Lindsey R.
Lindsey R.
San Diego , CA
Is this like a primer? Because I have one of the smashbox primers but i really want to try this :)
Anastasia L.
Anastasia L.
3 weeks, 3 days ago
This is a definite go to primer for me!
larissa h.
larissa h.
4 months ago
Yes, very good
AMAL M.
AMAL M.
CASABLANCA
5 months, 3 weeks ago
yes you should try it is awesome product
Adelyn B.
Adelyn B.
Raleigh, NC
7 months, 3 weeks ago
I use this as a primer and it's my absolute favorite! My skin feels like velvet yet the product is so light that it's so easy to forget that it is even there! My makeup goes on flawlessly and stays that way.
Adriana A.
Adriana A.
8 months ago
It can be use as primer as well. Great product highly recommended. Some stores sell trial sizes so you can see if it fits your needs. I particular use it and I love it.
MicKayla O.
MicKayla O.
Dubuque, IA
8 months, 1 week ago
Yes it works as a primer! I love this so much! I have really big pore and it does an amazing job at filling my pores and smoothing my skin out! I would suggest using it i
Anabelle V.
Anabelle V.
8 months, 3 weeks ago
Yes it will work great for a primer if wanted ! It makes your skin feel great with the matte finish.
Marjorica D.
Marjorica D.
Mount Bethel, PA
9 months, 4 weeks ago
Yes it works great with the benefit matte rescue to reduce the look of pores and leave skin smooth and flawless before foundation. I recommendon't using the two together for oily skin and large stubborn pores. I think it is similar to the finish of the smash box primer.
Lauren R.
Lauren R.
1 year, 3 months ago
I use this as a primer along with my Laura Mercier Foundation Primer in Radiance. It smooths over my skin so easily and leaves it feeling matte and prepped for my foundation. I love it! A little goes a long way I still have my sample from Sephora!
Cathi L.
Cathi L.
Bethlehem, PA
4 years, 6 months ago
It is a primer. I find the finish very similar to Smashbox's Photo Ready but it is tinted. I think you would like it if you like Smashbox.
V I.
V I.
4 years, 7 months ago
Yes, it is. I use it as a primer -- best primer I've ever had. ;P
Carly B.
Carly B.
Quincy, MA
4 years, 10 months ago
Yes, it is a primer with a little tint to it. It provides a "flawless" surface to apply your foundation on.
Boni L.
Boni L.
Berlin, MA
4 years, 10 months ago
I have tried nearly all of the smash box primers and this one I think is better than all of them! I got it as a sample and completely fell in love!
Autumn V.
Autumn V.
Olympia, WA
4 years, 11 months ago
You can definitely use this as a primer, and it will work just fine, but I feel as if there are products out there that will do a much better job of priming your face for makeup while generally smoothing everything out. This product is best used as a specialty for your large, visible pores. Instead of smoothing this all over your face, I recommend tapping this into your problem areas that have large pores such as the cheeks and nose. (use it like you're pushing the product into the pore, it won't clog, I promise).
Melinda W.
Melinda W.
Lakewood, CO
4 years, 11 months ago
I don't use this as a Primer. I just use it in the areas that I have large pores.
Nara K.
Nara K.
4 years, 11 months ago
It's a primer in the sense that it goes on before foundation/make-up and it helps fill in pores and mattify the skin, but it's not as effective because it's very targeted and isn't as effective in helping make-up last longer. If you have very oily skin, especially, you may want to only use this on your T-zone for the pores and use something else on other parts of your face to help make-up "stick" better and last longer.
Danielle S.
Danielle S.
4 years, 11 months ago
I haven't used the Smashbox primer, but this *IS* a primer. It's my favorite one that I've ever tried.
Chantal W.
Chantal W.
4 years, 11 months ago
Yes just like it works great
Bobbie S.
Bobbie S.
Spokane, WA
4 years, 11 months ago
This is an amazing primer! I used to use the green Smashbox primer and I prefer Porefessional over the Smashbox green primer. Give this a shot, I am sure that you will love it
Lindsey S.
Lindsey S.
Parksley, VA
4 years, 11 months ago
I use this priduct as a primer. Then i use my foudation over top. I love the way it works and it doesn't leave my face feeling greasy.
LaToya F.
LaToya F.
4 years, 11 months ago
Yes, this can be used as a primer!
Christine T.
Christine T.
Staten Island, NY
4 years, 11 months ago
Yuppp. it fills in the smallest pores and smooths out imperfections - its a must have
Kalei L.
Kalei L.
4 years, 11 months ago
Yes. It is a primer. It's a really good one that keeps your face looking perfect all day! I've gone 8 hours without any issues! (:
Jasmine M.
Jasmine M.
Stoney Creek, Ontario
4 years, 11 months ago
Yes, but you can also wear this on its own just to smooth your skin and fill in pores. I recommend getting a sample of this at Sephora before you buy it, just to see if you like it. :)
Erika S.
Erika S.
Chula Vista , CA
4 years, 11 months ago
Yes it is a primer and I like it more thank the smashbox for my skin type. If you go to Sephora they can give you a sample.
Cheryl T.
Cheryl T.
Seattle, WA
4 years, 11 months ago
Yes, this is a primer. If you want to also try a cheaper version, check out the Monistat Anti Chafing Gel (weird, I know.) It's main ingredient is silicone, which is in primers so it does the same thing and only costs around $3. Google it :) Its a beauty secret.
Emily C.
Emily C.
4 years, 11 months ago
You can use it as a primer (before makeup), or dot a tiny bit on after makeup to reduce shine.
Beth H.
Beth H.
Pacific, MO
4 years, 11 months ago
Yes, this is a primer. as such, it's just a matter of which you prefer. this is a bit thicker than the smashbox primers, so it's a bit better at reducing/minimizing pores. some makeup artists have suggested using something like smashbox photofinish on most of your face, but using the porefessional on the areas with larger pores such as nose.
Chelsea F.
Chelsea F.
Vancouver, WA
4 years, 11 months ago
I was deciding between this and a smashbox primer and what i LOVE about this one is that it really does help larger pores AND because of that on light makeup days this allows me to put on less but still feel i have a good coverage. Try this first.
Rachel A.
Rachel A.
New haven, CT
4 years, 11 months ago
This is exactly like a primer. I have used the smash box primer and I really liked it. Fresh also makes a fantastic, all natural primer that I love.