Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Lengthening MascaraInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2015

BY BENEFIT COSMETICS #16 in Mascara

Bigger, bolder, sexier lashes! they're real! lengthens, curls, volumizes, lifts and separates. Our jet black, long-wearing formula won't smudge or dry out. A specially designed brush reveals lashes you never knew you had!

• Comes in full size & mini
  • 94% saw dramatic length & volume*
  • 94% saw visible lift*
  • 100% saw long-wearing results*

*Results observed in a consumer panel survey

• Do this give your eyes the bold pop look?97 Answers
  • This is the benefit we are real mascara I loved it so muchhh ūüėćBen...1 Answers
  • what is your all time favourite mascara? mine is the Benefit Cosm...4 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Kristen F.
Hamilton, NY
Review for: Black
This is my absolute favorite mascara. I have used many different mascaras in the past, from expensive high-end brands to drugstore cheapie brands, but I just keep coming back to They're Real. I have pretty long eyelashes to begin with, so I look for a mascara that will give me a ton of volume and will separate and lift/curly my lashes. This product is perfect!

The mascara formula goes on light enough that you can put on a few coats to get the exact amount of that bold lash look that you are going for. The little ball on the end of the applicator gets those hard-to-reach baby lashes on the insides and outsides of your lash line, which really give you that lush, almost false-lash look. The applicator is thin enough that you can use this on your bottom lashes without getting smudges under your eyes on the skin.

I have been asked more than a handful of times whether my lashes were "real" when I am wearing this product, no lie. This is my ride-or-die mascara and I tout its praises to anyone who will listen. I know it isn't the cheapest mascara on the market, but I promise the benefits are worth it. Plus, the formula does not get dried out or clumpy, so you can use it right up to the 3 month mark (when they suggest you throw out mascara because of germs). Try this!
Alex R.
Philadelphia, PA
Okay this mascara is one of my go to mascaras. Yes it is on the pricier side but it does last a while for me, but I do not use it daily. Let me say that it helps curl and separate the lashes, which is definitely a good thing, For me it does not particularly lengthen the look of my lashes but it does look my lashes, amped up. I will say this product cannot outlast an East Coast heat wave and will melt a little pressure, and it is not the waterproof version so do not use if for a special event where tears could occur. Also beware of the actual wand itself, because it is pokey and slightly sharp and if you hit your eye or the the wrong part of your lid---OUCH and then you are blinking and tearing up and there is mascara running down your face which is certainly not the look I am going for...also the very end of wand/the tip is great for getting the lashes on the inner eye area, but the problem is that area can pick up a little too much mascara so i have to dab off the excess to actually get the inner eye area without totally ruining your mascara application.
Jennifer S.
Review for: Black
I had never tried an expensive mascara brand before (I stick to drugstore products for the most part). But this month I had a chance to choose this Benefit mascara as one of my free samples for my Birchbox subscription, so I jumped at the chance to try it out. I always had wanted to see if it lived up to the hype. Honestly, it's a really, really great mascara. I can see why people like it so much. It's not clumpy at all, and just a couple swipes gives a really nice length to my lashes. I like the brush design, it's pretty unique. It stays put throughout the entire day; it's pretty stubborn to remove even with makeup removing wipes, it doesn't want to budge at all! However, as nice as it is, I can't see myself paying $24 for a mascara. There are SO many drugstore mascaras that give super great results as well without the expensive price tag. So while I really liked it and have no complaints about it, I'll definitely stick to my cheaper brands. Glad I got the chance to try it out though!
Ashley C.
Almost 6 year and still obsessed!

My first mascara (besides Dior Show) i purchased over $15 dollars almost 6 years ago when i worked for ulta cosmetics. At first i wasnt a fan, thought it didnt do much & the whole plastic wand thing was Really becoming a big thing and i just wasnt jumping on that band wagon (LOL). But i seriously was wrong after i sat down one day after a benefot training and decided to give it a 2nd chance.

Length with natural volume and no clumping or fallout throughout the day! water-resistant so it stays all day but comes off easily. Not only does it work great by itself, but i prefer to layer the mascara! I like using it over maybelline mascaras to give thicker and perfect curled lashes. OR wear it alone then add a waterproof mascara on top for beach/pool or over 100 degree weather.

