BY BENEFIT COSMETICS #38 in Face Primer

Matte rescue instantly minimizes pore appearance. The lightweight, water-based gel overpowers shine and absorbs excess surface oil, leaving a natural-looking matte finish. Skin feels smooth and refreshed. Contains diamond powder known for its soft-focus pore-blurring effect.

• 92% said it mattifies shine instantly
  • 92% said skin feels clean, refreshed
  • 89% said it absorbs excess surface oil instantly

Aqua, Glycerin, Propanediol, Silica, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Fomes Officinalis (Mushroom) Extract, Alcohol, Methyl Trimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Peg-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Parfum, Sodium Hydroxide, Tetrasodium Edta, Sodium Hyaluronate, Limonene, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Diamond Powder, Ci 42090 (Blue 1), Ci 19140 (Yellow 5), Bht, Tocopherol.

• Anyone have an opinion or has tried the pore fessional by...2 Answers
  • How well does this work on oily skin and with matifying f...3 Answers
  • Is this really Matte? How long will it keep you matte? Is...2 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Melissa G.
Kingman, AZ
I was extremely excited to purchase this product because I had heard a lot of good reviews on it. So I decided to purchase it because of the reviews and I tried the product and I'm disappointed in the outcome. This product states that it is supposed to blur your pores and it is supposed to control oil on your skin if you have oily skin. I have very huge pores and I did not notice a difference whatsoever and using this porefessional matte Rescue by benefit. I also noticed that my skin continue to be oily even by using this product and using a translucent powder. I also noticed that when you use this product and put your foundation on and use a translucent powder it seems like the foundation breaks away from your skin. I noticed a lot of blotchiness to my Foundation. I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone but yet again maybe it might work on other skin types better than it did mine.
Lindsay P.
Utica
NOT A FAN OF THIS PRIMER. The 1 star is for how it felt on my face. It is soft and smooth feeling but...... as I applied my Make up Forever mat velvet foundation with a sponge it looked caked and streaky. I thought maybe it was the combination of my face moisturizer and the primer so I tried again....I washed my face, skipped the moisturizer and applied the primer. I allowed it to dry for 10 minutes and then began to apply my foundation with my sponge.. Low and behold it was again caked and streaked. So I decided to wash my face yet again, applied primer, waited to dry and used a foundation brush instead. SAME RESULTS. Well maybe it’s the foundation🧐? I’m not a quitter..Repeated face washing, applied primer, and then i tried my Tarte shape tape, I used a sponge on one cheek, my brush on the opposite cheek and my hands on my forehead. NO CHANGE. Made my face cakey and smeared. In the garbage that primer went. Thank goodness I only purchased 0.50 fl. oz.
Mackenzie S.
Plymoith
I purchased this product because I was in love with the porefessional primer. From what I read, you are supposed to apply this product as a last step in your facial routine; so it's like a primer to a primer. I dolike the way it feels on the skin. It's not as heavy feeling as the porefessional primer. It is actually very lightweight on the skin and makes my face instantly feel soft, supple and shine free. The mattifying effect is instant. However, I don't think this lasts throughout the day. I feel like my makeup looks the same If I use this product or if I don't. I do have normal to dry skin though so maybe if I was more on the oily side it would be a different story. I would not repurchase just for that reason.
Linda C.
Norwalk, CA
I originally bought this because I have a super oily Tzone and I was already in love with the original PoreFessional.
The texture is a gel like which is suppose to set matte.
I dont think it does anything for my pores and the matte part does not last me long at all. I feel the first couple days it did good but after it was a waste. Won't be buying this again. Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional: Matte Rescue Gel
Olesiya D.
I purchased the mini version to try out and just recently bought the full size because this stuff is amazing. You really need a small amount. It doesn’t feel like silicone which I love. It really just feels like a gel. I did notice that my makeup dries faster with this primer so I would work in sections. It keeps me matte for around 6 hours and then my oils start coming through but it’s not bad at all. Just looks like that fresh, naturally glowing skin look. This primer lasts me about 10-12 hours before my makeup starts to look worn and oily! Definitely worth it.
Stacy I.
Chesterfield
 I have super oily skin and I wanted something matte and not sticky for this hot, humid weather.  The girl at Ulta raved about this so I thought I would give it a try.  It's a nice gel consistency, kind of cooling and refreshing and it did dry down to a matte finish, but it did absolutely nothing to keep my oil at bay.  Within 2 hours I was shiny with oil breaking through.  And it didn't do anything to help minimize my pores as far as I can tell.  I know a lot of people love this primer but it just didn't work for me.
Julio C.
Riverside, CA
After two weeks of using this product, I’ve come to the realization: HOLY SH*T, THIS THING IS AMAZING!!! If you struggle with even remotely oily skin, this will definitely help keep your oils at bay for 8+ hours. Upon application, the gel leaves you looking a beautiful matte, and your pores are definitely minimized and blurred. Although you can most definitely use this as a primer on its own, I would still recommend using a primer over top. This doesn’t leave that tacky feeling to the skin that you look for in a primer to help with the foundation. I didn’t have a single issue using this along with other of my primers. In fact, I found this actually enhanced the performance of my other primers. I absolutely love using this with a little bit of my NYX Angel Veil - Skin Perfecting Primer over top. I feel like I’m using a high end luxury product and my makeup performs beautifully over top and stays put 10+ plus. Overall, if you’re looking for a product to help control oily skin while enhancing the products you already own, this will absolutely not disappoint.
Yaretsy P.
Austin
This was the 1st time I purchased the Matte POREfessional primer. Normally I use the original version & absolutely love it but I do have oilier skin so for obvious reasons i decided to try out the matte primer. I was really excited to try this out & loved the new packaging. Upon trying it out, right away you notice it's nothing like the original. The color is bluish clear & gel like but less sticky, unlike the original that's super silky with a beige color. I liked how the matte had an almost cooling effect when applied & how shine\oil disappears instantly, but I felt you had to use more product than the original.
Vicki P.
Sugar Land, TX
I have fairly large pores with combination skin mostly getting oily in the t-zone, and random dry patches around my nose and cheeks. I use the benefit porefessional and I thought that was good, but I would still get very shiny on my forehead during the day. I used this along with my smashbox B.B. water which is on the dewier side. It helped mattify the foundation to a sort of light satin finish and filled in my pores and didn’t accentuate my dry spots or dry them out further. Love this stuff.
Odette H.
I decided to try this product because I had heard good things about it, but it didn’t do what it’s supposed to do. I did not notice it do anything to my pores. My makeup looked the same with or without it. I tried it in different amounts, and I tried it in only certain spots on my face. I could not make it work out. I would not recommend this product. All this product did was make my face feel hydrated, but that’s not what I bought the product for.
Madison M.
Evansville, IN
Does it clog your pores? Cause I don't want to break out
Tisha G.
I have been looking for a good pore coverage primer under my foundation. Other primers doesnt over pores a lot, I break out, and it doesnt help my foundation last all day. I would like to know if this would be a one good?
Anastasia N.
San Jose, CA
Ive have super oily skin especially on my T zone.... How well does this work under makeup? And how long does it last to reduce the oil?
P l.
Woodside, NY
I have a very oily skin. Can anyone tell me if its a good product for an oily skin?
Yahaira C.
San Antonio , TX
I have oily skin & can't seem to find a good primer? Would any of you ladies recommend this for oily skin type ?