Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Lengthening Mascara uploaded by Sara G.Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Lengthening Mascara uploaded by Natalie M.Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Lengthening Mascara uploaded by Elle P.See all 795 photos
5 colors available

BY BENEFIT COSMETICS #15 in Mascara

BeneFit they're real! mascara Beauty Shop by Category - Makeup

• Do this give your eyes the bold pop l...absolutely. 95 Answers
  • This Masscara is good I love it it do...you should try the lash primer... 1 Answers
  • lets all add each other on social med...Xbecxa 3 Answers
Photos (787)
Buy on Sephora
Kristen F.
Kristen F.
Hamilton, NY
Aug. 16, 2016, 12:54 p.m.
Review for: Black
This is my absolute favorite mascara. I have used many different mascaras in the past, from expensive high-end brands to drugstore cheapie brands, but I just keep coming back to They're Real. I have pretty long eyelashes to begin with, so I look for a mascara that will give me a ton of volume and will separate and lift/curly my lashes. This product is perfect!

The mascara formula goes on light enough that you can put on a few coats to get the exact amount of that bold lash look that you are going for. The little ball on the end of the applicator gets those hard-to-reach baby lashes on the insides and outsides of your lash line, which really give you that lush, almost false-lash look. The applicator is thin enough that you can use this on your bottom lashes without getting smudges under your eyes on the skin.

I have been asked more than a handful of times whether my lashes were "real" when I am wearing this product, no lie. This is my ride-or-die mascara and I tout its praises to anyone who will listen. I know it isn't the cheapest mascara on the market, but I promise the benefits are worth it. Plus, the formula does not get dried out or clumpy, so you can use it right up to the 3 month mark (when they suggest you throw out mascara because of germs). Try this!
Alex R.
Alex R.
Philadelphia, PA
Okay this mascara is one of my go to mascaras. Yes it is on the pricier side but it does last a while for me, but I do not use it daily. Let me say that it helps curl and separate the lashes, which is definitely a good thing, For me it does not particularly lengthen the look of my lashes but it does look my lashes, amped up. I will say this product cannot outlast an East Coast heat wave and will melt a little pressure, and it is not the waterproof version so do not use if for a special event where tears could occur. Also beware of the actual wand itself, because it is pokey and slightly sharp and if you hit your eye or the the wrong part of your lid---OUCH and then you are blinking and tearing up and there is mascara running down your face which is certainly not the look I am going for...also the very end of wand/the tip is great for getting the lashes on the inner eye area, but the problem is that area can pick up a little too much mascara so i have to dab off the excess to actually get the inner eye area without totally ruining your mascara application.
Natalie A.
Natalie A.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is my favorite mascara of all time. And I've used hundreds of mascaras, from MAC to Covergirl and Urban Decay. Nothing compares to this one. I have two mini sized ones, one that I received in an Ipsy bag and one that a friend gifted to me for Christmas (so glad I have one ready to use when I run out of the first one!). This does not clump or smudge at all, it lasts a long time, and it really extends your lashes! I literally see my eyelashes grow when I apply this, even with just one coat. It looks absolutely beautiful and natural on my eyelashes, and it's my go-to mascara for day time and night time/special occasions. I can put this on without any makeup and just some eyeliner, and it makes my eyes look bigger and more girly, no need for a bunch of makeup. I've also had a problem with previous mascaras where when I go to take it off, I also take off about half my eyelashes along with it. This mascara doesn't cause my eyelashes to fall out. There is nothing better, I would highly recommend this!
Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.
July 15, 2016, 7:04 p.m.
Review for: Black
I had never tried an expensive mascara brand before (I stick to drugstore products for the most part). But this month I had a chance to choose this Benefit mascara as one of my free samples for my Birchbox subscription, so I jumped at the chance to try it out. I always had wanted to see if it lived up to the hype. Honestly, it's a really, really great mascara. I can see why people like it so much. It's not clumpy at all, and just a couple swipes gives a really nice length to my lashes. I like the brush design, it's pretty unique. It stays put throughout the entire day; it's pretty stubborn to remove even with makeup removing wipes, it doesn't want to budge at all! However, as nice as it is, I can't see myself paying $24 for a mascara. There are SO many drugstore mascaras that give super great results as well without the expensive price tag. So while I really liked it and have no complaints about it, I'll definitely stick to my cheaper brands. Glad I got the chance to try it out though!
Ashley C.
Ashley C.
Almost 6 year and still obsessed!

My first mascara (besides Dior Show) i purchased over $15 dollars almost 6 years ago when i worked for ulta cosmetics. At first i wasnt a fan, thought it didnt do much & the whole plastic wand thing was Really becoming a big thing and i just wasnt jumping on that band wagon (LOL). But i seriously was wrong after i sat down one day after a benefot training and decided to give it a 2nd chance.

