Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Lengthening MascaraInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2015

BY BENEFIT COSMETICS

They're Real! Lengthens, Curls, Volumizes, Lifts And Separates. Our Jet Black, Long-wearing Formula Won’t Smudge Or Dry Out. A Specially Designed Brush Reveals Lashes You Never Knew You Had!

94% Saw Dramatic Length & Volume*
94% Saw Visible Lift*
100% Saw Long-wearing Results*

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bisdiglyceryl Polyacyladipate2, C1836 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

• Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Lengthening Mascara **Cop...80 Answers
  • Do this give your eyes the bold pop look?104 Answers
  • Fave mascara at the moment? Mine is Benefit Cosmetics Th...8 Answers
Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Lengthening Mascara
  • "This mascara is definitely one of my favorites! Whenever I'm wearing this people always compliment my lashes! This mascara does a great job at lengthening & volumizing! Perfect mascara If you are going for bold lashes! " in 2302 reviews
  • "I got a sample of this at Sephora and this is mascara has a funky wand, as I'm sure everyone knows. But the ball on the end works great for getting inner lashes or separating lashes." in 992 reviews
  • "So my mascara has always smudged after about two hours of wear, or I have to use waterproof mascara which makes my lashes gross after I removed the mascara. Since this mascara is water resistant it does not do that to my lower lashes. People keep saying the price is a con, but I buy the smaller tube which costs $10, so it is similar in price to the drugstore mascaras. My only complaint is that the spiky ball on the end of the mascara wand really does not work for me." in 592 reviews
Mareli S.
Mesa, AZ
Review for: Black more...
I know everyone says they have tried them all but I literally have spent thousands of $ over the years trying to find one that works for me. I have tried all of the top brands as well as drug store brands. My lashes are thin (you could probably almost count them) and short and have no natural curl to them. If I don't use an eyelash curler, the top & bottom lashes of the outside corners will stick together no matter what mascara I use. This one takes a little practice to get it just right for you. I have found that if you let it dry and try to put on a 2nd coat, it will clump. The more you try to work with them the worse they become. Therefore you make sure you have enough on the brush the first time. I always curl my lashes first then starting at the base I move the brush up slowly, slightly wiggling it back a forth so that I am depositing the maximum I want on each lash because I can't re-coat once dry. I don't take the brush away from my lashes until I reach the tip, brushing straight up until I've passed the tip. IF I see that I need to adjust the lashes, I go back immediately while they are still wet, and using that rounded tip, separate them or what ever it is I wanted to fix. The key is to not let it dry before separating or adjustments. It made my eyelashes look twice as thick and twice as long. Now it did not give me those lush full lashes some women (& many men) are blessed with but it made a substantial difference. It does not flake on me at all through a 12-14 hr day, but I'm not one who touches my lashes or my eyes after they are made up; like rubbing or wiping. As for removal, it is almost like a waterproof because soap and water nor many of the makeup removers take it off. I use those wet facial cloths to remove all my makeup. Takes it right off. Some brands work better than others but so far they all work. I take the cloth and keep it folded becasue it's holding more moisture that way, and with my eye closed, press it up against the underside of my lashes where I put the mascara on and hold it there for a couple seconds to soften the mascara and then wipe the cloth upwards. I usually do it 2 maybe 3 times depending on how much I purt on. Now granted, I now have it smugged on my eye lid but then using a clean part of the cloth, wipe my lid and it's gone! Don't pull on your lashes or rubbed something roughly over them back and forth because you are going to pull out your lashes. While you're young you may not think about that but as you age and especially with what we do to them to look the way we want to look, is hard on them. At some point they will stop gowing rapidly replacing the ones that fell out and they will get thinner and thinner. Have you ever seen a woman over 45 or there abouts, with thick eyelashes that are real? So be gentle with them. Now this may sound like it takes a long time to put on or off but it's actually quicker than when I used the other top brands becasue I don't have to 2nd coat and then play with them to separate etc. And coming off is quicker than if I washed my face with soap and water. So to those of you that have difficulties using it, try it my way and see if that works for you. Just remember, even though they all say to let them dry and put on a second coat, it doesn't work with this one. It will clump and that's the flakes that fall off so quickly into your day. I'll even rotate the brush as I'm putting it on so that I'm using all of the wet sides of the brush.
Holly R.
Morgantown, WV
Review for: Black more...
I've had a sample of this product sitting in my makeup bag for the longest time because I refused to wear anything other than the L'oreal lash paradise, but I decided to try it the other day and it has changed my life! It made my lashes SO long and full- I got compliments from all my friends. Even my boyfriend stopped to ask my if I was wearing fake lashes, and I was just wearing this mascara! It does not flake off and it seems to be waterproof for the most part- it was snowing out and my mascara didn't leak or smudge. It stayed on all day and night and looked like I had just applied it! I do not have anything but high remarks for this product because it is one of the best mascaras I have ever worn.
Maura F.
Johnston
I didn’t know it was possible to fall in love with a mascara until I purchased this. After many failed attempts of finding a mascara that I liked I came across this and let me tell ya it is a game changer. I love this product so much and it makes my lashes look so thick and long with just 1-2 coats. I have recommended this products to so many people and they all love it as well! I actually constantly get asked “are those your real lashes” and all I say it “They’re Real by benefit girl”
Jennifer M.
Washington DC
Review for: Black more...
This a great mascara. It does give a nice length to my lashes and separates the lashes to give them a nice volume, not clumpy looking. I compared this to the Loreal Lash Paradise, but after trying the Benefit in one eye and the Loreal to the other, the Benefit side looked so much better, more voluminous and overall more appealing. Also, my Loreal mascaras dry down much faster, giving lashes a clump look after having the mascara for few weeks. This formula has not done that for me. Better quality for sure. Highly recommend it. I got this mascara at Ulta for half off on a deal.
Yuvia A.
I actually do like this product, although I would say it is truly a lengthening mascara and not a thickening mascara, so your lashes will be a little thin but that can be great for a really natural look. It is pretty buildable as well so you can use a thickening in combination with this mascara. If you have the cash I would recommend however it is not CRAZY amazing so I wouldn't say you need to break the bank for this product.
Briana S.
Boston
Purchased at: Sephora
This is the best eyeliner ever. The applicator is truly amazing- I really love the bristles at the top of the brush for getting the small eyelashes at the corner of my lids. It seriously lengthens my lashes and separates them so well- I actually frequently get asked if I’m wearing fake lashes whenever I wear this mascara. Ive used this mascara for years and will probably use it forever!!
Madison K.
Kansas City
Purchased at: Sephora
I received a Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Lengthening Mascara from Birchbox, and it immediately became my favorite mascara. I have bought it three times since. I tend towards a more natural makeup look, but when I want to pull out something that makes my lashes POP, I go for this. It is not clumpy, like a lot of mascaras that claim to have “volume,” and tend to be gloopy. The brush is really easy to use and coats every lash. This has a very smooth finish, that seriously looks like a nice pair of thick lash extensions. This is the mascara I am wearing in this picture. Will definitely continue to buy it in the future!
avery P.
Sherman, CT
Review for: Black more...
I got this mascara as a free gift after purchasing another mascara at benefit. After using it once It immediately became my favorite mascara. It stays on for a very long time and gives your lashes a special pop. I already have long curled eye lashes to begin with but after using this it increases the curl and length and makes them look fake. No matter what color you buy they all make your eye and lashes pop and look amazing. The only default of this mascara is it takes forever to take off with out the right cleanser. To take it off i use  Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water All-in-1  and it comes off fine, but any other cleanser it doesn't come off easily. This mascara gives your lashes a flair that no other mascara has ever done for me. This is my holygrail mascara and if you want a amazing lengthening mascara this is definitely a go too.
Abbey L.
Painesville, OH
Review for: Black more...
People seem to be torn about this mascara, but I absolutely loved it! I've found a new holy grail now (Benefit's Bad Gal Bang!) but this was my tried and true for years, and here's why:

