Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Face Primer

Quickly minimize the appearance of pores & fine lines for smoother-than-smooth skin! Apply this silky, lightweight balm alone, under or over makeup. The translucent formula contains a vitamin E derivative known to protect skin from free radicals.

• Oil-free
  • Complements all skintones
  • Helps makeup stay put

Awards:

• #1 best-selling Prestige Face Primer in the US
  • #1 best-selling Prestige Face Primer in the US for 3 years

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Silica, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isododecane, Phenoxyethanol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Cyclohexasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance (Parfum), Mica, Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Limonene, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Bht.

Que tanta cobertura tiene? se ve natural?
Does this primer work for oily, sensitive skin? I’m looking for a primer to control pores and oil throughout the day. Honest thoughts or other suggestions are welcome and appreciated! (:
Start your review of Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Face Primer!
Product Highlights
“i got the small one and it's great. i have oily/combo skin and it works for the large pores on my cheeks near my nose, sort of. it erases most pores but some i guess are too big to fill completely and my nose pores still show as well.. other than that, it's great and goes on fantastic, it's a light shade and good overall. ” in reviews
“I have received some samples from Sephora and I can personally say that this product really works and a little goes a long way.” in reviews
“I used this product one time and one time only, it sunk into my pores and made my skin look like it was flaking off... no watt will I ever try this again!” in reviews
“A little goes a long way; the product applies almost like silk on my face with a nice, light scent; I can notice immediately my pore size shrink.” in reviews
“...super excited that I now have a sample size to try before splurging on a full size!” in reviews
Liverpool, NY
I'm pretty torn with this primer. It definitely has it's pros, but also has some cons too. The package is very cute (in line with all Benifit products) with it's retro graphics. It is a standard squeeze tube. The tube makes it super simple to squeeze on a blender for a nice, easy application. The scent is pleasant and very light. Application is super simple. I like to use a beauty blender and bounce it around. Sometimes I just go in with clean fingers. The consistency is just a tad tacky (which I don't mind at all as it will really help the makeup stick) and dries to a powdery and silky finish. It is very easy to move around on the face and doesn't get clumpy. I was shook at how well this blurred out my pores! It doesn't cover them up, rather it just masks their appearance. It also blurs out fine lines too! It's like having a filter on your face at all times! I also like how there is a tiny bit of luminous radiance that really brings out a healthy glow on the skin. As the day goes on though, this starts to feel very heavy and greasy on the skin. It's almost like the makeup slips right off the primer! Your skin/makeup will look incredible for about 4-5 hours, then it goes south. Another con is that this primer is unbelievably expensive! If the formula stayed put and didn't get heavy, I would have no problem with the price. But truth be told, there are many other primers out there that do the same thing and stay on way better! If you have an event that isn't that long, and you need to look fabulous and flawless, then this primer will be wonderful! (I suggest the trial size!) If your looking for a daily blurring primer that you want to last all day, this will let you down. I wanted this to be great so bad! In a way it is, but it also isn't. A but of a disappointment for me.Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Face Primer
Spanaway, WA
Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Face Primer uploaded by Naomi H.
Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Face Primer uploaded by Naomi H.
Purchased at: ULTA
I absolutely fell in love with this product. Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Face Primer I watched as my pores became smoothed over, truly to a degree of shock. The only problem for me is that I have combination to dry skin and this is drying. I had to use extra moisturizer and hydrating setting sprays a lot more than I usually did to make this work for me. Foundation applies smoothly over top and I had no trouble with any makeup meshing well with it otherwise. Then Benefit came out with the POREfessional Hydrating Face Primer which is more my speed. BUT this primer is still one of my go-to primers as it fills pores so well. I use my hydrating primer all over my face and do spot use this primer on the more oil prone areas like my T-zone. I do recommend Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Primer as well as Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional: Hydrate Primer
Bothell, WA
Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Face Primer uploaded by jordan L.
Purchased at: Sephora
I don’t know why but I cannot get this primer to work for me. First of all, the silicon makes my skin feel suffocated. My main problem though is the pilling. I’ve tried it with multiple foundations, and every time it pills off my face and makes my foundation set all uneven and weird. I’ve tried every type of application technique- even when I just lightly press it into my skin it pills off when I put my foundation on. Ive tried cleansing and putting toner on my face before application, still goes on weird. I don’t know if I’m the only one to have this problem or what but I don’t get it. I don’t want to totally trash it though, I know it’s a holy grail for so many people and it could just be something I’m doing wrong so I’ll leave it at 3 stars. Not for me, but there’s a good chance if you’re thinking of buying this you won’t have my problem.
My new favorite and MUST have! I’ve used this before and I remember I liked it but thought I liked the Too Faced pore perfector better but after trying this again I was wrong, the Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Face Primer is WAAAYYY better! My biggest issues with silicon primers is that they don’t always work with every foundation because you put on the primer just for when you put on the foundation it balls/ clumps up and then it looks weird. BUT this doesn’t do that! I am able to use this primer with any of my foundations and I like to switch up my foundations regularly so I’ve used this with my makeup forever foundation, my life Fenty foundation, Chanel, Tarte and many others. I’m so glad I tried this again! Because of my health I always have to be careful with products I use but this has been great with no harsh chemicals that hurt my skin. I’m 32, sensitive skin and get occasional redness, my biggest concern is fine lines Benefits: -smooths over pores like NO other primer! -can wear it by itself or a foundation over it -a little goes a long way! -Doesn’t make me break out -price point compared to others similar is great! Really my only thing is I think they should sell even bigger bottles! I like to only have to shop for things once every few months so if they sold another bigger size on a regular basis I would love that! Benefit has always had great products but I’m glad I gave this one another try because it’s my new favorite!
