BY BENEFIT COSMETICS #6 in Face Primer

Quickly minimize the appearance of pores & fine lines for smoother-than-smooth skin! Apply this silky, lightweight balm alone, under or over makeup. The translucent formula contains a vitamin E derivative known to protect skin from free radicals.

• Oil-free
  • Complements all skintones
  • Helps makeup stay put

Awards:

• #1 best-selling Prestige Face Primer in the US
  • #1 best-selling Prestige Face Primer in the US for 3 years

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Silica, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isododecane, Phenoxyethanol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Cyclohexasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance (Parfum), Mica, Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Limonene, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Bht.

Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Face Primer
  • "i got the small one and it's great. i have oily/combo skin and it works for the large pores on my cheeks near my nose, sort of. it erases most pores but some i guess are too big to fill completely and my nose pores still show as well.. other than that, it's great and goes on fantastic, it's a light shade and good overall. " in 5458 reviews
  • "I have received some samples from Sephora and I can personally say that this product really works and a little goes a long way." in 74 reviews
  • "I used this product one time and one time only, it sunk into my pores and made my skin look like it was flaking off... no watt will I ever try this again!" in 65 reviews
  • "A little goes a long way; the product applies almost like silk on my face with a nice, light scent; I can notice immediately my pore size shrink." in 57 reviews
  • "I have been putting this as something to try but haven't gotten around to it and am super excited that I now have a sample size to try before splurging on a full size!" in 46 reviews
Sam E.
Chicago
As someone whose skin usually cooperates, I sometimes find primer to be an unnecessary step, so I decided to try a bunch of different brands to see if anything really stood out as an amazing improvement. The primers I tried were this one, smashbox photo finish primer, too faced hangover primer, urban decay optical illusion primer, and julep blank canvas primer.

The first thing I'll say is that I had no obvious favorite. Like I said, my skin doesn't usually need a lot of product to begin with. Like all the others, POREfessional did the job of primer, not any better or worse than many other primers on the market. That being said, there were a lot of things about this primer that I liked that many of the other ones didn't have.

First, I liked that it was tinted instead of being white or clear. It feels less like just another cream I was putting on my face, and instead felt like a cosmetic product. The light tint actually made me feel like if I wanted to wear no makeup, I could just put this on and be done with it.

Second, I liked the texture. A lot of the other primers felt very greasy in my hands after I had applied it to my face, I remember when using smashbox photo finish I actually had a hard time getting the cap off my eyeliner because my hands were so slippery with all the leftover stuff on my hands. This formula felt very light and didn't feel like it left any residue on my hands, which I really liked.
Taiba P.
Ashburn
As someone who loves skincare and makeup and lotions and magic potions to get a smooth skin (haha) I am always on the lookout for products that work. I was skeptical about buying benefit product (I used  to use them all the time when I had acne and it did not help- maybe coz my acne was so severe that it didn't matter what I used - SIGH). I decided to buy travel version; excited to use it I took off my makeup and started fresh (yes I am an addict!) First thing I noticed was the texture was very smooth and velvety- Not heavy at all. Once I applied I thought eh? my skin still looks same- only slight difference. I then searched for the best method to apply this primer. you need to dab on and then use circular motions to really get the results. Once you apply your foundations- which BTW goes on so smooth you are left with a very smooth looking skin. It does blur out pores- trust me I have lots of them and the size of them is incredible lol. To make things even better- I didnt have to use alot- so that little travel size lasted me a while. Highly recommend product. Go on give it a go you wont regret using it :)
kim a.
Batavia, IL
My skin has some enlarged pores, and I have heard wonderful things about this primer, so I decided to give it a try. First of all, the price. This primer is outrageously priced in my opinion. I bought the mini tube for $12 and it lasted about a month or so after daily usage. That being said, this primer did reduce the appearance of pores on my nose and forehead. My foundation, concealer and other products layered as normal. It did smooth out my skin for a while, however I kept breaking out wherever I used this on my skin. I'm not sure if that is because of an ingredient, or that it just clogged up my pores. This would be a good product for someone who has very large pores that need that silicone filling, but I'd be careful not to clog your pores. It mattifies oily skin and smooths skin tone and texture-a major plus. I didn't notice much of a difference to the rest of my makeup when applied over it-it didn't shock me with anything in particular. Overall, I have given this product a 3/5 because there are similar products that do the same function just as well or even better for a fraction of the cost. I have used the Maybelinne Baby Skin primer and it is practically identical in ingredients and function. My skin never broke out after using the Baby Skin primer. For me, it wasn't worth the extra money for a very similar product that I can get much cheaper at the drugstore.
Kat A.
Long Island, NY
I love this primer! Its a creamy thick texture but once applied it smoothens out and is very lightweight. It definitely does what it claims, fills in your pores and smooths your skin for foundation application! I notice that sometimes when my skins very dry it has a tendency to peel off but if I see that happening I just wash it off and apply moisturizer then go in with the primer again-bc I do have dry/combo skin so I don’t think that happens due to the primer only. When I do use moisturizer first and apply the primer I see a huge difference. My skin looks great and poreless which I love and my makeup stays that way all day. You can even just put on the primer and go about ur day if you just want your skin to look even, smooth and poreless. It is highend but I would say your getting what you pay for with this product! Awesome! Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Face Primer
Ashley R.
Phoenix, AZ
I bought this during the 21 days of Ulta. I thought I liked my smashbox primer and my face blue by etude house but this seriously takes the cake when I want to feel beautiful with caked on makeup and not looking cakey. This makes my skin feel lightweight even with foundation, color corrector, concealer, and setting powder lol. This product is great for people who have a little bit larger pores. I have used this for several days now and has become an instant favorite. It smells a little siliconey but goes away super fast. I recommend this to anyone who wants to try a new primer. Also as a bonus, I'd like to compliment the amazing packaging benefit has EVERY SINGLE RELEASE I LOVE IT.
Roxanne O.
Bakersfield, CA
This Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Face Primer is great! It reduced my pores and it held my makeup on, so it does the job. It applies smoothly and it was powdery /airy, it didn’t leave me with a sticky heavy feeling after I used it either.

