Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional: Matte Rescue Invisible-Finish Mattifying Gel Mini

BY BENEFIT COSMETICS

The POREfessional: Matte Rescue Invisible-Finish Mattifying Gel Mini - Your perfectly purse-sized secret weapon to defeat pores & shine.Secret weapon to defeat pores & shine. Matte Rescue's lightweight, water-based gel overpowers shine and absorbs excess surface oil, leaving a natural-looking matte finish. It instantly minimizes pores with diamond powder, known for its soft-focus pore-blurring effect. Skin feels clean, smooth and instantly refreshed. When shine attacks, this mattifying gel comes to the rescue!Results:92% said it mattifies shine instantly*92% said skin feels clean, refreshed*89% said it absorbs excess surface oil instantly* *Consumer panel survey of 66 women over 1 week - The POREfessional: Matte Rescue Invisible-Finish Mattifying Gel Mini see more...

• Anyone have an opinion or has tried the pore fessional by Benefit...2 Answers
  • How well does this work on oily skin and with matifying foundations?2 Answers
  • Can this be used as a primer or should it be applied before primer?2 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Kara N.
Kent, OH
Beauty Junkie Expert
THIS IS NOT A PRIMER!!! And that is why I'm giving it 5 stars! If you use this product per the instructions, it is an actual life saver. This product is a MATTIFYING GEL, not a primer. So after my usual cleansing routine in the morning, I put on my mattifying gel and let it sit for 5-10 minutes and let it COMPLETELY DRY. Then I layer my favorite primer on top of it. It absolutely works wonders and I am blown away by this product. I have oily and temperamental skin, so I never know when my access oil might be a little heavier and try to break up my foundations! This is like my foundation insurance. I've noticed this biggest difference since using this product and am very happy with it! I'd highly recommend it! Just be sure to READ the instructions!!!
Lucy V.
Atkins, AR
Beauty Junkie Expert
This product is one of my favorites to use in my makeup routine. The consistency feels so nice on the skin and if your looking for a primer that has a blur effect this is the go to product. Very inexpensive and high quality product I️ would recommend to EVERYONE. I️ picked mine up at Sephora but I’m sure you can find it at Ulta as well.
Jill C.
Brick, NJ
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have the full size tube of this, not the mini!! I love this primer! I'm oily and sweat easily so I need a primer that helps keep my makeup in place all day long...even in the summer. I found that this works like a dream. It's gel based so it glides on smoothly and absorbs immediately into the skin. You can easily go right into foundation application right after using this primer. It feels very light and made my skin feel a little tighter. I'm not sure if that's due to the mattefying aspect or not but I liked it! Who doesn't want a little lift?! This is one of my favorite primers and I'll switch back and forth from this one to Benefit Pore Rescue primer. I'm a big Benefit fan!
Natalie Y.
Brooklyn, NY
Really love this product for my oily skin! It’s great as a primer or worn alone. I often use this and a bit of concealer, but it’s great under foundation as well. It provides a lovely glow, pore blurring effect and skin instantly looks matte. My moisturizer makes me a bit shiny and this primer completely takes the shine away. I can see the difference very clearly if I apply it on one side of my face, it’s that dramatic. Unfortunately, I can’t say it keeps my oil at bay the whole day, but it’s definately better than au natural. You only need a tiny amount for your whole face, the travel size has lasted me ages.
Sarah H.
Prescott
Beauty Junkie Expert
I was very excited to try this since I've recently become a huge fan of the original Porefessional, but I wound up being rather disappointed. As far as primers go it does a decent job of holding onto my foundation; I've used better and I've used worse. The mattifying claims, which were the reason I wanted to try it in the first place, were greatly overexaggerated. When the product is initially smoothed on it does provide a somewhat more matte finish to my shiny areas, but this effect wears off within a few hours and I'm left looking dewy again. For my money the original Porefessional gives a better and longer-lasting finish.
Hope B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
A very impressive primer! It does minimize the look of my pores. It doesn't cause a weird texture to your face like most primers do. It's a bit pricey but I would rather spend more on a product that works than a cheap product that doesn't. I have combination skin and this didn't make me break out with oily spots or dry spots. I definitely recommend this.
Katherine V.
Las Cruces, NM
Beauty Junkie Expert
I purchased this at Sephora after watching a Refinery 29 video where their beauty editor used this primer because she had oily skin. I am very oily and most products make my foundation look splotchy. This felt great going on and my makeup didn't slide off of my face.
Sierra C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Since I have combination-oily skin, when using primers in immediately drawn to the words pore minimizing and mattifying. This product claims to be a “matte rescue invisible finish gel” but I wouldn’t say it really mattifys at all! The gel like texture leaves my skin feeling more moisturized rather than matte and I don’t notice a difference in my pore size at all. If you’re going to spend your money on a high end Primer I would definitely recommend buying the original POREfessional Primer also from benefit!
Jaile L.
Clinton, AR
Beauty Junkie Expert
I like this primer because it generally does a good job. It doesn't exactly keep me matte all day, but I have long days. It does keep my makeup mostly in place, which I'm very grateful for. I like that it puts a layer between my pores and my makeup, sometimes I put it on top of Maybelline Rice Complex primer if I'm going to have an extremely long and gruelling day. If you have shorter days and maybe of your skin isn't quite as oily as mine of would probably work perfectly.
Tammi M.
Quincy, MA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I got a travel size of this to try out because I thought the gel primer would work better than the original one with my dry skin. I was wrong. This didn't blur my pores nearly as well as the Original porefessional does. I didn't like the texture of the product or how slippery it felt on my skin. It didn't improve the look or longevity of my makeup either, if anything my foundation was a hot mess less than two hours later.
Madison M.
Evansville, IN
Does it clog your pores? Cause I don't want to break out
Anastasia N.
San Jose, CA
Ive have super oily skin especially on my T zone.... How well does this work under makeup? And how long does it last to reduce the oil?
Tisha G.
I have been looking for a good pore coverage primer under my foundation. Other primers doesnt over pores a lot, I break out, and it doesnt help my foundation last all day. I would like to know if this would be a one good?
Samantha H.
Altamonte Spg, FL
Does this product sting at all during application? I have tried some mattifying gels that seem to sting my skin but it could be just me. I use the porefessional primer and I have had no problems with it.
Brooke H.
Morgantown, WV
What is the difference between this and the original POREFessional primer?