your lashline from corner to corner. The closer the line, the bigger the eye! 91% said it was longwearing* 81% said it was waterproof* 88% said it hugged the lashline* 84% said eyes looked visibly larger*   *Results observed in a consumer panel survey on 32 women after 2 weeks How to: How to In Green: - They're Real! Push-Up Eye Liner see more...

• Interesting applicator but not suitab...I think yes, not for a thin li... 4 Answers
  • I've been looking for a new way to do...This isn't a very easy liner t... 1 Answers
  • Does this liner pull on your eyes whi...I have average eyelids and i f... 2 Answers
Photos (121)
Buy on Sephora
Marina A.
Marina A.
Garden City, NY
March 8, 2016, 9:21 p.m.
Review for: Black
There has been so much hype about this product. Photos of beauty magazine writers putting this eyeliner on without a mirror while sitting on a seesaw, that sort of thing. I have known plenty of eyeliners in my day and this one has its good and bad points.

Let me start off by saying that this liner is for drawing a medium to wide line. If you want just to draw a tiny line right at your lash line, this liner is not for you. The line that this product draws is opaque, matte, black and once it's on, it will last forever, or until you remove it, whichever comes first.

There is a long learning curve with this liner. The applicator is a long, flexible rubber, angled tip. The black gel liner comes out a hole at the end of the tip. You have to run this angled applicator along your lash line, and I find it drags and skips rather than move smoothly. You have to get enough product through the tip....not too much....not too little. The first amount I push through needs to be wiped off. If you don't, the gel blobs and huge flakes of black, dried or semi dried gel can drop on your cheek while you are trying to apply it. Things can get messy.

