BY BENEFIT COSMETICS #3 in Face Primer

Quickly minimize the appearance of pores & fine lines for smoother-than-smooth skin! Apply this silky, lightweight balm alone, under or over makeup. The translucent formula contains a vitamin E derivative known to protect skin from free radicals.

• Oil-free
  • Complements all skintones
  • Helps makeup stay put

Awards:

• #1 best-selling Prestige Face Primer in the US
  • #1 best-selling Prestige Face Primer in the US for 3 years

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Silica, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isododecane, Phenoxyethanol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Cyclohexasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance (Parfum), Mica, Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Limonene, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Bht.

• I have been looking for something like this! In your opin...15 Answers
  • Do you think this product is worth the price?186 Answers
  • What skin tone do you think this would not look good on? ...1 Answers
Q&A (2069)
  • "i got the small one and it's great. i have oily/combo skin and it works for the large pores on my cheeks near my nose, sort of. it erases most pores but some i guess are too big to fill completely and my nose pores still show as well.. other than that, it's great and goes on fantastic, it's a light shade and good overall. " in 5458 reviews
  • "I have received some samples from Sephora and I can personally say that this product really works and a little goes a long way." in 74 reviews
  • "I used this product one time and one time only, it sunk into my pores and made my skin look like it was flaking off... no watt will I ever try this again!" in 65 reviews
  • "A little goes a long way; the product applies almost like silk on my face with a nice, light scent; I can notice immediately my pore size shrink." in 57 reviews
  • "I have been putting this as something to try but haven't gotten around to it and am super excited that I now have a sample size to try before splurging on a full size!" in 46 reviews
Sam E.
As someone whose skin usually cooperates, I sometimes find primer to be an unnecessary step, so I decided to try a bunch of different brands to see if anything really stood out as an amazing improvement. The primers I tried were this one, smashbox photo finish primer, too faced hangover primer, urban decay optical illusion primer, and julep blank canvas primer.

The first thing I'll say is that I had no obvious favorite. Like I said, my skin doesn't usually need a lot of product to begin with. Like all the others, POREfessional did the job of primer, not any better or worse than many other primers on the market. That being said, there were a lot of things about this primer that I liked that many of the other ones didn't have.

First, I liked that it was tinted instead of being white or clear. It feels less like just another cream I was putting on my face, and instead felt like a cosmetic product. The light tint actually made me feel like if I wanted to wear no makeup, I could just put this on and be done with it.