Length with natural volume and no clumping or fallout throughout the day! water-resistant so it stays all day but comes off easily. Not only does it work great by itself, but i prefer to layer the mascara! I like using it over maybelline mascaras to give thicker and perfect curled lashes. OR wear it alone then add a waterproof mascara on top for beach/pool or over 100 degree weather.

This mascara is also great to apply before or after False lashes are applied. Also diring christmas i love buying the jumdo tunes or the rhinestoned capped tubes!!!
Natasha L.
Natasha L.
N Las Vegas, NV
Feb. 4, 2016, 4:42 p.m.
Review for: Black
I received a free sample size of this mascara from Benefit a while back, and I was really excited to use it because I heard so many good things about it. With two coats, this mascara will bring out a nice, dark color and definitely lengthens the lashes to make it look like you're wearing falsies, but no "they're real!" (hence the name of the mascara). Although it does lengthen the lashes, it does not volumize it. The comb, though, has little spiky balls at the ends to help separate the lashes better giving you a non-clumpy look. The bottle does not mention that it is waterproof, but it does not flake off or smudge during the day. Also, when dried, it does not make the lashes feel hard, but surprisingly still soft. The only downfall to this mascara is that it is a bit difficult to remove, but it isn't impossible. It just takes a little most effort to remove this mascara than other waterproof mascaras.
June 3, 2016, 1:11 a.m.
Review for: Black
I love this mascara ! This is one of my top 3 favorite mascaras and I love it for a few good reasons. It gives my lashes length that they usually do not have !!! Not only that but it does so in just one coat ! So I can apply more then one coat without it flaking or getting hard and crunchy which is of course another plus but then it's just even more length. No messy lashes . No clumping . Just a nice natural look that I can not get enough of. I used to think that Benefits Bad Gal Lash mascara was the only mascara for me ... but that was until they came out with this ! Now I am hooked and can not get enough. If your a mascara junkie like me , you should definitely own this mascara. And if you're just looking for a good mascara that won't clump , flake , smudge or dry out quickly and gives your lashes length and a natural look ... well then this mascara is a definite must try ! highly recommend
Aleena P.
Aleena P.
Aug. 17, 2016, 4:10 p.m.
Review for: Black
Just no. It leaves my lashes hard and crispy and that is a huge pet peeve. It gives decent length but not a lot of volume. The brush is decent but as peronal opinion I don't like small brushes/bristles. It is really comparable to a lot of drugstore options I've tried and that's the main reason I hate it. It's not a horrible product when we're talking how it performs and the packaging, thought it's not a great one either. But for the price, it becomes ridiculous. you could get the same results for 5-10$. It did last all day as far as staying in my lashes but it was not close to water resistant and didn't JUST stay on my lashes. If I were to sweat too hard at work or not get it all off before a shower it would be everywhere. Even if I didn't sweat and make it run it flaked everywhere. Yet it was almost impossible to remove completely, even with benefits special remover. Just. Not. Worth. It.
Heather M.
Heather M.
Starkville, MS
April 29, 2016, 10:34 a.m.
Review for: Black
This is an excellent mascara and there is only one thing that keeps this from being 5 stars! I'll hit what I don't like first- this mascara dries to a hard and crunchy consistency and I just feel like it is going to make my lashes brittle and prone to breakage (I am not sure I have experienced that it's just how I feel when my lashes feel brittle). It is also very hard to remove (even with waterproof eye makeup remover). What I like about this mascara is that lashes are longer and fuller in 2 easy coats with minimal spidery lashes. I feel that this does a good job of separating while still maintaining volume. This will not crumble, flake off, or smudge during the day. The formula is super wet and black and I never have a problem with this getting too thick the more I use it. This is one of my top 3 mascaras thought I must admit the formula makes me a bit nervous to use daily.
Jessica F.
Jessica F.
Manassas, VA
Yikes. I wanted to like this product, but wow was it a disaster. When I first started to apply it, I was impressed by how black it was and how it separated my lashes. However, one coat didn't satisfy me because my lashes needed a bit more volume. The second coat is where everything went wrong. Immediately, my eyelashes began clumping together. I would separate them with a clean spoolie and that would fix it but they still looked dull so I went in again, had the same experience, fixed it up and then gave up and went about my day.

When I went to take my makeup off at the end of the night, my base of my eyelashes hurt. They felt sore and attacked. It hurt to apply mascara the next day. I blamed the mascara, returned it that day, and never had the problem again. It's great that it works well for so many people, but it definitely didn't for me and I won't ever go back.
Brandy T.
Brandy T.
Benton, AR
Beauty Junkie Expert
Do this give your eyes the bold pop look?
Mary I.
Mary I.
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Is it worth how expensive it is?
Marlena B.
Marlena B.
Fairfield, CA
What do you use to take off this mascara? I use coconut oil but I'd like to see if there are more options.
Marie T.
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Would you say this is your holy grail mascara?
Karly R.
Karly R.
Raleigh, NC
I have been hearing a lot about how great this mascara is, but is it worth the price?