Once on, this dries very, very quickly. You need a sure hand and no interruptions. Once you start, you have to keep going no matter what. Forget the kids, the dog, the phone.....you've got to finish. I find that the first line that I draw is ragged looking and I have to go over it several times to get it to look the way it should.
Danielle M.
Danielle M.
Swampscott, MA
Nov. 25, 2015, 6:54 p.m.
Review for: Black
I really wanted to love this product, because I felt it would help me get that longed-for winged look. And, I've always had pretty great luck with Benefit products. Sadly... that was not the case. The formula of the eyeliner is nice right off the bat, but it dries very quickly, and leaves little room for error. I also had a lot of problems with caking and clumping. The first time I used it - no problem. After that, every time I used it, a chunk or two or seven would come out of the tip when I was lining my eyes. It would have been tolerable if I could have wiped it away without making a mess. Half the time it just stuck there. The consistency of the liner can best be compared to what's left in your brush an hour after you use it to apply gel liner. The end of the applicator also is not as smooth as you would think by looking at it. I expected to have more precision than I did. I used it a couple of times, and then gave up. Only Pro was that it was extremely long-wearing (read: impossible to get off, even with waterproof eye makeup remover.) So if you can get the application down, and some chunks don't bother you, this stuff is in it for the long haul. Whatever I was able to get on my eyes didn't budge once it dried. That's great for longevity, but becomes a problem when you can't touch up mistakes. This liner made me sad. Boo.
Christine C.
Christine C.
Feb. 17, 2016, 2:45 a.m.
Review for: Black
I rushed out to Sephora the day this product launched. The idea sounded great and innovative; a gel liner in pen-form with a rubber tip. When I swatched it and let it set, the liner didn't budge when I rubbed my fingers over it and the finish was matte and jet black. The first day I wore this on my eyes, I loved it. I didn't have to worry about wiping excess gel off my brush so it wouldn't crust on afterwards, and it seemed to glide on easily. However, the more I used it, the more I grew to loathe it. At first, I loved that I could use the pointed rubber tip to move some of the product around to draw my cat eye, and it looked flawless. With continued use, I realized that the product dries out more quickly than I care for, making it increasingly difficult to achieve my eyeliner looks. My eyeliner began to look patchy, especially at the ends of my flicked wings and the inner rims of my eyes where more precision is required. I love the formula itself - it won't budge until I'm ready for it to be off. However, I wish it had different packaging, even if it's the old gel liner in a pot as long as it doesn't dry out so quickly.
Raelyn S.
Raelyn S.
Words cannot express how much I looooove this eyeline! At first I didn't like it because it would constantly break while I was applying it and would clump or ball around the eyelashes but soon discovered the key is to not push out a bunch at once because it continues to expand after being exposed to the air causing you to put to much on creating the problems I just explained. But if you only push a little bit out it is awesome. One of the best eyeliners I've used. It is very cream and has dark pigmented true black color that last all day long with no fading or smearing. And the tip is absolutely amazing, it applies so smooth and precise making it easy to make designs with and is great of creating that pesky winged liner. I would definitely recommend you give it a try a little hard to use but once you get the hang of it this will become your go to eyeliner....
Adrienne H.
Adrienne H.
Henderson, NV
Feb. 8, 2016, 4:26 p.m.
Review for: Black
Worst eyeliner ever. The idea and concept is good. The actual product, horrible. I am not a "newbie" to the winged liner and this make the whole process a nightmare. First, the formula is dry and skips when you apply it. You have to use small strokes and it comes off as clumpy. Eyeliner...Clumpy??? Yes. Next, you try to make the lines look even and to do that, you end up with thicker wings you didn't want in the first place because it's so clumpy and skips. Another "hack" is to pull your eyelid to make the liner go on smoothr. But to be honest, I don't want to pull my eyelid to the side because this 30 plus year old is worried about wrinkles. The only plus is that it does last forever. And I mean, FOREVER. To the point where removal, again, causes pulling on the skin around the eye...not cute. If you want a gel liner, buy one that you apply with a brush.
Kya J.
Kya J.
Jacksonville, FL
As a fan of benefit cosmetics this eyeliner is a let down. First things first is it's really hard to get the eyeliner out the darn tube itself, having to twist it some kind of weird way at the top, and when you get it out, it's like a bubble almost of eyeliner, which makes eating meow prone when you apply it on. Application is hard because it's hard to gauge where the eyeliner is coming out from at the top, and being someone who has straighter eyelashes, it's still hard for me to apply so if you have curly eye lashes avoid! While application is difficult, the eyeliner can get cakey and crumble, and become very difficult to take off when you're ready to take it off. That itself would be a good thing if the eyeliner was easy to apply, but the difficulty makes more room for mistakes, thus messy makeup. Wouldn't really recommend for anyone.
Luisa M.
Luisa M.
Fishers, IN
June 24, 2016, 2:09 a.m.
Review for: Black
I received this eyeliner as a sample a few years ago and loved it, but never got around to buying it because it seemed kinda pricey, but I finally got the full size and I love it! It's so pigmented, and it stays on all day. In fact it's hard to get off when it comes to removing your makeup. At first it took me a while to learn how to properly maneuver it and get it to do what I want, it's just a matter of playing around with it until you're comfortable. There's not a lot of room for error because it is so pigmented. I always rock the thick wing liner, and I feel like this eyeliner basically does the wing for you. All you do is make 2 lines, the angle of the rubber tip is perfect for wings, and it hugs the lash line super well. I also like to tight line with it. I would buy again and I recommend it to all my friends.
Jacqueline M.
Jacqueline M.
San Antonio, TX
March 18, 2016, 7:55 p.m.
Review for: Black
When i first purchased this item, i loved it! And i still do. The pigmentation is great, its easy to apply, and lasts longer than most eyeliners i have used. However there are a few cons to this product. The tip makes it easy for getting the right angle for your winged eyeliner however it can sometimes be hard to get very fine and clean lines. Sometimes i open the cap and a bit of product has been pushed out prior to even dispensing it. I had to throw away the last tube i had because it dried out and when i attempted to extrude the dried up product it literally burst! Overall i would it to someone who normally wouldn't wing their eyeliner because this is great for lining the lashline but does take a little more work for creating the perfect wing. just clean it regularly to avoid it clogging up.
Hannah C.
Hannah C.
Hernando, MS
If you are good at doing your eyeliner and are patient, this product was created for you. It is incredibly easy to use, but since eyeliner is not my forte, I have trouble with it. I bought this liner at Ulta during the 21 days of beauty on sale, and since I am a die-hard Benefit fan, I thought I might try it, even though I use eyeliner only for special occasions. The gel product is dispensed through a rubbery tip that is VERY flexible. Pros: the product does not smudge and lasts all day! If you purchase this product, you NEED the special remover that benefit sells as well. The product is so hard to get off otherwise. I mean, really, so hard to get off you might rip out your eyelashes trying to get the product off. If you're willing to get both products, it is definitely worth the money!
Allison H.
Allison H.
Nov. 29, 2015, 11:58 a.m.
Review for: Black
I actually hadn't heard of this miraculous product until a few weeks ago. I received it as a bonus item in my They're Real Mascara box. To be completely honest, I was a little thrown off by the design but at the same time completely intrigued! After several trial & errors, I'm happy to say that this stuff is amazing! I love how effortlessly the eyeliner comes out in one swoop. Can I get an amen for symmetrical eyeliner on both eyes? Yes! The only sort-of negative is that the liner can get clumpy on the tip of the applicator. Otherwise, I love it. Oh, and don't worry about this stuff melting off & landing somewhere below your lower lashes. This stuff stays put. No raccoon eyes here! Which leads me to my next review... They're Real Remover is the bomb dot com. For real.
Yanira S.
Yanira S.
Is this a good product for people that can't do the winged liner?
galina G.
galina G.
I found this eyeliner difficult to apply, is there a special way to apply it I'm not aware of?
Jen G.
Jen G.
Is this kind of like liquid liner? I like the pencils, but prefer the liquid liner, this looks like it's the best of both worlds?
K I.
K I.
Is it really worth it ?
Laura M.
Laura M.
Is this liner long lasting?