BY BENEFIT COSMETICS #58 in Face Primer

The POREfessional: pore minimising makeup covers imperfections without settling into pores or clogging them. The weightless, long-wear formula instantly mattifies and controls excess surface oil for 8 hours*, and contains mushroom extract known to reduce the appearance of pores.
*instrumental test on 22 panelists

• smooth, buildable coverage
  • includes custom pore-blurring sponge
  • 5 POREfect shades

Colleen K.
Colleen K.
Blacksburg, VA
Review for: Shade 01
I am going to start this off by saying this is by no means a "perfect"/"holy grail" product, which is why I give it 4 stars, even though I absolutely love the product myself. I will tell you a bit about what I love and dislike about this product.

What I love:
THE FORMULA!! This is a great product if you have very oily skin, or if you have large, noticeable pores. I apply it to my t-zone and other oily areas, and then I top it off with some concealer and powder foundation. It stays smooth and matte. It feels like I have no makeup on! As someone with super oily, acne prone skin, I was getting so tired of heavy, full coverage foundations that claimed to be "oil free" or have "oil control." My face truly feels cleaner than with other foundations, and my skin is finally able to breath with this makeup.

I was surprised by how well it covers up redness too. If you don't mind a light coverage foundation, this is for you. If you DO mind a light coverage foundation, try using this before or after putting on your regular liquid foundation (like a primer or BB cream). I heard that works well, but have not tried it myself. This product also blends well with concealer. So if you have redness, try using a concealer as well. I use the Benefit Boi-ing Airbrush Concealer.

I recommend using the Porefessional Primer before applying this makeup. I noticed that my pores appeared to be a lot smaller because of it! While it didn't blur my pores completely (what product does??), they definitely minimized.

Now onto the bad news....

What I Dislike:
THE APPLICATOR. The sponge included with the product is horrible. I felt like I was pushing around the foundation rather than blending it. I'm not sure what else would work though since a beauty blender would soak up the very liquid-y formula. I still apply this product with the sponge, but I blend it with a beauty blender AFTER applying it with the sponge. Make sense? Good!

THE CONSISTENCY. Please be aware that this makeup is VERY VERY thin. Almost watery. That doesn't mean it is a bad product. Just be extra careful. Luckily, the liquid-y formula means you can get a lot out of a few drops.

THE PRICE. To be honest, you do not get the bang for your buck with this makeup. It is $30 for 0.5 fluid ounces. Ouch. However, I was desperate for something to help with my oily, acne prone skin, so I decided to splurge. It was worth it for me. If you are skeptical, try to get a free sample, or even try the tester at Sephora or Ulta.

THE DRY SPOTS. While I do have oily skin, I do get a few dry patches outside of my t-zone. This makeup stuck to those dry spots, unfortunately. They didn't look pretty either. This is not a good product for those of you with dry skin, unless you like orange-y dry patches on your face.

OVERALL:
This product is not meant for everyone, which is why I believe it has so many mixed reviews. If you have oily skin and you're looking for light coverage, this product will be worth your while. If you are not in that category but you're still curious, try a sample or tester of the product before spending the money. Like I said, this product definitely has its flaws, but it generally does what is advertised. I hope this helps!

Julia N.
Julia N.
Waco, TX
Absolutely love the job the product does!! I am a makeup artist and I use this product on a lot of my clients. I gave this product 4 stars because the only con in my opinion is that it doesn't come in different shades. However, I've used it on multiple skin tones so far and it's seemed to work flawlessly but I could definitely see issues arising with really light or dark toned skin. The product is tinted and actually looks like a moisturizer. You only need to use a TINY bit and it manages to spread all over the face. It covered pores and imperfections so well that I would recommend this product to people wanting to achieve full coverage needing a good primer. Attached is two full face with this primer under!
Alyssa B.
Alyssa B.
I love this stuff so much!  I got it as a sample from Ulta and I wish I had fifty more samples!  I haven't been out to buy the actual size yet but I will be soon.  It blurs imperfections, glides on smoothly, and works as a great barrier between your moisturized skin and your foundation.  I've used it with many different foundations (drugstore and high end) and it works well with any!  It really helps your makeup to last longer as well.  Win win!
Jéssica S.
Jéssica S.
Portland, OR
Review for: Shade 03

