Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Face PrimerInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY BENEFIT COSMETICS #3 in Face Primer

Quickly minimize the appearance of pores & fine lines for smoother-than-smooth skin! Apply this silky, lightweight balm alone, under or over makeup. The translucent formula contains a vitamin E derivative known to protect skin from free radicals.

• Oil-free
  • Complements all skintones
  • Helps makeup stay put

Awards:

• #1 best-selling Prestige Face Primer in the US
  • #1 best-selling Prestige Face Primer in the US for 3 years

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Silica, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isododecane, Phenoxyethanol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Cyclohexasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance (Parfum), Mica, Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Limonene, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Bht.

• I have been looking for something like this! In your opinion, is ...10 Answers
  • Do you think this product is worth the price?173 Answers
  • Should i buy this primer or not? Pro!8 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "i got the small one and it's great. i have oily/combo skin and it works for the large pores on my cheeks near my nose, sort of. it erases most pores but some i guess are too big to fill completely and my nose pores still show as well.. other than that, it's great and goes on fantastic, it's a light shade and good overall. " in 5458 reviews
  • "I have received some samples from Sephora and I can personally say that this product really works and a little goes a long way." in 74 reviews
  • "I used this product one time and one time only, it sunk into my pores and made my skin look like it was flaking off... no watt will I ever try this again!" in 65 reviews
  • "A little goes a long way; the product applies almost like silk on my face with a nice, light scent; I can notice immediately my pore size shrink." in 57 reviews
  • "I have been putting this as something to try but haven't gotten around to it and am super excited that I now have a sample size to try before splurging on a full size!" in 46 reviews
kim a.
Batavia, IL
My skin has some enlarged pores, and I have heard wonderful things about this primer, so I decided to give it a try. First of all, the price. This primer is outrageously priced in my opinion. I bought the mini tube for $12 and it lasted about a month or so after daily usage. That being said, this primer did reduce the appearance of pores on my nose and forehead. My foundation, concealer and other products layered as normal. It did smooth out my skin for a while, however I kept breaking out wherever I used this on my skin. I'm not sure if that is because of an ingredient, or that it just clogged up my pores. This would be a good product for someone who has very large pores that need that silicone filling, but I'd be careful not to clog your pores. It mattifies oily skin and smooths skin tone and texture-a major plus. I didn't notice much of a difference to the rest of my makeup when applied over it-it didn't shock me with anything in particular. Overall, I have given this product a 3/5 because there are similar products that do the same function just as well or even better for a fraction of the cost. I have used the Maybelinne Baby Skin primer and it is practically identical in ingredients and function. My skin never broke out after using the Baby Skin primer. For me, it wasn't worth the extra money for a very similar product that I can get much cheaper at the drugstore.
Alletse A.
So I definitely have pro’s and con’s about this product.
I can see why this primer is so loved by so many as it truly does fill pores and even kinda blur a little too, so yes it does exactly what it’s supposed to do, a little went a long way, and I even loved that it was a nude color.
I only used this in my t zone which also happens to be where I get oily because I have combo skin (currently oily/dry).
Since this is a pore filling primer, I guess I kind of assumed that it would also be mattifying since so many pore filling primers are matte.
Although it did amazing for my pores, I looked greasy and shiny and I’m not even super oily so I obviously won’t use this in my t zone anymore because I’d rather use a matte primer for my t zone instead.
I don’t have huge pores so I don’t really need this but it was a gift and I was excited to try it because I never woulda purchased it on my own.
I might try it on the rest of my face since it might work for that.
I think it’s a great product btw and really does work, just didn’t work out for my skin type and I’m kinda sad because like I said it works hella good.
Ellyn H.
I have super huge pores like an orange, and this really fills them in. The picture shows my huge pores, but doesn't show them filled in. I absolutely hate my pores, so when I find something that works, I keep using it.

I have oily skin (extremely), and I mainly use this on the pores on my cheeks, so I don't know how it works for the T-zone.  I don't know if it is super oily in that area or not, but it doesn't get oily on my cheeks, and my cheeks tend to also get oily on their own.

Maybelline Volum' Express® The Colossal® Waterproof Mascara  used in photo
  e.l.f. Waterproof Eyeliner Pen used in photo
Beth H.
Columbia, MD
It perfectly filled in my pores.... for an hour and a half.

Y'all, I really wanted to love this product. I put in all the research. Read every review, good and bad. Waited MONTHS to actually purchase it because the price seemed steep for the amount of product you get. When I finally bought it, I couldn't wait to try it.

I was AMAZED at how smooth my skin looked after using this and doing my full face. However, when I checked an hour or so later, the oils had broken through dramatically, my pores looked more accentuated, and my makeup looked dull and cakey.