The formula is great. It doesn't clump up on me at all, and it gives my lackluster lashes SO much length, they do genuinely almost look fake. The mascara is nice and black, which I love, and I notice no flaking off or smudging onto my lids throughout the day. The wand itself is great for getting those tiny lashes that a lot of mascara wands miss, but the applicator is very spiky, and can be a little painful if you aren't careful.

The only thing keeping They're Real! from a 5-star rating is that it is borderline impossible to remove. Seriously, it's a huge pain to take off. I guess that could be a pro OR con because once it's on, it's ON. That aside, this mascara is a total hit. I'd recommend it to anyone!
Meredith C.
Tuscaloosa
This stuff is absolute best mascara out there! I can always count on it to get the job done. I plan to continue purchasing this product over and over. I also have gotten several people hooked on it as well! Not to mention that I love having the option of getting the travel size if my budget doesn’t allow for me to get a full size.
Brandy T.
Benton, AR
Do this give your eyes the bold pop look?
Mary I.
Eau Claire, WI
Is it worth how expensive it is?
Marlena B.
Fairfield, CA
What do you use to take off this mascara? I use coconut oil but I'd like to see if there are more options.
Karli c.
Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Lengthening Mascara **Copied from a fellow Influenster** Lets increase our impact score in a fun way! Like this post and answer any or all questions below, each one in a comment. I will like every comment!!! GO GO GO 🏃🏽‍♀️💨💨💨💨💨💨💨💨 1- What is your favourite colour ? 2- How old are you? 👩‍💼 3- What is your zodiac sign? 4- Cats or dogs?🐶 5- What is your pet’s name?🐱 6- What is your favorite makeup brand?👄 7- Red lipstick or nude lipstick?💄 8- Lipstick or lipgloss?💋 9- Favorite mascara?👀 10- Favorite season?☀️ 11- Morning or night person? 🌗 12- Pool or beach? 🌴 13- Soda or juice? 🍊 14- Tacos or cheeseburguer? 🌮 15- IOS or Android? 📱 16- Favorite TV show? 📺
Marie T.
Would you say this is your holy grail mascara?