One of the best product I have ever used. Easy to use and stays on the face for a long time giving it a natural look. I recommend the product, especially for those who have dilated pores like me, was the only product capable of giving that porcelain effect I am totally impressed with the quality of the product and its coverage. The POREfessional: minimizing pore makeup covers the imperfections without fixing in Pores or clogging them. I recommend with your eyes closed, do what you promise
Jordan G.
Jordan G.
I got this as a sample with purchase at Sephora. I got the second darkest shade (which was still too light for me) and I tried to apply it with both the included sponge and a beauty blender. It was patchy and dried super fast, this also emphasized what little texture my face has. I read some reviews that said it makes a good primer, so I tried to put Maybelline Fit Me on top. By the time I finished blending it all out and started setting, the foundation was already lifting off of my face in little flakes. This product seems to only work for a select few people, which makes me wonder why it was even worth making in the first place. With the poor color choice, patchy application, lack of pore minimizing, and terrible wear time I would say that this is a very hard pass for me.
Lindsey M.
Lindsey M.
San Antonio
I only recently picked his up. I was apprehensive about it because I have a go to primer but alas the Sephora store I was at was out. It feels almost like putty but I think that's why it conceals pores so well. It did a fantastic job standing up to Florida humidity and didn't melt at all. The only con would be how heavy it feels. My normal primer is very lightweight almost like a light moisturizer. This one feels almost like a layer of foundation by itself. Then, once you put foundation and concealer on top of it, it just feels very thick and almost paint like. Other that that, however, it does it's job like it's supposed to.
Jenny D.
Jenny D.
Harrison Twp, MI
First off I am a huge fan of benefit, so I decided to give this pore minimizer a whirl. Its an 8 hour, longwear, with a Mattee finish pore minimizer. Its very light weight, and barley there feel, is wonderful, however I have found that i have to apply a bit more than most maybe would. Just for me personally I am a full coverage gal. The good news is, this is a buildable coverage, so as long as you don't mind doing a little extra work....the payoff is fantastic. All in all pretty good primer.
Amanda M.
Amanda M.
I got a free sample of this from Sephora and I love it. Covers my pores without being heavy. I can't even tell I'm wearing anything. Wouldn't recommend if you want something full coverage but if you just need something light like a bb cream you will love this. Love that it comes with a little sponge at top so no need for extra brushes and tools. I keep the mini one in my bag for touch ups. Not sure if I would buy the full size since $30 for 0.5 oz is quite pricey for it not being a full coverage foundation.
Mary S.
Mary S.
Review for: Shade 03
I love this. I picked it up after seeing Tati do a review on youtube. As someone with super oily skin and big pores I've been searching for something that would last all day and this does. Alone it is pretty light coverage but ontop of a foundation it works perfectly. It keeps me matte all day and my pores looking smaller. It blends really well with any type of base makeup. I'm not really into the little applicator that comes with it and use a cushion sponge instead or a beauty blender.
Jade M.
Jade M.
I love the new water based foundation! I used my beauty blender instead of the sponge it came with. I used 3 drops then layered 2-3 more for a fuller coverage. A little goes a long way. My skin felt instantly Matte and stayed Matte for hours!!! Best for combo/oily skin. To mattifying for dry skin.
Does this product work looking to try it?
Daniela M.
Daniela M.
Quisiera saber si deja la cara grasosa? Lo quiero probar su diseño esta genial
I've heard many great things about this products.is this product worth the price?
anastasia d.
anastasia d.
Does this really work?
Holly J.
Holly J.
Does this actually minimise pores?