BY BENEFIT COSMETICS

8.5 g Net wt. 0.3 oz. see more...

• Which one is your favourite mascara?:)2 Answers
  • Does this mascara give volume and length?2 Answers
  • Hey guys, how is the formula on this mascara? Is it clump...1 Answers
Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Mascara (BLACK) Full Size
  • "This is one of my favorite mascaras right now! It provides definition, length and volume. I love that it has many bristles to get into all your lashes especially mine since they are short and thin. I also love using this mascara on my bottom lashes on days that I dont use bottom liner!" in 12 reviews
  • "This was the first high end mascara I ever purchased and to date I still really enjoy this mascara, it separates and lengthens lashes nicely and stays put, it doesn’t run or flake like other mascaras on the market do." in 6 reviews
  • "I love this mascara!!! It’s super stunning and makes your lashes look so long!! It’s really long lasting!! I’ve bought this multiple times!! The price is worth it!! I would definitely recommend this to anyone in need of a good mascara!!" in 4 reviews
  • "This makes my lashes look incredible. They’re thicker, longer, bolder, last all day and all night wear but man is this mascara hard to take off!! I love it, and it’s one of my favorite mascaras but I have a sensitive eye area and most removers would bother my eyes before removing this tough mascara." in 3 reviews
Kyrsten J.
Rochester, NY
Purchased at: ULTA
I have sensitive eyes, so I have to choose my mascara very carefully. This one I purchased as part of a Black Friday deal at Ulta and just used it for the first time over the holidays (I'm a #makeuphoarder). Really amazing product that lifted and separated my lashes, didn't flake over 12 hours of wear, and best of all, did not burn my eyes. Bless Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Mascara (BLACK) Full Size !!
Sofia V.
Denver, CO
I know everyone says they have tried them all but I literally have spent thousands of $ over the years trying to find one that works for me. I have tried all of the top brands as well as drug store brands. My lashes are thin (you could probably almost count them) and short and have no natural curl to them. If I don't use an eyelash curler, the top & bottom lashes of the outside corners will stick together no matter what mascara I use. This one takes a little practice to get it just right for you. I have found that if you let it dry and try to put on a 2nd coat, it will clump. The more you try to work with them the worse they become. Therefore you make sure you have enough on the brush the first time. I always curl my lashes first then starting at the base I move the brush up slowly, slightly wiggling it back a forth so that I am depositing the maximum I want on each lash because I can't re-coat once dry. I don't take the brush away from my lashes until I reach the tip, brushing straight up until I've passed the tip. IF I see that I need to adjust the lashes, I go back immediately while they are still wet, and using that rounded tip, separate them or what ever it is I wanted to fix. The key is to not let it dry before separating or adjustments. It made my eyelashes look twice as thick and twice as long. Now it did not give me those lush full lashes some women (& many men) are blessed with but it made a substantial difference. It does not flake on me at all through a 12-14 hr day, but I'm not one who touches my lashes or my eyes after they are made up; like rubbing or wiping. As for removal, it is almost like a waterproof because soap and water nor many of the makeup removers take it off. I use those wet facial cloths to remove all my makeup. Takes it right off. Some brands work better than others but so far they all work. I take the cloth and keep it folded becasue it's holding more moisture that way, and with my eye closed, press it up against the underside of my lashes where I put the mascara on and hold it there for a couple seconds to soften the mascara and then wipe the cloth upwards. I usually do it 2 maybe 3 times depending on how much I purt on. Now granted, I now have it smugged on my eye lid but then using a clean part of the cloth, wipe my lid and it's gone! Don't pull on your lashes or rubbed something roughly over them back and forth because you are going to pull out your lashes. While you're young you may not think about that but as you age and especially with what we do to them to look the way we want to look, is hard on them. At some point they will stop gowing rapidly replacing the ones that fell out and they will get thinner and thinner. Have you ever seen a woman over 45 or there abouts, with thick eyelashes that are real? So be gentle with them. Now this may sound like it takes a long time to put on or off but it's actually quicker than when I used the other top brands becasue I don't have to 2nd coat and then play with them to separate etc. And coming off is quicker than if I washed my face with soap and water. So to those of you that have difficulties using it, try it my way and see if that works for you. Just remember, even though they all say to let them dry and put on a second coat, it doesn't work with this one. It will clump and that's the flakes that fall off so quickly into your day. I'll even rotate the brush as I'm putting it on so that I'm using all of the wet sides of the brush
Nicole C.
Sacramento, CA
Purchased at: ULTA
This mascara was pretty good but it started to make my lashes clumpy and I hate when that happens I have been doing my makeup for a while so I know how to apply mascara where they don’t get clumpy I was kind of bumped about that but it did go on very smooth and it is a little bit on the thick side.
heather W.
Chesnee, SC
I love the formula of this! And the brush. It perfectly separates my lashes and I don’t make a mess. I can add 2-3 layers and they still look really natural. This is my go to everyday mascara. Even when I don’t wear any makeup I still put on my mascara bc I have very light brown lashes.
Arya P.
beep bop land
Purchased at: ULTA
This is not that clumpy which is a plus! It lengthens the lashes for a more natural look. The wand is a really nice shape for applying. It lot more for everyday wear unlike theBenefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Curling Mascara.
Christina H.
Hands down my favorite mascara of all time!! The tube that’s shown is the one I got about 2 years ago (kept it for the packaging) but just threw away a different one I just got done with. The pricing is decent for as I have repurchased this mascara at least 3 times. This mascara gave me everything I could ask for...length, volume, separation, and held my curl 😍😍 It ALWAYS made my lashes look absolutely stunning and almost fake. This mascara went WAYYY over my expectations (which is good ofc). Would highly highly HIGHLY recommend to anyone who is looking for a mascara that gives you a good/great amount of volume and length.
Bethany W.
This was my first holy grail mascara. It is so intensely black, thick, and lengthening. It’s literally like wearing false lashes. I repurchased several times before branching out to other mascaras but this is still one of my true loves. It’s so long lasting, it will be in your lashes for days if you don’t really get in there. I used a makeup remover and then an oil cleanser followed by foam cleanser to take it all out. If you haven’t given this mascara a try yet, you need to, you’ll fall in love.
Sandy Z.
California
Purchased at: Sephora
I gotta say this is by far the best and most effective mascara out there I absolutely love it! The brush is great separates lash giving them that look as if you were wearing false lash.
Jen F.
Santa Clarita, CA
I think at this point every one knows that this is the best mascara that was ever made. I’ve been using this mascara for about 2 years and when I’m not using it and trying other mascaras, I always come back to this one. It leaves my lashes looking so long and more volume. I always get compliments and people think I’m wearing falsies and that’s a lot to say since I have tiny lashes so it makes me wants to continue to buy it.
Lianna R.
Fort Myers , FL
Probably one of my favorite mascaras ever, it’s just all around great, application is awesome, long lasting, gives lashes lots of length. I could just keep buying this mascara for the rest of my life and be happy with it, if I had to. Only thing I found to not like was that it seemed to run out a little quicker than my other mascaras... but that could have been from me using it so often. I’ll definitely purchase again.
🌸Sandy🌸 G.
London, London
Which one is your favourite mascara?:)
Elly L.
Does this mascara give volume and length?
Nada C.
Sterling, VA
Hey guys, how is the formula on this mascara? Is it clumpy? Also is it more of a natural look or a dramatic look?
Annie K.
Does this product smudge under the eye?