BY BENEFIT COSMETICS #2 in Face Primer

Quickly minimize the appearance of pores & fine lines for smoother-than-smooth skin! Apply this silky, lightweight balm alone, under or over makeup. The translucent formula contains a vitamin E derivative known to protect skin from free radicals.

• Oil-free
  • Complements all skintones
  • Helps makeup stay put

Ingredients: CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, SILICA, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, ISODODECANE, PHENOXYETHANOL, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), MICA, IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), LIMONENE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), IRON OXIDES (CI 77499), TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, BHT. N¬∞ 04932/N

• I have been looking for something like this! In your opinion, is it...8 Answers
  • Do you think this product is worth the price?158 Answers
  • And is it worth the price?1 Answers
Reviews (19850)
Buy on Sephora*
  • "Yes it's great for large pores but it can flake off and after I've applied foundation, concealer, highlighter etc the product has disappeared and my pores are at bay again." in 123 reviews
  • "I have large pores my self and dry to oily skin with tha being said it has been one of the products to go to when it comes down to pore minimizes before make up ." in 114 reviews
  • "I have received some samples from Sephora and I can personally say that this product really works and a little goes a long way." in 74 reviews
  • "I used this product one time and one time only, it sunk into my pores and made my skin look like it was flaking off... no watt will I ever try this again!" in 65 reviews
  • "A little goes a long way; the product applies almost like silk on my face with a nice, light scent; I can notice immediately my pore size shrink." in 57 reviews
Megan B.
Megan B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have tested every pore primer out there that I can think of. The Maybelline one for me did not work. There are a few high and primers that are more expensive than this one that really didn't have that good of results either. If you have very large pores in a lot of pores on your face you're going to have your make up absorbed by your pores no matter what no matter what primer you use. However, after I saw tutorial by the make up geek how to make your dry skin looked good and she is this primer I decided to give it another try because I wasn't that impressed with it initially. When I had first try this as well I would put a primer on with my fingertips only. I've learned that if you have a beauty blender to go ahead and blot it into your skin not just rub it in. If you apply it with a beauty blender it's going pack it into the pores more. With this technique I tried a few other cheaper and more expensive pore primers and I found that I've had the best results with this one. I feel like this primer doesn't break down your make up I feel like some for primers break down your make up after a couple of hours. I still feel like some of the pore primers ( especially the medicated ones) actually lead to dry skin. I feel as if this one does not dry out my skin. It holds my make up last longer. And it actually works. I still get some make up getting sucked into my pores but it's not the primers fall I just have really huge po I feel as if this one does not dry out my skin. It holds my make up last longer. And it actually works. I still get some make up getting sucked into my pores but it's not the primers fall I just have really huge pores. However, I was impressed enough with the results that I went out and purchased Full size box which I normally never do with primers.
Yagnanira R.
Yagnanira R.
Doral, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
Not only does the item come within really cute packaging, the consistency of this product was beyond amazing. This product comes out in a natural tan type color but once smoothd onto the skin, instantly turns into a clear color where you don't even notice you had put anything onto your skin. While applying, I absolutely fell in love with how light and airy the product had felt. It was like putting light, fluffy, and airy mousse and/or whipped cream on the face which was something I greatly appreciated about this product. With normal face primers/pore erasers, they tend to become sticky and this one left my skin felt quite smooth and supple.The application was incredibly smooth. And much to my surprise, I didn't have any areas of uneven application that needed extra blending. I usually have to spend a bit of extra attention blending near my nose. Perfect application. That was impressive.But I always hold on to my skepticism. I work 12-15 hour shifts on an ambulance. And it's summer in Vegas. Possibly the most heinous conditions for makeup. By the end of my shift, I came home and scrutinized.
Maddyson S.
Maddyson S.
Killeen, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Okay first off I've been DYING to get my hands on this just because I've seen so many makeup artists raving about it. So I held my breath and bought it. Let me just say... I'm so disappointed. My skin is pretty dry. So when I applied it I felt like my skin just dried it out and I had to use a ton of the product to see any difference whatsoever. Then when I finished my makeup and looked to see if it helped at all with the overall appearance it looked the same as any other time I've done my makeup. I felt like there was no difference at all.
I tried to stay positive and use it a couple of times because I thought maybe I just need to keep trying and I'll eventually notice a difference. Nope. It still wasn't doing anything for me. Plus it had such an odd smell. I'm sure some people think it smells nice but to me it was not pleasing.. It was a nice smooth product but I ended up just giving it to a friend. Not what I was hoping for. On a brighter note the packaging was cute. Just not worth the money.
Erica J.
Erica J.
Houlka, MS
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love POREfessional. I have very oily skin. It is a working oil factory in the summer time. POREfessional mattes my skin very well. I barely produce any oil all day long therefore for the first time in a long time, my makeup isn't washed off my face after a few hours of wear. With this primer, my makeup stays on all day. I haven't found anything to beat it yet. I hate the cost but it's worth it because I am spending less money on makeup because I'm not reapplying it three times a day, therefore it lasts longer! Couldn't be happier with the results. I do however wish a little goes a long way. This product is expensive and it takes quite a bit to cover my entire face. It's not spreadable, I guess you can say. The directions recommend using a brush to apply and I do find that better than using my fingers. I do use less using a brush. Fingers will soak up the primer along with your face. A brush is better.
Katie R.
Katie R.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is my HOLY GRAIL primer! I LOVE IT! I have big, noticeable pores on my nose and around my nose. It's always been something I have been aware of, and as I've gotten older I have found that I seek out products to help me mask them in a healthy way. The problem is I also have combination skin, so some primers go on smoothly but cause me to break out the very next day. This product does not do that at all to my skin. Instead, what I get when using this product is I get a flawless complexion! It's seriously a miracle worker. When used correctly, it keeps my pores covered for the entire work day. I usually apply it with just my fingers, but I'm sure there are more adequate ways to apply it. I don't regularly buy high-end makeup products (usually only when I have a gift card) but this is something that I will regularly purchase from here on out. AMAZING product!
Stacy C.
Stacy C.
Los Angeles, CA
When using this product, a little bit goes a very long way. I tap a pea sized dollop down through my t-zone, the lines around my mouth, and the spots on my cheeks right beside my nose where there are enlarged pores. I tap the product in with my fingers. My complexion is instantly smooth in spots where there was previously serious texture. Foundation sits well on top and does not separate. Sometimes I use a moisturizing primer around the perimeter of my face and where I didn't use POREfessional.