This mascara is also great to apply before or after False lashes are applied. Also diring christmas i love buying the jumdo tunes or the rhinestoned capped tubes!!!
Review for: Black
I love this mascara ! This is one of my top 3 favorite mascaras and I love it for a few good reasons. It gives my lashes length that they usually do not have !!! Not only that but it does so in just one coat ! So I can apply more then one coat without it flaking or getting hard and crunchy which is of course another plus but then it's just even more length. No messy lashes . No clumping . Just a nice natural look that I can not get enough of. I used to think that Benefits Bad Gal Lash mascara was the only mascara for me ... but that was until they came out with this ! Now I am hooked and can not get enough. If your a mascara junkie like me , you should definitely own this mascara. And if you're just looking for a good mascara that won't clump , flake , smudge or dry out quickly and gives your lashes length and a natural look ... well then this mascara is a definite must try ! highly recommend
Aleena P.
Review for: Black
Just no. It leaves my lashes hard and crispy and that is a huge pet peeve. It gives decent length but not a lot of volume. The brush is decent but as peronal opinion I don't like small brushes/bristles. It is really comparable to a lot of drugstore options I've tried and that's the main reason I hate it. It's not a horrible product when we're talking how it performs and the packaging, thought it's not a great one either. But for the price, it becomes ridiculous. you could get the same results for 5-10$. It did last all day as far as staying in my lashes but it was not close to water resistant and didn't JUST stay on my lashes. If I were to sweat too hard at work or not get it all off before a shower it would be everywhere. Even if I didn't sweat and make it run it flaked everywhere. Yet it was almost impossible to remove completely, even with benefits special remover. Just. Not. Worth. It.
Jessica F.
Manassas, VA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Yikes. I wanted to like this product, but wow was it a disaster. When I first started to apply it, I was impressed by how black it was and how it separated my lashes. However, one coat didn't satisfy me because my lashes needed a bit more volume. The second coat is where everything went wrong. Immediately, my eyelashes began clumping together. I would separate them with a clean spoolie and that would fix it but they still looked dull so I went in again, had the same experience, fixed it up and then gave up and went about my day.

When I went to take my makeup off at the end of the night, my base of my eyelashes hurt. They felt sore and attacked. It hurt to apply mascara the next day. I blamed the mascara, returned it that day, and never had the problem again. It's great that it works well for so many people, but it definitely didn't for me and I won't ever go back.
Kristin L.
Review for: Black
I use three mascaras daily, to get the length, volume, and thickness that I like. I know it's not necessary -- Benefit provides all three in this one tube -- but I'm a bit of a makeup brat.
I use this mascara every single day and I swear that even on the days where it's my only mascara (because I carry a little makeup pouch with me, and this is the only mascaras that comes along for the ride. It's also the only one that I absolutely NEED every day) I get about 1001 compliments on how beautiful my lashes are and "are they really that long?" Which means no one can tell I'm wearing mascara (my fave thing about this brand).
the price is what one would expect from a higher level beauty store (I'm a sephora devotee) but isn't so expensive that I'd ever reconsider something different.
It's a must-have. One try, and you'll know what I mean.
Gwendoline H.
Ballston lake , NY
Review for: Black
I think it's a great product. I actually preferred the sample size product for application. Maybe the brush was a bit different. I find the large tube gets too much mascara on the brush and I always end up scraping off the tip of the brush into the tube. I think the trick to this mascara is the application technique. Start at the base of your lashes and wiggle the applicator up to the ends of your lashes. I find only applying it to one side of your lashes (remember to wiggle!!**) coats my lashes very well without clumping. Applying to both sides caused clumping. I only need one coat but I already have long lashes. They definitely make my lashes look like falsies. But it's best to remove with an eye makeup remover. Not easily removed with soap and water. And unfortunately it can crumble. But a great product overall.
Sheenal d.
Stockton, CA
Alright, getting into the nitty gritty. This mascara is one of my Holy grail, high end, neccessities. When first applying, the formula has a wet consistency that dries down to a flimsy, yet sturdy finish. It was so comfortable to wear and the ball at the end of the wand does MAGIC for the lower lash line. Like the most longest, and natural you could make your lower lashes, without a million coats. This mascara has pretty good staying power, although, I find that after 6+ hours, it may flake on me. This mascara works well under or over mascara and the wand, can be re-utilized after your done with the tube, to just separate lashes or brush my brows (once it is all washed up of course). I always keep a tube of They're Real in my vanity because it has such a natural feel, and they give me a subdued, sultry look.
Brandy T.
Benton, AR
Beauty Junkie Expert
Do this give your eyes the bold pop look?
Mary I.
Eau Claire, WI
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is it worth how expensive it is?
Marlena B.
Fairfield, CA
What do you use to take off this mascara? I use coconut oil but I'd like to see if there are more options.
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Would you say this is your holy grail mascara?
Karly R.
Raleigh, NC
I have been hearing a lot about how great this mascara is, but is it worth the price?