Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Face PrimerInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY BENEFIT COSMETICS #4 in Face Primer

Quickly minimize the appearance of pores & fine lines for smoother-than-smooth skin! Apply this silky, lightweight balm alone, under or over makeup. The translucent formula contains a vitamin E derivative known to protect skin from free radicals.

• Oil-free
  • Complements all skintones
  • Helps makeup stay put

Awards:

• #1 best-selling Prestige Face Primer in the US
  • #1 best-selling Prestige Face Primer in the US for 3 years

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Silica, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isododecane, Phenoxyethanol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Cyclohexasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance (Parfum), Mica, Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Limonene, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Bht.

Buy on Sephora*
  • "i got the small one and it's great. i have oily/combo skin and it works for the large pores on my cheeks near my nose, sort of. it erases most pores but some i guess are too big to fill completely and my nose pores still show as well.. other than that, it's great and goes on fantastic, it's a light shade and good overall. " in 5458 reviews
  • "I have received some samples from Sephora and I can personally say that this product really works and a little goes a long way." in 74 reviews
  • "I used this product one time and one time only, it sunk into my pores and made my skin look like it was flaking off... no watt will I ever try this again!" in 65 reviews
  • "A little goes a long way; the product applies almost like silk on my face with a nice, light scent; I can notice immediately my pore size shrink." in 57 reviews
  • "I have been putting this as something to try but haven't gotten around to it and am super excited that I now have a sample size to try before splurging on a full size!" in 46 reviews
kim a.
Batavia, IL
My skin has some enlarged pores, and I have heard wonderful things about this primer, so I decided to give it a try. First of all, the price. This primer is outrageously priced in my opinion. I bought the mini tube for $12 and it lasted about a month or so after daily usage. That being said, this primer did reduce the appearance of pores on my nose and forehead. My foundation, concealer and other products layered as normal. It did smooth out my skin for a while, however I kept breaking out wherever I used this on my skin. I'm not sure if that is because of an ingredient, or that it just clogged up my pores. This would be a good product for someone who has very large pores that need that silicone filling, but I'd be careful not to clog your pores. It mattifies oily skin and smooths skin tone and texture-a major plus. I didn't notice much of a difference to the rest of my makeup when applied over it-it didn't shock me with anything in particular. Overall, I have given this product a 3/5 because there are similar products that do the same function just as well or even better for a fraction of the cost. I have used the Maybelinne Baby Skin primer and it is practically identical in ingredients and function. My skin never broke out after using the Baby Skin primer. For me, it wasn't worth the extra money for a very similar product that I can get much cheaper at the drugstore.
Megan M.
Oak Ridge
I don't love this product nor do I understand the massive following it has. I'd use benefit matte rescue gel over this (and do sometimes) and there are way better pore specific primers available (my favorite is Too Faced Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer ) first of all, I always feel like I have put too much on no matter how little I use. My face feels greasy and it becomes a battle trying to remove excess or maybe it just feels that way anyways, in which case that's gross and no wonder I can't like it. I don't see that it does anything to visiably blur/ diminish my pores, like too faces poreless does or Maybelline baby skin does. My concerns are visibly seeing my foundation sit in my pores and I need my primer to make sure that doesn't happen. It does do a good general job of imperfections blur and my skin appears even and smooth...except I can see the pores by my nose and on my forehead. So yes I know this is everyone's favorite pore primer (I know this because I receive a sample of this in packages ordered online or subscription service or Everytime I order from poshmart person it seems). It gets 3 stars because my best friend swears by it (she gets all my porefessional samples gifted to her) and she says I'm too hard on it. It works for her. It doesn't work for me for whatever reason. Although the Pearl porefessional and I have better luck...
Mackenzie S.
Plymouth
I've read the numerous reviews about this product but I still held out and didn't purchase it. Recently it came in one of my beauty subscription sample bags and OH MY GOD was I impressed. There aren't too many products out there that REALLY blow my socks off like this one did. For starters, the formula is so soft it is like butter ( I know that might be an odd reference since we are talking about applying this on our face, but it is the closest thing I can relate it to). This product claims to be a smoothing face primer and I would say it does exactly that. My makeup went on flawlessly, my pores were minimized and overall, the finish was just perfect.