HOWEVER, I had to knock a star down for the price, there is another primer I've found from Ariatum (Korean brand) that is exactly like Benefit's Porefessional and costs $12.47 (from Amazon) for 0.9 oz which is more than Benefit's 0.75 oz. I prefer Ariatum Pore Master Sebum Control Primer and I would recommend anyone who likes Benefit's Porefessional to give it a try.
Esmeralda R.
Esmeralda R.
Fallbrook
First I want to say that I love this product. I purchased it at Sephora and fell in love with it. I used it daily and loved the smell and how great it made my makeup look. I gave my friend a sample of mine and she liked it as well so she decided to order it. I later ask her how she liked the product and she said it made her greasy so she stopped using it. When my tube ran out she offered up hers. Needless to say,I was happy because I got a free tube of porefessional. When I went to apply the product she bought on here it was a disaster!!!!! Thick, goopy, stinky product that was no where near the product I had been using!!!! This product is amazing if its not a rip off imposter that is sold here!!! ...no wonder she gave it to me!!!! Save yourself the time and money buy from sephora or other reputable places!
Emma J.
Emma J.
Elmhurst, IL
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is my favorite primer and leaves my skin so soft. One tube will last you so long, I had mine for over 8 months and just last week officially ran out. I love this product so much I actually cut the tube open to get every last drop out. I just apply this with my fingers and let it sit for a few minutes before I apply my foundation and concealer. It masks my pores and gives my skin an even surface for a nice makeup application. I even use it as an eyelid primer. For me, this product is definitely worth the money. I've tried numerous products marketed for oily skin, and honestly this one works better than any of those. When I use this primer I'm less oily then when I use a "matte" primer or no primer at all. This is my holy grail primer, and I think it's definitely worth the price.
Brittany M.
Brittany M.
Washington, GA
I can't say that I feel like this product is worth the price tag. While it smells FANTASTIC that is pretty much the only thing I liked about the product. It goes on nicely and dries quickly. But it did nothing to disguise my pores. I don't have large pores, just a few around my nose I was trying to cover up. And this product just didn't perform to the standard that I would expect a benefit product to perform. Especially a product that goes by the name of "POREfessional"

It doesn't improve the longevity of either my drug store or high end foundation. Actually it seemed to keep my foundation from completely setting, because I noticed a lot of transfer from my foundation that would not have typically happened with my DRUGSTORE primers. Not worth the price, in my opinion.
Deanna J.
Deanna J.
Youngstown, OH
Beauty Junkie Expert
This was one of the sample items in my Ipsy bag as well as a one-use sample i received while shopping at Sephora. Didn't really know what it was but decided to give it a whirl for a work Christmas party. Oh my goodness. I was actually amazed that it does what it says (to an extent). I don't ginormous pores but I have some "overly-sized" ones on my cheeks near my nose. I used this on my T-zone and cheeks area and it really smoothed my pore-complexion over well. It didn't do a perfect job on the bigger pores near my nose, but it did well on the regular-sized ones in other areas. I used this under my primer and foundation, and it really brought out the best in my foundation! I'd definitely recommend at least giving it a try.
Blanca C.
Blanca C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Do you think this product is worth the price?
Jennifer L.
Jennifer L.
pasadena, CA
We all have a way to apply this, so I'd love to hear what are some of the ways?
Serena Y.
Serena Y.
San Francisco, CA
Is this worth buying? Price seems a bit too high for an itty bitty primer bottle.
Lynn S.
Lynn S.
How does this primer perform on oily skin?
Lindsey R.
Lindsey R.
San Diego , CA
Is this like a primer? Because I have one of the smashbox primers but i really want to try this :)