BY BENEFIT COSMETICS #4 in Face Primer

Quickly minimize the appearance of pores & fine lines for smoother-than-smooth skin! Apply this silky, lightweight balm alone, under or over makeup. The translucent formula contains a vitamin E derivative known to protect skin from free radicals.

• Oil-free
  • Complements all skintones
  • Helps makeup stay put

Awards:

• #1 best-selling Prestige Face Primer in the US
  • #1 best-selling Prestige Face Primer in the US for 3 years

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Silica, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isododecane, Phenoxyethanol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Cyclohexasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance (Parfum), Mica, Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Limonene, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Bht.

• I have been looking for something like this! In your opin...15 Answers
  • Do you think this product is worth the price?186 Answers
  • What skin tone do you think this would not look good on? ...1 Answers
Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Face Primer
  • "i got the small one and it's great. i have oily/combo skin and it works for the large pores on my cheeks near my nose, sort of. it erases most pores but some i guess are too big to fill completely and my nose pores still show as well.. other than that, it's great and goes on fantastic, it's a light shade and good overall. " in 5458 reviews
  • "I have received some samples from Sephora and I can personally say that this product really works and a little goes a long way." in 74 reviews
  • "I used this product one time and one time only, it sunk into my pores and made my skin look like it was flaking off... no watt will I ever try this again!" in 65 reviews
  • "A little goes a long way; the product applies almost like silk on my face with a nice, light scent; I can notice immediately my pore size shrink." in 57 reviews
  • "I have been putting this as something to try but haven't gotten around to it and am super excited that I now have a sample size to try before splurging on a full size!" in 46 reviews
Portia E.
Purchased at: ULTA
The foundation I use as an everyday foundation (Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup) doesn’t require a primer to keep my makeup matte and long lasting. However, the foundation I use when I want to go all out does. And if I don’t use a primer, specifically this one, my face will be oily within an hour or two. I’m very impressed with this primer. I use to thing primers were unnecessary and does nothing, but I was wrong. When I saw how well my Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation lasted when I wore this as a primer, I was sold. Will never go without it again.
Sam E.
As someone whose skin usually cooperates, I sometimes find primer to be an unnecessary step, so I decided to try a bunch of different brands to see if anything really stood out as an amazing improvement. The primers I tried were this one, smashbox photo finish primer, too faced hangover primer, urban decay optical illusion primer, and julep blank canvas primer.

The first thing I'll say is that I had no obvious favorite. Like I said, my skin doesn't usually need a lot of product to begin with. Like all the others, POREfessional did the job of primer, not any better or worse than many other primers on the market. That being said, there were a lot of things about this primer that I liked that many of the other ones didn't have.

First, I liked that it was tinted instead of being white or clear. It feels less like just another cream I was putting on my face, and instead felt like a cosmetic product. The light tint actually made me feel like if I wanted to wear no makeup, I could just put this on and be done with it.