It has a great faint citrusy smell, and the primer itself didn’t feel Cakey.

I would definitely retry this in a larger size (trial size?) before buying it full sized, just because this one time use sample was cool but the true test of a product sometimes depends on multiple uses. So at this moment I couldn’t say I’d buy it over my smashbox primer (I’m pretty loyal to the primerizer) , butttt I would use my Sephora insider points to retry it in a larger trial size.
tori s.
I have quite large pores on my cheeks where foundation tends to exaggerate them, which I hate. I like this primer because it fills my pores and makes my skin feel baby soft, however I do not use it often because I noticed it clogged by pores the more often I would use it. The product goes into your pores and when you wipe and wash off your makeup, it doesn't exactly get it all out. The product sits in your skin and builds up and creates breakouts. Another factor is that it does not have SPF. I do not consider this "primer" to be a legit primer, yet more of a pore filler. Although it does the job of filling your pores and provides a smoother look to your skin, your skin will eventually be bumpy due to the break outs it will cause to some. People who have larger pores tend to break more which is why this product isn't the best for them.
Isabel A.
I bought this after seeing the rave reviews of the product, but was disappointed. I do have terrible open pores on my nose and have been using a similar product (Olay regenerist filling+sealing), that did hide the pores effectively, but my complaint was that it lasted just a few hours and I would have to retouch if I wanted to keep that smooth look.
So I tried the Pore Fessional hoping it would last longer. Unfortunately it lasted much less. Even an hour after having applied it my pores were showing up. It was as if the product “melted away”. Immediately after applying the skin looks great. At least it blends well with my skin tone. But it doesn’t last.
For the poor performance I think the price is way off. I paid $12 at Sephora. I will not be buying again.
Davina H.
Lock Haven, PA
I’m in complete shock. I was unsure about this product only because all of thee other primers I’ve used for pores, never worked or hid anything COMPLETELY, just did a little. But this POREfessional primer by Benefit minimizes and hides ALL of my pores. I am currently in the mirror loving what I am seeing. NOTHING! I literally see nothing. My pores are huge and so noticeable. It sucks. This is THE ONLY PRIMER that has EVER worked super well. The rest I like but am not in love with. I am in love with this one. I highly recommend this to everyone that is struggling with huge noticeable pores or fine lines and wrinkles. The price is a little on the high side but so so so worth it. I am beyond happy I bought this and my search for any other primers is OVER/DONE! This will forever by the primer I turn to! The formula is amazing, at first I thought it was going to be like the Smashbox (purple bottle) primer, texture, thankfully it wasn’t. The Smashbox is a little harder when it comes out and harder to spread around the face. This Benefit primer is more liquidity but creamy.. Not hard.. Soft and easy to spread around. The only similarity they have is the color. It does have a tad of a smell but nothing that makes me wanna turn it away. I will be buying again! No doubt in my mind. My face is as smooth as a baby’s bottom! Best primer ever made.
Lauren S.
I have heard that this is one of the best if not the best pore filling primers. So i decided to get it and try. Once i tried it i was so disappointed i thought it did nothing for my pores. But i was doing it wrong the whole time. For filling your pores you have to actually massage and work the product into your skin. It’s not a primer where you can rub all over your face. So with that said i was very happy on how it filled my pores and i would recommend this product and feel everyone should have it in there makeup collection. Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Face Primer
Blanca C.
Do you think this product is worth the price?
Jennifer L.
Pasadena, CA
We all have a way to apply this, so I'd love to hear what are some of the ways?
Serena Y.
San Francisco, CA
Is this worth buying? Price seems a bit too high for an itty bitty primer bottle.
Lynn S.
How does this primer perform on oily skin?
Lindsey R.
San Diego, CA
Is this like a primer? Because I have one of the smashbox primers but i really want to try this :)