It did an awesome job at first, but if you have oily skin or need your makeup to be long lasting, this WILL NOT do it for you. I mean, maybe it will, maybe I got unlucky, but I was SO bummed to return this after all the years of hype about it. Just not worth the price since it really only fills in pores short-term and doesn't do anything else for your skin.
Ashley R.
Phoenix, AZ
I bought this during the 21 days of Ulta. I thought I liked my smashbox primer and my face blue by etude house but this seriously takes the cake when I want to feel beautiful with caked on makeup and not looking cakey. This makes my skin feel lightweight even with foundation, color corrector, concealer, and setting powder lol. This product is great for people who have a little bit larger pores. I have used this for several days now and has become an instant favorite. It smells a little siliconey but goes away super fast. I recommend this to anyone who wants to try a new primer. Also as a bonus, I'd like to compliment the amazing packaging benefit has EVERY SINGLE RELEASE I LOVE IT.
Tiffany T.
Minford, OH
I have tried many different primers that claim to be poor perfecting, and while some of them did work, none of them are up to par with the porefessional! It has a texture unlike any other primer that I ever seen. It's almost gritty two the point that it fills in every little pore on my face, without making my face slippery or difficult to apply foundation on. I love that it is tinted because I feel that that really steps up the blurring effect and just create a solid Flawless canvas to apply my makeup on. It requires such a small amount of product that will last for a long time, making the price point totally worth it. I have large pores in my Tea Zone, especially along my apples of my cheeks, and have searched high and low to find a product that would minimize the appearance. I think it's safe to say that I won't find a product that works better than the porefessional! While it doesn't minimize them 100%, it's really close. I think that it just feels so good on the skin, almost like a skin care product. This truly is an innovative product that does what it claims to do, and I highly recommend this to anyone struggling with large pores showing through their makeup.
Anna S.
New Providnce, NJ
This is one of the best bases for liquid makeup. If you have large pores, textured skin, oily skin, or just want a flatter base, look no further. POREfessional is a godsend. I use it mainly in the center of my face. It feels kind of weird and slick if you are not used to it, but I promise anything you apply on top will look stunning. My foundation has never looked better, and it lasts a really long time. I find it’s best to smooth it over your skin with your fingers to make sure it’s really filling everything in before you apply foundation or whatever on top.

This is also a great value, it isn’t very expensive to begin with but a little bit of this product goes a long way. I bough the smaller size and I still have so much product left.
Serena M.
This is the primer Ive been searching for my entire life. It does everything it claims and more. It covers my large pores, controls my oily skin, evens out my textured skin, and fills in my fine lines under my eyes. It also keeps my foundation from getting patchy. From where my skin is normally so oily, my foundation would look so patchy by the end the day from the oily spots, but not anymore! This is miracle cream. I have tried so many primers but this is definitely the one. It is a little pricey, but a little goes a long way. I mainly use it on my T-Zone and under my eyes. After applying I pat it in so it will fill in my pores. I find using my hands words best. This primer is definitely one of the best ones out there, if not the best.
Cara E.
Pikeville, KY
Favorite foundation primer. I have oily/combination skin with large pores on my cheeks near my nose and on my chin. This works so well to “fill in” those large pores and make them virtually disappear. Makes my skin really matte, but not too matte to wear it looks fake and unnatural. The primer blends in effortlessly. I like to pat it on the places I need the most coverage - which is namely my cheeks and chin. I put it on after my moisturizer and before applying any face makeup. It lasts a long time without touch ups. It’s very silky, not greasy and feels very lightweight. I buy backups of my backups because I refuse to ever be out of this product. It’s the holy grail of primers for me.
Gabbie S.
This primer did my absolute favorite! I love the feel of it and how it makes my foundation go on smooth and it truly does blur out my pores. So far this is my favorite primer, I would definitely say this has a matte finish. With this product a little bit goes a long way and the smell isn't too bad either. Aa a price point, this primer is a little pricey but I do believe that it is worth the price. I love the way it makes my foundation looks and I love how it evens our the texture on my skin. The only thing I have noticed is when my skin is more dry than normal, this primer tends to clump up in those dry areas so I just recommend fully moisturizing before applying the primer and it will work wonders!!
Blanca C.
Do you think this product is worth the price?
Jennifer L.
Pasadena , CA
We all have a way to apply this, so I'd love to hear what are some of the ways?
Serena Y.
San Francisco, CA
Is this worth buying? Price seems a bit too high for an itty bitty primer bottle.
Lynn S.
How does this primer perform on oily skin?
Lindsey R.
San Diego , CA
Is this like a primer? Because I have one of the smashbox primers but i really want to try this :)