Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Lengthening Mascara

They're Real! Lengthens, Curls, Volumizes, Lifts And Separates. Our Jet Black, Long-wearing Formula Won’t Smudge Or Dry Out. A Specially Designed Brush Reveals Lashes You Never Knew You Had!

94% Saw Dramatic Length & Volume*
94% Saw Visible Lift*
100% Saw Long-wearing Results*

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bisdiglyceryl Polyacyladipate2, C1836 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

Is this mascara as good as I’ve heard? Does it clump? I want something that helps my lashes grow too or look bigger because i have very small lashes, but don’t want it to make my eyelashes look clumpy either.
Does anyone know how to stop this mascara clumping/ drying?
Is it worth the purchase?
Start your review of Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Lengthening Mascara!
Product Highlights
“...always compliment my lashes! This mascara does a great job at lengthening & volumizing! Perfect mascara If you are going for bold lashes! ” in reviews
“...knows. But the ball on the end works great for getting inner lashes or separating lashes.” in reviews
“So my mascara has always smudged after about two hours of wear, or I have to use waterproof mascara which makes my lashes gross after I removed the mascara. Since this mascara is water resistant it does not do that to my lower lashes. People keep saying the price is a con, but I buy the smaller tube which costs $10, so it is similar in price to the drugstore mascaras. My only complaint is that the spiky ball on the end of the mascara wand really does not work for me.” in reviews
Toronto
I love this mascara, it is my daily go to HG mascara. It goes on so well, I literally can't put too much on, it will not clump not matter how many layers I put on. It really is so good for lengthening (and I would say moderate for volume, however I generally wear this for work and don't want too much volume, I don't want to look like I'm going clubbing), it is the best daily mascara. And to top it off I don't notice any flaking onto my cheeks during the day (even after a workout), although I do notice that the volume and length start to fade towards the end of the day, but it is otherwise perfect. I highly recommend this, I've repurchased many times.I love this mascara, it is my daily go to HG mascara. It goes on so well, I literally can't put too much on, it will not clump not matter how many layers I put on. It really is so good for lengthening (and I would say moderate for volume, however I generally wear this for work and don't want too much volume, I don't want to look like I'm going clubbing), it is the best daily mascara. And to top it off I don't notice any flaking onto my cheeks during the day (even after a workout), although I do notice that the volume and length start to fade towards the end of the day, but it is otherwise perfect. I highly recommend this, I've repurchased many times.
Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Lengthening Mascara uploaded by Maja V.
Overhyped. There are much better mascaras at the drugstore level. It dried up really fast, I would say it lasted 2 months. It gave my lashes a very very natural look and I found myself applying multiple coats to get it to a noticeable level. However, I did like that it didn’t smudge throughout the day. I’d only recommend to someone who prefers a very natural look, but even then, just find a good drugstore mascara and save yourself the money. [product:benefit-cosmetics-theyre-real!-lengthening-mascara]
Burlington
Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Lengthening Mascara uploaded by Lilly J.
Purchased at: Sephora
Okay so I have mixed feelings about this mascara it’s makes ur lashes extra long there is no doubt in that and it Deff stays on the only problem I have with this mascara is that it’s very drying my lashes end up being rock hard after .. it Deff gives the glam look but it’s also very hardning .. so I came up with a way to make it work ... I put one layer of the Benefit they’re real mascara and I go and I grab my benefit roller lash and I go over it ( the roller lash mascara by benefit is hydrating would it doesn’t leave ur lashes dry) that way when I’m going out I get my dramatic natural lashes without them standing like a cardboard box * note : I only use they’re real mascara are special occasion it’s not an an every day mascara in my opinion
Kitchener, ON
The formula is just okay. It’s not anything live changing, so I would say save your money and grab a couple of tubes from a drugstore brand instead. The wand on this mascara made me toss it before due time.. the bristles are plastic and long, which help for separating the lashes but more often than not I was poking my eyelid and the sharp bristles hurt and caused me to instinctively close my eye which just left me a mess every time. I probably would have used it all up if it weren’t for that awful wand!
Received complimentary sample from Influenster
Ottawa, ON
I have heard so many great things about Benefit products, and I really wanted to love this product, but it's not my favourite. I have tried several mascaras (both high end and drugstore), and this is not one that I will re-purchase. The formula was okay, and it did help to lengthen my lashes but I feel that there are other brands that deliver more. I didn't experience any smudging or flakiness with this mascara, but it didn't volumize or thicken my lashes like my holy grail mascaras.
oakville
Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Lengthening Mascara uploaded by Abigail B.
Purchased at: Sephora
This benefit cosmetics the real lengthening mascara is not just amazing for the lengthening, but also for The mascara to have the ability to curve, create volume, lifts the lashes & separates the lashes! This mascara keeps the lashes lifted with volume and curve throughout the whole day would highly recommend this product for your make up kit! Be sure to follow for more great reviews💕 #makeup #volume #curve [product:benefit-cosmetics-theyre-real!-lengthening-mascara]
Edmonton, AB
I love this mascara. It’s a high end brand with matching price. The brush doesn’t look like anything special but it’s truley a product you have to try and practice with. It’s buildable and after applying coat 1 and letting it dry you can apply and build coat two to achieve a false lash effect. After the first coat swipe the wand on the tips of the BACK OF THE LASHES. LET DRY slightly then apply to the front like normal. This technique will really build length.
Calgary
Love this mascara! Make sure you have a good makeup remover to make removal easier. I find the formula to be more on the wet side. The tip of the brush works great for getting those tricky to reach places! This mascara does have the tendency to flake off but I haven’t experienced that very much with this product. The formula is definitely very lengthening but a little too heavy to hold a curl for my very heavy and straight lashes.
Waterloo, ON
The perfect mascara for flawlessly separating and lengthening your lashes to the point that they genuinely look like falsies, but in a good way! I have loved this mascara for many years, and continue to do today. The only small drawback is that it doesn’t really add a lot of volume so when I want more volume, I use this mascara first then a volumizing one and then still finish with this one for a flawlessly fluttered lash look!

1,639 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...