Second, I liked the texture. A lot of the other primers felt very greasy in my hands after I had applied it to my face, I remember when using smashbox photo finish I actually had a hard time getting the cap off my eyeliner because my hands were so slippery with all the leftover stuff on my hands. This formula felt very light and didn't feel like it left any residue on my hands, which I really liked.
Taiba P.
Ashburn
As someone who loves skincare and makeup and lotions and magic potions to get a smooth skin (haha) I am always on the lookout for products that work. I was skeptical about buying benefit product (I used  to use them all the time when I had acne and it did not help- maybe coz my acne was so severe that it didn't matter what I used - SIGH). I decided to buy travel version; excited to use it I took off my makeup and started fresh (yes I am an addict!) First thing I noticed was the texture was very smooth and velvety- Not heavy at all. Once I applied I thought eh? my skin still looks same- only slight difference. I then searched for the best method to apply this primer. you need to dab on and then use circular motions to really get the results. Once you apply your foundations- which BTW goes on so smooth you are left with a very smooth looking skin. It does blur out pores- trust me I have lots of them and the size of them is incredible lol. To make things even better- I didnt have to use alot- so that little travel size lasted me a while. Highly recommend product. Go on give it a go you wont regret using it :)
kim a.
Batavia, IL
My skin has some enlarged pores, and I have heard wonderful things about this primer, so I decided to give it a try. First of all, the price. This primer is outrageously priced in my opinion. I bought the mini tube for $12 and it lasted about a month or so after daily usage. That being said, this primer did reduce the appearance of pores on my nose and forehead. My foundation, concealer and other products layered as normal. It did smooth out my skin for a while, however I kept breaking out wherever I used this on my skin. I'm not sure if that is because of an ingredient, or that it just clogged up my pores. This would be a good product for someone who has very large pores that need that silicone filling, but I'd be careful not to clog your pores. It mattifies oily skin and smooths skin tone and texture-a major plus. I didn't notice much of a difference to the rest of my makeup when applied over it-it didn't shock me with anything in particular. Overall, I have given this product a 3/5 because there are similar products that do the same function just as well or even better for a fraction of the cost. I have used the Maybelinne Baby Skin primer and it is practically identical in ingredients and function. My skin never broke out after using the Baby Skin primer. For me, it wasn't worth the extra money for a very similar product that I can get much cheaper at the drugstore.
Rhonda M.
Ulta has 21 days of saving and although I told myself I wasn’t going to buy anything else I lied. I wanted to try this primer for awhile now so I invested in the mini size. After using the discount and my reward points I got this for $1.10. I was super excited to try it especially at this price
point. I have been a huge fan of smash box primers since they came out and it’s hard for me to really try others. The primer is translucent with an “ oil free formula” that compliments all skin types. They say it can be used under or over makeup. The sample primer came with a diagram instructing me where to apply the primer. That was a first for me I have never had a diagram before. The primer has a really weird like texture to it. I didn’t expect it at first and it took some getting use to. It’s kinda like a paste but it’s really smooth. It has a tint to it as well. It blends out beautifully and just the smallest of amounts can really cover most of your face. The tint that you originally see totally blends completely to the translucent. It allows all of my favorites to sit right on top of it and it holds everything in place. I do believe it helped with not seeing the pores on my face. It seems like I will get so much use out of this small mini size because I’ve used it for five consecutive days now and you can’t even tell I’ve barely made a dent in it at all. I have combination skin and I have to say I really do enjoy this primer. I’ll continue to use it and see how it does. It has been amazing so far.
Kat A.
Long Island, NY
I love this primer! Its a creamy thick texture but once applied it smoothens out and is very lightweight. It definitely does what it claims, fills in your pores and smooths your skin for foundation application! I notice that sometimes when my skins very dry it has a tendency to peel off but if I see that happening I just wash it off and apply moisturizer then go in with the primer again-bc I do have dry/combo skin so I don’t think that happens due to the primer only. When I do use moisturizer first and apply the primer I see a huge difference. My skin looks great and poreless which I love and my makeup stays that way all day. You can even just put on the primer and go about ur day if you just want your skin to look even, smooth and poreless. It is highend but I would say your getting what you pay for with this product! Awesome! Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Face Primer
Ashley R.
Phoenix, AZ
I bought this during the 21 days of Ulta. I thought I liked my smashbox primer and my face blue by etude house but this seriously takes the cake when I want to feel beautiful with caked on makeup and not looking cakey. This makes my skin feel lightweight even with foundation, color corrector, concealer, and setting powder lol. This product is great for people who have a little bit larger pores. I have used this for several days now and has become an instant favorite. It smells a little siliconey but goes away super fast. I recommend this to anyone who wants to try a new primer. Also as a bonus, I'd like to compliment the amazing packaging benefit has EVERY SINGLE RELEASE I LOVE IT.
Roxanne O.
Bakersfield , CA
This Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Face Primer is great! It reduced my pores and it held my makeup on, so it does the job. It applies smoothly and it was powdery /airy, it didn’t leave me with a sticky heavy feeling after I used it either.

It has a great faint citrusy smell, and the primer itself didn’t feel Cakey.