Second, I liked the texture. A lot of the other primers felt very greasy in my hands after I had applied it to my face, I remember when using smashbox photo finish I actually had a hard time getting the cap off my eyeliner because my hands were so slippery with all the leftover stuff on my hands. This formula felt very light and didn't feel like it left any residue on my hands, which I really liked.
Taiba P.
Ashburn
As someone who loves skincare and makeup and lotions and magic potions to get a smooth skin (haha) I am always on the lookout for products that work. I was skeptical about buying benefit product (I used  to use them all the time when I had acne and it did not help- maybe coz my acne was so severe that it didn't matter what I used - SIGH). I decided to buy travel version; excited to use it I took off my makeup and started fresh (yes I am an addict!) First thing I noticed was the texture was very smooth and velvety- Not heavy at all. Once I applied I thought eh? my skin still looks same- only slight difference. I then searched for the best method to apply this primer. you need to dab on and then use circular motions to really get the results. Once you apply your foundations- which BTW goes on so smooth you are left with a very smooth looking skin. It does blur out pores- trust me I have lots of them and the size of them is incredible lol. To make things even better- I didnt have to use alot- so that little travel size lasted me a while. Highly recommend product. Go on give it a go you wont regret using it :)
kim a.
Batavia, IL
My skin has some enlarged pores, and I have heard wonderful things about this primer, so I decided to give it a try. First of all, the price. This primer is outrageously priced in my opinion. I bought the mini tube for $12 and it lasted about a month or so after daily usage. That being said, this primer did reduce the appearance of pores on my nose and forehead. My foundation, concealer and other products layered as normal. It did smooth out my skin for a while, however I kept breaking out wherever I used this on my skin. I'm not sure if that is because of an ingredient, or that it just clogged up my pores. This would be a good product for someone who has very large pores that need that silicone filling, but I'd be careful not to clog your pores. It mattifies oily skin and smooths skin tone and texture-a major plus. I didn't notice much of a difference to the rest of my makeup when applied over it-it didn't shock me with anything in particular. Overall, I have given this product a 3/5 because there are similar products that do the same function just as well or even better for a fraction of the cost. I have used the Maybelinne Baby Skin primer and it is practically identical in ingredients and function. My skin never broke out after using the Baby Skin primer. For me, it wasn't worth the extra money for a very similar product that I can get much cheaper at the drugstore.
Catherine W.
Naples, TX
Purchased at: Sephora
While this product did do a good job of blurring out my pores, it didn't have the same effect over acne spots, and tended to exacerbate my dry patches and did nothing to extend the life of my foundation. It also did not help prevent makeup settling into fine lines. Overall not worth the hype in my opinion, but it is one of the better silicone based primers available. I personally prefer Too Faced Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer as it is cruelty-free and less slippery feeling.
Jennifer M.
Washington DC
Bought this at my local Ulta. This is a miracle primer. It's main purpose is to minimize pores and it does that really well. It completely eliminates the appearance of pores for a more airbrush look, but I do have some larger ones that do get drunk nonetheless. I think it's worth the price since all you need is a pea size to get this in your T-zone and as I said gets the job well done. It does lasts for months and months (full size, not travel). Highly recommend this gem.
Stephanie H.
Canton, MI
To start, my pores are large and incredibly noticeable. I've come to the conclusion that nothing will ever hide them completely.  However, the POREfessional Face Primer has done wonders to help conceal them.  It has been a staple in my makeup bag for a number of years and when I'm feeling lazy, I'll put some of this primer on and go out.  I feel that comfortable with how it evens out my complexion and hides my pores to wear only this on my off days.
Iris P.
Johns Creek, GA
Unpopular opinion, but I recently got a travel size of this at Sephora, and I thought it was just meh. It’s just pretty average and doesn’t do a ton minimizing my pores. Also, because it’s a silicon based primer, I can’t put it on my nose. When I do, it sinks into my pores and when I apply foundation, it grabs the foundation and each pore looks about 2 shades lighter than the actual foundation and actually looks more obvious. Still trying to find a good primer.
Linn L.
California
This really works. I have pores on my face and on my nose and if my primer doesn't do the job blurring out my pores. This is my go to product. It literlly makes my makeup flawless when using this product under my makeup. It can also be used alone if not using any makeup to cover and smoothen out my pores. It leaves a smooth silky feeling which is really nice and unnoticeable with or without makeup. Really good product and has been one of my staples in my makeup bag.
Tiffany P.
Las Vegas
Purchased at: Sephora
It's decent. But it doesn't do as advertised for me. I don't see a reduction in pore size and it doesn't really extend the wear of my foundation. But I have oily skin. So it's hard to combat that. My best friend has dry skin and she loves this. Swears it makes her pores look smaller. I don't think you get anywhere near enough product for the price! Especially when all.the other brands give you way more product for similar are cheaper price.
Blanca C.
Do you think this product is worth the price?
Jennifer L.
Pasadena, CA
We all have a way to apply this, so I'd love to hear what are some of the ways?
Serena Y.
San Francisco, CA
Is this worth buying? Price seems a bit too high for an itty bitty primer bottle.
Lynn S.
How does this primer perform on oily skin?
Lindsey R.
San Diego, CA
Is this like a primer? Because I have one of the smashbox primers but i really want to try this :)