I didn't think a primer could be so amazing, but this one is! It has met and exceeded all of my expectations of what a primer should do. I have normal to dry skin and this primer worked great for me. I highly recommend you try this primer if you haven't yet ! You won't be disappointed!
Kat A.
Long Island, NY
I love this primer! Its a creamy thick texture but once applied it smoothens out and is very lightweight. It definitely does what it claims, fills in your pores and smooths your skin for foundation application! I notice that sometimes when my skins very dry it has a tendency to peel off but if I see that happening I just wash it off and apply moisturizer then go in with the primer again-bc I do have dry/combo skin so I don’t think that happens due to the primer only. When I do use moisturizer first and apply the primer I see a huge difference. My skin looks great and poreless which I love and my makeup stays that way all day. You can even just put on the primer and go about ur day if you just want your skin to look even, smooth and poreless. It is highend but I would say your getting what you pay for with this product! Awesome! Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Face Primer
Ashley R.
Phoenix, AZ
I bought this during the 21 days of Ulta. I thought I liked my smashbox primer and my face blue by etude house but this seriously takes the cake when I want to feel beautiful with caked on makeup and not looking cakey. This makes my skin feel lightweight even with foundation, color corrector, concealer, and setting powder lol. This product is great for people who have a little bit larger pores. I have used this for several days now and has become an instant favorite. It smells a little siliconey but goes away super fast. I recommend this to anyone who wants to try a new primer. Also as a bonus, I'd like to compliment the amazing packaging benefit has EVERY SINGLE RELEASE I LOVE IT.
Tiffany T.
Minford, OH
I have tried many different primers that claim to be poor perfecting, and while some of them did work, none of them are up to par with the porefessional! It has a texture unlike any other primer that I ever seen. It's almost gritty two the point that it fills in every little pore on my face, without making my face slippery or difficult to apply foundation on. I love that it is tinted because I feel that that really steps up the blurring effect and just create a solid Flawless canvas to apply my makeup on. It requires such a small amount of product that will last for a long time, making the price point totally worth it. I have large pores in my Tea Zone, especially along my apples of my cheeks, and have searched high and low to find a product that would minimize the appearance. I think it's safe to say that I won't find a product that works better than the porefessional! While it doesn't minimize them 100%, it's really close. I think that it just feels so good on the skin, almost like a skin care product. This truly is an innovative product that does what it claims to do, and I highly recommend this to anyone struggling with large pores showing through their makeup.
Lisa B.
I think this primer could be good if a lot more came in this pricey little tube in my opinion. For me, I go way less than I would with a primer because you could go through a quarter of tube in one real official priming session, so I’ve never given it a fair shot. I do know it works great for little fine lines, such as around the lips. Apply prior to lip products. As a face primer, it seems to have to set too long on me. They also have the illuminating one in which I bought the small trial size to try for just some fine lines around the lips and add a “little” highlight to the lip, Cupid’s bow. Yet, I still pick this baby up as a sample, go figure. I certainly don’t hate it😁. It’s a great “little” touch up but I wouldn’t purchase full size again. There are now too many other great ones out there. Try Dr. Brandt pores no more® pore refiner primerfor pores no more, similar yet even better consistency, a little goes a long way. It’s really good and really helps cover those pores in a matte blurring finish. I bought it after receiving a sample that was in my Playbox I believe. I was impressed. It’s takes a lot for me to order full size after testing a primer only one time. There’s a tinted one too👍🏼
Roxanne O.
This Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Face Primer is great! It reduced my pores and it held my makeup on, so it does the job. It applies smoothly and it was powdery /airy, it didn’t leave me with a sticky heavy feeling after I used it either.

It has a great faint citrusy smell, and the primer itself didn’t feel Cakey.

I would definitely retry this in a larger size (trial size?) before buying it full sized, just because this one time use sample was cool but the true test of a product sometimes depends on multiple uses. So at this moment I couldn’t say I’d buy it over my smashbox primer (I’m pretty loyal to the primerizer) , butttt I would use my Sephora insider points to retry it in a larger trial size.
tori s.
I have quite large pores on my cheeks where foundation tends to exaggerate them, which I hate. I like this primer because it fills my pores and makes my skin feel baby soft, however I do not use it often because I noticed it clogged by pores the more often I would use it. The product goes into your pores and when you wipe and wash off your makeup, it doesn't exactly get it all out. The product sits in your skin and builds up and creates breakouts. Another factor is that it does not have SPF. I do not consider this "primer" to be a legit primer, yet more of a pore filler. Although it does the job of filling your pores and provides a smoother look to your skin, your skin will eventually be bumpy due to the break outs it will cause to some. People who have larger pores tend to break more which is why this product isn't the best for them.
Anne R.
This primer is amazing! I bought this because of how much everyone raves about it and I’m so glad I did. Whenever I apply this primer I put it where my pores are really noticeable, like under my eyes and around my nose. I like to pair this with my KORRES Greek Yoghurt Smoothie Priming Moisturiser all over the face. This primer really smooths my base where the pores sit, preparing it for makeup. I have large pores so I will day this doesn’t completely erase them, but it does make a difference. I love how smooth this product feels on my face and it smell as AMAZING! You really get a lot of product in the packaging as well, so I think the price is totally worth it. A little bit goes a long way as well, so you won’t be running out of this quickly. This primer definitely lives up to the hype! Go and try this!
Blanca C.
Do you think this product is worth the price?
Jennifer L.
Pasadena, CA
We all have a way to apply this, so I'd love to hear what are some of the ways?
Serena Y.
San Francisco, CA
Is this worth buying? Price seems a bit too high for an itty bitty primer bottle.
Lynn S.
How does this primer perform on oily skin?
Lindsey R.
San Diego, CA
Is this like a primer? Because I have one of the smashbox primers but i really want to try this :)