I would definitely retry this in a larger size (trial size?) before buying it full sized, just because this one time use sample was cool but the true test of a product sometimes depends on multiple uses. So at this moment I couldn’t say I’d buy it over my smashbox primer (I’m pretty loyal to the primerizer) , butttt I would use my Sephora insider points to retry it in a larger trial size.
tori s.
I have quite large pores on my cheeks where foundation tends to exaggerate them, which I hate. I like this primer because it fills my pores and makes my skin feel baby soft, however I do not use it often because I noticed it clogged by pores the more often I would use it. The product goes into your pores and when you wipe and wash off your makeup, it doesn't exactly get it all out. The product sits in your skin and builds up and creates breakouts. Another factor is that it does not have SPF. I do not consider this "primer" to be a legit primer, yet more of a pore filler. Although it does the job of filling your pores and provides a smoother look to your skin, your skin will eventually be bumpy due to the break outs it will cause to some. People who have larger pores tend to break more which is why this product isn't the best for them.
Isabel A.
I bought this after seeing the rave reviews of the product, but was disappointed. I do have terrible open pores on my nose and have been using a similar product (Olay regenerist filling+sealing), that did hide the pores effectively, but my complaint was that it lasted just a few hours and I would have to retouch if I wanted to keep that smooth look.
So I tried the Pore Fessional hoping it would last longer. Unfortunately it lasted much less. Even an hour after having applied it my pores were showing up. It was as if the product “melted away”. Immediately after applying the skin looks great. At least it blends well with my skin tone. But it doesn’t last.
For the poor performance I think the price is way off. I paid $12 at Sephora. I will not be buying again.
Lana R.
Tempe
Purchased at: Sephora
Okay, Benefit. You’ve got my attention now!

This is the first Benefit Cosmetics product I’ve ever tried and based on my experience with this primer, it’s making me want to try some of their other stuff. I had been eyeballing some of their stuff for a couple weeks now but never pulled the trigger.

This primer came in my 500 point gift box from Sephora last night. I was pretty excited to see that my points gift was by Benefit especially when I saw what came in it. It included 5 samples and 3 of those samples were the specific items I had been eyeballing but never bought. Perfect, right?

This primer was one of them. I’ve never been able to find a primer that I was in love with. I just so happened to be in search of a new primer because even though I have finally gotten my face back from dry to normal with good skincare, my makeup still looks cakey regardless of what I do/use/how I apply it. The one I have been using lately works as a setting spray but as a primer it just didn’t do what I wanted. There are so many primers out there it’s hard to choose. I read lots of reviews on here about various primers and this one popped up a few times but I kinda disregarded it because of its name. “The Porefessional” did not really spark my interest because that made me assume that it was best for people suffering from pore issues, which I don’t have a problem with. The few reviews I actually cared to read pretty much confirmed my assumption and also a lot of people that really liked it indicated they have oily skin and I have dry skin. So I didn’t think this primer was going to cut it for me.

I was SO wrong!! I decided to use it this morning as part of my usual cakey makeup routine. The first thing I noticed is that it was tinted when I squeezed it out. I didn’t know what to expect from that and I was nervous because it appeared to be darker than my skin tone but I put it on anyway. When I put it on it didn’t reflect that tint at all. It actually turned translucent when it hit my face so my face still looked like my natural no makeup face, except A LOT smoother. Like I said I don’t have large noticeable pores at all, but whatever pores I DID have COMPLETELY disappeared. My face felt so soft and smooth to the touch. It wasn’t dry, the finish wasn’t chalky or anything (I have experienced that type of finish before with a primer of this consistency). It was weightless and it didn’t feel like I had anything on my face whatsoever. I was amazed! A little also goes a long way. This sample is soooo tiny though, it’ll probably only last me one or two more days so I’ll definitely be buying the full size because not only did my makeup blend a lot easier, it doesn’t look caked on at all like it usually does. I’ve never used a primer that completely got rid of the cakey look. Some have come close, but nothing holds a candle to the end result I got today with this primer. This product was the only thing I changed in my usual makeup routine, and my morning skincare routine also remained the same. So because of that I know I can 100% credit this primer for my flawless look today. I should also add that I didn’t use my setting spray today just to see if this helped with how long my makeup lasts. I finished my makeup at 9:00 am and it is now 6:00 pm and nothing has moved, melted, flaked... everything is exactly how it was when I left for work this morning. Hands down the best primer I have ever used and had I not received this sample, I probably would have never tried it. Lesson learned, don’t make your decision based on the name :)
Blanca C.
Do you think this product is worth the price?
Jennifer L.
Pasadena, CA
We all have a way to apply this, so I'd love to hear what are some of the ways?
Serena Y.
San Francisco, CA
Is this worth buying? Price seems a bit too high for an itty bitty primer bottle.
Lynn S.
How does this primer perform on oily skin?
Lindsey R.
San Diego, CA
Is this like a primer? Because I have one of the smashbox primers but i really want to try this :)