West Columbia, SC
Purchased at: ULTA
I don't think a girl could ever have enough of this product! As a member of a few different beauty subscription boxes, I think I have received this product in it's deluxe sample version in just about e every single box. At the time and before actually trying it out, I kept thinking there must be something exceptional about it for it to make its way into such popular beauty boxes and I see why... Now I adore this product. It's so silky and soft, effortless to apply, and does a phenomenal job at priming the skin, covering up any blemishes, dark spots, and even severe rosascea. I can't believe how flawless my skin becomes after applying. I highly recommend this product as a primer and a concealer. It can definitely do the job of both. There is no fragrance, really, which I like. I don't want my primers to be fragrances whatsoever. The thought of my entire face having a scent is strange, if I think about it. I think the packaging is a bit boring anf outdated, to me. I guess this is because I've been seeing this same boring packaging for years now and not once have they even slightly upgraded it, while all around you see other products, even coming from the same brand, being changed and updated, some even being discontinued. I would love to see a change in this packaging but other than that it's a remarkable product!
Watertown, WI
This is the OG primer that set the bar high for all other pore filling primers. This was, in fact, the first primer I ever used and now I am a true, verifiable primer junkie. I had this belief that primer made my skin greasy and broke me out. I don’t know what led me to cling to this belief but I got a sample of this in a Sephora order and I used it, not expecting anything much. That afternoon, when I checked my makeup in my compact mirror, I was transfixed with my reflection. My makeup was completely in place. My oily skin never allows that to happen!! It was history from that moment forward. I am a total supporter of using primer. I learned that I prefer a radiant, dewy primer, but for porefilling, oil control, and extended makeup wear, this is what’s up. It’s a very thick and slightly nude tinted formula. It has a scent that I adore. Not very strong though. The downfall for my combination skin is that if I have any dry areas at all, this will not look flattering. It clings to any dry or flaking skin. They recently launched a hydrating version that is perfect for my combination skin. It seems expensive but a full size tube lasts a long, long time. I have heard other consumers say that the silicone in this primer breaks them out, but I have not experienced that at all. This is the true pore filling champ.
I got the sample size version that came with a beauty purchase and didn't expect much. Boy was I surprised! It helped mattify oily parts of my skin and filled in my pores around my t-zone. My foundation glides on smoothly over my skin and the thick grippy texture helps my foundation stay on my face. I use it with a lightweight foundation so it doesn't make my makeup look cakey. But because of the thickness and the texture, it might make full coverage foundation look cakey. I find the packaging very boring and wish they would revamp it as they did with their brow products. I guess I'm just not into their retro/vintage packaging vibe. Unfortunately, it has fragrance so I'm taking one star off. Not quite a holy grail product for me because there are other products that work the same if not better.
Saint Cloud, FL
Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Face Primer uploaded by Timi R.
I received this product complementary for review purposes. I really like the branding. It’s a somewhat good size, but would like to see it come in a bigger containers that holds more product. When I opened it, first thing I did was smell it....it has a very light fresh scent. My skin type at the moment is dry, so this bad boy came just in time. It is a hydrating primer. When I applied it on my face, it felt silky & smooth, a nice light fragrance & did not feel heavy at all. I applied my foundation & makeup as normal. It seemed it does definitely do the job if a hydrating primer. As far as my pores, I could see a tiny bit difference. My pores are not that big to start with, but after applying POREfessional I felt my face was more “tidy & fresh”. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone with any skin type. I would also purchase this in the store, now that I know it’s the bomb.com! #contest #benefitcosmetics #makeup Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Face Primer
Lombard, IL
Purchased at: Sephora
I really do like this primer. Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Face Primer This is a cult classic that I've been using for a long time! I really like how it covers up my pores it does a very good job of that. It's fairly easy to blind as well but I can't put a lot of this on my face because it makes it feel really oily. I've never had a problem with a primer before that does this. So now what I do is use the porefessional on the parts of my face where I have the worst problems with pores. Then for the rest of my face I use Tatcha The Silk Canvas on days where I really really need my makeup to stay on and look perfect.
Houston
I got this product from Macy's beauty department. This was before i found out there was more primers from this company. My friend and i tried it in our areas that had the most pores, we both have different types of skins obviously. Her skin is more oily, so when she use this pore primer it didn't help. again she had only skin so i don't recall if i was trying to "erase" her oily pores??? or if it just wasn't the right primer for her. As for me, I have combination skin and a lot of what i like to think what pores are, black/white head. when i applied my foundation i still could see those pores so i was disappointed that it did not work, but i don't think that one bad experience should justify the product itself. It's probably a great product. i do have concerns about the pricing. companies that are big like this one are trying to rip you off. (correct me if i am wrong) $13 for the travel/mini size and $30+regular size is wack. I am probably complaining since i am cheap.

2,967 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...